Obama faces fundraising test in California

Apr 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SF Sentinel

President Obama will woo big-money donors in Los Angeles and the Bay Area over the next two days in a trip that will be the first test of whether he can rekindle the embrace from the entertainment and high-tech industries that helped him win in 2008.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Jason

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Why is Obama's goal to get so much money for his campaign? While he's being a campaigner (as he always has been), whose being the President in Washington while Obama is on tour ??? I am already sick of seeing and hearing him everywhere, re-election is not going to be easy this time for Obama, he has too much bad baggage now. I for one want a candidate that will unite the country, as Obanma has divided and bought anger into our lives in the last two plus years in office. Obama is not a uniter, he continues to divide and divide. Sad for America
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Jason, dear, all candidates have a goal to raise money. That is the name of the game. Even those president who wish to serve a second term.

AMN

Since: Sep 08

Carmichael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

and how much did it cost the American Taxpayer for this little detour .... I guess it is better than paying for his golfing trips...

Since: Apr 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Congratulations Obama! The Bay Area supports you! California supports you! Obama is the most visionary, intelligent, humanistic, hip president! You have delivered all your promises! We will not allow the: GOP/KKK greedy corporations, mortage monsters, NRA, Wall ST Crooks, Bible thumper degenerates, and trailer trash to destroy americia!WE will not allow the war on women, civil rights,education, wages, unions, medicare, SSI,EPA, to continue! Democracy, for the people, shall continue!
lastoutlaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

It's amazing that Obama can raise (or attempt to raise) one billion dollars to keep his job - but he can't seem to raise money to retire the national debt. Or create jobs. Or use as seed money to fund the programs he want so badly.

Just what are his priorities REALLY?

Dude's a failure. He needs to be unemployed for a while.

Like the next 60 years.

Him and that big bootie wife of his.
50cal

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 21, 2011
 
he is here to pick up his (skim) from the boys in L.A. and a few taco"s too.
Alamitos Eric

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 21, 2011
 
Christians are just thankful that The Obama didn't BAN them from celebrating Easter in L.A. as it might take attention away from his lectures on the joys of submitting our families to Obama's Orwellian Nightmare future scenerio.

Most think such an act of selflessness by The Obama was surprising and out of character.
lastoutlaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Alamitos Eric wrote:
Christians are just thankful that The Obama didn't BAN them from celebrating Easter in L.A. as it might take attention away from his lectures on the joys of submitting our families to Obama's Orwellian Nightmare future scenerio.
Most think such an act of selflessness by The Obama was surprising and out of character.
He's having an off day. He'll impliment the ban tomorrow - as the plane lifts off the runway.
That's his surprise and it's in character. You know; like saying one thing to get elected; then saying something different afterwards. The 'Hope and Change' he spoke about was changing his mind.
His explaination (when he feels generous enough to give one)-
'I'm the President. I won. I can do what I want.'
Bush would have been lynched if he'd said something like that.
Regardless of how he thought.
The Audacity of Arrogance.
This is what his book REALLY should have been titled.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Even his supporters heckled him there…….LOL
Hmmm

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 21, 2011
 
Let me see if I get this, in the last election Obama used private funding in order to maximize donations from from particular donors without having limits. Is he raising $$$ for his campaign or just the Democratic party in general? I get the feeling he is going to go back to private funding so what is this $35K plate thing for?
lastoutlaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hmmm wrote:
Let me see if I get this, in the last election Obama used private funding in order to maximize donations from from particular donors without having limits. Is he raising $$$ for his campaign or just the Democratic party in general? I get the feeling he is going to go back to private funding so what is this $35K plate thing for?
Michelle's travel expenses - and insurance in case her plane ever DOES strike a C-17.
Steve R

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lipstickLLC wrote:
Congratulations Obama! The Bay Area supports you! California supports you! Obama is the most visionary, intelligent, humanistic, hip president! You have delivered all your promises! We will not allow the: GOP/KKK greedy corporations, mortage monsters, NRA, Wall ST Crooks, Bible thumper degenerates, and trailer trash to destroy americia!WE will not allow the war on women, civil rights,education, wages, unions, medicare, SSI,EPA, to continue! Democracy, for the people, shall continue!
SF Bay area Progressives may feature a Homeless taking a dump in the entrance to NM on Union Square in honor of the impact of Progressive Ideology on the once proud American City.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lipstickLLC wrote:
Congratulations Obama! The Bay Area supports you! California supports you! Obama is the most visionary, intelligent, humanistic, hip president! You have delivered all your promises! We will not allow the: GOP/KKK greedy corporations, mortage monsters, NRA, Wall ST Crooks, Bible thumper degenerates, and trailer trash to destroy americia!WE will not allow the war on women, civil rights,education, wages, unions, medicare, SSI,EPA, to continue! Democracy, for the people, shall continue!
I am the one who gave you the negative marks. i do not agree with you and intend to work very hard to defeat him, if not defeat him keep a House Of Representives that will continue to resist him and people like you. I am just a determined as yo in my mission, maybe more determined.I voted and support Wally Herger for the House. Lot of oter people feel just like me. You will be resisted.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Steve R wrote:
<quoted text>
SF Bay area Progressives may feature a Homeless taking a dump in the entrance to NM on Union Square in honor of the impact of Progressive Ideology on the once proud American City.
I agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brentwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brentwood
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••