Red

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 11, 2013
A St. Louis woman has pleaded not guilty to federal charges that she opened and stole packages while working as a supervisor at a southwestern Illinois post office.

Forty-one-year-old Jane Johanna Emily, who's also known as Jane Moeller, entered the plea this week to charges of obstruction of mail, theft of U.S. mail by a postal employee, and opening of mail.

A magistrate judge assigned the St. Louis woman to be represented by a public defender.

A federal indictment alleges that Emily opened and stole mail packages last March and April while she was a supervisor at the East St. Louis post office.

Emily is free on bond.

The federal public defender's office in East St. Louis did not immediately return a call seeking comment on Friday.

www.stltoda.com
Red

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 11, 2013

WASHINGTON The U.S. Postal Service said Friday it lost $5 billion over the past year, and postal officials again urged Congress to pass legislation to help the beleaguered agency solve its financial woes.

In a positive sign, the loss was a fraction of the record $15.9 billion the Postal Service reported losing last year. But it was still the agency's seventh straight annual loss and came despite its first growth in revenue since 2008

www.stltoday.com
Dan Salazar

AOL

#3 Dec 11, 2013
Of course, it is broke. Like with every Union job, the Pension Tsunami Killed it.
Mortgage broker babe

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 12, 2013
They're not broke. They just need to refinance.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#5 Dec 14, 2013
It's time to advertise for a bid to take over the USPS by either UPS or FED-EX , who knows how to manage mail and package delivery the right way. Just this week, I was in the post office mailing small packages and the line was out the door BUT there was two (2) people watching the single counter person try to handle the crowd. Put these slugs on the street and let someone who knows how to handle parcels do the job. Their unions created this mindset, let them pay their members bills !!! Do I hear an amen???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dodgers GM lies Fri wondring 3
Los Angeles commercial demolition services (Jul '08) Thu Paul Bear 2
Review: MI Windows and Doors (Apr '09) Thu KGR 110
Rename Griffith Park to Villaraigosa Park? Wed La Merced Dude 6
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Dec 17 Jim Jones 19,549
Do you use self storage? (Feb '11) Dec 16 Go Blue Forever 31
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]