Redwood City Bar Murder Suspects Won't Face Death

Full story: cbs5.com

As prosecutors announced Friday they would not be seeking the death penalty for two men accused in three murders at a Redwood City bar on April 15, their defense attorneys delayed entering pleas in San Mateo ...
Comments
21 - 40 of 78 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2013
Big Picture

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

More like East Side Monkeys...total soft!
EAST SIDE MARA wrote:
<H1>R.I.P CHUY</H1>
RedwoodCityNorte

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Redwood City resident wrote:
Whats up with all these dudes pulling out heat for no reason at a bar?? You think you're hard or tough?? No. You're plain stupid! In Redwood City you don't need a gun!! A lot of these kids think Redwood City is a ghetto.... Wrong!!! Redwood City is a suburb. This ain't East Oakland. Redwood City has nothing but posers that think they're gangsters. Real gangsters don't need guns. This is a big loss that man was a father!!! How would you feel is someone took your father away from you?!??!?! My condolonces to all the fallen.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
if you dont think redwood city is a ghetto
then you probably dont live in redwood city.
Or you've probably never left the west side of
redwood city which isn't that bad. But try
going to rollison, or little mex, or even vera
which is in the west side and tell me that
redwood city is full of posers and wanna be's
and that its not a "ghetto".....
jjj4

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

RedwoodCityNorte wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I live on the east side of rwc its just dirty thats all its nothing like oakland or richmond i wouldnt call it ghetto
RWC

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

Born and raised in Redwood, I went to Hoover School then to Sequoia. There are parts of the city where the income level is lower and people fight harder for what they have but I wouldn't call it the getto. Maybe my idea of a getto is different, to me a getto is somewhere where people get shot for their shoes where people sleep in cars and never have enough to eat, there are no jobs for those of us that don't hold a degree and if you happen to be the wrong race you don't think of going there.
Big Picture

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

RedwoodCityNorte wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Why would anyone want to go to Little Mex or Rollison? Just a bunch of wannabe gansters. "Oh I wear a red shirt and I'm too stupid to fill out a job application! Puro Norte!" And everyone wonders why these areas are shitholes! Take some pride, get an education...it' free! You don't even have to steal it! And foremost...use protection before sleeping with your 15 year old girlfriends. Those of us who pay taxes are tired of funding your babies.
Mary From Redwood City

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

Justice wrote:
My father was the 38yr old that got shot and died in the Headquarters Bar in Redwood City. My father was a lovely and respecful men he didn't deserve this. My family and I have been following the case very closely. The guy that shot my dad was the 18yr old. That low-life guy should be in jail for the rest of his life. What was a 18yr old doing with a gun, especially at 1:00am in bar. My family and I wont stop until we hear that he is going to spent many years in prisom. I think he deserves more than that. My sister's and I would never forget the low-life that take our father away.
I AGREE IF YOU COMMIT A CRIME YOU SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACCIONS! MY FRIEND WAS THERE THAT NIGHT HE WAS IN THE BATHROOM WHEN THE SHOOTING HAPPENED AND IT WAS VERY SCARY! R.I.P. THE PEOPLE THAT LOST THEIR LIVES IN THERE! IM STILL CONFUSED WAS THIS GANG RELATED?
chichonas

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

i knew sammy boy, long time ago he used to kick it with my brother,what ever happend sucks because i know the hernandez family too. one day every one will hopefully realize..we are in gods hands not the hands of people who think that they are bad ass's with a gun..when there really the stupid one. i'm so sorry.
Silent

Moraga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Sammy was my high school friend. He was very smart but gangs took over his mind. I was very shocked when I heard about this. Most people don't understand the situation they where in. I'm sorry for your father he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
carol

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

sick and tired wrote:
more mexican/hispanic/latino gun violence...
great contributions to our english speaking society.
ICE should have a branch office here in Redwood City.
sorry bout your father
you dumb piece of shit, without us latinos your worthless piece of trash wouldnt have NOTHING. Thanks to us latinos we make this shit run, thats why you white assholes are so afraid of us. Always have to stereotype the latinos..so sad that you had to make that ICE remark, how i wish you would say that in front of a mexican/latino community GOD BLESS U SWEETIE
Obvious

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
you dumb piece of shit, without us latinos your worthless piece of trash wouldnt have NOTHING. Thanks to us latinos we make this shit run, thats why you white assholes are so afraid of us. Always have to stereotype the latinos..so sad that you had to make that ICE remark, how i wish you would say that in front of a mexican/latino community GOD BLESS U SWEETIE
Ah, last check in San Mateo County. How many illegal blacks, whites and asians residents combined have killed or violently committed crimes against their community? Pull your head out of your culo...Maybe if these criminals were in their homeland, innocents would still be unharmed. As for not having anything if not for you latinos...I guess we'll all have do our own landscaping and find somewhere else to waste tax dollars.
Evil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Much love 4 the homies that passed away. stay up pacman n fuvk them haters. NORTE REDWOOD CITY WEST SIDE VERA AVE 400 AVE
Oblivious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Judged:

Evil wrote:
Much love 4 the homies that passed away. stay up pacman n fuvk them haters. NORTE REDWOOD CITY WEST SIDE VERA AVE 400 AVE
I'd be claimn' IL too if I was a Westside chapete!!!!! 400 block Vera...what a joke. Fuckin professional victims! Pacman will be stayin up alright, as a boytoy for some Eme thug in the Q bouncin on his lap!!!! LOL Stay in IL Scab, it's probably safer for you there then in RWC.
jjj4

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Judged:

Oblivious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be claimn' IL too if I was a Westside chapete!!!!! 400 block Vera...what a joke. Fuckin professional victims! Pacman will be stayin up alright, as a boytoy for some Eme thug in the Q bouncin on his lap!!!! LOL Stay in IL Scab, it's probably safer for you there then in RWC.
wow an on-line gangster real lame
RWC Guy

Millbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

jjj4 wrote:
<quoted text> wow an on-line gangster real lame
They think it's cute, you'd be surprised how pervasive it is, even latinos I would otherwise consider reasonably intelligent at least pay lip service to the gangs.

It just makes it that much harder to trust them and believe anything they say. And you shouldn't trust anyone who does.

Allegiance to any gang is a big "loser" tag.
666satan

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

f#@% gangs
u dont know shit

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

most of you people are stupid and dont know shit so shut it
Cracker Please

Belmont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

They should be eligible for the death penalty, these scum do not deserve to live, they and ALL their families should be deported back to where they came from. CA needs to step-up and put a stop to gangs, especially mexican americans, who should be ashamed of themselves, I see adults looking the other way as their kids get involved in gangs, use gang slang and gang images. It's the fault of the irresponsible parents who shouldt even BE in this country in the first place. Shame on them for keeping silent and doing nothing while their kids die, and pretending that they are oh so innocent in all of it.
REDWOOD

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Judged:

Cracker Please wrote:
They should be eligible for the death penalty, these scum do not deserve to live, they and ALL their families should be deported back to where they came from. CA needs to step-up and put a stop to gangs, especially mexican americans, who should be ashamed of themselves, I see adults looking the other way as their kids get involved in gangs, use gang slang and gang images. It's the fault of the irresponsible parents who shouldt even BE in this country in the first place. Shame on them for keeping silent and doing nothing while their kids die, and pretending that they are oh so innocent in all of it.
WHAT ABOUT THE FUNNY ASS WHITE BOYS TRYING TO GANG BANG. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEM. AND DON'T TELL ME YOU ORIGINATED FROM THE U.S. BECAUSE YOU AIN'T INDIAN. YOUR ANCESTORS ARE IMMIGRANTS AS WELL YOU IDIOT. WE COME FROM NEAR BY, WE INHERITED THIS LAND AND A DUMB ASS NAMED HIDALGO SOLD IT TO THE GRINGOS WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO LET US LIVE IN PEACE, BUT THEN TOOK OUR LAND. WE WILL RESIDE HERE FOR EVER AND MY IMMIGRANT COUSINS, ANTS AND UNCLES ARE WELCOME TO JOIN ME. THIS LAND BELONGS TO MEXICANS TRY AND TAKE IT. WE'RE TAKING OVER JUST LOOK AT YOUR LOCAL CENSUS REPORT. VIVA MEJICO CABRONES.
REDWOOD

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

666satan wrote:
f#@% gangs
AND SATAN TOO.
REDWOOD

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, last check in San Mateo County. How many illegal blacks, whites and asians residents combined have killed or violently committed crimes against their community? Pull your head out of your culo...Maybe if these criminals were in their homeland, innocents would still be unharmed. As for not having anything if not for you latinos...I guess we'll all have do our own landscaping and find somewhere else to waste tax dollars.
NO ONE BUT THE NATIVE AMERICANS CAN CLAIM THIS THEIR LAND. EVERYONE ELSES ANCESTORS ARE IMMIGRANTS FROM A PLACE FARTHER THAN MEXICO. AND WE DID'NT CROSS THE BORDER, THE BORDER CROSSED US.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Altos News Video

•••
•••

Los Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE