of 10
Next Last
Zach

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 11, 2009
jab

West Covina, CA

#2 Sep 21, 2009
word has it she joined barnum and bailey as the newest freak show. she had a face and body so extreme that she frequently appeared on bad plastic surgery sites.
the freakish look aside, she kept fumbling over her script. one of the very worst in local television news history.
hal fishman and jerry dunphy and even ann martin must be relieved.
James

Claremont, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2009
Please tell me this is not just a rumor. I'm hoping she's gone. Mia looked like some kind of space alien after her most recent plastic surgery disaster! It was so painful to watch her on the news, I had to switch the channel. Such a shame because once upon a time, she was pretty hot. Now her face is so distorted, she does look like a freak show! Good move by KCAL to remove Mia before she turned herself into the Lion Lady of New York City:

galleryoftheabsurd.com/2005/08/jocelyn_wilden...

To Jackie Johnson: PLEASE don't do a thing to yourself. You are totally hot and absolutely do not need plastic surgery.
Kyle

Claremont, CA

#4 Sep 21, 2009
See the "before and after" pictures of Mia Lee. It's shocking:
google.com/imgres...
Paul

Irvine, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2009
I'm quite flabergasted at the comments about Mia Lee in the above replies! Why is she being cruciied simply because she has had cosmetic surgery? How does this differ from celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Dolly Parton or a thousand other celebrities?

Granted, she did go through a phase a number of years ago that were not very complimentary to her but she long since passed that stage and is(was?) still one of the most beautiful women on t.v. as evidenced by the hordes of men trying to get a date with her; more than most other newscasters.

Is there some kind of diabolical conspiracy
against her? The before and after photos of her (yes,I've seen them)are partly because of her ageing and partly because of her getting too thin. Don't you (women) wish you could look as good as she does in your late 40s?

As far as her stumblinng over her lines, I didn't find that any more often than most other newscasters. What I liked most about her (other than her gorgeous bod) was her animated and spirited personality which showed up quite unlike the robot-like newscasters on kcal9 and ch.2.

Lastly, none of you gave me any imfo on what has happened to her or where she might be going. The rumor has it she is headed for KTLA.
West Coast

Endicott, NY

#6 Sep 22, 2009
Paul, I'll 2nd you. I think the comments come from two groups: a) Asians who think it's a crime to not stick with their culture's look; b) bitter women who wish they had the money and courage to do what she did.

She's amazingly attractive and brought an upbeat style to the newscast. I wonder if KCAL is happy with the ratings drop - I'm sure Dave Gonzalez and Sandra Mitchell are nice people - but I'd rather watch grass grow than watch them read the news...

And yes, she's alleged dating the old guy producer who left KCAL at the start of the year and went to KTLA.
Huh

Canyon Country, CA

#7 Sep 22, 2009
West Coast wrote:
She's amazingly attractive....
Ummm, ok...
Joan Rivers must be stunning. And Janet Reno, the face that launched 1000 ships.
Jerry

Rancho Mirage, CA

#8 Sep 26, 2009
West Coast wrote:
Paul, I'll 2nd you. I think the comments come from two groups: a) Asians who think it's a crime to not stick with their culture's look; b) bitter women who wish they had the money and courage to do what she did.
She's amazingly attractive and brought an upbeat style to the newscast. I wonder if KCAL is happy with the ratings drop - I'm sure Dave Gonzalez and Sandra Mitchell are nice people - but I'd rather watch grass grow than watch them read the news...
And yes, she's alleged dating the old guy producer who left KCAL at the start of the year and went to KTLA.
"West Coast", you and Paul should have your vision checked. You think she looks stunningly beautiful after her latest plastic surgery? Her face is so distorted now. It's actually painful to look at it. I thought plastic surgery was supposed to improve one's appearance? I feel sorry for her because she is obviously insecure about her looks. Good God, she USED to be so beautiful. Now she looks like a freak.
Huh

Canyon Country, CA

#9 Sep 27, 2009
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
"West Coast", you and Paul should have your vision checked. You think she looks stunningly beautiful after her latest plastic surgery? Her face is so distorted now. It's actually painful to look at it. I thought plastic surgery was supposed to improve one's appearance? I feel sorry for her because she is obviously insecure about her looks. Good God, she USED to be so beautiful. Now she looks like a freak.
Only two possible explanations:
-Too much alcohol
-Decreasing vision from old age
Mia Lee banger

Fairfield, CA

#10 Sep 28, 2009
you all are gay, those of you who are males! You can put those big tits on my tv any time of the day! She hasn't done any thing more freakish than the rest of these women! I hope I can continue to see her on ktla!
Jerry

Rancho Mirage, CA

#11 Sep 28, 2009
Mia Lee banger wrote:
you all are gay, those of you who are males! You can put those big tits on my tv any time of the day! She hasn't done any thing more freakish than the rest of these women! I hope I can continue to see her on ktla!
You are an idiot! We're not talking about her tits, dork! Pay attention! We're talking about the plastic surgery she'd done to her face! "Mia Lee Banger"...The only thing you probably bang is your right palm of your hand.
West Coast

New York, NY

#12 Oct 2, 2009
@Huh, please post a picture of any woman you've been with - that you haven't put money in an envelope for. She's very attractive. If she walked around any city in the world she'd get plenty of attention from guys.

@Jerry - breast augmentation is 'plastic surgery'- so we are talking about it. And sorry, she looks better - just not pure Asian anymore. And if you don't like her, no big deal. Same offer to Huh - let's see yours. I'm sure Mia would have a line of guys from here to Phoenix if she advertised tryouts to date her.
Beachbum

Redondo Beach, CA

#13 Oct 3, 2009
Whether she felt pressure in that business to have surgery or whatever, I always enjoyed seeing her every day. She is very bright and has a sexy laugh. She was at her best when she was on her own at the 3 o'clock show.

I know a lot of Asians that were offended that she was blond but I thought it was good branding and made here more interesting.

Kind of figured something was going to happen Last winter when kcal started bringing in new Asians to meet their obligatory "2 Asian Minimum". The new one's are boring.

I really think the anonymity of these forums make some people way too cruel.

I'm gonna miss her...
Clark Woods

Whittier, CA

#14 Oct 3, 2009
Leave Mia Lee alone. She is smokin' hot. No I do not need my eyes checked but you do. Funny Joan Rivers is mentioned (probably cause you think she is hot). Pam Anderson was much more attractive before all the plastic work but who really cares. Mia Lee is absolutely beautiful. I must add that Jackie Johnson is absolutely stunning as well. What do you Mia haters look like? Are you happy with the way you look? I am no looker and if I had money I probably would do some work. So if you don't like her looks then don't watch her and leave her alone. Oh and no other news people flub lines. Wow maybe all the Mia lovers should just pack up and leave so all the Mia haters can live in their perfect little world. Mia, if you read this, You ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Please come back soon. Miss your presence on TV.
knightoutofarmor

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 7, 2009
my erecto meter does not work since she left
Paul

Inglewood, CA

#16 Oct 7, 2009
Well, it's good to see we're finally getting some balance about Mia Lee and her presence on t.v. I find it hard to understand how she completely disappeared from t.v.(so far) from the prestigious position of anchor. I might have been able to understand a demotion (though I don't think she deserved that either) as happened to Leila on KTLA, but she seems totally gone and is not on KTLA either. I wrote her a congratulation card for her wedding and it came back to me "return to sender." That seems ominous. At any rate, I don't watch the mid-day news as much now that she is gone; there just are not as many attractive women, and in many ways, as was Mia.
Female in So Cal

Huntington Beach, CA

#17 Oct 8, 2009
Okay first off, as a young woman that has had a breast enlargement as well, I don't have any problems with plastic surgery. What I have a problem with is the news anchors in So. Cal. in general such as Mia Lee continuously flaunting their body. The news should be professional and not a sexual exploitation! I'm talking the ridiculous morning chicks on Good Day LA, Mia Lee and Jackie Johnson, etc. Yes most of these woman are very beautiful no argument, but the news should be professional! However, with Mia Lee her face is honestly messed up from one of her procedures, its scary to watch her even talk and I'm glad she's not on anymore, I can't concentrate on the news when I'm constantly wondering what the *(*(* happened to her face.
Paul

Fallbrook, CA

#18 Oct 9, 2009
To: Female in So.Ca.

You raise a good point regarding females flaunting their sexy bods during the news hour, or for other programs. However, I would prefer the news, so long as I'm going to watch the news at all, from a beautiful woman than one that is not.(This is from a male point of view of course. I'm sure, however, you would prefer the news from a handsome-looking man than from one less so!).

Regarding Mia's face, I see nothing wrong with it at all whatever she had done to it; it's beautiful.It is different but you critics keep forgetting that she has aged, is a bit thinner and is only trying to look her best, I assume, for competitive purposes.

She also brought to the news some of her personality (faux pas and all)to the news, was quite animated and exuberant at times which made her even more attractive compared to the robot-like female news providers we now have.

At tmes I suspect she simply may have been exploited by the station managers and encouraged to extoll her physical attributes (surely not unheard of in our culture) though I don't really know.

Ultimately, I find it hard to accept that she has simply disappeared, where to I have no idea. I had hope she would show up on some other t.v. network but that hasn't happened yet to my knowledge.

At any rate, I'd hate to think she was just for "show" on Kcal 9. that would have been a bit cruel snce it seems to me she had more to offer.

Perhaps she decided simply to be devoted to her marriage situation and nothing more though that's hard to believe. At any rate, if she reads this, I wish her well.

Paul

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#19 Oct 9, 2009
knightoutofarmor wrote:
my erecto meter does not work since she left
There's no way on God's green earth I'm going to reply to this one!
steve

Alhambra, CA

#20 Oct 9, 2009
I no longer watch kcal at 12pm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did God Intend For The Races To Be Separate? (Sep '12) 10 hr Jls 9
Mark Zuckerberg Is Building 'Oppressive' Wall: ... 14 hr Just Sayin 2
Romel Esmail & Bella Esmail Moore 16 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
Cops: Suspect Dumped Vile Slurry In Pool Mon David 1
Southern California Mega-Quake coming soon! Mon Pastor Mel 2
Triple the Fund Mon Back there 1
Country boy comics Alvin G on set of 'All eyes ... Jun 25 HollywoodFinest 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages