Immigrants' rights protestors shut do...

Immigrants' rights protestors shut down section of Wilshire Boulevard

There are 75 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 20, 2010, titled Immigrants' rights protestors shut down section of Wilshire Boulevard. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

About 200 students and immigrants' rights protestors shut down a section of Wilshire Boulevard in front of the Federal Building today to rally in support of a federal measure that would make it easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DRW

Winchester, CA

#1 May 20, 2010
Where was ICE?
American

Irvine, CA

#2 May 20, 2010
Deport them. You know they are racist ignorant anchors.
damn Liberal

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 20, 2010
Damn those illegals, forget that bush and his buddies caused you to lose a job or a house. Your pension is gone too, it was the illegals, not the repubs. Forget that they relaxed laws that would have prevented this depression from happening. The illegals are to blame for all our problems. My son was late to school, it was an illegals fault. My wife got mad at me for being a jerk, not my fault, it was an illegal's fault. You really want to get angry vote something other than repub or demo and show our gover we want real change.
damn Liberal

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 20, 2010
American wrote:
Deport them. You know they are racist ignorant anchors.
Yeah send those Canadians back! All of them are just here as anchors. WE have enough anchors for our ships and don't need them any more.

“Off The Cliff They Go.”

Since: Dec 09

Duarte, CA

#5 May 20, 2010
"Another protestor, UCLA student Andrea Ortega, said, "I am doing this so that students will no longer be terrorized by legislation like SB1070 in Arizona,"

Are all of the Hispanic La Raza anti-American UCLA students this stupid?

I think she is talking about the U.S. Federal Immigration Law.
lastoutlaw

United States

#6 May 20, 2010
They did not have a permit?

Breaking the law. These illegals just compound their crimes, don't they?

I have no problem with protests supporting immigrant rights. I just have a bit of confusion over how and in what way immigrant rights are being subverted? I mean, an immigrant has the same basic rights as a citizen. Don't they?

Constitutionally, they do.

But ILLEGAL immigrants - now that's another story.

They have no rights. They are criminals and as such do not deserve the same rights that you and I as citizens and immigrants have obtained either through birth within the borders of the country or by requesting permission to enter and reside within the borders and receiving permission to do so.

ILLEGALS are INVADERS. They come across the border without permission and thus are here at their own risk.

If they were to be picked up, locked up and no notice given to anybody outside the walls of the prisons, it's better than they deserve. Indeed; this is how it's done where they come from; why should they expect to be treated better over here when they thumbed their noses at our established processes and laws by crossing?

Protesting for Immigrant Rights? RIGHT ON!

Protesting for ILLEGAL INVADERS Rights?(call them what they REALLY are,'cause they're not immigrating by any recognized means)- Call ICE!
really

Santa Clarita, CA

#7 May 20, 2010
send all these freeloaders back!
really

Santa Clarita, CA

#8 May 20, 2010
Also illegals have not rights! I wonder where that crock came from!!
Hollywood

Los Angeles, CA

#9 May 20, 2010
Arrest and Deport, the end.
gege

United States

#11 May 20, 2010
Are you kidding, I already have a hard time registering for classes and I was born here.
That's going to make it that much harder
Awesome

San Pedro, CA

#12 May 20, 2010
One illegal was about to graduate with a degree in "Chicano Studies". Now she will be deported and start on her masters in "Mexican Studies" in Mexico. Sucked off our system then protests it. Truly retarded.
Debbie

San Fernando, CA

#13 May 20, 2010
Wrong headline- It should read-Illegal immigrants, or "undocumented immigrants" break another law.
American

Irvine, CA

#14 May 20, 2010
damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah send those Canadians back! All of them are just here as anchors. WE have enough anchors for our ships and don't need them any more.
You can go along for the ride if you don't like it. Racist Mexicans are not Americans. Kick them OUT!
Obamasux

La Crescenta, CA

#15 May 20, 2010
shoot every mexican p o s we can find. they are all lazy, they steal, and my damn gardner broke another sprinkler last week.
CPLA101

Redondo Beach, CA

#16 May 20, 2010
I hope UCLA student Andrea Ortega is dealt with asap! I want her out of my country!
Yo mamasux

San Bernardino, CA

#17 May 20, 2010
Apparently the gentlemen in front of the home depot parking lot. One of whom you should call dad.
Mi pais NOW biatch

San Bernardino, CA

#18 May 20, 2010
CPLA101 wrote:
I hope UCLA student Andrea Ortega is dealt with asap! I want her out of my country!
Your country? I thought you were born in Alaska.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 May 20, 2010
Ahhhh......Doing the work Americans won't do!!

How joyful for those who *ARE* actually working.....

....."students"..... still sucking at the teat.....
Awesome

San Pedro, CA

#20 May 20, 2010
I do all my own work or hire expert Americans, No matter what their ethnic background is, as long as they're here legal. Like born here.
BDD

Walnut Creek, CA

#21 May 20, 2010
For a five-year student, Gonzalez needs to start over. What's the dream Act got to do with the civil rights movement? African-Americans ARE AMERICANS. Illegal aliens have no educational rights in the US, unless they have a student visa and PAY FOR IT. Mexicans hate the Blacks but yet they like to compare their human struggle. That's bullchit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News British YouTube star Calum McSwiggan who 'faked... Jul 20 Curtis 1
News Restaurant review: Potholder Caf stands out in ... Jul 3 Ronald 1
News YouTube star Calum McSwiggan charged over West ... Jun 30 Wilbur 2
Bishop Charles Edward will be exposed in 2012/s... (Feb '12) Jun '16 john lee 12
News Attempted Arson Suspected at Kardashian-Owned S... Jun '16 Ay- que tontos 2
News Sports Arena closing after hosting huge 20th ce... May '16 UFOs are real 1
News 10 Best Pizza Restaurants in Los Angeles (Feb '15) Feb '15 William Walker 1

Westwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westwood Mortgages