Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,783)

Showing posts 155,641 - 155,660 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gender segregated institutions would be forced to deal with same sex marriage among staff and inmates; consider the consequences. We already have too much prison rape; same sex marriage could bring much worse; forced prison marriage. In our prisons, regulations control behavior. Those rules were created to keep sex out of prisons by gender segregating inmates.
Consent is problematic, at best, among the imprisoned and institutionalized. Not all marriage is based on love, people marry for economic and social advantage too. Don't bring more harm than good, out of legitimate sympathy for gay couples. Use your head, not your heart or random other parts...
You keep repeating unfounded rubbish about forced same sex marriages in prison with out one shred of supporting evidence that they would actually happen. Once again, give us some supporting argument that they'd actually occur. Kindly refrain from using your usual methods (bumper sticker slogans).
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove this is marriage's most basic essence.....what is your source for this 'fact'?
Otherwise state it clearly as your personal opinion/ wishful thinking.
1: Marriage is not a "right", it's a benefit society gives to a certain class of people.

2: Society gives the benefits of marriage to heterosexual couples because long experience shows that marriage of heterosexual couples carries a great number of benefits to society (for example: it civilizes men, making them more productive, and less foolhardy (and therefore less destructive)(see lowered car insurance rates for young males who marry)).

3: There is no evidence that homosexual marriage provides similar benefits to society.

4: Following the age old principle that intelligent agreements give benefits to both sides, it is therefore not in society's interest to give homosexual couples benefits that they haven't "earned".

Marriage is a contract. It's a contract between the people getting married. It's also a contract between, that couple. and the State. Valid contracts require that both sides get benefits. What is the benefit to society of giving a marriage contract to homosexual couples?

Until that's answered, there's no rational reason to give homosexual couples such a contract.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong...You meant "hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha........hahaha "
For a minute there I thought you were Janey Doody!

He laughs just like that except I don't think his laugh is a real laugh.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DorN wrote:
Same sex marriage in prison might cut down on prison rape.
Doubtful, since rape is a control issue, and prison is filled with dysfunctional people... Personally, I am leaning towards isolation cells for the duration of the term of any rapists...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. I thought the answer would be because it feels good.
I don't get the one about lions licking their asses either.
Or the one about morons and children.
That's because there's nothing to get...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certifiably insane.
Hey, Bovis, that's funny, coming from you....Mr.(or is it Ms.?) "Hahahahaha..Etc.."
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly have NO idea who I am! Clearly just more of your wishful thinking....
<quoted text>
You are the dolt claiming your opinion is a 'basic fact' so you are the ONLY one who has any burden of proof. Get with it already....
<quoted text>
Yes, indeed.
It doesn't matter who you are, you are ignoring mating and evolutionary practices... So, you might as well admit that you are the dolt. Dolt. The burden of proof lies with you. We have biology and anatomy on our side. You have the burden to disprove the purposes of both.....Get busy, b!tch...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
1: Marriage is not a "right", it's a benefit society gives to a certain class of people.
2: Society gives the benefits of marriage to heterosexual couples because long experience shows that marriage of heterosexual couples carries a great number of benefits to society (for example: it civilizes men, making them more productive, and less foolhardy (and therefore less destructive)(see lowered car insurance rates for young males who marry)).
3: There is no evidence that homosexual marriage provides similar benefits to society.
4: Following the age old principle that intelligent agreements give benefits to both sides, it is therefore not in society's interest to give homosexual couples benefits that they haven't "earned".
Marriage is a contract. It's a contract between the people getting married. It's also a contract between, that couple. and the State. Valid contracts require that both sides get benefits. What is the benefit to society of giving a marriage contract to homosexual couples?
Until that's answered, there's no rational reason to give homosexual couples such a contract.

The litmus test is simply this: when same sex couples can marry, what do heterosexual couples lose? Really, how is your marriage any less valid?

That's why this is called marriage equality, because everyone wins and nobody loses.

I could easily argue your other points, bit there's really no reason to do so. Besides, it's going to happen anyway.

Just ask my Kimare.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then imagine how same sex marriage might change power dynamics in a witches coven, if you can get your mind away from thinking of lesbian sex. Same sex marriage would change society in a big way; convents and covens used to be refuges from sex and marriage but gender segregation marriage brings that issue home.
Not all lesbians favor redefining marriage; some like it the old fashioned way, the way it was for their mom and dad.
Perhaps, but they have always been much more than that...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced prison marriages? Use YOUR head, Brian. There's no such thing as forced prison marriages. It's a figment of your demented imagination.
And I suppose that prison b!tches are all consensual, as well, right ? As well as this forum being fair and balanced, right ? As well as you being the smart one in the room, right ? That's about as much bullshit as anyone can type....You're a grade "A" moron and anyone can see that, from the sheer volume of bullshit that you type.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiimare's lips ARE my lips because I'm his internal lesbian.
FYI, Dilbert, you've spelled "boogers" wrong. Kind of takes the wind out of your sales when you fail to make your point.
Was that a pun, or did you really just misspell "sails" because you didn't know any better ??
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, Brian, that makes you the stupidest man alive.
No, he's right and you're just really gay...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of evolution, do you think you should have been aborted? You call yourself a "monster mutation".
You should have been smothered, too bad that your mother was incompetent at that, too...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For a minute there I thought you were Janey Doody!
He laughs just like that except I don't think his laugh is a real laugh.
No, it's insane cackling..The larger the numbers of "ha"'s, the more relevant he thinks he is being...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The litmus test is simply this: when same sex couples can marry, what do heterosexual couples lose? Really, how is your marriage any less valid?
That's why this is called marriage equality, because everyone wins and nobody loses.
I could easily argue your other points, bit there's really no reason to do so. Besides, it's going to happen anyway.
Just ask my Kimare.
Really ? How do I win ?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Was that a pun, or did you really just misspell "sails" because you didn't know any better ??
You seem to have all the answers, so I'll leave out up to you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask my Kimare.
Please, feel free to argue them...Did we all "win" when schools adopted the "no child left behind" policy ? No, a diploma became virtually worthless. Any kid could get one. Even the abject failures.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

It*
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

And, what is American citizenship worth ? Anyone can become an American, anymore, all one has to do is sneak in and get amnesty.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have all the answers, so I'll leave out up to you.
I'm not like some of the others in here, you can admit a mistake without me crowing about it, I was just asking...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,641 - 155,660 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Los Altos Discussions

Search the Los Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Review: Adecco Staffing Services Sat Amrita Singh 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... Jul 10 candylee 1
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
•••
•••

Los Altos News Video

•••
Los Altos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••