Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Fundamentalist Watch

UK

#202247 Jul 13, 2013
Some people are born to win, and others are condemned to sit in the intestinal pew.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202248 Jul 13, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of straight folks don't like the idea of marriage, but we don't deny others the right to marry because if their opinions.
The nice thing is that even the naysayers can change their minds and marry at some point if their circumstances and beliefs change, or they can choose never to marry. Their choice, not mine, yours, or society's.
California is a done deal, and every marriage there is recognized by the federal government. That's not going to change.
It's about time you learned to accept it.
Marriage and ss couples are clearly distinct relationships. Not equal.

Imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will not gain you respect. It will simply garnish scorn.
Buds your

Monrovia, CA

#202251 Jul 13, 2013
http://glo.msn.com/relationships/11-ways-you-... #!stackState=5__%2Frelationshi ps%2F11-ways-you-may-be-sabota ging-your-marriage-9426.galler y
laughing man

UK

#202254 Jul 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've eaten hamburgers that are more successful than he is ...
Dang!
laughing man

UK

#202259 Jul 13, 2013
Well, it's about time! I was wondering when Reverend Caligula was gonna start mashing the smilie buttons.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202277 Jul 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage and ss couples are clearly distinct relationships. Not equal.
Imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will not gain you respect. It will simply garnish scorn.
It will "garnish scorn"? That's priceless!

Equality is in the eye of the beholder.

We don't really care what YOU think is equal.
Whip It Good

Monrovia, CA

#202288 Jul 13, 2013
Public trash, Judge clears Conway of all charges, dismisses DA's case against ex-COG chief.

Should have revoked his bail and sweated the truth out of him.

White collar criminal trash.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202289 Jul 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's first address that part of the Constitution that even mentions definition of marriage. Find that for me, would you?
Then, let's analyze their meanings and intentions, shall we? Then, we'll address the part that states that a SCOTUS decision can overrule the part of the document that empowers them to act, at all. The part that says that SCOTUS can nullify any part of the C they they find....inconvenient.
Problem is that the C doesn't have any provision for "interpretation" of hard coded items.
The Constitution doesn't mention many, many things. It doesn't mention cars, computers, or jets. And yet aspects of each one of these items can be argued before the Supreme Court.

Marriage of interracial couples was argued before the Supreme Court. Polygamy was argued before the Supreme Court. And now Same-Sex Marriage has been argued before the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court has not nullified anything that exists in the Constitution--at least not with the Proposition 8 case or the DOMA case.

Amendments have been made to the Constitution. These amendments were added according to the process provided by the original Constitution.

Based on the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Fifth Amendment, Section 3 of DOMA was found to be Unconstitutional. This allows married Same-Sex couples to qualify for Federal Benefits in those states that currently (or in the future) recognizes Same-Sex marriage.

Now I realize that this flies in your face. You don't like it. But your only recourse is to start your own movement, find your own attorneys, fight your own court cases and eventually bring your own arguments before the Supreme Court. Good luck with that.
Insurance

Monrovia, CA

#202297 Jul 13, 2013
Must have been a good MOU that was passed around now wasn't it? Correction is taking place now inside Glendora, California city Hall.

Glendora, California - times..

Ken Herman was a well known fibber and altered the truth, he hated children and women, both of which he publically attacked.

Gene Murabito need I say more this poor example of
moral decay, a used wipe clone of Ken Herman.

Now the mess is starting all over again with the Rail Condo's across the street from the Post Office at Ada and Glendora Avenue.

Still the Bankruptcy sale of the Gangi Walk Up Condo's were so funny to see, a big banner hung across the South facing side of the project. It faced the Bank of America building on Vermont Avenue.

Losers got there money didn't they?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202302 Jul 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you back? Making more ineffectual noise? We are going to "play" in any way that we see fit. It isn't only our side being disappeared, it's both sides.
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
Spiddlers 2ed

Monrovia, CA

#202308 Jul 13, 2013
Don't ya just love it?

Sorry Charlie the deed his done and you and your kind are toast. Just cheap noise like what comes from Gene Murabito and Douglas Tessitor, now Joseph Santoro what following the law means.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202325 Jul 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you noticed. Once someone has established themselves as an online KKKristian I stop reading their posts so I would not have noticed that they have been removed. Thank you for bringing to all our attention that reporting abusive posts gets them removed.
If you homophobic closet cases can't play nice then obviously you are not going to play at all.
Does that apply to (Schutz Staffeinel) SSecularists too?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202327 Jul 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution doesn't mention many, many things. It doesn't mention cars, computers, or jets. And yet aspects of each one of these items can be argued before the Supreme Court.
Marriage of interracial couples was argued before the Supreme Court. Polygamy was argued before the Supreme Court. And now Same-Sex Marriage has been argued before the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court has not nullified anything that exists in the Constitution--at least not with the Proposition 8 case or the DOMA case.
Amendments have been made to the Constitution. These amendments were added according to the process provided by the original Constitution.
Based on the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Fifth Amendment, Section 3 of DOMA was found to be Unconstitutional. This allows married Same-Sex couples to qualify for Federal Benefits in those states that currently (or in the future) recognizes Same-Sex marriage.
Now I realize that this flies in your face. You don't like it. But your only recourse is to start your own movement, find your own attorneys, fight your own court cases and eventually bring your own arguments before the Supreme Court. Good luck with that.
If the federal marriage amendment, defining marriage as a union of one man and one woman, only, to the constitution, would that make the constitution unconstitutional?
Yahoooeders

Monrovia, CA

#202332 Jul 13, 2013
Enter a new California bill, AB1333 this will require local governments to review all roll over contracts or EverGreen contracts.

So long (crooked) Athens Services, or some might call them as Toxic to local city governments.

Special thanks for the likes of Gary and Linda Clifford - special events are always planned.
Voodoo times

Monrovia, CA

#202337 Jul 13, 2013
Flanders hasn't been sentenced.
Volumes

Monrovia, CA

#202340 Jul 13, 2013
Drought sprinklers - sprays on you!
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#202342 Jul 13, 2013
This comment is for Reverend Alan,

I do not know if you are talking about my comments or not, but if you are, that is OK because I am protected by God and His Holy Word. Nobody can offend me when I am quoting Scripture because I am not the writer of the Scriptures. My only hope is that people will find the Truth in Studying the Scriptures and set them Free. Everyone has sinned and has fallen short of the Glory of God and we all come to God the same way. The Catholics do not have a edge on Christianity like alot of people think. For most of them, their God is the Pope and not to say that the Pope is probably a very good person, but he is no better than anyone else and we ALL have to come to Christ the same way. The Church has been so tossed around that people of today do not even know the meaning. The word Church means "Called Out", so for those who accept Christ as their personal Savior or Lord of their Lives, they are part of a body of believers whoever they may be and they make up the word "Church-Called Out". My husband and I of 55 years have been Studying the Word of God since we were first married and that is what has kept our marriage together because we both have Christ in our lives and we put Christ First and then we can get along like God intended us to do in the first place...I started writing in this forum for about 2 weeks now and it has been more than a disappointment in my opinion. That is OK though because it would not prevent me from continue to write from time to time to get opinions and try to share what the Holy Spirit has taught me personally. I quoted a verse of which I have not seen put on this forum as yet, so I may be discriminated against, not sure, but that is OK too, but I quote from the New Testment in the Book of I Corinthians Chapter 1 Verses 12-14 and I quote: "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which thngs also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the "NATURAL MAN RECEIVETH NOT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD; FOR THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS UNTO HIM NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM, BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED." If you are not a Christian, I would suggest that you Study the Scriptures fully, for you will have a new Awakening when you do. May God help you with this and you will have Eternal Life when you accept God's sacrifice of Jesus (Yeshua), for he will forgive you for no matter what sin you have committed. Amen & Amen
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#202343 Jul 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no. I didn't. You may not realize this, but, unlike yer family, not everyone drinks and drives. And, LOL, my future is assured. You see, a$$-clown, I always rise to the top of any arena into which I step. You should be so lucky... I was born to win, and you were born to envy me. Pity for you, it must suck to be you, but I'm not you, so your pain is something to which I am indifferent.
Oh good, you're everything I could hope for, a....consumerist. Princess, don't you have something to go buy? I mean, you go girl, you be as aggressive as you want to be...as a matter fact. I've known people like you, although I could never prove it, I've always suspected them of eating their children.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#202345 Jul 13, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Shitstain is flexing its limp wrist tonight.
I be skeered.
If I were you..yea, You're much too ignorant to hold a conversation.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#202346 Jul 13, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing I'm here for, Reverend Caligula, is to slap you around.
Never forget that.
And You're a victim of a$$holism..never forget that either. Stalking on line and hate speech?...you go pappy..What's that IP again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite bans, Selfie Stick alive and well Apr 7 Alice Pattinson 1
News People confirms Bruce Jenner 'transitioning int... Apr '15 concerned American 36
News Carlton Gebbia implies Kyle Richards doesn't se... (Mar '14) Mar '15 Frank Lee 3
News Venice Shooting: Adam Pacheco, 31. (Oct '08) Mar '15 whynot1645 22
News 10 Best Pizza Restaurants in Los Angeles Feb '15 William Walker 1
News Avoid these high-traffic areas while President ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ObamaInLAToGrabLand 1
News Magnitude-4.4 quake rattles Southern California (Mar '14) Mar '14 El Guapo 9
More from around the web

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]