Subway unlikely to be completed: Letters for Tuesday, Nov. 2

Full story: LA Daily News 16
Re "Westside Subway moving forward" : I hope this subway gets completed, unlike the last subway project for the San Fernando Valley. Full Story

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Nov 2, 2010
Attorney General Eric Holder says the federal government will withhold funding from states that do not enforce federal drug laws. Then, our attorney general sues Arizona to make them stop enforcing federal law - on immigration. What's wrong with this picture?

- BILL MERRIMAN

Tujunga
++++++++++

The state and fed are controlled by Democrats, aka 'Keystone Kops'???
Scott Johnson

Santa Monica, CA

#2 Nov 2, 2010
Gatto Truthers at work on Election Day.

This bit of Gatto Trutherism from the Glendale News-Press Mailbag.

“It’s best to stop lies before they spread”

John Kerry lost the presidential election in 2004 because he did not promptly react to the slanders of the Swift Boaters, who somehow twisted things to make it sound like a war hero who had served his country honorably was a coward.

In today’s environment of hyper-fast communications and lies that can circle the globe at the speed of light, only a fool of a politician would ignore the lies and slanders of a website whose sole purpose appears to twist the truth for partisan politicians it supports (“Website removes claims about Gatto,” Oct. 28).

Mike Gatto has started a long-delayed push-back against the compulsive liars who pretend to be journalists. Good for him.

Caro Avanessian

Glendale

Then this retort.

Scott Johnson at 11:55 AM November 01, 2010

In response to Caro Avanessian’s assertion that Assemblyman Mike Gatto is correct in his “push-back against the compulsive liars who pretend to be journalists”? Show me the lies.

Was it a lie that Mike Gatto register the Domain “dealondrugs.net”? I think not.

Was it a lie that Mike Gatto worked on the behalf of Big Insurance, as a lawyer with the O’Melvany & Meyers Law Firm? Try again.

Was it a lie that Mike Gatto was a consultant with La Colectiva while working as former Los Angeles City Councilman Nick Pacheco Campaign’s Finance Maneger? Geez, no lie there.

Does your letter to the editor resemble this from the Burbank Blogger http://burbankblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/sinki... ? Sounds similar to me.

I can show you the mistake that I retracted at Mayor Sam http://mayorsam.blogspot.com/search/label/May... , but where are the lies?

By the way in the spirit of educating the 43rd Assembly District Voters, you can read the pertainent Assemblyman Mike Gatto post at http://semichorus.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/he...

Sincerely,

Scott Johnson at Mayor Sam

** Tuesday Update: We hear that the District Attorney is ready to launch an investigation into Gatto's residency.
Driver

Modesto, CA

#3 Nov 2, 2010
Trains are a HUGE waste of taxpayer's money! This money should be going to electric vehicles and double decker freeways.
no gatto

Burbank, CA

#4 Nov 2, 2010
To CARO AVANESSIAN

Do you really want to vote for a politician who sends out postcards to those with Hispanic last names stating that if you vote (no it didn't say vote for me) take the stub and the postcard to Krispy Kreme donuts and get a free dozen donuts? Isn't that "buying" votes? Isn't that illegal?
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#5 Nov 2, 2010
no gatto wrote:
To CARO AVANESSIAN
Do you really want to vote for a politician who sends out postcards to those with Hispanic last names stating that if you vote (no it didn't say vote for me) take the stub and the postcard to Krispy Kreme donuts and get a free dozen donuts? Isn't that "buying" votes? Isn't that illegal?
Not at all anglo! He is just trying to help feed poor people.
Phil

Bremerton, WA

#6 Nov 2, 2010
Here is what Councilman Alarcon doesn't want you to understand when he quotes these numbers. Total employment in Los Angeles County is 4.57 million people. Those 141,400 workers in the motion picture industry represent only 3% of the area work force. They are not even in the top ten industries in terms of the number of employees.
LA County's GDP is around $500 billion, making the quoted $15.4 billion contribution from the film industry a paltry 3% of the county's economic output.
The film iindustry is a chimera. They have a very large public profile, but are in fact a very minor part of what makes this region wealthy. Councilman Alarcon has fallen for the film industries propaganda, and is probably reliant on their money for his political campaigns. He is not, however, being honest with the public.
The big three in terms of employment and contribution to local GDP are "Retail Trade", "Manufacturing" (each employs over 400,000 people) and a catagory called "Trade, Transportation and Utilities" which employs over 800,000 in LA County alone. These economic powerhouses dwarf the film industry in terms of employment and their contribution to our economic might. The county rightly recognizes what side our collective bread is buttered on.
My data is from the Cal EDD website.
Alcalde Villar

Sherman Oaks, CA

#7 Nov 2, 2010
Valley People are you happy! A Westside subway to the sea, it may even actually go to LAX, not stop 2 miles away (dont ask me why it did not go there in the 1st place! be happy to live in a diverse city) ANyway, Valley people of Encino, Canoga Park, etc. pay your taxes we need a subway, the Valley tried to seceed so you get a bus line & immigrant hiring centers...& Traffic....my amigos in East LA a new subway AND a bus line..they need it you are wealthy jueros......adios Suckahs!

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text> Not at all anglo! He is just trying to help feed poor people. I was furst in line, amigo!
Weren't they hiring today at Home Depot?

Maybe because it's election day???
Juanito

Westminster, CA

#9 Nov 2, 2010
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't they hiring today at Home Depot?
Maybe because it's election day???
Joto! Brush your teeth vato. Your breath smells like sperm.
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#10 Nov 3, 2010
Alcalde Villar wrote:
Valley People are you happy! A Westside subway to the sea, it may even actually go to LAX, not stop 2 miles away (dont ask me why it did not go there in the 1st place! be happy to live in a diverse city) ANyway, Valley people of Encino, Canoga Park, etc. pay your taxes we need a subway, the Valley tried to seceed so you get a bus line & immigrant hiring centers...& Traffic....my amigos in East LA a new subway AND a bus line..they need it you are wealthy jueros......adios Suckahs!
HaHaHa!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Nov 3, 2010
Juanito wrote:
<quoted text>
Joto! Brush your teeth vato. Your breath smells like sperm.
There ya go again,
always trying to get close to another man.

I told you, "Homey don't play that!"

Now, why don't you and your La Raza buddies
play a game of 'circle jerk'???

You only have women to procreate,
while your real preference is man-meat.
Ascot

San Dimas, CA

#12 Nov 3, 2010
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again,
always trying to get close to another man.
I told you, "Homey don't play that!"
Now, why don't you and your La Raza buddies
play a game of 'circle jerk'???
You only have women to procreate,
while your real preference is man-meat.
How do you know this?
Yep

Modesto, CA

#13 Nov 4, 2010
Driver wrote:
Trains are a HUGE waste of taxpayer's money! This money should be going to electric vehicles and double decker freeways.
Who the hell needs trains in LA? Thousands could die with just one minor earthquake driven tunnel collapse! This is just another stinking taxpayer rip off meant to stuff some corrupt politician's pocket.

Rio Rancho, NM

#14 Nov 4, 2010
Ascot wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
From the pubic hairs on your lips.....

.....Try again, Chewie.....LOL!!
buddy

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 4, 2010
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
<quoted text>
From the pubic hairs on your lips.....
.....Try again, Chewie.....LOL!!
Poor ol phagggg Shaman. New Mexico's answer to San Francisco.
Annoyed Taxpayer

Modesto, CA

#16 Nov 5, 2010
Yep wrote:
<quoted text> Who the hell needs trains in LA? Thousands could die with just one minor earthquake driven tunnel collapse! This is just another stinking taxpayer rip off meant to stuff some corrupt politician's pocket.
Amen to that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama helps raise campaign cash for Democrats a... Oct 18 the Light 8
In Santa Monica, Obama chastises GOP on immigra... Oct 13 barefoot2626 38
Archer School for Girls Expansion Plans Oct 11 Atticus 1
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a slew of celebr... Oct 10 ThenObamaLandGrab... 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Oct 10 ProtestAgainstOba... 2
Obama raising money in California for Democrats Oct 10 ObamaProtestSetFo... 1
Gwyneth Paltrow gushes over Barack Obama: 'You'... Oct 10 ThenObamaLandGrabsLA 1

Westwood News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match

Westwood Jobs

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]