Redwood City Father Sentenced For Whi...

Redwood City Father Sentenced For Whipping Sons

There are 10 comments on the CBS 5 story from Jan 25, 2008, titled Redwood City Father Sentenced For Whipping Sons . In it, CBS 5 reports that:

San Mateo County Superior Judge John Grandsaert Friday sentenced a Redwood City father accused of whipping his two young sons with an electrical cord to 10 years and eight months in state prison.

Lavadis Henderson, 35, was sentenced for two felony counts of infliction of corporeal punishment on a child resulting in a traumatic condition, Deputy District Attorney Sarah Boxer said. Henderson repeatedly struck his 9- and 11-year-old sons on the buttocks with a vacuum cleaner extension cord.

The boys' injuries were reported to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office by Menlo Park's Garfield Charter School officials, who were investigating graffiti vandalism at the school that was allegedly done by one of the boys, according to Boxer. The sheriff's office then notified Child Protective Services and Henderson was arrested. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 5.

Miranda

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2008
MY COUSINS GOT JUSTICE......OR DID THEY.

This creep only got 10 years and 8 months which he will probably only serve 8 due to having to serve 85 percecnt of your sentence... not to add the 8 months already served since his May arrest. YES I KNOW HIM my cousin is the mother of the children he beat. This is not a case of chastising, discipline, or even reprimanding.. THIS IS A CASE OF ABUSE.. He not only beat these children but he abused my cousin throught he whole course of their relationship. I believe that not only he need to be punished but as hard as it is for me to say my cousin needs to be punished as well. AS A MOTHER our job is to protect our children and she failed miserably. He has been in and out of jail on domestic violence charges. COME ON NOW read the wrap sheet he is a child molester and rapist and as someone has previously stated on this site he shouldn't have been near children to begin with nor released from jail. I am glad that he got slapped with 10 years.. but will my young cousin really have justice????? I mean he puts on a great show for the judge to gain pitty but in reality he is a monster!! he is who he wants to be and who he will always be, I know the family I know his parents his mother and his brother and they all have no dealings with him because of choices he made!!! MY COUSINS DIDN'T CHOOSE to have this happen to them and he has traumatized them and has changed their childhood tremendously However, our family will not allow these series of events mold them in to the same monster that he is or allow them to think that ABUSE on any human being is right. I love my cousin and I love her kids....

You can like or dislike what I say but know this I could careless... from just reading some of the other blogs posted regarding his actions (searh Lavadis Henderson dated back to November) I see that ingnorance is still running rampid in our communities.... before you respond or placec a comment read the story that is presented. This wasn't "alleged" this wasn't a matter of "skepticism" and this wasn't a matter of "discipline" this was actions of a monster who finally was taken in and punished for what he has done. He is now married to a 21 year old female that he married in jail.... Hmmmmm and he is what 35???? yes the drive for him to be with young girls is still there he should never be released or see another blue sky. I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine while in prison...
JOHN

Fpo, AP

#2 Jan 30, 2008
MIRANDA
I agree with you good point made. You wrote "my cousin needs to be punished as well" Well By reading what you wrote it seems you knew what was going on and did not act. The school was the one that reported the incedent. Well my point is you should not point your finger at any body when you new of the crime being commited and did nothing you can blame your self a little for letting go on for as long as you say it did..

Case and point; you shut up and thank god he is in jail.
Miranda

San Jose, CA

#3 Jan 31, 2008
Hi John,

I knew of the abuse going on with my Cousin (their mother) not the children. The first that I heard of him laying a hand or OBJECT on the kids was when he was arrested in May and the kids were taken out of the home. Yes knowing about the abuse with their mother my family held out our hands with help many of time only to be shut out from my cousin or have her come live with us, and her turn right back around and be with him again. We had no control over what she allowed to happen to herself. After a while being they lived in Sacramento we lost pretty much all contact until she moved back to the bay area and incidents have began to unfold. So although I respect your opinion and you taking the time to respond, I do not accept any responsibility or blame for what happen to these children or my cousin. She had the help and she had a mouth, and for the times that he was jailed for abuse against her he was shortly released and back in her home. CPS can only investigate if there is probable cause and if they go to a home and all looks well they look at it as a mistaken assumption. It is sad that it took for him putting hands on these children and their being marks for them to actually step in.

And when I speak about past incidents or his wrap sheet... I am not speaking about abuse against the kids.. READ the story, he was jailed for RAPE agains a child under 14, He was jailed for previous domestic viloence cases not only against my cousin..

So do I blame myself.. NO and not even a little as you declare. As I previously stated as MOTHER you are to protect your kids... and my cousin failed them, and so did this monster.

Shut up???? I won't even entertain your words of hostility! YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Melissa

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2008
Hey Miranda,
I am so disgusted with this story already. I hope these kids get a chance at a nice life, where they can be who ever they want to be, without the abusive relationship their mother seems to be attracted to. Its been a long road of disappointment with this whole situation. There will always be women who choose ANYTHING over their children, and that includes pedophile rapist, domestic abusers, and now, child abusers in this case. All I can say is therapy, therapy, therapy. Whatever it is deep down inside of her that she may not be able to get over needs to be brought out, released, and then she can start to work on herself again. Lets hope for the best...

Since: Jan 08

Richmond

#5 Jan 31, 2008
Do you believe that this "mother" should just sit back and wait for someone else to protect her children? What responsibility or role does she play in the case? Do you think she even has a role, or is it just as a victim? Do you believe in Career Victims? Always in the wrong place at the right time, never knew there was a problem until it was too late? I heard she still visits the father in jail. Is that preventative care, or is she just being glad he is in jail? Hard to shut up in a situation like this...too many ignorant decisions, not enough intelligent actions...Oh, and the best part of all, who pays for the court hearings, and for his jail stay? Hmmmm. Too bad it didn't mention his financial role in his children's life. Probably minimal. Sorry for the rant, but, you just sparked those thoughts in my mind with your comment.
JOHN wrote:
MIRANDA
I agree with you good point made. You wrote "my cousin needs to be punished as well" Well By reading what you wrote it seems you knew what was going on and did not act. The school was the one that reported the incedent. Well my point is you should not point your finger at any body when you new of the crime being commited and did nothing you can blame your self a little for letting go on for as long as you say it did..
Case and point; you shut up and thank god he is in jail.
megan

Santa Ana, CA

#6 Sep 23, 2008
To everybody who is judging before knowing a person there are two sides to every story. Just because a person has a wrap sheet does not mean the person can or will be the same. People are entitled to change and grow up. People now a days judge the book by its cover rather than reading the inside which is getting to know a person deep down inside. Sometimes people are set-up and have no defense behind a wrapsheet.
queen pen

Santa Ana, CA

#7 Sep 23, 2008
OH! YEA! I PULLED YOUR CARD MIRRANDA IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU PLAYED A ROLE IN THIS, REASON WHY YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU ARE THE CUZZIN OF THE"MOTHER"it seems you knew what was going on and did not act,
lisa ray

San Jose, CA

#8 Nov 19, 2011
i agree gueen pen the bitch knew what was going on and she didnt care enough then not only that he was set up by his own cousin and this broad he called his wife and are now married with double related kids also he aint no differnet
he beat her ass as well dont think he dont wat yu gotta say bout that cousin of the mama nobody knows the real truth oh but it will be heard his cousin has been sleeping with his wife for years and the finally wanted too be together and what better way too to get rid of a convicted felon it really hurts too see that you people say this and dont even know half of the truth run tell that
Sa da da dat

San Carlos, CA

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Thank God truly for God. He is Almighty and Powerful. We serve a Loving and Forgiving God. In His eyes we are pure and Holy. Whats big to the world is small to God. We are in this world but thanks be to God we are not of the world. When God is BLESSING the devil is messing. Its sad to say the father in this case tried to prevent his children from having to grow up ghetto like he did and now the same childrn are on drugs and incarcerated as well without a father or a mother. A real woman would not have brainwashed her children against their father to then become involved with his nephew/cousin.
if you would like to get REAL information regarding this topic please feel free to email me at [email protected]
HAVE A BLESSED NOT STRESSED DAY! GOD BLESS YOU
Cisco Sanchiz

San Francisco, CA

#10 Nov 23, 2012
CORD ME! PLEASE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KAPERDICK - FIre him and endorsers release him 2 hr Nevera49ersfanagain 2
Close Moffett Field ! (Jun '06) Fri Hellary Clitass 103
News Weird noises are coming Apple complex (Feb '16) Fri Hellary Clitass 40
allentown ny inbred (Mar '09) Fri Hellary Clitass 282
Lyft in Sunnyvale Fri Hellary Clitass 3
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Fri Hellary Clitass 23
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Fri Hellary Clitass 106

Los Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Altos Mortgages