Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185593 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what a bunch of bullshit. Harvey Milk was no pedophile you loon...LOL!!!
I suppose Bugs Bunny was a mass murderer then.
LOL!!!
I guess you would not see it that way, but the law disagrees with you Dan. 30 year old's are not allowed to have sex with 16 year old's. period.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185594 Mar 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that it is okay for someone in their 30s to be having sexual relationships with teenagers, but you need to realise that sex with a 16 y.o. doesn't make one a pedophile.
But it does make one a criminal in California. And potentially a felon.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185595 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming tide is to allow gay marriage. I wouldn't worry about those diminishing squinty eyed fools not liking it. Within 10 years it will be a non-issue if Tommy Two Tones wants to marry Slim Jim.
You're a "non-issue" too Pancake.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185596 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..in other words you are an atheist.
ill not burden you with nuances and complexities...

you guys tend to to think in black and white terms...

you are a socially conservative republican after all.

But no, you got it wrong....

WE can be spirtual with really being religious...

ask another smart person for confirmation, boy.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185597 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming tide is to allow gay marriage. I wouldn't worry about those diminishing squinty eyed fools not liking it. Within 10 years it will be a non-issue if Tommy Two Tones wants to marry Slim Jim.
That is why i came to this thread while the cases were being heard in washington..

...to watch the demented alien-like bigots, squirm...

it is highly entertaining!

kind of like hanging out in the cantina on tatooine..

some of the people who post here need to be studied by mental health professional...

for future generations to know what to avoid.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185598 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It's against the law. It's perversion.
a sixteen year old gay male, who REALLY REALLY wants to date a man twice his age??

qualifies as a "non-troversy"...

fact is, you cANT keep them apart if they LOve each other!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185599 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>

...some of the people who post here need to be studied by mental health professional...
Starting with you and Pancake Dan.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185600 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
a sixteen year old gay male, who REALLY REALLY wants to date a man twice his age??
It qualifies as a felony. Don't do it.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185601 Mar 30, 2013
Was Harvey Milk perfect? No... Did anyone think that he would become known worldwide as an outspoken advocate for gay rights? Probably not...

He was unique in that he had a vision of what the world could be like for gays. And he was a product of the times--the sexual revolution--the free love movement.

It's highly unlikely that he would have gone much further in politics other than the city office he briefly held. We'll never know since he was gunned down.

And it was his killing that really galvanized the gay community in San Francisco, which eventually spread across the country.

So, say what you will about Harvey Milk and his personal mistakes, but his life and murder is one of the things that started the modern LGBT movement. Just because you don't agree with the way he lived his early personal life, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Furthermore, I guarantee there are high ranking politicians who are in office today, who also have skeletons in their closets.

Does that mean that their positive impact on society should be tossed out?

Martin Luther King Jr. is alleged to have been an adulterer. Should that make his powerful movement for civil rights any less of an accomplishment?

John F. Kennedy was also a womanizer. But he did amazing things.

FDR had affairs. Yet he is considered to be one of the greatest presidents our country has ever seen.

Strom Thurmond, who held great political power for many, many years. When he was 23, he had an "affair" with his mother's 15 year old maid. She became pregnant and gave birth to Essie Mae Washington-Williams.

Thurmond was elected Governor of South Carolina in 1947 and stayed in politics as a U.S. senator until 2003.

Obviously, today we look at Thurmond's record regarding racial inequality and think of him as a bigot. But for many, many years, the state of South Carolina heralded him.

I guess what I hope that you take way from this is that people make mistakes in their lives. Some atone for their errors, some don't. But there is a tenet of Christianity regarding "forgiveness".

And I think that in Harvey's situation, as well as other people's lives, we would do well to remember that core, Christian principle.
jose cruze III

AOL

#185602 Mar 30, 2013
the gay marriage agenda is the beginning of a diabolical trend to make the homosexual life style legitimate ,..
it is a plan that envisions the gay life style as totally 'normal' and acceptable through out the American society and eventually the world

Elk Grove, CA

#185603 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can take a stand for Sandusky.

Elk Grove, CA

#185604 Mar 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Was Harvey Milk perfect? No...
We are not talking about a sin here, he broke the law.

Elk Grove, CA

#185605 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect the laws pervert. Love can wait til the age of 18

Elk Grove, CA

#185606 Mar 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that it is okay for someone in their 30s to be having sexual relationships with teenagers, but you need to realise that sex with a 16 y.o. doesn't make one a pedophile.
What ever it's called, it's illegal and the fact that milk preyed on boys that age would qualify him for some bad name.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185607 Mar 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Was Harvey Milk perfect? No... Did anyone think that he would become known worldwide as an outspoken advocate for gay rights? Probably not...
He was unique in that he had a vision of what the world could be like for gays. And he was a product of the times--the sexual revolution--the free love movement.
It's highly unlikely that he would have gone much further in politics other than the city office he briefly held. We'll never know since he was gunned down.
And it was his killing that really galvanized the gay community in San Francisco, which eventually spread across the country.
So, say what you will about Harvey Milk and his personal mistakes, but his life and murder is one of the things that started the modern LGBT movement. Just because you don't agree with the way he lived his early personal life, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Furthermore, I guarantee there are high ranking politicians who are in office today, who also have skeletons in their closets.
Does that mean that their positive impact on society should be tossed out?
Martin Luther King Jr. is alleged to have been an adulterer. Should that make his powerful movement for civil rights any less of an accomplishment?
John F. Kennedy was also a womanizer. But he did amazing things.
FDR had affairs. Yet he is considered to be one of the greatest presidents our country has ever seen.
Strom Thurmond, who held great political power for many, many years. When he was 23, he had an "affair" with his mother's 15 year old maid. She became pregnant and gave birth to Essie Mae Washington-Williams.
Thurmond was elected Governor of South Carolina in 1947 and stayed in politics as a U.S. senator until 2003.
Obviously, today we look at Thurmond's record regarding racial inequality and think of him as a bigot. But for many, many years, the state of South Carolina heralded him.
I guess what I hope that you take way from this is that people make mistakes in their lives. Some atone for their errors, some don't. But there is a tenet of Christianity regarding "forgiveness".
And I think that in Harvey's situation, as well as other people's lives, we would do well to remember that core, Christian principle.
There is a proposal to name SFO after Harvey Milk. I don't know what's become of it. I have no problem with it, it reflects San Francisco's colorful history and diversity.

And it will make for good jokes from my crude New York relatives when they come to visit! I can hear them now..."We'll be "flying" into Harvey Milk Airport around 'cock'tail hour..."

Elk Grove, CA

#185608 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
HE SEES what he WANTS to see...
he is only in his late 40's, but he might as well belong to his dad's generation.
Or I respect the law, even when I was 18, I never had sex with a girl underage. And when I was 30, I never would think of having any kind of sexual relationship with a 16 year old.
jose cruze III

AOL

#185609 Mar 30, 2013
we have hear about sandusky - to the point of ad nauseam -
but the press is silent ,....when it comes to the set of 'sesame street',it turns out that was a hot bed of male homosexual pedophilia -
the main stream press refuses to touch it
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185610 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Respect the laws pervert. Love can wait til the age of 18
you can spread your message of "love' to the proper parties..

:)
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185611 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Or I respect the law, even when I was 18, I never had sex with a girl underage. And when I was 30, I never would think of having any kind of sexual relationship with a 16 year old.
whatever!

it happens...

deal.

mabey it is a good reason to be Pro-birth control

but i think you are?? right?
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185612 Mar 30, 2013
jose cruze III wrote:
the gay marriage agenda is the beginning of a diabolical trend to make the homosexual life style legitimate ,..
it is a plan that envisions the gay life style as totally 'normal' and acceptable through out the American society and eventually the world
I think that would be a pertainate post if it were 1975...

the world already passed you by...

sorry.

gay marraige being voted on9by states) and accepted, is officially a "nontroversy"..the first one was almost 10 years ago

because the courts are likely going to refer to states rule(the tenth) and let the progressive states approve it, while letting the bigots stew in their hatred, and oppress their gay folks...

congradulations!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tinder taps an age-old truth Nov '14 whocares 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Nov '14 star writer 3
Obama helps raise campaign cash for Democrats a... Oct '14 the Light 8
In Santa Monica, Obama chastises GOP on immigra... Oct '14 barefoot2626 38
Archer School for Girls Expansion Plans Oct '14 Atticus 1
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a slew of celebr... Oct '14 ThenObamaLandGrab... 1
Obama raising money in California for Democrats Oct '14 ObamaProtestSetFo... 1

Brentwood News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brentwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brentwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News