Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,987

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184730 Mar 26, 2013
Has anyone heard from Kimare this afternoon? Was he called before the Supreme Court to offer his "brilliant" comments about male anal sex, cross-cultural constraint crapola and his deep understanding of "epigentics mistake"?

Gosh, having read the arguments presented and questions asked by the justices and I don't believe any of these notions were raised by either side.

LOSER!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184731 Mar 26, 2013
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/18/worlds-ol...
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Stephen G. Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg pounded Cooper for linking marriage to child-bearing, with Kagan asking if states could also prohibit couples over age 55 from getting married. Cooper responded that even in that case, at least one member of the marriage would likely still be fertile, a suggestion that drew laughter from the courtroom."
A 55 year healthy male, marries a 40 healthy female. What are the odds the male can still father children? Hmmmmmm....

Men, if youíre searching for the key to lifelong virility, look no further than the nearest grocery store. Specifically, stock up on vegetables, milk, ghee, almonds and chapatis, an Indian flatbread.

Thatís what a 96-year-old Indian man, whose 52-year-old wife gave birth to a healthy boy on Oct. 5, attributes his vitality to, the†Times of India reports. Ramajit Raghav, who lives about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Delhi in the district of Haryana, claims he is the oldest man in the world to father a child ó breaking a record he set in November 2010, when his first son, Vikramjeet, was born. ABC News was unable to confirm Raghavís age, but the Times of India†reports that Haryana governmentís social-welfare department lists his age as 96.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184732 Mar 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
SCALIA: "Remember, when the framers wrote the Constitution, there were no gays in America. They didn't come here until the nineteen-sixties."
He could not possibly be that uneducated, did that idiot really say that?
Clayton Colwell

Omaha, NE

#184733 Mar 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
SCALIA: "Remember, when the framers wrote the Constitution, there were no gays in America. They didn't come here until the nineteen-sixties."
Well, no. This came from a satirical article -- Scalia never said this.

There are plenty of things Scalia's actually said that one can use to bludgeon him over the head with -- keep the moral high ground and don't rely on fiction.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184734 Mar 26, 2013
Clayton Colwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no. This came from a satirical article -- Scalia never said this.
There are plenty of things Scalia's actually said that one can use to bludgeon him over the head with -- keep the moral high ground and don't rely on fiction.
Thanks, it isnít that I had a high opinion of him, but he could not possibly be that stupid

Knoxville, TN

#184735 Mar 26, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
* Nazi Germany and Japan were defeated in 1945.
* Bans on interracial marriages in Southern states was brought down in 1967.
* The apartheid regime was brought down in 1994.
* And bans on gay marriage was brought down in 2013.
* 1840s and onward, women began to be allowed to own property in their own names.
* Women are given the right to vote 1919
* Segregation and Jim Crow Laws ended 1964
* "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" ended 2012

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184736 Mar 26, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean unlikely? Last time I checked there was something called the 14th amendment on the USA! Why the hell should I be denied equal marriage rights because I live in Pennsylvania? You know the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 that STATE bans on interracial marriage was unconstitutional. Marriage is a fundamental right!
Marriage, a fundamental right, as it been understood as a union of husband and wife.

Knoxville, TN

#184737 Mar 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/ 10/18/worlds-oldest-dad-96-fat hers-another-child/
<quoted text>
A 55 year healthy male, marries a 40 healthy female. What are the odds the male can still father children? Hmmmmmm....
Men, if youíre searching for the key to lifelong virility, look no further than the nearest grocery store. Specifically, stock up on vegetables, milk, ghee, almonds and chapatis, an Indian flatbread.
Thatís what a 96-year-old Indian man, whose 52-year-old wife gave birth to a healthy boy on Oct. 5, attributes his vitality to, the†Times of India reports. Ramajit Raghav, who lives about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Delhi in the district of Haryana, claims he is the oldest man in the world to father a child ó breaking a record he set in November 2010, when his first son, Vikramjeet, was born. ABC News was unable to confirm Raghavís age, but the Times of India†reports that Haryana governmentís social-welfare department lists his age as 96.
Oh yes, by all means, lets encourage men in their 60s, 70s, and 90s to father children. That makes A LOT of sense. No potential for problems related to rearing children when you're a senior citizen. Heck, if you time it just right, your kid will be just old enough to wipe your behind when you become unable to do so yourself.(sarcasm)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184738 Mar 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your qualifications are.....?
Qualifications for determining you are confused as to the definition of "consummation" as it allies to the sexual union of husband and wife? My ability to read.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184739 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He could not possibly be that uneducated, did that idiot really say that?
Obviously Justice Scalia is not as wise as you are Big D. Now when did the word "gay" come into common usage to refer to homosexuals?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184740 Mar 26, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he is stocked up on Pepto Bismol in case he gets sick like he did when Romney lost, the poor old thing.
You remember that, too? He was OUT OF CONTROL when that happened.
William P

La Puente, CA

#184743 Mar 26, 2013
Subject: Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.

I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:

"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

Knoxville, TN

#184744 Mar 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Qualifications for determining you are confused as to the definition of "consummation" as it allies to the sexual union of husband and wife? My ability to read.
From a quick Google search...

"Most states consider a couple to be married when the ceremony ends. Lack of subsequent sexual relations does not automatically affect the validity of the marriage, although in some states non-consummation could be a basis for having the marriage annulled."

"Consummation of marriage refers to the first time the husband and wife co-habit together or engage in sexual intercourse, after the ceremony of marriage has been performed. Under canon law, a refusal to consummate the marriage may be grounds for an annulment or for divorce. But this is not so at common law or under modern state law."
William P

La Puente, CA

#184745 Mar 26, 2013
Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.

This city is in serious jeopardy ever since a certain element took over and declared themselves KING,

I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:

"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/please-investigate-the ...

Knoxville, TN

#184746 Mar 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people can consummate their marriage just like straight people. Keep in mind "consummation" does not equal reproduction. Any form of copulation would satisfy the definition of consummation for the sake of marriage.
really

AOL

#184747 Mar 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember that, too? He was OUT OF CONTROL when that happened.
I remember it well, old K'merde said he puked...I guess it really knocked the stuffins out of him, the old guy can't take much. I bet he is clutching a wastebasket, rocking back and forth, muttering to himself some where.
JustaMe

Clearlake, CA

#184749 Mar 26, 2013
This has nothing to do with the love/marriage paradox. It was motivated by tax deductions denied for shame sex couples as opposed to normal male & female sex couples. But then again "love" is blind.
Sock it to me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184750 Mar 26, 2013
can someone please show me where a state stepped in and dissolved a marriage against the wishes of both parties because the state did not consider the "consummation" to be correct?

One case please... either show me the case where a marriage was dissolved against the wishes of both parties by the state, or the consummation argument is now at an end.

Not a requirement for a state to recognize a marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184751 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people can consummate their marriage just like straight people. Keep in mind "consummation" does not equal reproduction. Any form of copulation would satisfy the definition of consummation for the sake of marriage.
We both know that is not true. Consumation is the first act of sexual intercourse, coitus, by husband and wife. So what sexual act between two men, and two women, would constitute "consumation", considering, coitus, is not possible?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184752 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, by all means, lets encourage men in their 60s, 70s, and 90s to father children. That makes A LOT of sense. No potential for problems related to rearing children when you're a senior citizen. Heck, if you time it just right, your kid will be just old enough to wipe your behind when you become unable to do so yourself.(sarcasm)
Now now VV, you read what Xbox wrote, or perhaps quoted. I merely pointed out that men can father children well into their golden years, beyond the age of 55. I didn't say that should be encouraged or discouraged.

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Stephen G. Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg pounded Cooper for linking marriage to child-bearing, with Kagan asking if states could also prohibit couples over age 55 from getting married. Cooper responded that even in that case, at least one member of the marriage would likely still be fertile, a suggestion that drew laughter from the courtroom."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Kim Kardashian Facing Fur-ious Protest At Calab... (Apr '12) Sun fancy 2
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Mickey Rourke leaves his shirt unbuttoned flash... Sep 17 jillymayr 2
Beverly Hills Shuns Bike Paths in Resisting Tra... Sep 14 Roger Edgar 7
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE