Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211597 Aug 22, 2013
! clueless, 1 nuts and only 1 disagree? I disagree!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211598 Aug 22, 2013
At least give me two nuts so I don't feel so odd, different, unusual.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211602 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he's referring to the fuzzy expressway.
Oh no maybe he is. The Hershey highway?
Trapper John

Monrovia, CA

#211603 Aug 22, 2013
Two peeped to poop?

Ah, shut your traps
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211604 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
commonpeeps...So do you support same sex marriage or not..
If not why?
Guess you're gonna skip all the difficult stuff, huh? So here goes, firstly the 'true' and 'original' definition of marriage does NOT support two men or two woman union. Period! Some how people don't like a definition of a word and can just change it?? Hows that?? Secondly I really really don't give a rats ass what two people do to or between themselves, screw, do drugs, fight, kill each other (mutual combat) what ever. When it starts to affect me then I have something to complain about.(I can already read your tiny mind "so how does it affect you?") You will NEVER understand that position. Third, homosexual behavior has, is and always will be against all rules of man, nature ,common decency and moral belief. LET ME POST THIS TO ALL YOU QUEERS I DID NOT SAY R E L I G I O N !!! I have NO intention of convincing you of any thing, that would mean I care about you and believe me I do not give a day old crap about you or your gay crew.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211605 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no maybe he is. The Hershey highway?
You just had to go there huh? It's a rock stretched out tunnel of a road.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211606 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211607 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So wont answer....Ok run off now.
Decency common or not is wide range. hating someone or trying to keep someone from there life style is not decent. YOU LOSE.
You're still an idiot. To hate you would mean I give you a bit of concern, believe me, you do not concern me at all. I don't even know you. I do know that if you are an ass crack seeking gaylord your habits are disgusting in more ways than I can explain. xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211608 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So wont answer....Ok run off now.
You're like the little punk kid that flips the bird as she's running away.
sheesh

Montgomery Village, MD

#211609 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
For your information, we did not get any information from Pat Robertson, for we do not even listen to his program at all. We told the forum that we got our information from a organization of which we support on all the topics that they are involved with. It is called ( saveCalifornia.com ), but the site is "NOT BORN THAT WAY". Pat Robertson may support this group of which we are not aware of, but that is not the issue here. Lesbians can be cured and I have heard many testimonies that homosexuals left that sin and had a difficult time forgiving themselves and also asking God to forgive them, but they did come out of the closet and became straight again. God loves you and he can heal you for God is the Creator of all things and he did not create homosexuals as we stated in the our last thread. He created a perfect world and then man began to disobey Him.
Your favorite website is a sham. There is no science present on that website. What you fail to understand is that testimonials are not scientific evidence.
Your favorite website is dishonest in referencing Dr. Francis Collins with the following statement:

your link wrote:
Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the Genome Project, has stated that while homosexuality may be genetically influenced, it is “… not hardwired by DNA, and (that) whatever genes are involved represent predispositions, not predetermination[s].” He also states that “…the prominent role of individual free will choices have a profound effect on us.
His response to this:
Dr Collins wrote:
It troubles me greatly to learn that anything I have written would cause anguish for you or others who are seeking answers to the basis of homosexuality. The words quoted by NARTH all come from the Appendix to my book “The Language of God”(pp. 260-263), but have been juxtaposed in a way that suggests a somewhat different conclusion that I intended. I would urge anyone who is concerned about the meaning to refer back to the original text.
This is what he actually said in his book:
page 260 wrote:
An area of particularly strong public interest is the genetic basis of homosexuality. Evidence from twin studies does in fact support the conclusion that heritable factors play a role in male homosexuality. However, the likelihood that the identical twin of a homosexual male will also be gay is about 20%(compared with 2-4 percent of males in the general population), indicating that sexual orientation is genetically influenced but not hardwired by DNA, and that whatever genes are involved represent predispositions, not predeterminations.
Your evidence is based upon deception.

What does the Bible tell us about dishonesty?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211612 Aug 22, 2013
just skip away little princess.
Heme tods

Monrovia, CA

#211613 Aug 22, 2013
Two peeped to poop?

Ah, shut your traps and get your hmen roids fixed.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211614 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>They're just religious bigots, to them anyone with any morally structured beliefs is the enema. That's just worng, if it were enema they'd probably enjoy it more, enemy,.
They have hate and ignorance propped up on arrogance. Idiots on a popsicle stick.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211615 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Play on Freeway? Stick finger in light socket? Continue to post stupid stuff?
Yeah f-man quit posting that sameoldstupidstuff.
Bucket List

Monrovia, CA

#211616 Aug 22, 2013
Leaving fools like this on a city council is dangerous as is have a fool of a city attorney too.

As I recall dorks like Douglas Tessitor and Gene Murabito of the Glendora, California city council have felt the fury of Gil Aguirre in the court of law and the douc Glendora city attorney D. Wayne Leech and Associates of El Monte, California took it in the shorts when they lost this, another legal rulings by honest judges.

11001 E. Valley Mall, Suite #200
El Monte, CA 91731

These kind of people just like to make a mess out of the truth.
sheesh

Jackson Heights, NY

#211617 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Whoever kookaa is, We are telling you right now that we will not allow you to change our posts of what we actually have been saying. This is something that is NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL. We would never change anything that you say, so what kind of person are you anyway? For anyone on the forum, would you allow people to change your words and direct something that you said be changed to be evil?
Yet you will rely, tenaciously, upon an changed version of the Bible. You will rely on a website that practices deceit for your “facts” and “science.” Blasphemy and bearing false witness. Care to go for a trifecta?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211618 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is as real and as legal and as valid as any other religion.
You are just a non-believer :D
I personally think Christianity is a joke, my thinking that doesn’t change anything just as your thinking about FSM doesn’t change anything.
This is a sad joke, meant to put yourself on equal footing with people who really do have a belief in a higher power. You are insulting all of those people with this sort of silliness about a flying bowl of spaghetti that is responsible for all of creation.
This is beyond childish.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211619 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh, you must have gone to the wrong site because there is testimonies and also doctors that have research genes and homosexuals did not get a gene to make them what they are. We will not discuss this with you any longer. We hope that we have not offended you in anyway, but my husband and I cannot change what God has revealed to us through His Scriptures. Thank you for all your comments, for we are still searching ourselves to know how much more we can serve our Creator.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211620 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe just as much as Christians believe Christ who told them it is not thier place to judge.:)
As I can prove that Pastafarians believe in their religion just as much as Christians do, that puts them on equal footing, belief wise :)
Ah. I thought so. "Equal footing" my ass. You well know that a bowl of spaghetti didn't create anything.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211621 Aug 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like the opposite of the westboro woman, suzaane henderson and her husband. Really big D? Thought you were higher then that?
Oh, he's high, alright...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite bans, Selfie Stick alive and well Apr 7 Alice Pattinson 1
News People confirms Bruce Jenner 'transitioning int... Apr 1 concerned American 36
News Carlton Gebbia implies Kyle Richards doesn't se... (Mar '14) Mar '15 Frank Lee 3
News Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... (Oct '14) Nov '14 star writer 3
News Obama helps raise campaign cash for Democrats a... (Oct '14) Oct '14 the Light 8
News Actress Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a slew of celebr... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ThenObamaLandGrab... 1
News Obama raising money in California for Democrats (Oct '14) Oct '14 ObamaProtestSetFo... 1
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]