created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 7, 2010

California

18,647 votes

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
14,061 - 14,080 of 15,911 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 11

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15204
Feb 17, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
riccardo... here's how it works...
there are different levels of harm that things in the world can cause you. so, what mankind did was make laws to prevent those things that cause us the most harm from being pushed.
Some things that were not legal were made legal. If that is true that mankind made laws to prevent us from harm, then why are alcohol nicotine corn syrup and other things legal? You are wrong, laws are made to prevent lawsuits for the most part. Pot is basically legal here in California and what it has done is caused many to just stop using it. Since it was legal I have heard shootings at bars from drunks, I have heard of drunk driving killing innocent people, but have not heard of a pot head running over anyone or shooting anyone. Our President was a pot head at one time in his life. So mankind is not protecting us from those things that cause us the most harm...You are wrong. It's all about money.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15205
Feb 17, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
what taking illicit drugs does to a person is - it makes one not able to judge rationally where something falls into one category or the other.
in essense, everything is grey with you drug users. nothing is right or wrong. ideas like "if you get away with it, it is ok." or "we don't have a debt problem because we just need to print more money." are the norm with you people.
the reason why we shouldn't legalize illicit drugs.
chaos will be the norm if we do.
understand?
First of all, I have used pot before, but I choose to not use it now or anytime soon. As I have not had a drink of alcohol for 30 years. So don't call me a user. You don't have to be a user to understand pot. It's basically legal here and there is no chaos, the chaos is from booze. The hospitals are full because of the poison that is allowed to be put in foods by our government. Nicotine is legal, why is that?

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15206
Feb 17, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have no idea of legalities in the workplace. Allowing a person to be knowlingly impared on the job will shift all the blame no matter what happened to the owner or company. You're talking major lawsuits and judgements that your insurance may not cover. Drinking beers at home at night or weekends won't show up on a BAT lab test but THC stays in your system for weeks and the employee and victim, if it's an in- house accident,are both tested immediately after an accident. If you show positive,it lessens your chance for a suit or large settlement. If you are impared, you get a basic patch up and termination with the DRD on your work records. That's why there written rules and random testing to make sure everybody complies. Smoking pot and driving and having a heart while driving are no way related and irrevelent to the conversation.
I'm not saying we should allow a person to be drunk or high on drugs at work. But with that said, I don't think you know that smoking pot the night before work will make ANY difference on how the person performs. You seem to be more concerned with what shows up on a test, I'm saying the reality. A person that drinks the night before will be a zombie working early the next day, not a pot head. But if both tested, the pot head will be fired. Doesn't make sense. You might be surprised how many people are using pot and out performing you, at least out thinking you.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15207
Feb 17, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
riccardo... here's how it works...
there are different levels of harm that things in the world can cause you. so, what mankind did was make laws to prevent those things that cause us the most harm from being pushed.
Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.

How many people die each year from marijuana?

Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.

Let's protect mankind, ban cars!....lol
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15208
Feb 17, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying we should allow a person to be drunk or high on drugs at work. But with that said, I don't think you know that smoking pot the night before work will make ANY difference on how the person performs. You seem to be more concerned with what shows up on a test, I'm saying the reality. A person that drinks the night before will be a zombie working early the next day, not a pot head. But if both tested, the pot head will be fired. Doesn't make sense. You might be surprised how many people are using pot and out performing you, at least out thinking you.
The employees don't make the rules at work. They follow them. If they choose to use and come and get caught in a random test and be fired for that choice they made,so be it. Employees who think they are above following simple rules will also steal from you,lie,and cheat. If they can't be a team member,then they will have to find another team. Companies don't have the time to waste being baby sitters to overgrown kiddies who can't mind.
Mortored

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15209
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A convicted rapist was captured in Mexico, and his father a California Highway Patrol assistant chief was arrested for helping him flee the country.

Spencer Scarber, 20, was returned Saturday to Fresno after Mexican authorities took him into custody in Acapulco on Februrary 13, 2013.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15210
Feb 17, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.
How many people die each year from marijuana?
Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.
Let's protect mankind, ban cars!....lol
you are brain dead and stupid. and I tire of trying to explain the logic because you cannot comprehend it.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15211
Feb 17, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.
Let's protect mankind, ban cars!....lol
You go for it!

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15212
Feb 17, 2013
 
Food on earth kills more people then all the drugs combined. Sugar is a drug

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15213
Feb 17, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You go for it!
Post it to asian guy, he suggested we make laws to protect mankind.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15214
Feb 17, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are brain dead and stupid. and I tire of trying to explain the logic because you cannot comprehend it.
I understand if you are not able to make an argument. Why respond at all if you can't? Why insult and act like a child?

