Asian-American leaders fear limits on family immigration

Jul 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Meeran Mahmud's eldest sister in Pakistan has waited years to join her family in the U.S. Though their mother applied to sponsor her three years ago, she'll have to wait another 11 years because of the growing immigration backlog for married children.

Comments
101 - 119 of 119 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Banned Video

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Aug 21, 2013
 
Skip the Huffingtonpost link. I think it has malware. Look at this instead.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/02/asian-girlz-day...

Free speech is more important than being P/C. Turns out those band members are closet racists and trendy metrosexual weaklings. Dorks...
Banned Video

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Aug 21, 2013
 
Banned Video wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe this video was banned?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Being made fun of/hazed as a group is a right of passage in America. It's a test to see if you are tough enough to fit into the great American fraternity.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/asia...
Nothing should be censored in America -free speech is what this country is all about. Laugh at the troll song and move on knowing nobody gets a pass.
Bump
Dubya Bush

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Aug 21, 2013
 
The illegals do a swell job on my ranch.
Banned Video

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Aug 21, 2013
 
Funny, the song had a nice melody to it -it could have been a hit if Days Avove Ground hadn't went over the top with all the racail stuff -they're prably not even racist -just ignorant. That song could have been the one hit wonder they retired on -oh well karma I guess.

They should remake the song by changing the lyrics -it would be no worse than David Bowies hit.

Lol

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Aug 21, 2013
 
Dubya Bush wrote:
The illegals do a swell job on my ranch.
You didn't do a swell job on my hamburger. Good thing I tossed it.
Lol

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Aug 21, 2013
 
Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese. Get it right next time junior. Sing if you have to so you remember... ;^)
Buzz

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Sep 1, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
there are 6+ BILLION people out there who are not citizens of the usa.
should we just allow everybody who wants to come do so without any regard to those who are already citizens?
I think the biggest question that should be addressed is - how many can the usa logically assimilate before the numbers destroy the country?
this is the question that the pro-illegals, and open border idiots will not answer.
frankly, as I see it, these people who are so concerned about leaving behind relatives in their "home" countries.. they should go back there. then, there won't be any worries about anybody being left behind. right?
Great Question!
Buzz

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Sep 1, 2013
 
To Buzz wrote:
I agree with you that current immigration has to be selective in America.
However, Asia nor Europe could create a America because of political instability and already competing powers for resources.
America was a blank slate that any invading nation could shape anyway it wanted. Also East Asia's geography is a lot harder on people than America's. Typhoons, flood control, it sounds as if you have not done any research on Asia.
Also, you're ignorant of what contributed to the greatness of America. Chinese built the railroads, Natives knew the best strains of agriculture to grow and best local medicines, so did the Blacks contribute to agricultural knowledge, and pretty much most forms of American music.
What exactly are you trying to prove or fight for? Cultural superiority? If so, what have you personally done to prove that point other than trolling around on the Asian American forum?
I understand that since I did not harp on it you did not get it.

You are correct that the New World was a blank slate with all the tribal societies likely to be overwhelmed by any nation state and even the nations here not up to what Europe did and China could have done.

But let's take a look.

There are 23 major Latin countries in this hemisphere and only 2 major Anglo countries. Which two are people desperate to move to?

Had China or any other Asian country created colonies or new countries here would people be flocking to them now?

The source of America greatness is not material things, nor immigrants, nor native Indians, nor music, nor railroads.
The source of American greatness is Liberty and the worth of individuals.

The British colonists had sufficient cultural capital to be able to say that they wanted to be treated with the Rights of Englishmen. With the Declaration of Independence, these native born British colonists put to writing and put their lives on the line to create a new nation for the purpose of protecting their Creator given inalienable rights. This is a nation CREATED by its sovereign citizens acting together.

The cultural capital they had inherited included religious freedom from Martin Luther with his "every man a priest" and the literacy that came from the interest in each of these "everyman" priests being able to read the Bible for himself (or herself). It included political freedom that started in England with the Magna Charta five hundred years earlier when the nobles held King John to put in writing that charter (in 35 copies) and included Oliver Cromwell and the Roundheads defeating the King and his cavaliers. When Cromwell as Lord Protector became too much, the English went out and found a German noble to come and be King of England. So much for the divine right of kings. The House of Commons became the seat of power, not the House of Lords. A relatively high degree of Economic freedom also came from the United Kingdom, more so than in the guild constrained or (more commonly) aristocratic feudal economies of most of Europe.

