Peter

Claremont, CA

#82 Nov 12, 2009
Silvana wrote:
Paul,
You are the sick one, and seriously need to see an ophthalmologist.
Stop writing all this nonsense and let sleeping dogs lie. By the way, Mia had PLASTIC surgery, not cosmic surgery, unless you are trying assert once more that she does come from another world.
True, beauty is on the eyes of the beholder, but in this case you are completely off base. I don’t believe all that cosmetic work was done due to “competitive” reasons demanded by her anchorwoman job but due to a very poor self image and very poor judgment in the choices taken in that direction. To say that she’s better looking than most anchorwomen demonstrates how off-base you are and that you must live in another planet. At least the other females on TV look like decent human beings!
I represent a lot of people(men and women) of the same thinking regarding this ”pro-Mia followers” movement, and we feel that if you live in a similar world of fantasy and make believe, you are entitled to your opinion. After all, this is a free country.
Would you take a Volkswagen and change the front end with the face of a Mercedes Benz, and declare that you are driving a high end automobile? Of course not, and neither can you take a woman (or man) without the physical necessary attributes and “convert” them into fine human specimens. In this particular case, a female with the face of a monkey and a short body. Truly, dear, no insult intended.
Hopefully, this will clear up any of your misconceptions once and for all. And please, abstain yourself to bounce back with any direct personal insults; practice what you preach. This forum is for discussion only. Good luck.
Bravo! I couldn't have stated it better, myself.
Del

Perris, CA

#83 Nov 12, 2009
I watched Mia as often as I could and have always thought that she is a very lovely lady. I hope she will return to TV, as it would be a pleasure to see her again.
cheatedcitizen

United States

#84 Nov 12, 2009
Say it ain't so, she's my fave!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurastokes/3660...
Paul

Buena Park, CA

#85 Nov 13, 2009
Silvana,

My claim of "sick" was never directed at you personally but at some of the other unjustifiable, nasty attacks against Mia. However, contrary to your claim you don't want to get personal, you sure did it by calling ME 'sick.' You're not only inconsistent, you're arrogant as well to think your view, despite being in the majority, is the only proper one to take!

Whether Mia had plastic or just cosmetic surgery (or both) is irrelevant to the outcome unless you're one of the many prudes who seem to think news women are not allowed such enhancements. I would ask, Why not? After all, she was single.

That you are blind to the seductive attractiveness of Mia is your problem not ours despite whatever she might have had done. Before she married, there were hordes of men trying to date and/or marry her not JUST those who were sexually attracted to her because she flaunted her breasts. I stand by my claim of her beauty despite the bad period she went through many years ago.

Your psychological interpretation of her poor self-image is yours with no evidence to support it; there are many other reasons for having had breast implants besides a poor self-image, not the least of which may have been to attract other men which she did successfully and wound up with a catch other women would have been glad to acquire. So would you say that all women who have had breast implants are suffering from a poor self-image? I would hope you weren't that narrow-minded!

But I think I'm wasting my time in trying to change you and others about Mia. You all seem to me to be deeply prejudiced. Just do me a favor and look at some of her recent videos and photos and tell me you still think she is ugly!

Incidentally, she is not short for a woman (especially Asian) unless you think 5'6" is short!

Gadfly, Paul


Gia

United States

#86 Nov 13, 2009
Mia Lee looks like an anorexic ape with balloons attached to her...she's got long skinny arms and a twig for a body...she looks like she's been through
a fire and had surgery to put that mess back together...lordy lordy lordy! I guess all the Mia fans find skinny burn victim apes sexy?? hmmmm
booo

Dana Point, CA

#87 Nov 13, 2009
MIA's got nothing on.. Melissa Theuriau!
Jerry

Claremont, CA

#88 Nov 13, 2009
Paul wrote:
Silvana,
My claim of "sick" was never directed at you personally but at some of the other unjustifiable, nasty attacks against Mia. However, contrary to your claim you don't want to get personal, you sure did it by calling ME 'sick.' You're not only inconsistent, you're arrogant as well to think your view, despite being in the majority, is the only proper one to take!
Whether Mia had plastic or just cosmetic surgery (or both) is irrelevant to the outcome unless you're one of the many prudes who seem to think news women are not allowed such enhancements. I would ask, Why not? After all, she was single.
That you are blind to the seductive attractiveness of Mia is your problem not ours despite whatever she might have had done. Before she married, there were hordes of men trying to date and/or marry her not JUST those who were sexually attracted to her because she flaunted her breasts. I stand by my claim of her beauty despite the bad period she went through many years ago.
Your psychological interpretation of her poor self-image is yours with no evidence to support it; there are many other reasons for having had breast implants besides a poor self-image, not the least of which may have been to attract other men which she did successfully and wound up with a catch other women would have been glad to acquire. So would you say that all women who have had breast implants are suffering from a poor self-image? I would hope you weren't that narrow-minded!
But I think I'm wasting my time in trying to change you and others about Mia. You all seem to me to be deeply prejudiced. Just do me a favor and look at some of her recent videos and photos and tell me you still think she is ugly!
Incidentally, she is not short for a woman (especially Asian) unless you think 5'6" is short!
Gadfly, Paul
Hey Paul (Moyer?). I've looked at Mia's recent videos and photos. Her plastic face looks like it's partially melted; like a burn victim. Tell me you still think she's beautiful? Oh, wait a minute. You already did. Again and again.

Seriously, Paul. I would get my eyes checked if I were you.
Jerry

Claremont, CA

#89 Nov 13, 2009
booo wrote:
MIA's got nothing on.. Melissa Theuriau!
Googled Melissa Theuriau's name. She is very attractive! But try telling that to Paul of Inglewood and he would argue she's a dog compared to Mia. FYI Paul, did you noticed Melissa doesn't look like a burn victim?
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#90 Nov 18, 2009
to female in so cal - yes news should be professional BUT when has it ever been! most of the news is just b.s. "coming up next BIG BOOBS! but first pictures of a kitten and a chicken as friends. Jillian on good day la can say what she wants and I can put up with it because she loves animals. Paul from la makes a good point as well. Mia is a beautiful lady. Everyone who posts how messed up her face is should take a good long look at themselves and I am not just taking about in the mirror. if there was a law that kept people with big ears unable to work, obama would not be president. I really do not watch the news because it is all b.s. But when I do watch it is either to try and get proper info or to watch a news babe I like and Mia was one of them. So is Jackie Johnson, Sharon Tay, Suzanne Marquez, Gina Silva....oh they are all hot. bottom line Mia is hot so leave her alone!
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#91 Nov 18, 2009
P.S. can any of the Mia haters name the charities that Mia has done? Anyone? you hate her face but don't know anything else do you? The only reason I posted was to put some positive voice to how beautiful Mia is!
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#92 Nov 18, 2009
I was reading past posts and it seems the women hate Mia Lee because of how she looks and hate the men who think she is beautiful. The news is the news? really! Men only watch the news for hot women. REALLY! Wow I never thought about that. Can't speak for all the men here but YEAH! I watched Mia because she is hot! DUH! You think Mia looks bad. How do you look? What you said, you know who you are, are uglier on the inside than Hitler. I would never condemn anyone who opted for plastic surgery and would never spout ugliness either. So all you haters can place your hate on Mia when you really hate yourselves. All the news is absolute B.S.! anyway. You ladies, again, you know who you are, are hypocrites. You can say men are pigs BUT you wouldn't give a normal nice guy a chance BUT you would let a handsome guy treat you like shit just because he is hot! Go ahead call me an ugly pig I don't care because you are ugly and Mia is still beautiful. Mia read what was on the TelePrompTer just like every other news anchor. So if I need to hear B.S. news it might as well be from someone I think is hot.
News Fan

Claremont, CA

#93 Nov 18, 2009
Clark Woods wrote:
to female in so cal - yes news should be professional BUT when has it ever been! most of the news is just b.s. "coming up next BIG BOOBS! but first pictures of a kitten and a chicken as friends. Jillian on good day la can say what she wants and I can put up with it because she loves animals. Paul from la makes a good point as well. Mia is a beautiful lady. Everyone who posts how messed up her face is should take a good long look at themselves and I am not just taking about in the mirror. if there was a law that kept people with big ears unable to work, obama would not be president. I really do not watch the news because it is all b.s. But when I do watch it is either to try and get proper info or to watch a news babe I like and Mia was one of them. So is Jackie Johnson, Sharon Tay, Suzanne Marquez, Gina Silva....oh they are all hot. bottom line Mia is hot so leave her alone!
While I agree Jackie Johnson and Sharon Tay are definitely hot, I can't say the same about Mia. Mia USED to look hot, but now her face looks so freakish. Sorry Clark and Paul, but she DOES look like a burn victim.(Oh,I'm a man, btw, and I'm not the only man who thinks Mia face looks freakish and unnatural.)
News Fan

Claremont, CA

#94 Nov 18, 2009
Clark Woods wrote:
I was reading past posts and it seems the women hate Mia Lee because of how she looks and hate the men who think she is beautiful. The news is the news? really! Men only watch the news for hot women. REALLY! Wow I never thought about that. Can't speak for all the men here but YEAH! I watched Mia because she is hot! DUH! You think Mia looks bad. How do you look? What you said, you know who you are, are uglier on the inside than Hitler. I would never condemn anyone who opted for plastic surgery and would never spout ugliness either. So all you haters can place your hate on Mia when you really hate yourselves. All the news is absolute B.S.! anyway. You ladies, again, you know who you are, are hypocrites. You can say men are pigs BUT you wouldn't give a normal nice guy a chance BUT you would let a handsome guy treat you like shit just because he is hot! Go ahead call me an ugly pig I don't care because you are ugly and Mia is still beautiful. Mia read what was on the TelePrompTer just like every other news anchor. So if I need to hear B.S. news it might as well be from someone I think is hot.
Clark. You do make an EXCELLENT point about the hypocritical women out there. They aren't interested in nice, normal guys because, to them, we are boring and, at best, only average-looking. If a guy has money and/or movie-star looks, these same women allow themselves to be treated badly by these men. They like the "bad-boy" image because it's exciting to them. Then these same women and turn around and label men as pigs for lusting over attractive women and not exploring their "inner beauty". Hey, but we get the last laugh because as these women get older and don't find a man, they grow bitter and angry, and end up lonely. But I guess if they play their cards right, they get married and then get a nice divorce settlement once the marriage dissolves, once their husbands dump them for a younger and prettier woman. I guess it's akin to legalized prostitution.
Paul

United States

#95 Nov 18, 2009
Jerry & Silvana,

It is comforting to read at least one more reader realizes just how beautuful Mia Lee really was as a newscaster on Kcal9. She still has beautiful hair, still the same dimple, nose and flashing eyes with a slight Asian look. Besides, her popularity was more than skin deep.

Her critics, once again, are judging her by some bad judgments she may have made years ago and long since corrected. They also forget she is now older and a bit thinner than she was when she first came to Kcal9. I have recent photos and videos of her (they're available on various websites) where she was filled out a bit more and concluded there are few female newscasters more attractive than she.

To compare her to a "burn victim" is as cruel, unjust and erroneous as any comment I have yet read on this forum. Wise up, you critics, and keeep your prejudices to yourselves!

Paul (But not Paul Magers or Moyers or any other tv newscaster and I'm not from Inglewood, nor from L.A.)
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#96 Nov 19, 2009
Just thinking of past anchor women, remember Bree, she was the anchor with the deformed hands from childhood. She was beautiful. Did anyone say cruel things about her? I seem to remember a certain woman anchor who was let go because her looks were aging. Certain women get implants and get made at men who stare. I am not talking about implants for corrective or medical reasons. The truth is that if Mia had smaller breasts I would still think she is beautiful. Does anyone know how old Sharon Tay is? I think in her 40's. The truth is that certain Asian cultures women want the procedures to change there face to a more western look. The news should be the news but the truth is that in this society sex does sell. I think Christine Devine is a very attractive woman and even more so because of what she does. to the women - would you go to Johnny Depp movies if he was not the sexiest man alive? I think Angelina Jolie is hot BUT most of her movies are not, however the ones I liked her most in were ones where she downplayed her looks. Bottom line I still miss Mia and she was before and is after a beautiful woman.
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#97 Nov 19, 2009
Yeah it's me again. just wondering about all the people who said Mia looks like a burn victim, or a porn star, or chimp with lipstick...what does your face look like? do you feel alone? would any of you change something if you could? So all of you perfectly beautiful people can cast disparaging remarks if you want but know that one day you just may be on the receiving end. one day you may want to change something but the thing that needs changing is your inner self. me? call me what you want. call me a pig for thinking Mia is beautiful or say I need my eyes checked. As far as I can tell the Mia haters are mean in the posts and the Mia lovers are simply just saying they think Mia is hot.(some did say they didn't think she was hot politely) By the way, you want real news...well channel 9 is reporting on the NEW breast implants! NOW that is REAL news!!!!!!!!!
Paul

United States

#98 Nov 20, 2009
Clark,

I'm sympathetic with your comments. However, don't overdo them. We don't want to get into a shouting match with those who, for some strange motivation, continue to berate her appearance. You and I and many others know she is (was?) quite beautiful just as there are many other beautiful newscasters on t.v as you have mentioned.

I have recently noticed that other newscasters are now imitating Mia insofar as they are trying to make their news appearance mmore animated and personal.

Let me include part of a limerick I wrote to her some 2-3 years ago to sum up my impressions (though I got no response).

There is woman, whose name dare I speak,
Who brings mid-day news, through the week,
Her voice, her countenance, dare I say,
Makes one quite easily look her way.

With flowing hair and dimple to spare,
She sits erect and invites a stare,
Who could resist such a woman so fair,
Who leads married men to utter despair?

Your smile your laugh, your beautiful lips,
All add 'till one succombs and flips,
Over the busty woman of Kacal9,
Who, sadly, could never be mine.

Now that I have of myself made a fool,
Though I do not regret for you are a jewel.
Do not judge me harsly for, you see,
I'm just one to whose charms I yield, Ms.Lee.


Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#99 Nov 20, 2009
LOL! love the limerick. You are absolutely correct. I did get carried away. Bottom line I miss Mia.
Jerry

Claremont, CA

#100 Nov 21, 2009
Paul wrote:
Clark,
I'm sympathetic with your comments. However, don't overdo them. We don't want to get into a shouting match with those who, for some strange motivation, continue to berate her appearance. You and I and many others know she is (was?) quite beautiful just as there are many other beautiful newscasters on t.v as you have mentioned.
I have recently noticed that other newscasters are now imitating Mia insofar as they are trying to make their news appearance mmore animated and personal.
Let me include part of a limerick I wrote to her some 2-3 years ago to sum up my impressions (though I got no response).
There is woman, whose name dare I speak,
Who brings mid-day news, through the week,
Her voice, her countenance, dare I say,
Makes one quite easily look her way.
With flowing hair and dimple to spare,
She sits erect and invites a stare,
Who could resist such a woman so fair,
Who leads married men to utter despair?
Your smile your laugh, your beautiful lips,
All add 'till one succombs and flips,
Over the busty woman of Kacal9,
Who, sadly, could never be mine.
Now that I have of myself made a fool,
Though I do not regret for you are a jewel.
Do not judge me harsly for, you see,
I'm just one to whose charms I yield, Ms.Lee.
Good God! Sounds like stalker-talk to me! If I were Mia and read your poem, I would be scared shitless. And you're telling Clark Woods not to overdo the comments?

Tell me, Paul. Do actually have a shrine for Mia in your home? Are there pictures of her from publicity photos, magazines, newspapers, etc., wallpapered around your home? Or do you have just one wall that's fully plastered with pictures of Mia?

By refusing to notice or even acknowledge Mia's plastic surgery disaster (unlike the overwhelming majority of people who've contributed to this blog) in their affirmation of defending Mia's freakish face, I suspect your friends, Clark and "West Coast", have been sniffing too much glue and/or they need to see an ophthalmologist, as Silvana suggested. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, you take the cake. You not only need to see an ophthalmologist, you also need to be locked in a rubber room. You sound like a nut! I hope Mia Lee does see this blog and reads all of your posts for the sake of her own safety.

Thanks for confirming your credibility and your sanity (or should I say "insanity") to all of us. Please go get some professional help before it's too late.
SIlvana

Granada Hills, CA

#101 Nov 22, 2009
It’s amazing to watch how a forum that started out about the dismissal of Mia Lee from KCAL diversified into personal attacks amongst the contributors, far-fetched stories at what really happened, sexual innuendos from the male gallery and most amusingly, a most dedicated fan of this lady, defending her “beauty” above all odds. Yes, I’m referring to you Paul, who never concedes the obvious and defends her idol. There have been times when I almost believed you were Mia Lee herself defending her “beauty”, but your many inconsistencies and absurdities convinced us of the contrary. Jerry is absolutely correct: you better stop this nonsense before Mia Lee decides to take action and charges you with stalking her!

For those of you, who contend to watch the news only to admire the women in the show, please be aware that most educated, smart, well-informed people watch the news to obtain information of what’s going on in the world. If it’s titillation people seek, there are many other superior venues with very talented and professionally trained ecdysiasts to obtain such gratification, such as the X-rated shows. So people, let’s get back on focus.

Although it’s true that everyone has a right to his/her own opinion and this is a free country, there are also certain undeniable truths that are self evident to everyone such as: there’s light during daytime and there’s dark at night. Likewise, unfortunately, there’s no beauty in Ms. Lee; sleaziness and availability by the manner in which she presents herself, absolutely affirmative….but beauty??
I represent a large group of men and women both at work and my neighborhood who concur with every thought herein stated. This is not the product, as it has been claimed, of female jealousy or Victorian scruples. In fact, many of us girls are both well-endowed and attractive, and our men range in all ages and just love females. It just seems to be a sad sign of the times when our citizens mistake promiscuity with attractiveness…it extends in other areas of our lives, such as beauty pageants, dance contests, and even in choices we make that deprive us of our constitutional rights and freedom.
Let’s keep on track- please- and stick to the subject at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA woman arrested on charges of smuggling US sp... 36 min Guy from Latonia 1
LAUSD WELCOMES Kelly Gonads 17 hr nuvert 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow to Host Obama at DNC Dinner (Oct '14) 21 hr Bon Jovi 2
Slop your Hogs real good God!!! Sun aab 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Disturbed 20,923
Review: Los Angeles Kings Sat LOS ANGELES KINGS 1
east losa ngles mexican yor not wanted ..chech ... May 27 beach boys 1

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages