Fatal accident ties up westbound 10 Freeway

Full story: LA Daily News

A motorist was killed this morning when a car crashed into a Caltrans water tanker on the westbound San Bernardino Freeway at the 605 Freeway in El Monte, says California Highway Patrol Officer Anthony Martin.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated May 5, 2014
Verizon Employee

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Hmmm. My guess would be that a person who would crash into a bright orange state government vehicle, was asleep behind the wheel.
ROBIN - Ondreas Mother

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

I think the driver of this car is/was a friend of my daughter, Jennifer. Our hearts go out to the family.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Josh words cannot express how I feel right now, thank you for being my friend when I felt like I didn't have any. You will be so missed by many. I love you Joshua........RIP I'll see you later friend.
Christopher Ramirez

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

The man that passed away on the freeway today was my girlfriends brother. His hame was Josh Ruiz. He was a good person, had a big hart, and he was always there for u when u needed him. He a hard worker and had no kids.
anonymous

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

my prayer go out to family , Josh RIP you will be
always in my memories.
Roert Parra

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Why is it that the Authotities are ignoring the diiance of the vehicular publics abuse of the vision laws.if you ever ride in rode a fairly new car that has the plastic covers over te headlights you'd see what I'm talking abou. The lens is faded and the light is distoted to the point that you are not able to read the street signs a dark . Let alone a pedestrian wearing dark clothing, or even a bike rider. Is this why so many hit &run accident are hapening now? I feel ther shoud be some sort of review of the situations of this sernario, Do You?
CO-WORKER

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

i am deeply saddened with the loss of RUIZ....he was a co-worker of mine....i never really got to know him but i did work with him when i did overtime on his unit....and from what i saw he was confident in himself and what he did....when you work in a profession such as ours a loss like this is equal to a loss of a family member of your own...R.I.P. man....you will always be our brother and in our memories......
jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

josh was such a great guy. still can't believe that he's gone. he was soo giving in his time and compassion. he always made people feel like they can do anything and whatever you were going through, you always had him as a friend. he always listened and always gave you comfort and advice. i will miss him so much and even though i haven't seen him in a while, i will never forget his laugh and his smile and his friendship...RIP josh..til we meet again "peace n love"
T_Yanez

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Josh, I didn't have the courage to speak @ your wake on friday, but I wanted to say that you were one of my better friends during my time @RIO (4 classes together). You were always the coolest/nicest/honest/fearless guy I knew; and yes, I did have a crush on you! A true friend! I'm never going to forget the time you came to my house to look at my mustang(mine had the better engine, but yours was always nicer, by-the-way). Anyway, I'm starting to get teary-eyed, thank you for standing up for me when hugo put me down (you were my hero that day)& for everything you shared and taught me. Know that I will miss you & will never forget you. I'll see you again someday.
Post Script- The world needs more Josh Ruiz's
Lou Noriega

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Josh, you were such a cool guy, and I hate for you to have to go so young, you will be missed.
old friend

Lake Oswego, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

it seem like yesterday. josh was always smiling, i remember this 9th grader in PE. couldn't stop talking joking, and soon after became good friends trought out high school. much love jj ruiz.
Gorge

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Verizon Employee wrote:
Hmmm. My guess would be that a person who would crash into a bright orange state government vehicle, was asleep behind the wheel.
It's been years but I stumbled on this today and wanted to reply. He had been working all sorts of shifts at a prison. And also job searching. There were other things going in his life and he was tired you're right. But the way you said it, the tone about it almost sounded judgmental.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE