Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189432 Apr 19, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Atta boy Frankie, 11 hours of posting non stop stupidity. You need to get a life.
Like yours? Hell no! No thanks. Got my own and I like it. Glad that bothers you "sugar nipples".

Remember when you used to call me sugar nipples Jizzy? What happened?
Figured out it was stupid?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189433 Apr 19, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Atta boy Frankie, 11 hours of posting non stop stupidity. You need to get a life.
Jizzy stops by and with an air of superiority, adds his stupidity.

You can't make this stuff up! I love this thread.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189434 Apr 19, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey giblets for brains, is this the only topix thread? Nope, there are numerous ones. I suspect you have seen them and offered your limited wisdom in a few. You probably masturbate furiously waiting for someone to reply to your drivel. Just be sure you clean up afterwards. You wouldn't want your mommy slipping in your spooge when she brings your milk & cookies down to the basement.
BTW, I'm glad you finally got the courage to admit that you're gay.
ROFLMAO!!! Look at you, now. Street fighting it, like some of us others...
:-D You go, buddy!

...Loving it.....LOL
WOW

Evansville, IN

#189435 Apr 19, 2013
GAYS SICK PERIOD!I DONT THINK THAT JUDGE KNOWS WHAT HE HAS DONE AGAINST MARRIAGE.

Lampasas, TX

#189437 Apr 19, 2013
Fhudcjji cvpfv
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189438 Apr 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This time, stupid, take notes.
What you are saying is like saying everybody had the right to marry someone of the same race before Loving v VA. The problem was the "same race" is different for people of different races, so there was an equal rights issue.
And the "opposite sex" is different for people of different genders, so we have an equal right issue.
Listen up,$hyte-for-br@ins. Loving V Virginia was not a gender-based argument. Never was, never will be. Got it? Here, look...."Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967), was a landmark civil rights decision of the United States Supreme Court which invalidated laws prohibiting interracial marriage."

Does it mention gender? NO!!!

"Bloomberg Law

Citation. 388 U.S. 1, 87 S. Ct. 1817, 18 L. Ed. 2d 1010, 1967 U.S. 1082.

Brief Fact Summary. The state of Virginia enacted laws making it a felony for a white person to intermarry with a black person or the reverse. The constitutionality of the statutes was called into question.

Synopsis of Rule of Law. Restricting the freedom to marry solely on the basis of race violates the central meaning of the Equal Protection Clause.
Content
Facts. The state of Virginia enacted laws making it a felony for a white person to intermarry with a black person or a black person to intermarry with a white person. The Supreme Court of Appeals of Virginia held that the statutes served the legitimate state purpose of preserving the “racial integrity” of its citizens. The State argued that because its miscegenation statutes punished both white and black participants in an interracial marriage equally, they cannot be said to constitute invidious discrimination based on race and, therefore, the statutes commanded mere rational basis review.

Issue. Was rational basis the proper standard of review by which to evaluate the constitutionality of the statutes?
Were the Virginia miscegenation statutes constitutional under the Equal Protection Clause?"

Does it mention gender? NO!!!

"Bishop’s authoritative 1852 treatise on the law of marriage explained that “it has always... been deemed requisite to the entire validity of every marriage ... that the parties should be of different sex,” and that “[m]arriage between two persons of one sex could have no validity.” Pet.Br.7. And Davis, writing in 1985, said that “true marriage”is,
inter alia
, a “heterosexual relationship in which reproduction and child care are assumed.” CONTEMPORARY MARRIAGE
1, 6-7. But it is certainly true that most historical authorities did not address the idea of marriage between persons of the same sex. There can be no doubt, however, that if they had, they would have said the same thing. After all, they were discussing “marriage,” a gendered term whose meaning was unambiguous and known to all. It meant, as Black-stone said, the relationship between “husband and wife,” Pet.Br.33, also gendered terms whose meanings were unambiguous and known to all. The idea of a“same-sex marriage” was, literally, contradictio interminis to these authorities, and they would have thought it no more necessary to say that such a marriage is not possible than to say that a female husband or male wife is not possible."

Thanks to AKPilot, for the link to that...
So....Um....Chongo, Loving V Virginia does not cover you, here..
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189439 Apr 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "anal retentive" have a hyphen?
No, it has an underscore, right there, between "Rose" and NoHo"
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189440 Apr 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Monster, the Constitution says all persons should get equal protection.
Speaking of impostor, what are you?
And you have both sets of sex genes, right? So, if our right to marry depends on our sex genes, should you be allowed to marry?
Protection is not legal recognition of imposter relationships. Little detail.
If you could think, we'd be amused, a little bit more.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189441 Apr 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in a god who would have made a monster like you?
LOL!
Yeah, and we know that you don't believe in a god who put pubic hair on your head, right?
"Plaintiffs’ reading of this Court’s marriage cases is plainly wrong. They were, after all, about “marriage,” a term that has always meant “the union for life of one man and one woman.”
Murphy v. Ramsey,114 U.S. 15, 45 (1885)."
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189442 Apr 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I say Rose_NoHo is an idiot. I have heard many people say this.
Therefore Rose_NoHo is an idiot.
I agree. And, my arrogance makes me count as two. So, that's three, so far that think that Chongo is an idiot.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189443 Apr 19, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaa. My pu..y hurts. Oh poor you, everyone is against you. It’s a conspiracy. It’s has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are an ignorant hater and a boob. Oh, no, it’s everyone else making your life such a sad existence. Roflmao at you. You haters have such thin skin.
Are you kidding? It's you b!otches who have the thin skin. Look at VV. and, it's you who have had us banned, not the other way around..Talk about spin....
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189444 Apr 19, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. He’s just a lonely old hater.
It's you who calls women "gashes". Talk about a hater...Why don't you tell Chongo that he/she/it can't come to your house, because you consider him/her/it a "gash"?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189445 Apr 19, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You don’t have any “skin in the game”. You’re just a lonely old hater seeking attention.
We don't need to have any, b!tch.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189446 Apr 19, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine states and counting you silly boob and no one give one hoot what you think about it. You have zero impact on whether Gay Americans get equal rights. You don’t support Gay Rights, you support platitudes as a transparent attempt to marginalize Gay Americans. If you truly support unilateral marriage equality you’d have equal contempt for the ignorant haters posting anti-Gay comments. You know like your boy friend Rock. You are truly the biggest hypocrite posting here.
My man Frank (I'm not gay, but you are) is correct in everything that he posts.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189447 Apr 19, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine states and counting you silly boob and no one give one hoot what you think about it. You have zero impact on whether Gay Americans get equal rights. You don’t support Gay Rights, you support platitudes as a transparent attempt to marginalize Gay Americans. If you truly support unilateral marriage equality you’d have equal contempt for the ignorant haters posting anti-Gay comments. You know like your boy friend Rock. You are truly the biggest hypocrite posting here.
And, your gay ass forgot, Frank and I DO support equality, you left out our other man-toy, Pietro. Don't disrespect our polygamous relationship.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189448 Apr 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
we all know you dont.... I will see if I have any crayons for you
Would that be to illustrate the difference between "compression" and "comprehension"? Make one of them "red", and the other "blew", wood yew?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189449 Apr 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>There is a lot of stuff going on today and all you can think about are coloring books?
The cream has certainly risen to the top, yes?
HaboobS

Covina, CA

#189450 Apr 19, 2013
Monster dust storm turns day into night.

A massive dust storm, called a haboob, moves over a Saudi Arabian city & blocks out the sun.

Let this be the start of a covering up of a pox that lays waste to other peoples and religions.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189451 Apr 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that proves it then!
heartandmind's opinion is worth more than others because Frankie needs "My Little Pony" coloring books.
What an idiot.
Hey, lover.......I'm lost. What does that prove?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189452 Apr 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to prove heartandmind's opinion is worth more than anyone else.
Where coloring books fit into his argument I'm not sure, but of course Big D isn't either.
He complains that I don't compress his incomprehensibility.
Do you compress him?
Well, he has me decompressed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Mickey Rourke leaves his shirt unbuttoned flash... Sep 17 jillymayr 2
Beverly Hills Shuns Bike Paths in Resisting Tra... Sep 14 Roger Edgar 7
Northeast El Paso man arrested in fatal I-10 ac... Aug 24 L Morales 3
•••

Westwood News Video

•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westwood People Search