Widening on Sepulveda Pass to start

Widening on Sepulveda Pass to start

There are 51 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 21, 2009, titled Widening on Sepulveda Pass to start. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Caltrans crews are expected to start working on the $950 million Sepulveda Pass freeway widening project shortly before Christmas, according to state officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LA Idiots Fail Again

United States

#44 Nov 22, 2009
In further news it was learned today that 3.7 billion dollars will be spent reconfiguring the chicken feeder type lines at the DMV. In addition to new and improved red velvet ropes, a color coded, numbered, tile and granite floor will be incorporated into the existing DMV offices throughout Southern California. During the 9 year remodel you can expect further delays to the already crowded offices. After the remodel, lines will be color coded to expedite your DMV experience. City engineers have spent the last 13 years deciding which color or mix of colors will sooth your mind during the always frustrating DMV visits. It was finally decided that light blue with sea foam accents will be used. During the 13 year 38 million dollar impact study LA County engineers believe they will be able to cut nearly 9 seconds off the average customers nearly 4.3 hour wait....
Michaels other hand

Pinecrest, CA

#45 Nov 22, 2009
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it Michael's fist that is up your a+s+s ****?
Hey Coach, leave by brother alone.
asdf

Glendora, CA

#46 Nov 26, 2009
Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
If they would just outlaw old Toyota pickups with crap piled 10 feet above the cab, there would be a dramatic reduction in freeway traffic.
Funny you mention that, I spend at least two hours a day in traffic and rarely see this. It really has nothing to do with one particular group of people, it's what you get when the population is so big in such small area.
asdf

Glendora, CA

#47 Nov 26, 2009
Not in LA Anymore wrote:
<quoted text>What a complete idiot,you are showing.
Yes, I am a complete idiot, you are right. Now go blow off Lou Dobbs, he's waiting for you.
asdf

Glendora, CA

#48 Nov 26, 2009
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
Soon,
the 'Big One'
will remedy the situation.
Take heart.
Natural solution, I like the way you think. I'm saving my money for the sudden drop in value of real estate, then I buy =)
Sniper

Pinecrest, CA

#49 Nov 26, 2009
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you mention that, I spend at least two hours a day in traffic and rarely see this. It really has nothing to do with one particular group of people, it's what you get when the population is so big in such small area.
The solution to the over population problem is being tested on the Bison herd on Catalina. After it has been tested sucessfully, they will be aerial spraying the vaccine along the Mexican border.
Not in LA Anymore

Warrior, AL

#50 Nov 27, 2009
LA Idiots Fail Again wrote:
In further news it was learned today that 3.7 billion dollars will be spent reconfiguring the chicken feeder type lines at the DMV. In addition to new and improved red velvet ropes, a color coded, numbered, tile and granite floor will be incorporated into the existing DMV offices throughout Southern California. During the 9 year remodel you can expect further delays to the already crowded offices. After the remodel, lines will be color coded to expedite your DMV experience. City engineers have spent the last 13 years deciding which color or mix of colors will sooth your mind during the always frustrating DMV visits. It was finally decided that light blue with sea foam accents will be used. During the 13 year 38 million dollar impact study LA County engineers believe they will be able to cut nearly 9 seconds off the average customers nearly 4.3 hour wait....
Could not have said it better,one of the very reasons we don't live in LA anymore,thank God and good luck.
Not in LA Anymore

Warrior, AL

#51 Nov 27, 2009
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a complete idiot, you are right. Now go blow off Lou Dobbs, he's waiting for you.
Yes,still a complete idiot.At least I have a choice.
jaw444

Anaheim, CA

#52 Nov 28, 2009
I was thinking they already started the construction. Up until August i had been driving home from the 10 at Fairfax to the 405 at Burbank Bl for the past couple of years.(i also drove to work in the morning in the carpool lane, prius, sweet). Driving home was torture. Then i temporarily moved to Santa Monica so now i just drive home on the 10 straight to 4th St. About a month and a half ago, abruptly, mid October i think, i noticed that the traffic on the transition from the 10 to the 405 North was crammed. It was never like that before. Before, I didn't hit gridlock til i got to the 405, the transition road was not congested. But now, every night, it's crammed and it's backed up a mile or more onto the 10 west with people waiting in line to get onto the 405. i couldn't figure out what was causing it. It started a couple of weeks before the time change. But i was wondering if they started construction on the 405 and maybe that caused this new level of gridlock. It's depressing to think that it's not explained by construction and that when construction does start in December, the gridlock will get much worse. How can something already so bad get much much worse?

I am weighing the choice of whether to move back to Van Nuys to my house, or to stay in Santa Monica at my apartment. It's not that easy of a choice because the apartment is costing me a bunch of money i can't afford so that i'm spending more than im making, very bad. I want to move back to my house and give up the (rent controlled large private 2BR two story with backyard, patio, trees) apartment because i can't afford to keep the apartment. but looking at going back to that lifestyle of being in that traffic all the time is so painful, i think i will stay in Santa Monica and let my finances collapse.
jaw444

Anaheim, CA

#53 Nov 28, 2009
one other comment on the solutions to LA gridlock, especially on the 405 with the Valley/LA daily back and forth migration.

There are a lot of office jobs out there which would lend themselves to telecommuting. Technology is way ahead of social practice. Bosses don't trust workers to work at home, but telecommuting is a great way to work if your job is suited to it. I think it could potentially take masses of cars off the freeways. Back in the early 90s, the state mandated that large employers come up with ways of reducing their employees contribution to air pollution, whether by carpooling or something else. At my job (large employer, i work for LA County), telecommuting was one of the solutions,and for 10 years, i telecommuted 2 days a week, Mondays and Wednesdays. it was so awesome. I could write reports at home, do phone calls, fax, go in the field to see clients and come home. I loved it. it was very humane. They phased it out when certain conditons changed, but i wish that policy makers were looking at using advanced technology to promote more telecommuting. You know those days when people are off the roads, for a holiday or something? It could be like that all the time,w hen you can drive places in a reasonable amount of time, if more cars were taken off the road. Rail lines is one great idea. Telecommuting is another. I could not use rail because my job requires me to go out in the field a lot and visit clients but i would love to telecommute.

I guess it's a stupid question to ask how CalTrans plans to facilitate the commute during the 3 years of the widening project. I don't guess they're taking any measures to help commuters?

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Nov 30, 2009
jaw444 wrote:
one other comment on the solutions to LA gridlock, especially on the 405 with the Valley/LA daily back and forth migration.
There are a lot of office jobs out there which would lend themselves to telecommuting. Technology is way ahead of social practice. Bosses don't trust workers to work at home, but telecommuting is a great way to work if your job is suited to it. I think it could potentially take masses of cars off the freeways. Back in the early 90s, the state mandated that large employers come up with ways of reducing their employees contribution to air pollution, whether by carpooling or something else. At my job (large employer, i work for LA County), telecommuting was one of the solutions,and for 10 years, i telecommuted 2 days a week, Mondays and Wednesdays. it was so awesome. I could write reports at home, do phone calls, fax, go in the field to see clients and come home. I loved it. it was very humane. They phased it out when certain conditons changed, but i wish that policy makers were looking at using advanced technology to promote more telecommuting. You know those days when people are off the roads, for a holiday or something? It could be like that all the time,w hen you can drive places in a reasonable amount of time, if more cars were taken off the road. Rail lines is one great idea. Telecommuting is another. I could not use rail because my job requires me to go out in the field a lot and visit clients but i would love to telecommute.
I guess it's a stupid question to ask how CalTrans plans to facilitate the commute during the 3 years of the widening project. I don't guess they're taking any measures to help commuters?
In a word, you're screwed no matter what you do.

"IT'S SO L.A.!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News YouTube star Calum McSwiggan charged over West ... Thu Wilbur 2
Bishop Charles Edward will be exposed in 2012/s... (Feb '12) Jun 22 john lee 12
News Attempted Arson Suspected at Kardashian-Owned S... Jun 8 Ay- que tontos 2
News California Vietnam War memorial to the missing ... May '16 anartfart 1
News Yiddish poems from 'Recovering Yiddish Culture ... May '16 goss 2
News The Latest: Space shuttle tank ends voyage to L... May '16 No per per 1
News Sports Arena closing after hosting huge 20th ce... May '16 UFOs are real 1

Westwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance