Son of retired pastor shot dead dropp...

Son of retired pastor shot dead dropping family members off in ...

There are 102 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Son of retired pastor shot dead dropping family members off in .... In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Puncho Eteuati, 32, of Hawthorne was shot about 10:30 p.m. Sunday as he stood on the sidewalk in the 1300 block of Ronan Avenue, talking to his relatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Gun Control

Irvine, CA

#1 Aug 31, 2009
are the gun control laws working? Answer NO! Because gangsters dont care about gun control laws.
Sounds like a good man. Unfortunatetly in compton if you look at someone and they take it the wrong way the're gonna shoot....

Kids now your daddy is gonna be your Guardian Angel...
Auelua fam

Moreno Valley, CA

#3 Aug 31, 2009
To our dearest sis Chanell and family,
Our hearts and prayers go out to your families at this tragic time in your lives. We ask why did this happen but unfortunately there is no answer. Chanell, your angel is watching over you now. Our condolensense to you on the passing of your beloved husband. May our Father above comfort and heal you sis and please know that you and the family are in our prayers. Rest in luv Puncho...you will forever be missed.
With love and respect,
Brynner & Desi Auelua
sad day in wilmington

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Ok there were a few things lost here. First, family lost a memeber, which is never good. Second, kids lost someone they counted on. Then of all things in SAFE Wilmington. It makes you think about going outside with your kids. Because some Jacka#$ with nothing better to do other than come by and shoot you. The LAPD needs start doing something to these damn thugs who are to lazy to work or whatever. Between the millions of child molesters in California and gang memebers, California needs to get their head of their a@#. Yes you politicians sitting on your high horses.

To all of you Cholos, losers, gangbangers, thugs, and dipsh)%s, need to go find a target range or hell buy one!
sad day in wilmington

Seattle, WA

#6 Aug 31, 2009
Tick
Long Beach, CA
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#4 16 min ago
Auelua fam wrote:
Our hearts and prayers go out to your families at this tragic time in your lives. We ask why did this happen but unfortunately there is no answer. Chanell, your angel is watching over you now. Our condolensense to you on the passing of your beloved husband. May our Father above comfort and heal you sis and please know that you and the family are in our prayers. Rest in luv Puncho...you will forever be missed.
With love and respect,
Brynner & Desi Auelua
I'm warning you people now, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO MOURN! I'll give you a pass on this one but believe me, others won't.

Get out of here before it starts.

Sorry for the loss.

Ok! first off who the hell are ytou God, i think not. It is ignorant Fu#$s like you out there shooting people. IF you were really sorry you would not have posted this crap on here. So stick the sympathy UP YOURS. Even tick sounds like a gay gang members name.
LBC Lifer

Cerritos, CA

#7 Aug 31, 2009
sad day in wilmington wrote:
Tick
Long Beach, CA
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#4 16 min ago
Auelua fam wrote:
With love and respect,
Brynner & Desi Auelua
I'm warning you people now, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO MOURN! I'll give you a pass on this one but believe me, others won't.
Get out of here before it starts.
Sorry for the loss.
Ok! first off who the hell are ytou God, i think not. It is ignorant ****#$s like you out there shooting people. IF you were really sorry you would not have posted this crap on here. So stick the sympathy UP YOURS. Even tick sounds like a gay gang members name.
See Tick, I never pays to be nice to 'them'...
Lesson learned?

btw, that was dripping sarcasm...
Resides in Compton

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2009
Gun Control wrote:
are the gun control laws working? Answer NO! Because gangsters dont care about gun control laws.
Sounds like a good man. Unfortunatetly in compton if you look at someone and they take it the wrong way the're gonna shoot....
I am a resident of Compton and people should not believe the videos and hype. There are hard working families that live in Compton. You can be in any city and someone looks at you and they may shoot you. This is a tragic lost to his family and community, may he rest in peace.
filipo

Waipahu, HI

#10 Sep 1, 2009
You will always be missed and loved by many! You have touched so many lives with your kindness and caring***I will never ever forget what you have done for me and my family. I will always love you and your family for everything you have done in the past and in the present. I hope you save a seat up there for me... "Gone too soon"... God only takes the BEST"
May you rest in peace brother.

LOVE YOU***
Malocchio

Agoura Hills, CA

#11 Sep 1, 2009
Eteuati was a truck driver until a few years ago, when he was injured. Despite the injury, he remained positive.

A 32-year-old man "retired" from truck driving while he was in his 20s. How was he supporting himself and his wife? Was he selling drugs? These are uncomfortable questions but the police will be asking them as they seek to solve this sad crime.
Malocchio

Agoura Hills, CA

#12 Sep 1, 2009
Puncho Eteuati

3/12/98: Driving with suspended license, guilty.
12/3/01: Driving with suspended license, guilty.
7/5/02: Driving with suspended license, guilty.

No violent crimes or criminal activity in Los Angeles County. But these persistent problems with his driver's license make me question the "retired truck driver" story.
Malocchio

United States

#13 Sep 1, 2009
No federal criminal cases.
smh

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Sep 1, 2009
Malocchio wrote:
You are pathetic!
smh

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Sep 1, 2009
Gun Control wrote:
Read and be all you can be. This happened in WILMINGTON not COMPTON.
smh

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 1, 2009
Malocchio wrote:
Puncho Eteuati
No violent crimes or criminal activity in Los Angeles County. But these persistent problems with his driver's license make me question the "retired truck driver" story.
What has this to do with this man being murdered in front of children?
StayAtHomeSucka

Whittier, CA

#17 Sep 1, 2009
Malocchio wrote:
Puncho Eteuati
L0$3R
StayAtHomeSucka

Whittier, CA

#18 Sep 1, 2009
Malocchio wrote:
L0$3R
StayAtHomeSucka

Whittier, CA

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Malocchio wrote:
Eteuati was a truck driver until a few years ago, when he was injured. Despite the injury, he remained positive.
A 32-year-old man "retired" from truck driving while he was in his 20s. How was he supporting himself and his wife? Was he selling drugs? These are uncomfortable questions but the police will be asking them as they seek to solve this sad crime.
L0$3R.
& i'm referring to the person who posted these comments, not the man who was killed.
cptyouthmember

Compton, CA

#22 Sep 1, 2009
we love and miss you so much uncle puncho
you will be missed
save us a spot up there
ur ina better place now
rest easy uncle
Compton youth member

Compton, CA

#23 Sep 1, 2009
he did nothing wrong.why would someone do something like this to him.he was out for the young people and stood up for our youth.i pray that God will be with our family & friends.Puncho Eteuati is our youth leader at First Samoan Full Gospel Pentecoastal Church in Compton."Temple of Salvation"to anyone who knows about this shooting please do contact the officers. We just don't understand why someone would do this.Puncho Eteuati, You will forever be in our hearts and whoever did , i hope you know how much it hurts to have a love one taken away from you. what you sow is what you will reap. and to all our family members: i love you all and stay strong.God is with us, we should be happy that Puncho is now in a much better place.that's the place we are all aiming for.
lolo90

Compton, CA

#24 Sep 1, 2009
to malocchio..you need to be quiet and take that somewhere else.he was a good person.he didnt sell drugs or nothing unless your sorry self.go do something with your life and let the man rest in peace you dumb crap!!!!!1
fellow Eteuati

United States

#25 Sep 1, 2009
To everyone with the negative comments. God Bless You!..that's what Puncho would have said to all of you. Puncho was a beloved member of our family and it hurts to see what people are capable of typing during such a difficult time for our family. If you people with the negatives knew Puncho, you wouldn't think of saying some of the stuff your saying about him. I guess you negative folks didn't have the priviledge of knowing this young man. R.I.P Puncho! Ia Manuia lou malaga uso.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 26 min SSSSSATAN 4,546
News Eight arrested in Reseda kidnapping (Jul '08) 3 hr Love you rich 37
News 'Not My President': Protesters Rail Against Don... (Nov '16) 20 hr Got it azz backwards 175
Johnny Depp Tue Trump Eats Babies 17
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 17 observer 20,964
News Thousands march in L.A. for impeachment of Trum... Jul 17 Jaimie 6
News Preliminary Injunction Granted Against White Fe... (Feb '08) Jul 16 Fuzzy 70

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages