Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,107)

Showing posts 162,121 - 162,140 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>

...some of the people who post here need to be studied by mental health professional...
Starting with you and Pancake Dan.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
a sixteen year old gay male, who REALLY REALLY wants to date a man twice his age??
qualifies as a "non-troversy"...
fact is, you cANT keep them apart if they LOve each other!!
It qualifies as a felony. Don't do it.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Was Harvey Milk perfect? No... Did anyone think that he would become known worldwide as an outspoken advocate for gay rights? Probably not...

He was unique in that he had a vision of what the world could be like for gays. And he was a product of the times--the sexual revolution--the free love movement.

It's highly unlikely that he would have gone much further in politics other than the city office he briefly held. We'll never know since he was gunned down.

And it was his killing that really galvanized the gay community in San Francisco, which eventually spread across the country.

So, say what you will about Harvey Milk and his personal mistakes, but his life and murder is one of the things that started the modern LGBT movement. Just because you don't agree with the way he lived his early personal life, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Furthermore, I guarantee there are high ranking politicians who are in office today, who also have skeletons in their closets.

Does that mean that their positive impact on society should be tossed out?

Martin Luther King Jr. is alleged to have been an adulterer. Should that make his powerful movement for civil rights any less of an accomplishment?

John F. Kennedy was also a womanizer. But he did amazing things.

FDR had affairs. Yet he is considered to be one of the greatest presidents our country has ever seen.

Strom Thurmond, who held great political power for many, many years. When he was 23, he had an "affair" with his mother's 15 year old maid. She became pregnant and gave birth to Essie Mae Washington-Williams.

Thurmond was elected Governor of South Carolina in 1947 and stayed in politics as a U.S. senator until 2003.

Obviously, today we look at Thurmond's record regarding racial inequality and think of him as a bigot. But for many, many years, the state of South Carolina heralded him.

I guess what I hope that you take way from this is that people make mistakes in their lives. Some atone for their errors, some don't. But there is a tenet of Christianity regarding "forgiveness".

And I think that in Harvey's situation, as well as other people's lives, we would do well to remember that core, Christian principle.
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

the gay marriage agenda is the beginning of a diabolical trend to make the homosexual life style legitimate ,..
it is a plan that envisions the gay life style as totally 'normal' and acceptable through out the American society and eventually the world

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
a sixteen year old gay male, who REALLY REALLY wants to date a man twice his age??
Maybe you can take a stand for Sandusky.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Was Harvey Milk perfect? No...
We are not talking about a sin here, he broke the law.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect the laws pervert. Love can wait til the age of 18

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that it is okay for someone in their 30s to be having sexual relationships with teenagers, but you need to realise that sex with a 16 y.o. doesn't make one a pedophile.
What ever it's called, it's illegal and the fact that milk preyed on boys that age would qualify him for some bad name.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Was Harvey Milk perfect? No... Did anyone think that he would become known worldwide as an outspoken advocate for gay rights? Probably not...
He was unique in that he had a vision of what the world could be like for gays. And he was a product of the times--the sexual revolution--the free love movement.
It's highly unlikely that he would have gone much further in politics other than the city office he briefly held. We'll never know since he was gunned down.
And it was his killing that really galvanized the gay community in San Francisco, which eventually spread across the country.
So, say what you will about Harvey Milk and his personal mistakes, but his life and murder is one of the things that started the modern LGBT movement. Just because you don't agree with the way he lived his early personal life, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Furthermore, I guarantee there are high ranking politicians who are in office today, who also have skeletons in their closets.
Does that mean that their positive impact on society should be tossed out?
Martin Luther King Jr. is alleged to have been an adulterer. Should that make his powerful movement for civil rights any less of an accomplishment?
John F. Kennedy was also a womanizer. But he did amazing things.
FDR had affairs. Yet he is considered to be one of the greatest presidents our country has ever seen.
Strom Thurmond, who held great political power for many, many years. When he was 23, he had an "affair" with his mother's 15 year old maid. She became pregnant and gave birth to Essie Mae Washington-Williams.
Thurmond was elected Governor of South Carolina in 1947 and stayed in politics as a U.S. senator until 2003.
Obviously, today we look at Thurmond's record regarding racial inequality and think of him as a bigot. But for many, many years, the state of South Carolina heralded him.
I guess what I hope that you take way from this is that people make mistakes in their lives. Some atone for their errors, some don't. But there is a tenet of Christianity regarding "forgiveness".
And I think that in Harvey's situation, as well as other people's lives, we would do well to remember that core, Christian principle.
There is a proposal to name SFO after Harvey Milk. I don't know what's become of it. I have no problem with it, it reflects San Francisco's colorful history and diversity.

And it will make for good jokes from my crude New York relatives when they come to visit! I can hear them now..."We'll be "flying" into Harvey Milk Airport around 'cock'tail hour..."

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
HE SEES what he WANTS to see...
he is only in his late 40's, but he might as well belong to his dad's generation.
Or I respect the law, even when I was 18, I never had sex with a girl underage. And when I was 30, I never would think of having any kind of sexual relationship with a 16 year old.
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

we have hear about sandusky - to the point of ad nauseam -
but the press is silent ,....when it comes to the set of 'sesame street',it turns out that was a hot bed of male homosexual pedophilia -
the main stream press refuses to touch it
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Respect the laws pervert. Love can wait til the age of 18
you can spread your message of "love' to the proper parties..

:)
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Or I respect the law, even when I was 18, I never had sex with a girl underage. And when I was 30, I never would think of having any kind of sexual relationship with a 16 year old.
whatever!

it happens...

deal.

mabey it is a good reason to be Pro-birth control

but i think you are?? right?
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

jose cruze III wrote:
the gay marriage agenda is the beginning of a diabolical trend to make the homosexual life style legitimate ,..
it is a plan that envisions the gay life style as totally 'normal' and acceptable through out the American society and eventually the world
I think that would be a pertainate post if it were 1975...

the world already passed you by...

sorry.

gay marraige being voted on9by states) and accepted, is officially a "nontroversy"..the first one was almost 10 years ago

because the courts are likely going to refer to states rule(the tenth) and let the progressive states approve it, while letting the bigots stew in their hatred, and oppress their gay folks...

congradulations!!
anti gay

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

They should all burn in hell!!!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
you can spread your message of "love' to the proper parties..
:)
both parties support that law, pervert.
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

the gay life style can never be legitimate ,...
no matter what the so called modern progressives do to manipulate the truth ,..
the acceptance of such an agenda reflects the dementia of western society
the progressive movement is the bellwether , eventually resulting in the death of western civilization
and ..essentially guaranteeing the Muslims will eventually dominate the earth
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever!
it happens...
deal.
mabey it is a good reason to be Pro-birth control
but i think you are?? right?
Bet you wouldn't say "whatever! it happens..." if some 30 year old greasy slob was slick-legging your 16 year old daughter tough guy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming tide is to allow gay marriage. I wouldn't worry about those diminishing squinty eyed fools not liking it. Within 10 years it will be a non-issue if Tommy Two Tones wants to marry Slim Jim.
After that it will be a non issue if Kody marries, legally his wives.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a "non-issue" too Pancake.
Atta boy Frankie.... Welcome back paisan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,121 - 162,140 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brentwood Discussions

Search the Brentwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Pack coal in deep 7,328
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Hole 15,676
Donations to Trayvon Martin's Parents Pay for L... (Apr '12) 10 hr cee eye seven 3
Dump sewage from your RV, go to jail (Sep '10) Tue I DRINK SEWAGE 11
Services Provided By Gene Choe Tue GENE CHOE SUSPENDED 3
Miley Cyrus Shares Photo Of Duck-Face Oxygen Ma... Apr 20 Miley Cyrus 1
Jessie to make Disney history with TV engagement Apr 19 Debby Ryan 1
•••
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
•••