Bishop who appointed first gay Method...

Bishop who appointed first gay Methodist pastor dies

There are 48 comments on the The Orange County Register story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Bishop who appointed first gay Methodist pastor dies. In it, The Orange County Register reports that:

Bishop Melvin E. Wheatley - who appointed the first openly gay pastor in the United Methodist Church - has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orange County Register.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OldSchoolMethodi st

Tennyson, IN

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Such a very sad situation. The Bishop Melvin Wheatley who appointed the first openly gay pastor in the UMC has died at the age of 93.
The article states he appointed the openly gay man to the position of pastor but it never stated that he offered sorrowfull repentance for doing so. Like wise the article does not mention the consequences that accompanied his failure to repent for that sin. And that consequence is most likely an eternity of dire suffering within the flames of hell.

The worse thing about it is not that he most likely died and went to hell but rather that he acted as the pied piper in leading many hundreds if not thousands of others into hell right behind him. I would say God have mercy on his soul but if Bishop Wheatley didnt care to repent than there no way God could possibly have any degree of mercy on his poor sin sick soul.

Since: May 07

Doylestown, PA

#2 Mar 24, 2009
OldSchoolMethodist wrote:
Such a very sad situation. The Bishop Melvin Wheatley who appointed the first openly gay pastor in the UMC has died at the age of 93.
The article states he appointed the openly gay man to the position of pastor but it never stated that he offered sorrowfull repentance for doing so. Like wise the article does not mention the consequences that accompanied his failure to repent for that sin. And that consequence is most likely an eternity of dire suffering within the flames of hell.
The worse thing about it is not that he most likely died and went to hell but rather that he acted as the pied piper in leading many hundreds if not thousands of others into hell right behind him. I would say God have mercy on his soul but if Bishop Wheatley didnt care to repent than there no way God could possibly have any degree of mercy on his poor sin sick soul.
Looks like someone tore Acts 10 out of your Bible. You might want to get a new one.

-pb
MandM

Montgomery, AL

#3 Mar 24, 2009
We will never know if he repented for his sins before he died. I pray that he did. Heartfelt post.
MandM

Montgomery, AL

#4 Mar 24, 2009
pbagosy wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like someone tore Acts 10 out of your Bible. You might want to get a new one.
-pb
Curious: what are you suggesting by pointing out Acts 10?

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2009
You're a nut !

Doylestown, PA

#6 Mar 24, 2009
MandM wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious: what are you suggesting by pointing out Acts 10?
Peter said "God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean." Who are any of you to say that this man is in Hell?

-pb
skorzeny

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2009
good
Guardian Angel

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Here's God's official sin list. Which one are you complaining about?
http://www.radixguys.com/warroom/tencommandme...
Mark

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Bishop Melvin Wheatley is sitting at the hand of God. Bless him and condolences to his family.
OldSchoolMethodi st

Tennyson, IN

#10 Mar 25, 2009
I am deeply saddened by that fact that the Bishop Melvin Wheatley was after his father the devil. And upon upon the moment of the bishops mortal death his father the devil called him home.
He now has no choice nor hope but to spend an eternity in the the flames of hell with his wicked and hellish father.

I shal now write his final epitaph...

He has no hope...his fate is sealed...his end is now complete...his poor soul lies in death, desolation and ruin...woe be unto him for he shall now endure an eternity of suffering.

Doylestown, PA

#11 Mar 25, 2009
I am deeply saddened by that fact that the Bishop Melvin Wheatley was after his father the devil. And upon upon the moment of the bishops mortal death his father the devil called him home.
He now has no choice nor hope but to spend an eternity in the the flames of hell with his wicked and hellish father.
He has no hope...his fate is sealed...his end is now complete...his poor soul lies in death, desolation and ruin...woe be unto him for he shall now endure an eternity of suffering.
So, you're God now? I figured you'd have a better grasp of the English language, what, being perfect and all.

-pb
Get Real

Plano, TX

#12 Mar 25, 2009
So this man appointed the first "Openly Gay" pastor. So what, how many pastors and priests are gay currently and in the closet?
I am not Gay, but I have no issue with what he did, people need to turn to god, all of them, and they most need guidance to do it.
To tell the truth I would have more of an issue if it said that he openly supported Obama! Now there is a devil in hiding.
I SeeClearlyNow

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Mar 25, 2009
You make no sense whatsoever. Perhaps you have stoned and eaten too many children
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/...
MandM

Montgomery, AL

#14 Mar 25, 2009
"Homosexuality is a mysterious gift of God's grace, "Wheatley said. "I clearly do not believe homosexuality is a sin." If this is what he believed, then he clearly rejected the bible as the Word of God.

I do pray that he repented before he passed away. Otherwise, this is a day to mourn another soul.
john

Overland Park, KS

#16 Mar 25, 2009
The problem with American is we don't have Christian behavor in public and private life.

Doylestown, PA

#17 Mar 25, 2009
MandM wrote:
"Homosexuality is a mysterious gift of God's grace, "Wheatley said. "I clearly do not believe homosexuality is a sin." If this is what he believed, then he clearly rejected the bible as the Word of God.
So, you believe that eating shellfish and wearing cotton/polyester blends is also rejecting the Bible as the Word of God?

And, considering ministers earn their living by working on the Sabbath, aren't they all going to Hell anyway?

-pb

Doylestown, PA

#18 Mar 25, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with American is we don't have Christian behavor in public and private life.
Please define "Christian" behavior. Because a lot of the Real True Christians(TM) that I see out there have some detestable behavior. Who am I supposed to be emulating here?

-pb
MandM

Montgomery, AL

#19 Mar 25, 2009
pbagosy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that eating shellfish and wearing cotton/polyester blends is also rejecting the Bible as the Word of God?
And, considering ministers earn their living by working on the Sabbath, aren't they all going to Hell anyway?
-pb
pb, let's not go there, ok? I do want to ask you if you think that you are a good, moral person?
john

Overland Park, KS

#20 Mar 25, 2009
pbagosy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define "Christian" behavior. Because a lot of the Real True Christians(TM) that I see out there have some detestable behavior. Who am I supposed to be emulating here?
-pb
State a true Christian behavor that is detestable?
Guardian Angel

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Mar 25, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>State a true Christian behavor that is detestable?
None. Its *fake christian* behavior that is detestable

Examples:

*Judgmentalism

*Evangelism (first published in 1910 as a book of superstition) mislabled as "Christianity"

*Hatred (of self and/or others)

*Self-rightousness

*Worshiping the Bible as a false idol; instead of worshiping God; and misleading others to do the same

*Hiding behind God's coattails while casting stones at people you don't like; in "God's name"

*Adding made-up sins to God's list without God's authorization.....
http://www.radixguys.com/warroom/tencommandme...
......then holding others to your made-up sin list as if you are God (and God isn't)

*condemning the Children of God in the other 67% of the world's religions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News British YouTube star Calum McSwiggan who 'faked... Jul '16 Curtis 1
News Restaurant review: Potholder Caf stands out in ... Jul '16 Ronald 1
News YouTube star Calum McSwiggan charged over West ... Jun '16 Wilbur 2
Bishop Charles Edward will be exposed in 2012/s... (Feb '12) Jun '16 john lee 12
News Attempted Arson Suspected at Kardashian-Owned S... Jun '16 Ay- que tontos 2
News Sports Arena closing after hosting huge 20th ce... May '16 UFOs are real 1
News 10 Best Pizza Restaurants in Los Angeles (Feb '15) Feb '15 William Walker 1

Westwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westwood Mortgages