Immigrants' rights protestors shut down section of Wilshire Boulevard

Full story: LA Daily News 75
About 200 students and immigrants' rights protestors shut down a section of Wilshire Boulevard in front of the Federal Building today to rally in support of a federal measure that would make it easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
American First

Covina, CA

#69 May 22, 2010
UclaBruin wrote:
For all of you "independent" individuals that narrow your mind to only consider yourself and no one else, guess what, undocumented immigrants work in agriculture, domestic, manufacturing, and many other jobs that YOU ALL benefit from. They keep society functioning and YES they proudly PAY their taxes. You all "elitist" say "oh, they came here illegally and they broke the law, that is sooo wrong lets deport them" Guess what the SYSTEM force them to "break" the law so think before you blame. UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS are tired of society to belitte them, exploit them, and not appreciate their work. I support their reasons for equality. It takes more than papers to be AMERICAN and these individuals that protested obviously know it. But when they are being limited to their DREAMS of becoming an educator, doctor, engineer, etc. by a narrominded society, they are not afraid to stand up and fight for their DREAMS. They are fighting for the DREAM ACT that will stop limiting their potential and contribute their skills and abilities to society. They are American already, they just need the U.S. to open the doors for them to enter the workforce.
THEN WHY THE HELL DO THEY CARRY THE FREAKIN MEXICAN FLAG WHEN THEY PROTEST. I'M PROUD OF MY NATIONALITY, AND I WAS AN IMMIGRANT, BUT NOW I'M AN AMERICAN. AND WHENEVER THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER OR THE MARINE CORPS HYMN IS PLAYED, MY EYES TEAR UP.
Roger Edwards

United States

#71 May 22, 2010
American First wrote:
<quoted text> THEN WHY THE HELL DO THEY CARRY THE FREAKIN MEXICAN FLAG WHEN THEY PROTEST. I'M PROUD OF MY NATIONALITY, AND I WAS AN IMMIGRANT, BUT NOW I'M AN AMERICAN. AND WHENEVER THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER OR THE MARINE CORPS HYMN IS PLAYED, MY EYES TEAR UP.
Simple. The elected Calif Democratic Politicians have trained the Illegals to be relentlessly disrespectful to Americans and to have zero respect for America.

It is part of the overall Party strategy to engender cowardice in the citizen population. And, to force citizen parents to watch their own children marginalized by the effects of the Illegal Invasion.

It has worked well. We have allowed the State democratic politicians to "hyhenate" us into mere fractions of Americans.
get a life

West Hollywood, CA

#72 May 22, 2010
American First wrote:
<quoted text> THEN WHY THE HELL DO THEY CARRY THE FREAKIN MEXICAN FLAG WHEN THEY PROTEST. I'M PROUD OF MY NATIONALITY, AND I WAS AN IMMIGRANT, BUT NOW I'M AN AMERICAN. AND WHENEVER THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER OR THE MARINE CORPS HYMN IS PLAYED, MY EYES TEAR UP.
You my friend are exactly what this country needs and will welcome here every day, every hour, every year. You should be screaming this from the top of building! These so called immigrants are a far cry of a true American. They have no desire to become an American, all they want is what they can get by calling themselves an American! Their loyalty is not herein America! If they were honest, it would never enter their minds to carry any flag other than the Star and Strips! NEVER! These so called immigrants are a disgrace and embarrassment to America and I my thoughts should be band from these demonstrations and sent home to where they came from. A true American would never do what they are doing!
patriotic democrat

United States

#73 May 22, 2010
American First wrote:
Thank YOU for choosing to become an American citizen. You are the reason that LEGAL immigration has made America GREAT. You get it.

“Hey what's up”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#74 May 22, 2010
It is my country I am a person who can trace my ancestors right to them battling the British and giving this country it's freedom.
I am proud of my country I am sickened by a president who should have turned Mr Big mouth facist stupid Mexican president away from the front door of the White House.
The White House belongs to the people of our great nation.
We suffered with the British almost destroying it in the war of 1812.
As for all those illegal alien posters making statements.
They want to destroy this country guess what the military can take over the government and force marshall law.
They also can make sure the President either steps down or obeys the laws of this sovereign nation.
So piece of advice for the illegals go home while you still can.
Because if you create a problem or disrupt this society it might be time to impound and seize all your assets.
Then use those assets to reimburse the American taxpayers for your deportation cost.
One other piece of advice you have no rights you weren't born here.
Plus it is time to cut off all those anchor babies and ship all those criminals home.
If you don't like this country and it's laws please feel free to leave anytime you wish.
In Mexico these people would have been rounded up and excuted for their behavior.
zane salazar

United States

#77 May 22, 2010
Ha Ha Ha......you voted for your own demise. At least Castro had to fight to make Cuba a Communist Hole as did Chairman Mao and Ho ChI Min.

