Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,872)

Showing posts 157,421 - 157,440 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I mean percentage-wise in case you're thinking you've found a loophole to exploit, Jizzybirdy.
The best estimates are 34% of straight men do anal sex routinely. And about 62% of gay men do anal sex routinely. That's 2 to 1 Fruitcake.
There is no reason to defend the practice, it's fun! Enjoy it. Gays don't need you to defend them on this. Relax. Go root out some secret homophobes!
Gay Population In U.S. Estimated At 4 Million, lets do the math. If 50% of that are Gay men, that would be 2 million. By your numbers (67%), 1,340,000 men ( Gay) induldge in anal sex.

Current US population, Est. 2012

Could it be said that there are more than 1,340,000 men between the age of 15-44(heterosexual) than that of Gay men?

http://www.google.com/url...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know what anal sex and spinach have in common?( LOL )

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Does anyone know what anal sex and spinach have in common?( LOL )
I am hangin on a thread here!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Well with spinach, if you are forced to have it when you are young, you find it more difficult to enjoy when you are older.

( sorry bad joke, but I have a pretty depraved sense of humor )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... I won’t vote you down, go get the signatures and put it on a ballot. Then we might have something worth discussing.
but if you are just going to sit there and do nothing, nothing will happen.
I don’t really care about it, not something that is important to me. But it seems to be your life’s goal.... so .... go do something about it. Don’t wait around for others to do something about it.
I am doing something about it. Hard as it is with you hypocrites shouting me down.

For someone who doesn't care about it, you sure care about it!

Seriously, why do you care so passionately for same sex marriage but not at all for polygamy?

It's as if you believe poly marriage doesn't deserve the same respect as same sex marriage. Is that it Bunky?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... and to change that image you need someone more responsible to champion it. Because the only thing people see right now are those specific cases, worse they use thier religon and definition of marrage to enbale them to prepuate these crimes.
No one is actively banning polygamy, it is already illegal, I know of no legislation currently in the works to try and stem it further ( or supproting it either ), however I do notice that no one seems to be arrested for it. They seem to be arrested for other crimes but not that one.
Seems ripe to me, it is a law that is not being enforced.
Go find someone more responsible ( NOT Warren Jeffs ) to be the champion of it, and work to make the change.
It isn’t going to happen as long as Warren is the public face of polygamy
Hollywood is already on your side, as others have pointed out there are different role models for it out there.
Your "go do something about it" argument is so old and tired and it's not an argument at all. Is that all you've got?

I am doing something about it. Just like you and I are doing for same sex marriage. I am making you aware. And I am making you think.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing something about it. Hard as it is with you hypocrites shouting me down.
For someone who doesn't care about it, you sure care about it!
Seriously, why do you care so passionately for same sex marriage but not at all for polygamy?
It's as if you believe poly marriage doesn't deserve the same respect as same sex marriage. Is that it Bunky?
No I honestly don’t give a crap about it, but anyone that tries to talk about the actual subject of this thread is immediately pounced upon by you desperately trying to turn the subject to this garbage.

So we indulge your little childishness for a while because you will harp on anyone that talks about anything other than this.

I don’t give a crap about it because no rights are being denied, no one is being arrested for it, no rights are being violated. There is no call out for it other than an obsessed moron on a forum.

Most of the advocates of it don’t currently want any involvement outside their tight little militaristic communities, and the ones arrested are arrested for crimes other than polygamy.

If my next door neighbor took a second wife, and moved her in, I probably would not even notice for a month., and even then his personal business is his.

No one’s right are being violated here, the children you mentioned were taking from a community that was practicing forced multiple marriages on unwilling underage girls to older men. They were NOT removed because of polygamy.

It has to be one of the most unenforced laws on record.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

p.s. the reason you don’t like my telling you to go do something about it is because you don’t give a crap about polygamy either.

You only care about it as a way to attack supporters of same sex marriage and I keep pulling the rug out from under your stupid argument.

Which I will continue to do

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

POLLS: DOMA Is Discrimination, Equality Is Inevitable

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/02/19/1610...

Two new polls released today show that the national momentum for supporting marriage equality continues.

The first poll, from the Respect for Marriage Coalition, found that American voters strongly support marriage equality, with 75 percent responding that the freedom to marry the person you love is a constitutional right. It seems clear that respondents appreciate the value of marriage equality, with 65 percent agreeing that it reflects offering “equal human dignity” to all people. And while 62 percent believe changing the law will have no impact on them, 83 percent believe that change will happen within the next decade. In sum, marriage equality is the right thing to do, poses no threat to society, and is coming soon.

The second poll, from the Center for American Progress and Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD), further clarifies that voters see the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as discriminatory. The poll focused on Section 3 of DOMA, which prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even when they’re legal in certain states. When the Supreme Court weighs the constitutionality of that law, the Justices might keep in mind that 59 percent oppose that law, with 62 percent agreeing that it is “discrimination. Though overall support for marriage equality hovers around 52 percent, much stronger majorities (69 – 78 percent) believe same-sex couples deserve the same benefits other married couples receive.

The infographic below features results from the DOMA poll:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I honestly don’t give a crap about it, but anyone that tries to talk about the actual subject of this thread is immediately pounced upon by you desperately trying to turn the subject to this garbage.
So we indulge your little childishness for a while because you will harp on anyone that talks about anything other than this.
I don’t give a crap about it because no rights are being denied, no one is being arrested for it, no rights are being violated. There is no call out for it other than an obsessed moron on a forum.
Most of the advocates of it don’t currently want any involvement outside their tight little militaristic communities, and the ones arrested are arrested for crimes other than polygamy.
If my next door neighbor took a second wife, and moved her in, I probably would not even notice for a month., and even then his personal business is his.
No one’s right are being violated here, the children you mentioned were taking from a community that was practicing forced multiple marriages on unwilling underage girls to older men. They were NOT removed because of polygamy.
It has to be one of the most unenforced laws on record.
You are wrong. We have perfectly good laws against child abuse. And there is no religious exceptions.

Prove that those 460 children were all victims of abuse. The government couldn't. Good luck.

Don't perpetuate hate. You are completely wrong about polygamy. Please educate yourself. Myself and others have posted excellent links on happy, well adjusted polygamous families. You don't open them.

It's just like everything else, easy to be hard on groups you don't know. Hard to do it when you know them as normal loving committed adults. Please try and educate yourself or just ignore me. But to keep coming back over and over ordering me to take it to court is getting SO OLD. I will discuss it without following your orders whether you like it or not.

Hell, just watch one of the silly reality TV shows on poly. How can you say you don't care about these people? Are those people raping children you dumbass? Are they married to 13 year olds? Are the Jeffs? Stop being stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Some people in same sex marriages abuse their spouses. Does this mean same sex marriage should be illegal?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Two new polls released today show that the national momentum for supporting marriage equality continues.
The first poll, from the Respect for Marriage Coalition, found that American voters strongly support marriage equality, with 75 percent responding that the freedom to marry the person you love is a constitutional right. It seems clear that respondents appreciate the value of marriage equality, with 65 percent agreeing that it reflects offering “equal human dignity” to all people. And while 62 percent believe changing the law will have no impact on them, 83 percent believe that change will happen within the next decade. In sum, marriage equality is the right thing to do, poses no threat to society, and is coming soon.
The second poll, from the Center for American Progress and Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD), further clarifies that voters see the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as discriminatory. The poll focused on Section 3 of DOMA, which prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even when they’re legal in certain states. When the Supreme Court weighs the constitutionality of that law, the Justices might keep in mind that 59 percent oppose that law, with 62 percent agreeing that it is “discrimination. Though overall support for marriage equality hovers around 52 percent, much stronger majorities (69 – 78 percent) believe same-sex couples deserve the same benefits other married couples receive.
Yes DOMA is discriminatory against polygamists too. Good riddance to it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. We have perfectly good laws against child abuse. And there is no religious exceptions.
Prove that those 460 children were all victims of abuse. The government couldn't. Good luck.
Don't perpetuate hate. You are completely wrong about polygamy. Please educate yourself. Myself and others have posted excellent links on happy, well adjusted polygamous families. You don't open them.
It's just like everything else, easy to be hard on groups you don't know. Hard to do it when you know them as normal loving committed adults. Please try and educate yourself or just ignore me. But to keep coming back over and over ordering me to take it to court is getting SO OLD. I will discuss it without following your orders whether you like it or not.
Hell, just watch one of the silly reality TV shows on poly. How can you say you don't care about these people? Are those people raping children you dumbass? Are they married to 13 year olds? Are the Jeffs? Stop being stupid.
I don’t need to prove it, it was already proved by the people that removed them, go do your own research, I don’t report to you.

I am not ordering you do to anything, I am suggesting you actually take up the cause, or stop your incessant whining

posting in a forum whining that you don’t have poly marriage won’t do anything for you, zip.... nada.

Supporters of same sex marriage organized, brought lawyers to bear on civil action and are making progress.

You have nothing.. and you do nothing but whine and cry and complain that someone else doesn’t take up your cause for you.

well screw you kiddo, you want something done... go do it. Don’t whine around here for others to do it for you, we aren’t into the kind of welfare you are asking for.

I am already educated on the subject, you don’t seem to know anything at all. You don’t even comprehend the image problem your pet cause has, so.... the way to teach you is to have you go out and get the signatures, after a couple of weeks of that, you just might be aware that you have an image problem.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, except for the simple fact that the majority of gay folks don't engage in it, and the majority of straight folks have tried it.
And how would you go about identifying who is gay by this factor?
By this standard, the majority of folks would be gay, wouldn't they?
I think that means you are completely surrounded.
The huge difference is that straights have an option, gays don't. However, in either case, Anal sex is inherently Harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. Moreover, MOST people don't engage in anal sex. Something about common sense...

Smirk.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with anal sex. But your "simple fact" is spin.
The "simple fact" is that most gay men engage in anal sex and most straight men don't.
Sex is fun! With whatever consenting adult partner(s) you like. Enjoy! But be safe.
Well Franke....you know what they say....if sex is a pain the the arse...you're doing it the wrong way!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
DOMA also bans plural marriage, that too is discriminatory. Marriage equality for all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The huge difference is that straights have an option, gays don't. However, in either case, Anal sex is inherently Harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. Moreover, MOST people don't engage in anal sex. Something about common sense...
Smirk.
Is that the same kind of common sense that has you believing in talking snakes, magic trees, a rib woman etc?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t need to prove it, it was already proved by the people that removed them, go do your own research, I don’t report to you.
I am not ordering you do to anything, I am suggesting you actually take up the cause, or stop your incessant whining
posting in a forum whining that you don’t have poly marriage won’t do anything for you, zip.... nada.
Supporters of same sex marriage organized, brought lawyers to bear on civil action and are making progress.
You have nothing.. and you do nothing but whine and cry and complain that someone else doesn’t take up your cause for you.
well screw you kiddo, you want something done... go do it. Don’t whine around here for others to do it for you, we aren’t into the kind of welfare you are asking for.
I am already educated on the subject, you don’t seem to know anything at all. You don’t even comprehend the image problem your pet cause has, so.... the way to teach you is to have you go out and get the signatures, after a couple of weeks of that, you just might be aware that you have an image problem.
"I don't need to prove it." Yes you do, when you accuse people of crimes, the burden of proof is on you.

The government dropped the case due to lack of evidence and returned the traumatized children to their loving biological parents. Oprah went there and declared it cool. Oprah approved! What the hell more do you want bigot?

The government could have gone in a seized the real criminals, instead they arrested everybody and put their children in the notorious Texas child care system. Nice! But you don't care.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb fluckered

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Gay people don't have an opinion, my aren't you a bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,421 - 157,440 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westwood News Video

•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE