Castle Rock State Park to expand, lan...

Castle Rock State Park to expand, land new visitor center

There are 7 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Castle Rock State Park to expand, land new visitor center. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A long-sought land deal at the crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains has set the stage for a new visitor center and gateway at the largely undeveloped and remote Castle Rock State Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

JustJoe

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Wonderful news, but it would be truly outstanding if they acquired the site of the rifle club. The peace and quiet of the park is utterly ruined by their gunfire.
Good job

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Sempervirens Fund is great!
GI Joe

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2010
JustJoe wrote:
Wonderful news, but it would be truly outstanding if they acquired the site of the rifle club. The peace and quiet of the park is utterly ruined by their gunfire.
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning...it smells like victory!
Munn Chee

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Sep 24, 2010
Will there be a spot for pot gardens? I hope so, Castle Rock is an important agricultural area and provides jobs for people coming here just to work.
Good job

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Sep 24, 2010
JustJoe wrote:
Agreed. I look forward to the day when that gun club is ready to sell.
foil hat

Rancho Cordova, CA

#7 Sep 24, 2010
Whose going to patrol this new undeveloped and remote park? State Parks has no funding.
easong

Toronto, Canada

#8 Sep 24, 2010
I live not too far from Castle Rock. If not for the godawful racket at the gun club, there might be many more people building houses up here. I think of it as a necessary evil to prevent human overpopulation in the area. Of course, it does ruin everyone else's peaceful enjoyment of nature. But isn't that what guns are for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Male Privilege May 22 It is True 4
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) May 20 Style Points 76
Possession May 20 Luci 2
Review: Bushnell & Assoc - Ronald G Bushnell CPA (Feb '11) Oct '15 lurker 3
News Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now (Mar '15) Mar '15 Lucy 4
News California Drought: Bay Area loses billions of ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Phil Theehor 2
News Mountain View Considers Toll Roads to Address T... (May '14) May '14 Mark Spybook 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Altos Mortgages