My point is that is almost a unique historical accident that America was founded by British colonists descended from the Pilgrims as the arch-type that were culturally capable of moving from the Rights of Englishmen to the Rights of Americans.

Who else could have created such a country? Perhaps the landlocked Swiss with their heritage of independence could have done a similar creation or perhaps the Dutch who had broken free of Spain with help from the English.

But who in Asia, Africa, or Latin America could have created such a country?

It is to the CREATORS of such a country that we should ascribe worth, not the people who flock to it because they CANNOT create such a country on their own.
To Buzz

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The creators have been dead for a long time. I agree that what makes America great is liberty and the worth of the individuals that make up America. So what color is a worthy person?

Your rant targets non-White immigrants and I disagree because European immigrants have been flocking to America b/c they could not create a America in their home country. The Irish and Italians in the 1800s, Serbians and Albanians currently. Remind you, Whites also immigrated to America during a time when their home country was not stable and worthy of being criticized.

Had China or any other Asian country created colonies or new countries here would people be flocking to them now?

This is Apples to oranges. China looked inward during European colonialism. And wow, all those European powers never set up mini-Americas across the world. How come all those other White European countries colonized but didn't create an America where they colonized?

What race of White is unworthy of America, and has flocked to America because they cannot create an America on their own?

To Buzz

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Sep 1, 2013
 
Instead of targeting race in your solution, just state that we need to be extremely selective on immigration.
Jeanene Douthitt

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Sep 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/k3aehrd
Party animal

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Sep 13, 2013
 
Only give hot girls amnesty.
vee hot

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Sep 13, 2013
 
This is a difficult issue. Illegals from India and the Philippines have surpassed those coming from Latin America. Passing stiffer immigration laws and less opportunities for the unskilled, illegals from Latin America decreased.almost 75% since 2008. Asian.Americans have successfully contributed tremendously to the fabric of American society. So therefore, Asian illegals seemed nonexistent or just simply wasn't news.

I happened to be dating a Filipino and Indian man at the same time. Both were deported. I now am pregnant and don't know which is the father. I knew I should not have my legs. I'm Visayan girl from the Philippines. It's in my blood.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

vee hot wrote:
This is a difficult issue. Illegals from India and the Philippines have surpassed those coming from Latin America. Passing stiffer immigration laws and less opportunities for the unskilled, illegals from Latin America decreased.almost 75% since 2008. Asian.Americans have successfully contributed tremendously to the fabric of American society. So therefore, Asian illegals seemed nonexistent or just simply wasn't news.
I happened to be dating a Filipino and Indian man at the same time. Both were deported. I now am pregnant and don't know which is the father. I knew I should not have my legs. I'm Visayan girl from the Philippines. It's in my blood.
it's not a difficult issue.

it's really simple.

you are either illegal or legal.

that's it in a nutshell. it shouldn't be an issue of race.

if you are illegal, YOU should go back to your home country. it is not the responsibility of the usa to support you.
To Vee Hot

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Sep 14, 2013
 
"I happened to be dating a Filipino and Indian man at the same time. Both were deported. I now am pregnant and don't know which is the father. I knew I should not have my legs. I'm Visayan girl from the Philippines. It's in my blood."

Good luck rasing your kid, better get it aborted. And I hope you don't qualify for any WIC, food stamps or government aid. Dumb people like you don't deserve to have children.
Buzzcut

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Sep 20, 2013
 
To Buzz wrote:
The creators have been dead for a long time. I agree that what makes America great is liberty and the worth of the individuals that make up America. So what color is a worthy person?
Your rant targets non-White immigrants and I disagree because European immigrants have been flocking to America b/c they could not create a America in their home country. The Irish and Italians in the 1800s, Serbians and Albanians currently. Remind you, Whites also immigrated to America during a time when their home country was not stable and worthy of being criticized.
Had China or any other Asian country created colonies or new countries here would people be flocking to them now?
This is Apples to oranges. China looked inward during European colonialism. And wow, all those European powers never set up mini-Americas across the world. How come all those other White European countries colonized but didn't create an America where they colonized?
What race of White is unworthy of America, and has flocked to America because they cannot create an America on their own?
It was not a rant it was the truth that you could not recognize because you are hung up on race. Where did I mention race?

You are the one who mentioned race.

Let's try again.

The founding fathers were able to create a Garden of Eden of Liberty because they had SUFFICIENT cultural capital to do so because they came from an Anglo Saxon and Protestant heritage.

They were mostly white but there were some blacks who had come from Africa to England before moving to America.

There were some Jews and Catholics as well and the founding fathers did want even Muslims and Hindus to be free to worship here.

When you look at a so called white American today you are looking at an assimilated American in general (some exceptions) but for the most part they are called white because they are NO LONGER HYPENATED AMERICANS as ITALIAN - Americans, IRISH-Americans, GERMAN-Americans, etc. It took DECADES, but they are mostly ASSIMILATED Americans, at least the majority of them.

The VALUES of Americans are at their core Anglo Saxon and Protestant. However they are OPEN to ALL! You do NOT have to be either Anglo Saxon or Protestant to hold them or enjoy their benefits. Every ASSIMILATED American has ASSIMILATED to those values REGARDLESS of their race, national origin, sex, color, or religion. Most Catholics and Jews and some Muslims are able to assimilate to American values without a problem. Asians in the past have assimilated well in general, though that is becoming less true today.

Quite frankly the whole concept of Asian-American is RACIST. An Asian-American is a HYPENATED American from
Asia who considers himself Asian first and American second if at all (and looks down on the predominantly white Americans he sees that were nice enough to allow him to emigrate here). If that Asian-American were back in Asia he would be a Korean or Japanese or Chinese, etc. and gladly slice the throat of any Asian NOT of his own Nationality. Coming to America as a HYPENATED American he should I reality be a Korean-American, Japanese-American, etc.
Where did his original Nationality go that he has become a RACE DEFINED and THUS RACIST Asian American?

I will certainly concur with you that we should be very selective on immigration.

I would only take immigrants if it will NOT Hurt existing Americans which at the current time with 20 -30 million unemployed is not possible, except if we price immigration to the point that even the unemployed Americans acknowledge a benefit.

As far as other European countries setting up colonies, most of them did. France, Holland, Spain, Portugal all set up colonies and later the Germans and Italians did as well. For the most part none of these colonies has done as well as the English colonies did.
Buzzcut

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Sep 20, 2013
 
Were I to take your sorry butt and kick it out of the USA at gunpoint for 4-5 generations to make you appreciate what you were given in being allowed to come here, where the hell would you go?

If America is out, what are the next ten most desirable countries?

Let's hear where you would take your ungrateful posterior and be responsible for your posterity.

And let's add WHY to the WHERE as well.

I am eager to hear your response.
Buzzcut

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Sep 20, 2013
 
To Buzz wrote:
The creators have been dead for a long time. I agree that what makes America great is liberty and the worth of the individuals that make up America. So what color is a worthy person?
Your rant targets non-White immigrants and I disagree because European immigrants have been flocking to America b/c they could not create a America in their home country. The Irish and Italians in the 1800s, Serbians and Albanians currently. Remind you, Whites also immigrated to America during a time when their home country was not stable and worthy of being criticized.
Had China or any other Asian country created colonies or new countries here would people be flocking to them now?
This is Apples to oranges. China looked inward during European colonialism. And wow, all those European powers never set up mini-Americas across the world. How come all those other White European countries colonized but didn't create an America where they colonized?
What race of White is unworthy of America, and has flocked to America because they cannot create an America on their own?
You missed it again didn't you?
vee hot

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Sep 22, 2013
 
Well the debate over immigration issues will forever linger. Limiting the entrance of individuals who have family that are US citizens should be highly favored. Perhaps clamping down on Hispanic illegals has prompted lawmakers not to pass laws catering to one ethnic group. Meanwhile, among the Asian sub-groups why do Chinese men have embarrassingly small penises and repulsively unattractive? It's like making love to a toothpick. I always heard of the rumor but it was validated when I was dating one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••