Horoscope says: Zodiac signs may shift with wobbling Earth

In a first-of-its kind deal designed to throw a financial lifeline to California's cash-strapped state parks system, two Bay Area land trusts on Friday sold Little Basin, a scenic 535-acre redwood forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains, to the state parks department -- and also provided a staff and maintenance budget. Full Story
Butteguy

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 15, 2011
Let's see. Normally trust sell to state at cost or below. Cost 4 million, sale price 6.5 million. 2.5 million difference. Now subtract 1.3 million endowment, 450,000 sewer and water fix. Looks like bond paid for property, endowment, sewer repairs and $750,000 profit to trust no matter how you phrase it, even though the bond prohibits paying for operations. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a Duck no matter what you call it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Me O My O 7,969
US stocks start lower 2 hr Go Blue Forever 56
pro lifers are bigoted 6 hr Rotten Apples 3
Topix is Against the First Amendment 6 hr Rotten Apples 18
Apple CEO Cook Goes From Record Sales to IPhone... 6 hr Rotten Apples 4
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed do it here 16,011
How would you like to/be proposed? Tue Jimmy 2

Los Altos News Video

Los Altos Dating
Find my Match

Los Altos Jobs

Los Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]