Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201963 Jul 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
He was talking about another person's legal marriage?
Can you prove that this is the "tyranny" he was referring to?
The tyranny of secure and protected children!
The tyranny of happy and productive families!
The tyranny of elderly living a secure retirement!
The tyranny of youth looking toward a successfulfuture!
SUCH Tyranny!!!
Relax fruitloops.
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#201964 Jul 12, 2013
Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the voters in California, voted for the ban on same sex marriage.
Then some liberal, left wing judge, from the 9th Circuit Court decides to strike it down.
Wrong - Wrong - Wrong. GOD IS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
Edith agrees.
Atta boy Arch, now tell that dumb hippy Meat Head to get a job.
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#201966 Jul 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.
You're pickin' trade up on the street like that. That's nowhere. I mean, you gotta get yourself some kind of management. You need my friend O'Daniel. He operates the biggest stable in town, in fact, in the whole god-damned Metropolitan area. It's stupid, a stud like you paying. You don't want to be stupid.
Bowed

Monrovia, CA

#201975 Jul 12, 2013
Frankie are you going to get the same box of rocks you get every Xmas?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#201977 Jul 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you would have to explain how another person's marriage could be deemed "tyranny", since it harms no one and helps the families involved.
If harms no one, then expand marriage even further. No harm....right?
Looking at the definitions of the word, there isn't a single one that seems to apply to gay people seeking the SAME right to legally marry that other couples already enjoy.
Now, gay people have been fighting tyranny themselves, by every definition of the word. And we are finally beating it.
Gay people ALREADY HAVE THE SAME RIGHT to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states. Seems dishonest to claim otherwise.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#201978 Jul 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You can paint a turd gold, but it's still a turd. This is the case with your post.
The fields of psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology have determined that homosexuality is not a disorder and not a deviant behavior. And here you are, using terminology from these fields to try to convince us that homosexuality presents a danger to humanity.
Please... Give us a break.
You're an armchair, wanna-be clinician--at best.
Here's a clue... Check out the fact that there are over 7 BILLION people on the planet. Homosexuality has done nothing to negatively impact the "propagation, diversity, and health of future generations..."
Love it.

In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?

Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.

Smile.
laughing man

UK

#201986 Jul 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just they are the first to scream "We are a republic not a democracy" ( because their name is republican and their opponents are democrats ) but come an issue like this and they seem to forget all that and scream we are a nation of mob rule.
You switch which issue you are discussing and they get amnesia
Funny how your post reads, because libtards seem to always shout about "democracy" and FOR mob rule. This time the wishy-washy shit cultists have changed their tunes.

No surprise, though. Shit cultists have no moral center, no actual foundation they operate from. to destroy Civilization is all they want. Anarchists and analists.
LongShots

Monrovia, CA

#201988 Jul 12, 2013
Maybe the Mormons and Muslims can go off to another country like Islamizes like or someone like that.

Prop. 8 backers make long-shot bid to stop same-sex marriage in California.
laughing man

UK

#201995 Jul 12, 2013
very damned useless wrote:
<quoted text>
You can paint a turd gold, but it's still a turd.
Your whole Movement, in one nice compact line.

Puns intended.
OnTheBeach

Monrovia, CA

#201996 Jul 12, 2013
Andy Kessler, a super-wealthy former hedge fund manager.

Seriously believes that if people like his 16-year-old son would stop volunteering at homeless shelters, homelessness would disappear.

Like go away?

Hitler did something like that too.

Glendora, California city council and city staff in city hall believe the same things as Andy Kessler too. In fact they have passed ordinance's to make it a crime to be poor in Glendora, California.

Just ask:

Deborah Neal

Joseph Santoro

Judy Nelson

Karen Davis

Deborah Wilson

Gene Murabito

Douglas Tessitor

Jeff Kugel

Jeff Jeffers

Some of these people listed are member's of the Glendkirk Church what are they teaching them?
Common Man Watch

UK

#201999 Jul 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, gay people have been fighting tyranny themselves, by every definition of the word. And we are finally beating it.
You'll never stop being an imbecile, will you? How are you "beating it"?
UpLooks

Monrovia, CA

#202001 Jul 12, 2013
Rocky's looking for you Frankie.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202004 Jul 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.
Smile.
We don't know what causes gravity either, but we accept it as normal.

Your move, my perineum...
laughing man

UK

#202006 Jul 12, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it hasn't. It has to depend upon the sellout SCROTUS and those fry cooks to enforce any recognition from us, at all.... While it tries to sell us the idea that "more Americans support SSM"...
If they weren't so intellectually dishonest, or simply all-out stupid, then they'd say "we have the support of the Common Man".

They're trying to polish a turd.
laughing man

UK

#202008 Jul 12, 2013
very much a waste wrote:
<quoted text> my perineum...
Isn't that the soft spot on your head Brucie kept pounding before Pappy had the Trotskys?
laughing man

UK

#202014 Jul 12, 2013
Mash those smilies, you weak limp wristed shitferbrains.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202020 Jul 12, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
<quoted text>
Atta boy Arch, now tell that dumb hippy Meat Head to get a job.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202021 Jul 12, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pickin' trade up on the street like that. That's nowhere. I mean, you gotta get yourself some kind of management. You need my friend O'Daniel. He operates the biggest stable in town, in fact, in the whole god-damned Metropolitan area. It's stupid, a stud like you paying. You don't want to be stupid.
Where've you been? I know where you've been. 42nd Street, that's where you've been.
laughing man

UK

#202030 Jul 12, 2013
Have any of you seen the story of the painfully obvious Affirmative Action government employee who "confirmed" the pilots names of that plane crash at SFO? And they're trying to deflect scorn and ridicule by injecting their typical libtarded idiocy: "The fake names were racially charged and phonetically offensive."

That whole culture of liberal stupid is what the bung cultists are claiming is the majority that approves of them.

I'm still laughing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/ntsb-kt...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202031 Jul 12, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops! I smell contradiction....
According to Jizzy I got f'ed up from agent orange when I wasn't in Vietnam and that's why I'm wrong. Or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Mickey Rourke leaves his shirt unbuttoned flash... Sep 17 jillymayr 2
Beverly Hills Shuns Bike Paths in Resisting Tra... Sep 14 Roger Edgar 7
Northeast El Paso man arrested in fatal I-10 ac... Aug 24 L Morales 3
•••

Westwood News Video

•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westwood People Search