LA mayor: Freeway to reopen starting at

LA mayor: Freeway to reopen starting at

There are 2 comments on the Salon story from Jul 17, 2011, titled LA mayor: Freeway to reopen starting at. In it, Salon reports that:

A 10-mile stretch of one of the nation's busiest freeways will reopen beginning late Sunday morning because bridge work on the roadway was completed 16 hours ahead of schedule, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.

Tony supporter

Carlsbad, CA

#1 Jul 18, 2011
Thank you Tony! You are the best Mayor LA has ever had.

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 29, 2011
Are you friggin' KIDDING?!?! "The BEST Mayor we've ever had?!? Yeah, the BEST at screwing up Los Angeles. The taxes are HIGHER and cause bussinesses to flee in droves. He presides over a council filled with people that only use their office as a political stepping stone. He has staff members running for the door to get away from him. He takes free items and tickets (Thus my favorite name for him: Tony Free-loader-Raigosa)from political cronies attempting to kiss-up to him for favors. He cheated on his wife, lied to the public about it ("Oh, my wedding ring? I lost weight and am having it re-sized.") and took up with a bubble-head on a Spanish TV station. Then he dumped her like a hot pottoe when the press caught wind that she was reporting on his stories when they where romantically involved. And now he's shacking up with Lu Parker, another media talking head.

Yeah, he's THE BEST mayor ever. What a crock! Oh, and let's not forget he really doesn't know what's going on in his city. Remember the "GOLD CARD PARKING DESK" fiasco? How can he say he wasn't aware of the program? He's the friggin' Mayor and absolute responsibility falls at his tap-dancin' feet. Either that or he's lying again. Maybe if he spend more time IN the city instead of galavanting all over the country sticking his face into camera lenses wherever he can find one.

It's obvious he is sniffing around for another job because it's over for him in this town. He hasn't worked an honest job in his entire life.(Union labor organizer? Pleeeeeze. You got paid out of dues paid by workers who actually WORKED!) And that tattoo on his arm "Born to Raise Hell"? Really? He couldn't even raise a FAMILY, let alone his own self awareness.

Oh, and by the way, Mayor Tony the Timid had NOTHING to do with the freeway job: IT WAS CALTRANS, not the City of Los Angeles. Tony just mashed his face into the press cameras and stole the show from the actual people who planned, executed and brought the project in ahead of schedule. Typical of the do-nothing-and-take-all the-credit type of guy he is.

Yup, he's the best all right. But that's only if you think a guy with those traits is someone to admire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lisa Vanderpump Is Unsure if She'll Return to '... (Jun '15) Dec 20 Pawlu 3
Black Widow Dec '16 Richie Rich 1
News Boston takes parking lessons from L.A., Seattle Dec '16 Strike three 2
News Reports say Kanye West has been hospitalized in... Nov '16 checkmate 10
News Anti-Trump protests continue at Southern Califo... Nov '16 Guest 4
News It's time to take a stand against homelessness ... Nov '16 vote for Trump 1
Bishop Charles Edward will be exposed in 2012/s... (Feb '12) Nov '16 John Carter 13

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages