Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184389 Mar 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. Consistent.
<quoted text>
Thanks for the travel tip, but I prefer to stay among those who practice monogamous conjugal marriage.
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm.....plural marriage goes back father than that.
<quoted text>
Still consistent, and practical .....very good.
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhhhh....but if one goes back to NYC in the '60's....the 1860's one finds interracial marriages legally recorded. Not sure ifvtge same could be said of same sex marriage at that time and place.
<quoted text>
Smarter people than I are already doing that.
of course plural marriage goes back a long ways.

the mormons have been around for well over a century..
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184391 Mar 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
for now... if DOMA falls, any challenge to the states that ban them will be easily overturned on constitutional grounds
You are on the wrong side of right and wrong, and certainly on the wrong side of history
except that the rights of the minorities cannot be decided by the majority.......

that is what this case is all ABOUT!!!

look at the bigoted steps NC has taken with that 'well screw ya with 'states rights" arguement.........

rights like marraige, should be universal through out our nation.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184393 Mar 24, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Word games. It may very well be that homosexuality is considered "normal and legal", but it is not equal to heterosexuality.
"...the Fourteenth Amendment states clearly that no state shall deny any person the equal protection of law;..." protection of rights that guarantee that the government shall not interfere with our abilities to function as free citizens. It does not have any authority to decree that we view homosexuality as normal and acceptable. You are attempting to use the 14th Amendment to legislate morality.
Morality? Who's talking morality? I'm talking science.

Look, the world is round, the sky is blue, and homosexuals are normal. It's not up for discussion.

Why is this so hard for people to get?
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184395 Mar 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian. Children raised by a married mother and father have better outcomes. That DOES NOT mean that all other combinations fail 100%. There is no rational reason to deny the benefits of marriage to children same sex parents... unless you think punishing their children is a moral thing to do.
that is not QUITE what the american pediatrics association said last week, when they came out in favor of gay marraige.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184396 Mar 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Check with any university library. Hell, Google it, LazyBoy.
I sympathize with you on that one, she is a real box of rocks upstairs.

'riccaro fire" is kinda the same....

no matter how much i goad him, he simply wont use the google machine to find out what the "endocannbanoid system" is....

he is convinced i made it up or read it in "high times' magazine.

these far right wingers only have so much capacity in their hard drives..

and they process evrything through a fear center in their brains...

its been proven.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#184397 Mar 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I see same sex marriage as adding a standard of segregation, a new form of gender apartheid marriage. I see same sex marriage as anti-gay because every gay was born of male/female union.
Exclusion is a positive action because we don't want unqualified people licensed to marry, fly passenger planes or performing surgical operations. Exclusion maintains standards.
Gender apartheid is segregation of the sexes. Complete segregation. Homosexuals make up somewhere between 2 & 10% of the population depending upon what figures you cite. Just because two gay men get married doesn't mean they'll exclude women from their lives.

Of course everyone was born from male/female union (even if it is just through AI). So that is a non-starter. That still isn't a rational argument against same sex marriage. It is just your opinion. And I really don't see what you mean by it being anti-gay. That seems like quite a stretch IMHO. Perhaps you would like to explain how it is anti-gay.

I can take flying lessons and become a pilot. I do happen to have the qualifications to perform surgery. That was through a lengthy education and licensing process. The analogy still doesn't apply to homosexuals in general. Loads of heterosexuals don't really qualify as suitable marriage partners. At least not in my opinion, which should have no bearing on their ability to get married.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184398 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That decision was based on sexual privacy. It made no assertion of " a normal, legal, expression of human sexuality."
Nor has science. In fact, the opposite is true. Obviously.
The basis of your assertions crumbles without #1.
Smile.
<quoted text>
So you are admitting you lied about science and the law validating
'a normal, legal, expression of human sexuality'?
You made the claim 'honey'.
Smile.
"The petitioners [Lawrence and Garner] are entitled to respect for their private lives. The State CANNOT DEMEAN THEIR EXISTENCE OR CONTROL THEIR DESTINY by making their private sexual conduct a crime." (Justice Anthony Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas).

Sounds like he was saying that homosexual behavior cannot be considered a crime. And if it's not a crime and heterosexual behavior is not a crime, then they must be equally legal under the law.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184399 Mar 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality? Who's talking morality? I'm talking science.
Look, the world is round, the sky is blue, and homosexuals are normal. It's not up for discussion.
Why is this so hard for people to get?
Normal is a subjective word. However, homosexuality is not normal. This is explained through science, because man and woman were put on this earth with complementary sex organs meant to procreate the species. This is beyond discussion. By claiming normality in their relationships homosexuals, and attempting to use the government to legally bless their unions, they hope to indoctrinate society to accept it as so. In this process they are affecting one of the freedoms most parents desire to have for their children. That is to have them educated with the understanding of homosexuality that they consider to be self evident. Granted that people have abused this basic tenet of nature in many ways, including homosexuality, this does not alter what should be seen by any rational mind as the fact that homosexuality is not normal. This is not to say that you cannot be gay, you can. But do not ask us, or expect us, to recognize it as valid, and equal to heterosexuality, because it is not. Using the government to force this view upon us is actually setting your movement back.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184400 Mar 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Check with any university library. Hell, Google it, LazyBoy.

You are attempting to provide your boy with a weak dodge. He made a claim, it is not Kimares job to back it up.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184401 Mar 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>People like Randy can't handle being wrong. They will fight it.
Except that I am not wrong.
Some Never Came Home

Beacon, NY

#184402 Mar 24, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not QUITE what the american pediatrics association said last week, when they came out in favor of gay marraige.
Actually the American Academy of pediatricians came out with a very good study years ago! And here it is! You are spot on!

What the Academy of Pediatricians have to say about same sex parenting and same sex marriage!

www.cga.ct.gov/jud/old/SameSexMarriage/AmAcPe...
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184403 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Normal is a subjective word. However, homosexuality is not normal. This is explained through science, because man and woman were put on this earth with complementary sex organs meant to procreate the species. This is beyond discussion. By claiming normality in their relationships homosexuals, and attempting to use the government to legally bless their unions, they hope to indoctrinate society to accept it as so. In this process they are affecting one of the freedoms most parents desire to have for their children. That is to have them educated with the understanding of homosexuality that they consider to be self evident. Granted that people have abused this basic tenet of nature in many ways, including homosexuality, this does not alter what should be seen by any rational mind as the fact that homosexuality is not normal. This is not to say that you cannot be gay, you can. But do not ask us, or expect us, to recognize it as valid, and equal to heterosexuality, because it is not. Using the government to force this view upon us is actually setting your movement back.
"homosexuals are not normal, this has been proven by science...'

from there you inject your own beliefs, instead of citing some hard research.

"man and women were put on this earth with complimentary sex organs"..........is that your proof?

kinda specualting there arnt we??

that looked more like a short cut to thinking.

who really knows what is "normal"??

"normal" might just be a safe place for bigots to hide.

and that is about it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184404 Mar 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"The petitioners [Lawrence and Garner] are entitled to respect for their private lives. The State CANNOT DEMEAN THEIR EXISTENCE OR CONTROL THEIR DESTINY by making their private sexual conduct a crime." (Justice Anthony Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas).
Sounds like he was saying that homosexual behavior cannot be considered a crime. And if it's not a crime and heterosexual behavior is not a crime, then they must be equally legal under the law.
Neither is alcoholism a crime, but we can all agree that it is wrong.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184405 Mar 24, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the American Academy of pediatricians came out with a very good study years ago! And here it is! You are spot on!
What the Academy of Pediatricians have to say about same sex parenting and same sex marriage!
www.cga.ct.gov/jud/old/SameSexMarriage/AmAcPe...
BAMM! timely of me huh?
Some Never Came Home

Beacon, NY

#184406 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry but being gay is normal! Hmmmm....Who do we listen to the world wide authority's on the subject and the vast majority of Psychiatrists and Psychologists or YOU? I believe the answer is self evident! You are full of shyte! And YES you couldn't be more wrong! Poor,poor little guy!
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184407 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Except that I am not wrong.
you are only "not wrong" inside that little bigoted bubble of yours that is about to collapse around you.

the rest of us "normal" people dont discriminate based on individual sexual preferences.

you see, to the rest of us "normal " people.....gay marraige is NOT a moral issue.

it is mearly another civil rights fight.

one that you are losing quite rapidly.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184408 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Neither is alcoholism a crime, but we can all agree that it is wrong.
there ya go again, eqauting homosexuals with something else that has NOTHING to do with it, just because it is looked down upon(heavy obnoxious drinkers)

get a clue bigot.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184409 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
"homosexuals are not normal, this has been proven by science...'
from there you inject your own beliefs, instead of citing some hard research.
"man and women were put on this earth with complimentary sex organs"..........is that your proof?
kinda specualting there arnt we??
that looked more like a short cut to thinking.
who really knows what is "normal"??
"normal" might just be a safe place for bigots to hide.
and that is about it.
Cherry picking, are we?
"man and women were put on this earth with complimentary sex organs"..........is that your proof?" Ummm.....yes. Anything that disputes this is utter nonsense. "kinda specualting there arnt we??" Umm....no.
"who really knows what is "normal"?? "Normal" is a subjective word. Most of the time, it is used in place of "usually".
""homosexuals are not normal, this has been proven by science...'
from there you inject your own beliefs, instead of citing some hard research." Science has shown us that if it were not for man and woman being designed for one another, we would not be here, at all. Does this, also, sound like mere speculation?
"that looked more like a short cut to thinking." No, it has been exhaustively studied through the centuries and stood up to every test, until now. Merely throw in some legalese and enough wanna-be lawyer types, and add a few libertines and we arrive at our current point.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184410 Mar 24, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but being gay is normal! Hmmmm....Who do we listen to the world wide authority's on the subject and the vast majority of Psychiatrists and Psychologists or YOU? I believe the answer is self evident! You are full of shyte! And YES you couldn't be more wrong! Poor,poor little guy!
Aww, yer so cute with that attempt to be patronizing. Aren't you just the little fella?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184411 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
you are only "not wrong" inside that little bigoted bubble of yours that is about to collapse around you.
the rest of us "normal" people dont discriminate based on individual sexual preferences.
you see, to the rest of us "normal " people.....gay marraige is NOT a moral issue.
it is mearly another civil rights fight.
one that you are losing quite rapidly.
Oh, the cute widdle way you have of claiming that you represent all the other people is so precocious. Except that you do not speak for the majority of people, you merely speak for yourself. And claim the majority is behind you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Polanski loses bid to dismiss 1977 case 3 hr Clear Dharma 3
Protesters Clash With Police in Hollywood Dec 13 give em enuf rope 2
Cosby Dec 12 Kristin 5
What Gwyneth Paltrow Has to Do With Saving the ... Dec 10 doon cune 11
Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Dec 9 Zeb 11
Two Freeways Shut Down By Major Fire In LA Dec 9 Sandy 1
'I Like Working With Pain-In-The-Ass, Douchey M... (Feb '13) Dec 6 eecommerce 3

Hollywood News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match