LAPD female detective arrested in 1986 Van Nuys murder

Full story: LA Daily News

A Los Angeles Police Department detective was arrested Friday in connection with the 1986 killing of her ex-boyfriend's wife, police said.
Comments
101 - 116 of 116 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
She Is A Murderer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jun 10, 2009
 
Who ever defends her saying she was a good cop should be caned. She is a murderer plain and simple, she beat the #&@$ out of the woman and then shot her several times. Who cares what she did with her life after that she is still a MURDERER!
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jun 10, 2009
 
She Is A Murderer wrote:
Who ever defends her saying she was a good cop should be caned. She is a murderer plain and simple, she beat the #&@$ out of the woman and then shot her several times. Who cares what she did with her life after that she is still a MURDERER!
Yeah, anybody would straighten up after getting away with murder. Anybody other than OJ Simpson and that cop Peterson. But maybe she's not as psychopathic and pathological as they are.
MIM

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jun 10, 2009
 
duhhh wrote:
<quoted text> ok whatever. you'll listen, but will you save my as* when they come and harass me? i dont think so. i can say that this woman has a niece who associates with hardcore gangmembers and even is harboring one who is wanted for murder, she has shown bias towards this niece by letting said neice go with herion in her car that she was purchasing for said gangmembers, and even accessed information so the wanted man could have a heads up that he was wanted. is that enough nosy arse? i've got more but hey remember "i'm full of it" lol
well, that is some interesting information, sounds just like an article in the daily news, someone did something, some place but we don't got a name or description so anyone with REAL information is asked to call the local law enforcement office.
If you have more info there is "we tip hotline" that does not ask for names and does not ask for phone numbers, the FBI will not ask if you say you don't want to give it. there are a few things you can do but you are scared......why? are you the only person that could possibly know these things about them? why would they suspect you if they got busted?
MIM

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Jun 10, 2009
 
Hotline Numbers. 800-78-CRIME 800 47-DRUGS. 800 47-ARSON 800-US-FRAUD
geronimo

New Canton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Jun 10, 2009
 
Why do you assume she was a good cop all these years after the murder? Just because the cops say so? There are plenty of "good" cops who commit perjury who never are found out. After all, who is the judge or jury going to believe - a cop or a non-cop? A person who thinks nothing of murdering someone would likely think nothing of lying either. The question we should all be asking is, How many innocent people were convicted because this dirt-bag cop lied under oath?
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Jun 10, 2009
 
Rich Man wrote:
If she is convicted, she is a disgrace to the uniform! A life sentence would be letter her off easy.
Even if they do not convict her for whatever reason, she is alreadya disgrace.
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Jun 10, 2009
 
Very Amateur Detective wrote:
Couldn't her DNA be near the victim because she was having an affair with the husband?
And her DNA ends up in the bite marks left on the victim? Nice try.
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Jun 10, 2009
 
Anti Bureaucratic Mess wrote:
I think we should look at what was done here instead of saying how long it took. Say all you want about our civil servants but at the end of the day, they never gave up and brought justice. So stop bashing the civil servants every freakin day on every freakin post. Don't you get sick of it?
It was a different set of civil servants. The original ones shameless looked the other way (and even ridiculed the victims father) when strong leads (e.g stolen marriage license) were staring them in the face.
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Jun 10, 2009
 
cannot believe it wrote:
I met her at Special Olympics and she seemed so nice. I am reserving judgement until the facts are in and someone is innocent until proven guilty...at least in this country it's supposed to be like that. If what she is alleged to have done is true, then I pray for her soul and if she's innocent, then she should be exonerated. As someone else said here, her DNA could have been there because she was seeing the husband. I don't know. The facts have to come out.
How does her DNA end up in the bite wounds left on the victim?
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Jun 10, 2009
 
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are really retarded. I agree with you
Even without DNA, according to what the father of the victim told police, they should have serious looked into her being a suspect back then Instead the chose to believe it was a pair of Hispanic male robbers who committed the crime. Why would the robbers steal a marriage licence?
caught

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jun 10, 2009
 
Lanie wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty!!!
Media hype/news sensationalism!!
You had to know this lady and her family. She is a good person.
Has served LAPD and the public for 20+ years and done a great job!!! Look at the thanks she get's for it - you all have her condemmed already.
As far as LAPD - there are good and bad in every walk of life. She is a good one. Took her job seriously!!
The media has reported the facts! Nohting sensational. Just plain facts about the case. Please tell us what is sensational in what they have reported so far. She is not being charged for being a "nice person." She is being charged for murdering someone.
CQHHMOM

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jun 11, 2009
 
geronimo wrote:
Why do you assume she was a good cop all these years after the murder? Just because the cops say so? There are plenty of "good" cops who commit perjury who never are found out. After all, who is the judge or jury going to believe - a cop or a non-cop? A person who thinks nothing of murdering someone would likely think nothing of lying either. The question we should all be asking is, How many innocent people were convicted because this dirt-bag cop lied under oath?
She was a detective in art theft not a street cop.
it does not state how long she was a street cop for.
so what

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Jun 11, 2009
 
They have to handle women police different,they are more equal.
Holly Cusick

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Jun 30, 2009
 
The evidence is compelling. Detective Lazarus commited this crime. The incompetent and lazy LA police failed to solve this case when it was commited. Why? It was easier to focus blame on thieves who had assaulted another person during a burglary or home invasion. How bout justice for the murder victim? Do you believe that police don't commit crimes? Get real !
Holly Cusick

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Jun 30, 2009
 
Stupid lazy police want the crime on video tape!
Forget the police and solve the crime yourself!
Teresa

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Sep 7, 2013
 
My son was convicted of murder after a witness said he seen 3 black men with an afro shoot a man in a argument at a stop sign, my son was bold and is hispanic, guess what police station it was rampart my son got life, lets see if she gets the same, lapd is worst then any gang out there on the street,I feel bad for the few good cops that are left !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 33 min bannedagain3 18,569
New mad max movie? 1 hr MrCracka 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr cathyjudy 200,346
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr cathyjudy 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Twilight sun 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr Facts facts 15,927
Obama Parties With 'Scandal' Cast as Middle Eas... Sun MrCracka 2
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••