Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,001 - 157,020 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read it, and even the sources.
If you check the sources, you will find most are rooted in a gay historian who has been discredited by his peers and even other gays.
I even have the actual accounts from early explorers reporting ss behavior (buggery) among Indians.
Like I said, while the practice of homosexuality has been present, the acceptance by a culture has been totally void.
You need to get your history from other than gay twirl sites...
If you want to talk about specific cultural instances, go for it.
Smile.
Gay historians? Do you always look at persons sexuality prior to judging thier work?

I wonder if Madame Curie would have been a homosexual, would her work discovering radioactive substances of radium and polonium been discredited by science?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For a long time in human history Christians were looked at as entertainment, feeding them to lions and such.
If more people back then thought as you do, it would still be the case.
For a long time people of different color or culture were considered slaves, you would fit right in with those slaveholders wouldn’t you
Just because something was true in the past, does not make it a good thing.
You need to wake up and enter the 21st century, many cultures have accepted gay people, the US is actually behind the times, but is now catching up
I really do appreciate the attempt at reason, but are you seriously equating a brief episode in history, or racial equality that has been present in many cultures to a behavior that has not one single example of acceptance in any culture ever???

You are also equating a legal action that deeply divides a culture (France recently expressed the most recent reaction) and at this point is barely 3 decades long in occasion to the breadth of a specific culture from start to finish???

The fact of the matter is, history shows that homosexual activity has only been accepted at the end of a culture (Canaan, Greece & Rome would be examples).

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

The last sentence should read "'marginally' accepted"

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly equal to urinals and tampon dispensers... By the way, have you ever seen one used in the men's room (for babies).
Basically, you are defending brainless equality. Think about it...
Smile.
Why yes I have seen men utilizing them in a mens room, yes they where changing a babies diaper. From my understanding, condom despencing machines can be found in some ladies rooms.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The repeal of DADT.
Your ad homoan idiocy doesn't change the reality of sexual abuse that heterosexual and homosexual mixing bring to the military, does it?
Why would you sacrifice the effectiveness of our nation's security for this? Please defend this unpatriotic action.
Wow you really are a piece of work. Prior to the repeal DADT men and women homosexuals served in the military. Women have been subject to sexual harassment in the military for quite some time. It just did not happen. Or are you implying that Gay men are the reason?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly equal to urinals and tampon dispensers... By the way, have you ever seen one used in the men's room (for babies).
Basically, you are defending brainless equality. Think about it...
Smile.
Can you say Unisex bathrooms? Its my guess that you would not use one. A woman might discover your umm, shortcomings?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the baby diaper changing station in a men's bathroom?
Yes,men are fathers, and sometimes they have to change their child's diaper. Babies can't change their own diapers, So who changes your diaper?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I have, I am not apposed to it.
Then why do you attempt to censor it away? And why does it make you so mad you do stupid childish stuff like start a troll thread?

Methinks you're full of sh!t!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,men are fathers, and sometimes they have to change their child's diaper. Babies can't change their own diapers, So who changes your diaper?
Clueless.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stuck on stupid?
No. You are.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a Coastie, paisan? Semper Paratus
No, I was in the Navy. That jackass Big D was a coastie. That's the only thing he's got going for him.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#294 4 min ago
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade had a job once. He spent 40 hours a week on his knees polishing knobs and marlinspike. This was back when he was Old Boring Gay's cabin boi.

"I heard he always kept the poopdecks swabbed too. "

Spin it Baby, work it. Freakin homophobe

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are.
Thers my biotch
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose in that example, one is gay, the other not. They've been close friends for years, love each other dearly, and would like to spend thier remaining time together married to each other.
Should they be allowed to marry, or should they be legally barred from marrying outside their orientation?
Jazybird will never understand what you are saying, don't bother trying. He's "stuck on stupid"!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text> I'm in. Maybe then it will be enough evidence to convince the sister to have Frankie probated. It's pretty obvious there's brain damage. At first I thought he was just being contrary... then I realized he really is just plain stupid. Unteachable.
I don't want to marry my sister, I want to discuss the concept as it applies to marriage rights.

If you ever want to stop the stupid ad hominem, And lose your fear of provocative subjects, join in, Miss Thing.

Why can't someone marry their sister in Mona Lott Land?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>You have to ask? He can't even determine the topic of this thread.
The topic is marriage, not ad hominem insults.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your profound ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
What's the topic of this thread again Miss Thing? You know, the topic you whine I don't know?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#294 4 min ago
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade had a job once. He spent 40 hours a week on his knees polishing knobs and marlinspike. This was back when he was Old Boring Gay's cabin boi.
"I heard he always kept the poopdecks swabbed too. "
Spin it Baby, work it. Freakin homophobe
Get a sense of humor frikkin jerk.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thers my biotch
Great argument fruitcake! Even dopier ad hominem than Mona Lott. But that's all you've got, so you go with it, I understand.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you attempt to censor it away? And why does it make you so mad you do stupid childish stuff like start a troll thread?
Methinks you're full of sh!t!
Do you want 5 wives, OK by me. Do you want to marry your sister, OK by me.

Yet you keep posting on the thread, why is that? BTW did you notice your vote total? Puppy went up HUH?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••