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15215
Feb 17, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The employees don't make the rules at work. They follow them. If they choose to use and come and get caught in a random test and be fired for that choice they made,so be it. Employees who think they are above following simple rules will also steal from you,lie,and cheat. If they can't be a team member,then they will have to find another team. Companies don't have the time to waste being baby sitters to overgrown kiddies who can't mind.
This debate is about making pot legal not what happens at the workplace. Start a new thread. If they don't drug test our Government like our senators and congressmen, do they have the right to test anyone without reason?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15216
Feb 17, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>This debate is about making pot legal not what happens at the workplace. Start a new thread. If they don't drug test our Government like our senators and congressmen, do they have the right to test anyone without reason?
Yes they do!. If a workplace rule exists that the business is a drug free workzone, random testing is normal. If you can't handle that, go elsewhere. A company with clean employees don't need a stoner on the premises endangering the health and welfare of other associates. You may think the move is going to make MJ legal anytime or anywhere but a state level vote cannot force a company to accept dopers and stoners on the premises unless the state wants to get into the business insurance coverage.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15219
Feb 17, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do!. If a workplace rule exists that the business is a drug free workzone, random testing is normal. If you can't handle that, go elsewhere. A company with clean employees don't need a stoner on the premises endangering the health and welfare of other associates. You may think the move is going to make MJ legal anytime or anywhere but a state level vote cannot force a company to accept dopers and stoners on the premises unless the state wants to get into the business insurance coverage.
I know they have the right, my question was should they have the right? Like I said before, if a stoner gets stoned the night before vs a drinker, who is more alert the next morning? A company suffers greater loss of health insurance and danger from a sugar addict. I'm not advocating people high at the workplace. But you have a lot of confusion about the dangers of drugs and which one is worse.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15220
Feb 17, 2013
 
Tim Truhart wrote:
Ricc: A normal person (you are excluded) doesn't suck the smoke from burning sugar deep into their lungs and hold it there until they turn blue in the face. Smoking pot is bad for you.
No one mentioned smoking sugar, I suppose you do. Consuming sugar is much more dangerous then pot.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15222
Feb 17, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I know they have the right, my question was should they have the right? Like I said before, if a stoner gets stoned the night before vs a drinker, who is more alert the next morning? A company suffers greater loss of health insurance and danger from a sugar addict. I'm not advocating people high at the workplace. But you have a lot of confusion about the dangers of drugs and which one is worse.
The levels of alcohol can be tested by a BAT. MJ is tested positive/negative. YOU know the rules,YOU break the rules,YOU get fired. YOU have a problem with that? If YOU can't handle that,then YOU shouldn't be there in the first place. Oh yeah, did I mention this was about YOU?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15223
Feb 17, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The levels of alcohol can be tested by a BAT. MJ is tested positive/negative. YOU know the rules,YOU break the rules,YOU get fired. YOU have a problem with that? If YOU can't handle that,then YOU shouldn't be there in the first place. Oh yeah, did I mention this was about YOU?
You seem to be lost in the argument, this is about making pot legal, a less dangerous drug then booze. Not how you should be tested in a forklift job. Believe me, I'm not in that kind of job, try to keep up. Sorry you are stuck in that mindset of a job.
Poleuka

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15224
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Matter of fact your wrong again with an average like that your going to have to come up with another line of Bull.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15225
Feb 18, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be lost in the argument, this is about making pot legal, a less dangerous drug then booze. Not how you should be tested in a forklift job. Believe me, I'm not in that kind of job, try to keep up. Sorry you are stuck in that mindset of a job.
You can't have a double standard set of rules. If a company is a zero tolerance workplace,then the office workers,production,warehouse,a nd drivers go by the same rules........ZERO.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15226
Feb 18, 2013
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have a double standard set of rules. If a company is a zero tolerance workplace,then the office workers,production,warehouse,a nd drivers go by the same rules........ZERO.
Sorry, I think you are confused, I really didn't want to talk about people on drugs at work. This is about making pot legal. Some things are legal but not legal as in booze, you can't drive and be drunk or work being drunk. If pot is legal, you would have a choice to use it or not use it just like booze or like eating the poisons from the grocery stores. We have a choice to eat the crap at the store, as you can see from any workplace, people are fat from it, which costs the country and companies more money from being sick, from major healthcare costs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Altos News Video

•••
•••

Los Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Altos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••