Downtown Long Beach plan meeting draw...

Downtown Long Beach plan meeting draws mixed bag of supporters, opponents

There are 11 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Downtown Long Beach plan meeting draws mixed bag of supporters, opponents. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Study sessions before the Planning Commission don't typically bring packed houses with sign-waving residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Susan Rothman

Long Beach, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2011
Years of building more and more low income housing near downtown determined that downtown will be too ghetto to thrive and prosper ever again.

Let's stop the madness of pretending we care. Those we elect to the City Council prove we do not care about any hope for future prosperity.
Reality Bites

Long Beach, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2011
Don't we have enough empty condo's, down on Ocean? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? Enough 'diversity' in Long Beach!
Ronald

Westminster, CA

#3 Mar 20, 2011
Susan Rothman wrote:
Years of building more and more low income housing near downtown determined that downtown will be too ghetto to thrive and prosper ever again.
Let's stop the madness of pretending we care. Those we elect to the City Council prove we do not care about any hope for future prosperity.
Susan Rothman.

I agree. The revolutionary council should be spending our hard earned tax money on the cops instead of knuckling under to tear out traffic lanes and to replace them with taxpayer funded bicycle lanes for the enjoyment of wealthy Long Beach families and their trendy bicyclist pals. If the cops had the financial wherewithal to stop the Thug people from loitering about the sidewalks and in their automobiles it might help prevent our children - and defenseless Long Beach homeowners - from getting caught in the crossfire during poorly aimed drivebys.

Ronald
just wait

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2011
Reality Bites wrote:
Don't we have enough empty condo's, down on Ocean? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? Enough 'diversity' in Long Beach!
They're getting them ready for HUD recipients.
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#5 Mar 21, 2011
Reality Bites wrote:
Don't we have enough empty condo's, down on Ocean? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? Enough 'diversity' in Long Beach!
Don't be such a bigot anglo, brown people need housing too! Long Beach isn't just for you rich White people.
Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#6 Mar 21, 2011
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be such a bigot anglo, brown people need housing too! Long Beach isn't just for you rich White people.
You are correct Sir. Long Beach has deteriorated into nothing more than LowenthalLand and every one must reduce all expectations. Our political choices define us as pitiable fools.
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#7 Mar 21, 2011
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct Sir. Long Beach has deteriorated into nothing more than LowenthalLand and every one must reduce all expectations. Our political choices define us as pitiable fools.
Well then all of you "pitiable fools" should just get the hell out of Long Beach, and leave it to us Mexicans! We will appreciate it a lot more than you dumb anglos ever will.
Reality Bites

Long Beach, CA

#8 Mar 21, 2011
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text> Well then all of you "pitiable fools" should just get the hell out of Long Beach, and leave it to us Mexicans! We will appreciate it a lot more than you dumb anglos ever will.
When all of us ' dumb anglos' leave, you do know our MONEY (otherwise known as TAX DOLLARS) leave with us. Riddle me this, who's going to pay for your welfare?????
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#10 Mar 22, 2011
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
When all of us ' dumb anglos' leave, you do know our MONEY (otherwise known as TAX DOLLARS) leave with us. Riddle me this, who's going to pay for your welfare?????
We are not worried anglo! Obama and the Federal government will always take care of us!:)
Reality Bites

Long Beach, CA

#11 Mar 22, 2011
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text> We are not worried anglo! Obama and the Federal government will always take care of us!:)
LOL, I repeat, with what money? Our tax dollars are going to Iraq, Afghanistan and now, the idiot in 'charge' is planning to waste our tax dollars in ANOTHER useless 'war' in Libya... Who gives a crap about Mexico's trash?
Carlos

Modesto, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2011
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I repeat, with what money? Our tax dollars are going to Iraq, Afghanistan and now, the idiot in 'charge' is planning to waste our tax dollars in ANOTHER useless 'war' in Libya... Who gives a crap about Mexico's trash?
How stupid can you anglos be? Don't you know that Presidente Obama has a printing press, and a Chinese credit card with no limit? How do you think he is paying for your new war in Libya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blond 52 min lowest point 126
The Anthrpology / History Debate of the Century 4 hr Gerry Zaragemca 2
kelly rippa Tue seriously 1
News Jackie Glass returns to roots with television gig (Sep '11) Aug 27 thug expert 7
News Police Investigate Murder-Suicide Incident In C... Aug 27 Vee 3
News California Dreaming, Still Aug 22 Robert Benson 1
News Johnny Rockets burger chain entering El Paso; B... Jul '15 butters_ 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downtown Mortgages