Thousands turn out to support immigra...

Thousands turn out to support immigrant rights

There are 396 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from May 1, 2010, titled Thousands turn out to support immigrant rights. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

In a boisterous but peaceful display, tens of thousands of people marched through Downtown on Saturday to support immigrant rights and decry Arizona's new anti-illegal-immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#1 May 1, 2010
75% of AZ supports teh law. And it IS a law that need to be enforced nation wide. Ilegals are law breakers and do not deserve to stay here
james 626

United States

#2 May 1, 2010
Now I know why my gardener didn't show up today
kookfighter

La Puente, CA

#3 May 1, 2010
and millions stayed away in support of the Arizona legislation!
Frontals

Chino, CA

#4 May 1, 2010
What part of "illegal" do the liberals not understand?
Any other country in Europe mandates guestworkers to register and unregister in the cities they live in, or even legal citizens, for that matter, within 2 weeks. If not, you are jailed. It's as simple as that. I know. I lived there for a few years. All Arizona is asking for is to ask for papers. What in the h*** is going on in this country?
The ACLU,(American Communist Lawyers Union) has dismantled our country into a third world spiral.
Yup Yup

Menifee, CA

#5 May 1, 2010
Sorry illegals. If I have to carry my driver's license everywhere I go and can be asked to see it at any time by law enforcement, then you should have to carry some sort of documentation and show it also.
Framalamadocious

Whittier, CA

#6 May 1, 2010
james 626 wrote:
Now I know why my gardener didn't show up today
So now we know, Jimmah...it is you, hiring illegals because you are to busy telling AIDS jokes and planning your next date rape to cut your own lawn. Don't you know that it is people like you that encourage illegal Mexicans andLatin Americans to keep coming to this country. Just like the hypocrits all you "patriots" are...talking out both sides of your mouth. I bet your one of the Tea Baggers, complaining about your taxes, while cheating on them every year. Don't you know you can't claim GBH as a business expense?
Framalamadocious

Whittier, CA

#7 May 1, 2010
Frontals wrote:
What part of "illegal" do the liberals not understand?
Any other country in Europe mandates guestworkers to register and unregister in the cities they live in, or even legal citizens, for that matter, within 2 weeks. If not, you are jailed. It's as simple as that. I know. I lived there for a few years. All Arizona is asking for is to ask for papers. What in the h*** is going on in this country?
The ACLU,(American Communist Lawyers Union) has dismantled our country into a third world spiral.
The part that says you are not supposed to reveal the name of a CIA operative, even if you diasagree with their husband's comments on the war in Iraq. Don't you know righty, when you commit treason, the terrorists win. This is America, not Europe. The great experiment that is the USA was meant to be a departure from how Europeans ruled.
Hell yeah

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 1, 2010
we are taking over baby!
resident

Paramount, CA

#9 May 1, 2010
Hell yeah wrote:
we are taking over baby!
Think twice, this ralley is wasted time, illegals have no rights ,this accomplished nothing, you can not stop the country folling suit and getting rid of all the blood sucking cockroaches.
Hell yeah

Los Angeles, CA

#10 May 1, 2010
taking ova!!! hellz ya.
The Mighty Lomax

Uniontown, PA

#12 May 1, 2010
Hell yeah wrote:
we are taking over baby!
If you mean the hispanics, "Hell No" go back to your own shithole of a country, you ruined it, we will not allow your swarms to ruin us.
Hell yeah

Los Angeles, CA

#13 May 1, 2010
hell ya baby! we are takin over and gonna rule this place.

ya feel me!? hahahaha

hellz ya
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#14 May 1, 2010
ChiliHead wrote:
75% of AZ supports teh law. And it IS a law that need to be enforced nation wide. Ilegals are law breakers and do not deserve to stay here
Where did you get this number? From a poll of McCain supporters? Illegals may be law breakers, but you're a disgrace to the this country by being a citizen who can't spell or compose a complete sentence.
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 1, 2010
The Mighty Lomax wrote:
<quoted text>If you mean the hispanics, "Hell No" go back to your own **** of a country, you ruined it, we will not allow your swarms to ruin us.
Please define the "we?" considering legal Hispanics are becoming the majority in this country. And we love that we have the right to bear arms, and i for one, would love to see you try to evict me.
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 1, 2010
kookfighter wrote:
and millions stayed away in support of the Arizona legislation!
It's a 5 hour drive to Arizona, you're more then welcome to leave California and go to a state that is full of idiots like yourself. That's one less idiot on our roads.
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 1, 2010
resident wrote:
<quoted text>Think twice, this ralley is wasted time, illegals have no rights ,this accomplished nothing, you can not stop the country folling suit and getting rid of all the blood sucking cockroaches.
We are not fighting for rights for illegals you idiot. We're fighting the racial profiling and discrimination of Hispanics. If the law required that EVERYONE carry proof of citizenship we wouldn't have an issue.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#18 May 1, 2010
Other then the right to vote and to become President of these great United States of America just what rights are denied to people who are in this country legally?

If you are here illegally you are a CRIMINAL, It's that simple.
Go back to whatever country you came from, start the process to come here LEGALLY, complete the requirements the goverment asks and I, along with the vast majority of the American people will welcome you with open arms.

It can be done, Trust me, Millions of people have done it over hundreds of years.

If you cant do that then stay in the country of your birth and use your energy to change whatever you find so repugnant about that country.

God bless America.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#19 May 1, 2010
This is exactly what happens when one nation is overwhelmed by people of another nation (with a foreign culture) many of which are here illegally.

These people, their sympathizers, and liberals, don't want our nations laws enforced. They want a free ride.
The Mighty Lomax

Uniontown, PA

#20 May 1, 2010
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define the "we?" considering legal Hispanics are becoming the majority in this country. And we love that we have the right to bear arms, and i for one, would love to see you try to evict me.
If you don't like it, leave it. You want to change this country so it will be a fly-infested shithole like ole Meheeko. You people couldn't run your own country, now you want to wreck ours? I know all about the right to bear arms, around here we all now how to use them, so keep your chicano hoodlums out of our area.
The Mighty Lomax

Uniontown, PA

#21 May 1, 2010
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a 5 hour drive to Arizona, you're more then welcome to leave California and go to a state that is full of idiots like yourself. That's one less idiot on our roads.
He'd be smart to get out of California, being that you and your kind ruined that state. Too
many of your kind swarmed the border and got on public assistance.
Non citizens shouldn't get an iota of taxpayer money, they are swindlers and thieves just like your bandido heroes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Street crimes 14 hr yep 2
Real talk - Starring Satan (Dec '13) Fri _FLATLINE-------- 795
News Women's March attracts enthusiastic crowd Feb 14 OhHummm 12
Meryl Streep ( DECEIVED ) REPENT (Jan '17) Feb 14 texas pete 8
Shut up Robert deniro you stupid SOB! Feb 13 Mr Wonderful 1
Repent Liberals ( REPENT) (Feb '17) Feb 13 great idea 8
All Gays Repent ( REPENT) ( REPENT) (Jan '17) Feb 11 Illumi nation 12

Downtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downtown Mortgages