Californians voted to be a terminally infected puss filled sore on the American landscape.

Viva La Raza Baby! SUCKERS!
American

Irvine, CA

#78 May 22, 2010
patriotic democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank YOU for choosing to become an American citizen. You are the reason that LEGAL immigration has made America GREAT. You get it.
The melting pot is broken. We need to be highly selective in who we let in legally after we fix this gross illegal problem. Only the best and the brightest the world has to offer that can make this nation a better place should be considered.

Poor criminal shiftless gangster shit monkeys need not apply.
Tea Nada

Lindsay, CA

#79 May 23, 2010
American wrote:
<quoted text>
The melting pot is broken. We need to be highly selective in who we let in legally after we fix this gross illegal problem. Only the best and the brightest the world has to offer that can make this nation a better place should be considered.
Poor criminal shiftless gangster shit monkeys need not apply.
You are not only being racist, but you are prejudiced as well! America should be open to ALL kinds of immigrants, not just the "wealthiest" and the "best"! If they had that policy in the past, how would all of your idiot relatives ever have gotten in?
Concerned

Sherman Oaks, CA

#80 May 23, 2010
Tea Nada wrote:
<quoted text> You are not only being racist, but you are prejudiced as well! America should be open to ALL kinds of immigrants, not just the "wealthiest" and the "best"! If they had that policy in the past, how would all of your idiot relatives ever have gotten in?
Tea Nada, it is a privilege to live in the USA not a right. We don't have to let anyone into this country, period. My idiot relatives came here legally, from countries far away, on boats, had to get sponsored, change their names, and assimilate.(assimilate means blend in and become American). They had no family, friends, and they sure as hell couldn't get into their Econoline van and drive home in an afternoon. They then learned English, fought in WWI and WWII, bought homes (which i might add they took painstaking care of), got married, raised families and sent their children to college since they did not go and had to work in factories and janitorial jobs. No one in the family joined gangs, or spent time in prison. No one had a bunch of kids out of wedlock, with multiple baby-mama's or baby-daddy's. They did not run around with flags from their home-country. This was their home. Everyday, my grandfather would say how proud he was to be an American and the man worked hard everyday to contribute to this country. Never once did he assume he should be here; there was no sense of entitlement. He was so proud and amazed that he was allowed the opportunity to live in this country. Perhaps if the newer group of people coming here would adopt just a bit of this attitude, they might find they are welcomed a bit more warmly.
City Resident

Reseda, CA

#82 May 24, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Nada, it is a privilege to live in the USA not a right. We don't have to let anyone into this country, period. My idiot relatives came here legally, from countries far away, on boats, had to get sponsored, change their names, and assimilate.(assimilate means blend in and become American). They had no family, friends, and they sure as hell couldn't get into their Econoline van and drive home in an afternoon. They then learned English, fought in WWI and WWII, bought homes (which i might add they took painstaking care of), got married, raised families and sent their children to college since they did not go and had to work in factories and janitorial jobs. No one in the family joined gangs, or spent time in prison. No one had a bunch of kids out of wedlock, with multiple baby-mama's or baby-daddy's. They did not run around with flags from their home-country. This was their home. Everyday, my grandfather would say how proud he was to be an American and the man worked hard everyday to contribute to this country. Never once did he assume he should be here; there was no sense of entitlement. He was so proud and amazed that he was allowed the opportunity to live in this country. Perhaps if the newer group of people coming here would adopt just a bit of this attitude, they might find they are welcomed a bit more warmly.
Very well said..I agree 100%
get a life

West Hollywood, CA

#83 May 24, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
GREAT POST WELL SAID RIGHT ON!!! Rights? What a joke these selfish people are! The rights they have is to become the best they can living in a country of freedom! That's it! The rest you earn, just like the rest of us! This entitlement attitude is a slap in the face of honest hard working Americans, an insult! But what angers me more are the Americans that support this nonsense! They too should be sent away for awhile to see what they simply take for granted! Maybe return with an ounce of humbleness and humility!
patriotic democrat

United States

#84 May 24, 2010
Tea Nada wrote:
<quoted text> You are not only being racist, but you are prejudiced as well! America should be open to ALL kinds of immigrants, not just the "wealthiest" and the "best"! If they had that policy in the past, how would all of your idiot relatives ever have gotten in?
Thank you. It is good to be reminded that only the least among us would support the Boycott or the Illegal alien infestation of America.

If you don't see the proven destructive difference between Legal and ILLEGAL you are as pathetic and treasonous as some Californian who still votes for our State's Democratic Party Hate Machine.
Richard Cory

Agoura Hills, CA

#85 May 24, 2010
UclaBruin wrote:
For all of you "independent" individuals that narrow your mind to only consider yourself and no one else, guess what, undocumented immigrants work in agriculture, domestic, manufacturing, and many other jobs that YOU ALL benefit from. They keep society functioning and YES they proudly PAY their taxes. You all "elitist" say "oh, they came here illegally and they broke the law, that is sooo wrong lets deport them" Guess what the SYSTEM force them to "break" the law so think before you blame. UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS are tired of society to belitte them, exploit them, and not appreciate their work. I support their reasons for equality. It takes more than papers to be AMERICAN and these individuals that protested obviously know it. But when they are being limited to their DREAMS of becoming an educator, doctor, engineer, etc. by a narrominded society, they are not afraid to stand up and fight for their DREAMS. They are fighting for the DREAM ACT that will stop limiting their potential and contribute their skills and abilities to society. They are American already, they just need the U.S. to open the doors for them to enter the workforce.
Well when uclabruin get their head out of their A**.
I've got a little P.S.who do you think is cleaning your class rooms and dormitories?
AN ILLEGAL! OH,NO! you say, they are represented by an origination that cares,protects and guarantees a living wage for AMERICAN workers.
It's the S.E.I.U. Well guess what The S.E.I.U. ACTIVELY RECRUITS immigrants BOTH legal AND illegal.
Unions have NO responsibility to verify their members whether they be illegal immigrants for government cleaning jobs or child molesters driving your school buses, IT IS NOT THE UNIONS JOB to do back round checks on their potential members.
So if your looking for that political PIMP, check the unions and see who they donate money to.
lastoutlaw

United States

#86 May 24, 2010
patriotic democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It is good to be reminded that only the least among us would support the Boycott or the Illegal alien infestation of America.
If you don't see the proven destructive difference between Legal and ILLEGAL you are as pathetic and treasonous as some Californian who still votes for our State's Democratic Party Hate Machine.
Let's have a brief analogy.
Something purchased.
Something given.
Something taken.
An average person.

Take that average person. If he took something (stolen, doesn't matter) would he take better care of it than if it was given to him? How about if he earned it (hard work and savings).
The answer is:

Most people would cherish something they earned. A sense of pride, a sense of ownership. Value received for value given.

Whereby - if you 'give' something, it's value is diminished. It wasn't earned, it was a gift. It might be taken care of for its sentimental value, but it won't be the same.

And that which was stolen? It has the least value of all. It could always be tossed away; like a purse that was snatched. Gucci or not; if I stole a Gucci, I would have no problem throwing it away, whereas if I bought it; I'd take care of it.

Same with what this country has to offer people. It has nothing to do with 'Race'.

'Steal' your way into the country, what is here is worthless. You'll take what you can get and you'll squander it; and just take more. You will criticize and protest and scream about 'rights' which you don't have. Respect is something you don't understand. Your allegiance is only to yourself.

Something given? Breeds the 'entitlement' mentality. You'll expect to be given more. You'll give in return, but only if it's asked. What you have is important, but not by much; you'll take care of it but it won't remain bright and shiny. Your allegiance is to your homeland, though you're thankful that you're here.

Something you've earned? Your past is a reflection of where you came from; your vision is set on the future. You keep what you've earned shiny, bright and in excellent repair. You have pride in what you've accomplished because it's made you what you are. The more forward you progress, the better the person you've become. You came here using the system as it was set up to be used and you've become not just a contributing member of the society you've chosen to live in, but you're reaping the rewards that society gives only to it's contributing members. Respect. Admiration. Success (prosperity). For yourself and your decendants.

Which type of person would our country be stronger for admitting here?

The Criminal?

The Sponge?

The Contributor?
ICE my ACE

Modesto, CA

#87 May 25, 2010
Fed Up With Mexicans wrote:
<quoted text> Flying drones over the desert as usual! They have instructions to leave the illegals here alone, because your wonderful leader Obama now has amnesty in the works!
ICE is a joke!! We have thousands of illegals hanging out in front of Home Depots all over the State every day, yet NOTHING is ever done about them!! I heard from a friend who has a relative who works for them, and he said that they have been instructed to leave the illegals who are here alone because "immigration reform is imminent"! What a damn joke!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Misty Me 7,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 hr do it here 16,011
Sunset Blvd. Closed After Sinkhole Forms Near P... Mon hsktommox 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038
Kim Kardashian Facing Fur-ious Protest At Calab... (Apr '12) Sep 29 Animal and humaine 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275

Fire Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at October 01 at 8:19PM PDT

Westwood News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match

Westwood Jobs

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]