Students look to 2012 after immigrati...

Students look to 2012 after immigration bill fails

There are 129 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Dec 20, 2010, titled Students look to 2012 after immigration bill fails. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

Emboldened by months of phone calls to lawmakers, hunger strikes and sit-ins, a group of college students and graduates in Los Angeles say they plan to take their fight for immigrant rights to the states and the 2012 election after Senate Republicans blocked a key piece of legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Anonymous

Manhasset, NY

#121 Jan 27, 2011
Tired of Nobody Listening wrote:
It's not immigrants that the people are opposed to. The term "illegal" that has people upset. If they followed the rules that everyone else has to follow...we wouldn't have the problem. It's pretty simple, but no one wants to hear this. They want to blame, blame, blame. They want something for nothing. Sorry, there are laws. The may stink, but they are there. If we break laws as citizens, there is punishment. Why do those who are committing "illegal" acts in our country not get punished...but are rewarded for it? Come on. Really? That's what the whole problem is, but NOT ONE of these people in this article will want to hear that. It's not hatred, it's not a racial thing. It's common sense! If you're not hear legally...you're illegal. That's not something that should be tolerated in this country.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/hispani...

THROUGH LOVE OF HAVING CHILDREN

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/20...
laughing girl

Modesto, CA

#122 Jan 27, 2011
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess the problem is you're an idiot.
First you want to assume now you want to Guess?? get the facts then you can come at me.. mmmmmkay..........
laughing girl

Modesto, CA

#123 Jan 27, 2011
deportillegals wrote:
your basing your views on the negative aspects not the positive..
Jennifer

Davis, CA

#124 Jan 27, 2011
laughing girl wrote:
<quoted text>
First you want to assume now you want to Guess?? get the facts then you can come at me.. mmmmmkay..........
I'm sorry but you're the one who is sticking your nose into my business. If you didn't know guess and assume have the same definition. Go irritate someone else. Have a nice day!
laughing girl

Modesto, CA

#126 Jan 28, 2011
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you're the one who is sticking your nose into my business. If you didn't know guess and assume have the same definition. Go irritate someone else. Have a nice day!
Ya, I know they have the same meaning. I wanted to make sure that you got my point...about your business sweetie you posted a blog so it makes it public... If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen... Bye =) TGIF
Wadauknow

Woodland, CA

#127 Feb 3, 2011
laughing girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me missy what does being here illegally have to do with learing? It just shows how ignorant you are..
Those that came through Ellis Island came to better America. Those coming from Mexico are coming to take from those that made this land better. That is the difference.
Wadauknow

Woodland, CA

#128 Feb 3, 2011
laughing girl wrote:
<quoted text>
your basing your views on the negative aspects not the positive..
Put the negative sise on one side of a piece of paper and the positive on the other. Many negative. No positive. Go ahead, list the positive.

Since: Jul 10

San Francisco, CA

#129 Feb 3, 2011
laughing girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me missy what does being here illegally have to do with learing? It just shows how ignorant you are..
Being here ILLEGALLY has a lot to do with learning City Bimbo. Oh, sorry my mistake, your name is Laughing Girl this week. Now, call me out for not having "facts" but I'm going to ASSUME illegals in this country don't know enough ENGLISH (the language we speak here in AMERICA) to get through a day in school. So, our school systems have to slow down the agenda so those who don't understand ENGLISH (the language we speak here in AMERICA) can catch up. "No Child Left Behind" And lets not forget the failed attempt of "The Dream Act" to have ILLEGALS get a free education ride, just because they are illegal. So, City Bimbo, illegals being here has A LOT to do with learning. If your so proud to be MEXICAN and want to prance around with your MEXICAN flag and your MEXICAN circus music blaring, then go back to MEXICO.
Klaus

Apple Hill, Canada

#130 Feb 3, 2011
citygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they stole any seet.. they earned it.. You just don't get into college you have to make it in..
Non-White latino vermin get into college ahead of FAR better qualified White kids due to the evils fo affirmative action. That's just another way these parasites take what they don't deserve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xavier AG CA Sun Liberals make me ... 1
Chelsea handler Sun Liberals make me ... 3
Harvey Weinstein: Shows up at Golden Globes AP... Sun Liberals make me ... 3
no oprah for president Sun Liberals make me ... 3
Pedophile Ring in Hollywood. Sun Liberals make me ... 3
News First Oscars of awards season to be bestowed on... Sun Liberals make me ... 5
News Diversity highlighted at L.A. Asian Pacific Fil... (Apr '16) May '16 frofro 3

Downtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downtown Mortgages