Transit sales tax increase a winner

Transit sales tax increase a winner

There are 2 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Transit sales tax increase a winner. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Barely crossing the threshold required to pass, Measure R climbed its way to victory Wednesday, with 67.4 percent of taxpayers approving the half-percent sales tax increase - a coup for Los Angeles Mayor ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Unbelieveable

Manhattan Beach, CA

#1 Nov 6, 2008
While I've been told by those "in the know" that the Absentee Ballots won't be finished until after Friday, the idea that one of the highest sales taxes in the nation has been raised another 1/2 cent is amazing.

Los Angeles County will become one of the most expensive places to live. This is not good for the elderly and the poor, the very people this is "supposed" to help. The people it will help is the public employee unions, who will make more money to make more donations to politicians like Villagrossa.

Amazing
No LAX

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 7, 2008
What a waste of money! More LAX air traffic from the valley!!! DUMB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taylor Swift Stuns In Bodycon Dress At Weinstei... (Nov '13) Fri Taylor Fan 3
Review: Christopher Baker Staffing (Nov '09) Jul 16 Charlie 15
News LGBT activists say the fight doesn't end at mar... Jul 13 WasteWater 11
News Long Beach Celebrates Marriage Equality with Ra... Jul 6 Goose 12
News Review: ClassPass free trial in West Los Angeles Jun '15 FitnessGal 1
News Downtown Daytona to get a Hamburger Mary's Jun '15 neal259 1
News Santa Monica Pier, Marina Del Rey Beaches Ranke... Jun '15 John Doe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westwood Mortgages