Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,873)

Showing posts 177,441 - 177,460 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like when marriage defined the wife as property of the husband? Like that "distinct" relationship?! I love when fundies try and rewrite history in order to justify their agendas!!!
<quoted text>
Doubtful, but even if, so what? Historical context is irrelevant. It always will be. You have no argument.
<quoted text>
More importantly, that potential has never been a necessity.
<quoted text>
BBBZZZZZTTTTTT. Utter bullshyt alert. If marriage needed protection, then those arguing for your side would be able to demonstrate what it needs protection from. To date they have been completely unable to do that.
Your creepy obsession with gay people's sex needs no comment.
<quoted text>
Courts dont' recognize your manufactured and ridiculous "essence of marriage". Courts are only interested in the law. And the courts find no compelling reason to continue to discriminate against gay people. Sucks for you.
<quoted text>
You've pointed out ONE distinction. That gay people won't be capable of producing a child without outside assistance. That distinction is completely irrelevant to the states, since marriage has no procreation requirement.
The fact that you are completely unable to grasp this reality isn't our problem, it's yours child.
<quoted text>
There is absolutely nothing in your nonsense that terrifies us. You are completely insignificant. Your refusal to acknowledge our marriages means diddly squat, because you are nothing more than a pimple on the face of humanity.
10 years ago there were no states that would recognize our marriages. Today there are 13 states, the Disctrict of Columbia, and 17 foreign countries that recognize our marriages as the same as yours. And those numbers will continue to grow, very quickly. The state bans will very soon be overturned as unconstitutional (watch Pennsylvania very close in the coming months sweetiepie!!!). The only one terrified....is you!!!!
The states, and the federal government will NEVER recognize your made up essences, your imaginary link to humanities existence and future, or your mutual sterility!!!! Ha ha ha ha haha ha!!!! Stupid KiMare!!!
Umm......Shuddup.
OK?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You hate it, liar.
I didn't see that post. Does he purport that gays have given us every invention? Every medical breakthrough? If not, give him some time.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply deny the marriages of fundamentalists. They serve no purpose to humanity, and their mutually duplicated religious sterility is a mutation of humanity!
I see that you're still ignoring graybox posts, except when they support your position.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I have often thought that the only way to show them what it is they are doing is to deny their right to marry.
However, two wrongs done make a right, so I have not gone there and I donít actually want that to happen.
But it would drive the point home.
...And their right to religion.
...And their right to the Constitution.
...And their rights to have differing opinions.
When will you decree that we must all wear blue shirts, you fascist?
Big D

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, giggles... You don't get it. YOUR marriage doesn't live up to our standards. See, if you look at all of the time, effort, and money we've spent on getting the rights and protections that you take for granted, then you'll clearly see that you fall short of how we define marriage.
I think if YOU take a good look at your OWN inadequate marriage, maybe you'll see that the LGBT community has brought back a little bit of class and respect to the institution.
Do you use condoms when you pack the fudge of your partner, or is there a sense of trust and you go deep bareback?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out who said that it was a "equirmnt".
I think that he's all bleezle droop aye....

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage didn't measure up, why are you trying to impose an imposter relationship on it instead of establishing your own identity?
Your counter is only an idiotic exposure of the inner sense of inadequacy that homosexuality struggles with.
I keep trying to get you to see that self acceptance can only be established from a fearless honesty from within.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, giggles... You don't get it. YOUR marriage doesn't live up to our standards. See, if you look at all of the time, effort, and money we've spent on getting the rights and protections that you take for granted, then you'll clearly see that you fall short of how we define marriage.
I think if YOU take a good look at your OWN inadequate marriage, maybe you'll see that the LGBT community has brought back a little bit of class and respect to the institution.
Now you are joining the other girls in being just silly stupid.

You don't know MY marriage. Your words are meaningless dribble.

Here is what we do know;

Homosexuals are expecting heterosexual marriage to shift them from constantly failed relationships to stability. You aren't bring class, you trying to establish class on the backs of women and children.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only remind people that it is not a requirement whenever they bring up the ability to have children as any kind of reason to not allow same sex marriage.
Donít worry, they donít mention procreation with respect to being able to marry, and neither will I.
When you used it, I reminded you, if you donít like being reminded, try not forgetting that it is not now nor ever has been a requirement.
I donít take orders from you and will say what I like, when I like :)
While telling other posters that they are not allowed to post facts, right? Seig Heil!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's one of the main reasons marriage was invented. It's foolish to argue otherwise.
And it's dishonest to say someone said something they didn't.
That's never stopped him...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm......Shuddup.
OK?
Joanie Baloney needs to switch to decaf.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you're still ignoring graybox posts, except when they support your position.
Joanie Baloney lies.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

The judge-it rigging faerie is very busy this evening!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever post your own name? I doubt it, that would take some bravery. Not likely, from a chicken-shyte like you...
I'm also not the person copying and pasting from his own piece of crap blog while denigrating other people in a public form.

If he's going to copy and paste his own sh!tty material, from his own sh!itty blog, he should be painfully aware that ONE SINGLE copy and paste into Google will reveal everything about his sh!tty life.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I just threw up in my mouth to that b.s. All you're looking for is some kind of acceptance.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are meaningless dribble.
Said the Topix troll whose words (dba as opinions) are completely irrelevant and meaningless to my legal civil marriage.

Troll on, Hunty.

Oh yeah, I condensed your post. You're delusion self thinks that everything that flows from your finger-tips to the internet is pure gold. It's not, Sweet Pea. It doesn't bear repeating, which is why I condense it. You call it "censoring", I call it trimming the fat.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>I just threw up in my mouth to that b.s. All you're looking for is some kind of acceptance.
We have all the respect and acceptance we need from friends and family. We ask for nothing from you, and we expect it in abundance.

I have a legal, federally recognized marriage and your blessing, or lack thereof, isn't needed.

Just like Kimare, your opinions have no bearing on my life.
Bucket

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

It's not over complicated, the Supreme Court said the "prop8" supporters to go pound sand.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I thought that you were "250 lbs of mean and angry fa**ot".
2) Do you live in the same town?
3) His anonymity has been compromised, by one of your lot, and you've not told your boy to stop doing that.. For shame.
1.) I can be mean and angry. But for the most part I'm a very passive and laid back guy. He has nothing to worry about.

2.) I live in Knoxville. He lives in Greeneville, about an hour's drive away.

3.) His anonymity was compromised by himself when he started cutting and pasting from his own, public blog. I don't know that any of my "lot" exposed him. A good amount of the stuff he posts here is so suspect that it's only reasonable to Google the crap that he says to see where it comes from.

4.) If he were the pastor he claims to be, seems to me that he'd be only too happy to sit down with a "reprobate" (his name for me). That's what pastors do. Besides, he has no problems letting his feelings be known on here. Half of TOPIX knows where he lives at this point. He's obviously not afraid of being confronted for his opinions and comments.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>I just threw up in my mouth to that b.s. All you're looking for is some kind of acceptance.
Dear, I just list the facts. If you threw up in your mouth, it's because you know it's true.

You guys have made a mockery of marriage.

People who have had to fight for it; people who have had to wait decades to have their relationships legally recognized; those are the people who TRULY appreciate its importance.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage didn't measure up, why are you trying to impose an imposter relationship on it instead of establishing your own identity?
Your counter is only an idiotic exposure of the inner sense of inadequacy that homosexuality struggles with.
I keep trying to get you to see that self acceptance can only be established from a fearless honesty from within.
<quoted text>
Now you are joining the other girls in being just silly stupid.
You don't know MY marriage. Your words are meaningless dribble.
Here is what we do know;
Homosexuals are expecting heterosexual marriage to shift them from constantly failed relationships to stability. You aren't bring class, you trying to establish class on the backs of women and children.
First off, gay men don't do anything on the backs of women (Or children for that matter).

I do know your marriage. I know everything about your marriage. It's no different than any other bigot's marriage.

You think it's special and unique. Hardly...

You guys are a dime a dozen. But you're becoming fewer and fewer. In 1960, nearly 60% of adults age 18 to 29 were married. Today, that number is 20%.

I guess you're not so special after all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,441 - 177,460 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westwood Discussions

Search the Westwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr lug heads 7,298
Dump sewage from your RV, go to jail (Sep '10) Mon Chacon-holics 6
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Rihanna Nude Photo Shoot: What's Next? Apr 13 Rihanna 3
Rihanna exposes naked derriere for racy photo s... Apr 11 WOW 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Apr 11 Acme Pest Control 15,652
•••
•••

Westwood News Video

•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••