LAPD: Officers shot Pacoima man to death after he pointed fake gun ...

Full story: LA Daily News 69
A 35-year-old man pointed a fake handgun at police officers at least three times in Pacoima last week before they fatally shot him, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bowback

Menifee, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2010
good. the world is already a tiny bit better. got to thin out the herd one way or another.
wHaT iF

Glendale, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
bowback wrote:
good. the world is already a tiny bit better. got to thin out the herd one way or another.
I hear ya...
Sick of it

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
His name was "Luciano Reyes". LOL.
UR not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 Jul 22, 2010
Why did they shoot so many rounds?The first shot should have ended the incident.
Oscar

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jul 22, 2010
Fake or real gun. Kill the creep. I like a story with a Happy Ending.
USMCSFV

Lynwood, CA

#9 Jul 22, 2010
From what has been uncovered thus far, it appears that the LAPD was justified in this shooting. I am however appalled to see so many racist comments. I'm a proud Mexican-American from the San Fernando Valley who served in the United States Marine Corps. I fought and protected my country and I get sick to see racist idiots living in the country I fought to protect. Luciano Reyes was obviously wrong in this case, but how many times have we heard of this happening with men of different races. No one ever jumps to say, "Thank God another inbred honkey is dead!" In no case is it ever okay to boast on killing someone or taking someone’s life. My brothers come tired and bothered from combat, even though they were killing the enemy. It isn't an easy thing to do and we never boast. Those of you who think it is that easy or find life expendable, I hope you meet our maker soon.
Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#10 Jul 22, 2010
Hoped all the officers fired. One less person in the world.
Got it now

AOL

#11 Jul 22, 2010
This happened last week and the Daily News is just reporting it. Change the name to Weeky News or Weakly News
USMCSFV

Lynwood, CA

#12 Jul 22, 2010
Casual Male wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. If they had balls, they would put their superman suits on and walk right up to the guy with a gun and take it from him! If the suspect shoots at them, they can catch the bullet in their teeth.
IDIOT!
If he rose his gun multiple times after being shot already, the LAPD should have considered that the man may have wanted to commit "suicide by cop." The LAPD was justified in this case but Luciano's life may have been sparred if the LAPD could have processed the fact that nothing was being fired out of his fake weapon. Still, I don't blame the LAPD in this situation, I'm sure the officers that took his life are not proud to take his life. Its something they have to do, not look forward to do. People who would protest this shooting also have a valid point since the LAPD has had incidents of excessive force, police brutality, and in few cases even murder.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jul 22, 2010
Another 'Darwin Award' winner.....
Mary

Paramount, CA

#16 Jul 22, 2010
USMCSFV wrote:
From what has been uncovered thus far, it appears that the LAPD was justified in this shooting. I am however appalled to see so many racist comments. I'm a proud Mexican-American from the San Fernando Valley who served in the United States Marine Corps. I fought and protected my country and I get sick to see racist idiots living in the country I fought to protect. Luciano Reyes was obviously wrong in this case, but how many times have we heard of this happening with men of different races. No one ever jumps to say, "Thank God another inbred honkey is dead!" In no case is it ever okay to boast on killing someone or taking someone’s life. My brothers come tired and bothered from combat, even though they were killing the enemy. It isn't an easy thing to do and we never boast. Those of you who think it is that easy or find life expendable, I hope you meet our maker soon.
Here!Here!
davidozone

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 22, 2010
They laid it on him,almost 30 rounds fired,in all he took almost 18,most while dead on the ground.You talk about a frenzy,once one pig shoots,all others join in.Lets see we have a dying man,bleeding to death,and 13 more pigs come and join the one sided "gunfight" to add injury to insult.Probably closed off the entire neahborhood into "lockdown".I believe they are leaving out the part where he said "I have a fake gun".
John Pelligrini

Winnetka, CA

#18 Jul 22, 2010
I pray these officers aren't white, the F _ _ KING ACLU will be all over them, and I'm positive Pres.Obama will sue them for racial profiling.
Wiley Coyote

Camarillo, CA

#19 Jul 22, 2010
Never start a gun fight with a fake gun.
Unknown

Riverside, CA

#20 Jul 22, 2010
OohRah
USMCSFV wrote:
mexico losangeles

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 22, 2010
poor reyes didet he no not to play with fake guns.
RDS

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jul 22, 2010
You guys are clearly missing the big picture. This guy wanted to get shot.

Suicide by cop. Plain and simple. You don't wave a fake gun at police THREE TIMES after you've been shot at the first time and not expect to get shot at again.

Darwin award goes to all you losers.
Wondering

Sylmar, CA

#23 Jul 22, 2010
USMCSFV wrote:
<quoted text>
If he rose his gun multiple times after being shot already, the LAPD should have considered that the man may have wanted to commit "suicide by cop." The LAPD was justified in this case but Luciano's life may have been sparred if the LAPD could have processed the fact that nothing was being fired out of his fake weapon. Still, I don't blame the LAPD in this situation, I'm sure the officers that took his life are not proud to take his life. Its something they have to do, not look forward to do. People who would protest this shooting also have a valid point since the LAPD has had incidents of excessive force, police brutality, and in few cases even murder.
You sound like someone who couldn't get into LAPD. Don't Monday morning quarterback. I wasn't there nor were you. People protest the Marines all the time as quite a few of you have been sent to the brig for every violent crime on the books. Until you walk in LAPD shoes...S T F U.
Andre Enrique Cantu

United States

#25 Jul 22, 2010
Welcome to Caca...I mean Paca.
Andre Enrique Cantu

United States

#27 Jul 22, 2010
USMCSFV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah its too bad you werent there then things would have turned out so much better. They could have used an Internet marine. Reyes would have ben crapping his pantalones in admiration of you. OOH RAH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What am I considered racially in America? Am I ... 4 hr Nobody 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
FBI suspects serial bank robber Gregory Cross i... Wed Jason 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... Wed Here Is One 3
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) Wed Redneck 3
Anyone Get Kilt By Your Santa Anar Winds (Dec '11) Wed Redneck 5
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life Wed raidersaint 1

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match