Local religious events

Local religious events

There are 5 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Oct 22, 2010, titled Local religious events. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Women's Conference, The ROCK Covenant Women of Faith presents their sixth annual Women's Conference, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., today, at City At The Cross Church, 2209 E. Sixth St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Carrie

United States

#1 Oct 22, 2010
I hope everyone who attends these upcoming religious events have a "safe" time.

I'm not attending. Be that as it is, I am now free to not to attend religious events.

That wasn't always the case having been sexually abused as a kid in churches where its heirarchy facilitated and covered-up sex crimes against kids.

The heirarchy did not tell parishioners/parents that they were hiring, hiding and harboring admitted, known and credibly accused child molesters to work in their churches as clergy/employees/volunteers.

I hope that doesn't happen to anyone else.
Carrie

United States

#2 Oct 22, 2010
And I'd like to thank my little sister for writing this for me and visiting my gravesite today.

Why? Because she knows I died from the effects of the abuse and cover-ups.

I know that she doesn't want anyone else to be harmed like I was by trusted religious leaders.

My little sister and countless other victims have a good reason to live by reaching out, getting help, exposing abusers, and reporting the "crimes" to police, NOT church officials.

Report and place the guilt, shame and blame where it belongs. Protect others.

And my little sister, who was also sexually abused by clergy, will not be attending any religious events in my remembrance and honor by her choice.

I'm glad that today she is free to choose not to attend church. Obviously, that also was not the case for her growing up in a deceitful church.

That's light, not darkness.
truly sorry for your pain

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 23, 2010
Carrie, I am sorry for the pain and hurt you are carrying in your heart. Though you have decided to distance yourself from organized religion please do not distance yourself from the Lord and Savior of your life, Jesus Christ. Don't be angry at Him because of what man has done to you but put your trust in Him to heal your heart and show you His indescribable love for You. Trust me, He is the answer to what you are searching for, relief from this pain and hurt. I am praying for you and I know the Lord is hearing my prayer for you and longing to heal your heart.
Carrie

United States

#4 Oct 23, 2010
truly sorry for your pain wrote:
Carrie, I am sorry for the pain and hurt you are carrying in your heart. Though you have decided to distance yourself from organized religion please do not distance yourself from the Lord and Savior of your life, Jesus Christ. Don't be angry at Him because of what man has done to you but put your trust in Him to heal your heart and show you His indescribable love for You. Trust me, He is the answer to what you are searching for, relief from this pain and hurt. I am praying for you and I know the Lord is hearing my prayer for you and longing to heal your heart.
truly sorry for your pain wrote:
To: "Truly sorry for your pain"

There is something to said for Carrie's sister casting pearls before swine.

It exposing the dogs, swine and vultures who continuously attack and attempt to shove their god down clergy abuse victims throats no matter if they are dead or alive or share your beliefs.

Report "sex crimes" to police, NOT church officials, to protect others from suffering the toxic effects of the church officials lies and deceit as I think "Truly sorry for you pain" is infected with the "indescribable god love" that she claims to possess.

Those are the euphimisms and attitudes and behavior of people unable to discern vanity from wisdom, instruction, and understanding. Try pulling those pearls out of your nose.

You might want to see a professional doctor for that procedure and not just pray about or seek help from your pastor. I think you may have a case of the religious theft swine flu.

All the best for your recovery. Actions speak louder than words. Evil triumphs when people stay silent and do nothing or choose to attack victims of sex crimes in various ways.

It's obvious that your comments were written to rub salt into the wounds of dead sex crime victims and their surviving family members.

Your comments only expose a serious cancer that has spread throughout the so called righteous/saved "body of christ" which I guess you would claim to belong be a member of.

Survivors/Victims of abuse, your voices and actions to expose your abusers and those who enable/cover-up horrific crimes as well as those who revictimized you are not in vain no matter what anyone says.
MCG

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2010
Got that BC! You selfish self serving swine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook vs Twitter 12 hr Biased Mayhem 3
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... 22 hr No Net 125
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 22 hr No Net 421
Bing is a Terrible Search Engine (Jun '17) Fri Microsoft Problem 29
Comcast is Worse Than You Think (Jun '17) Fri Changing Guard 65
Facebook Fri No Twitter 3
News The most accurate climate change models are the... Dec 10 Jack Offandon 4

Los Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance