Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6855 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

xando

United States

#4958 Jan 22, 2013
So if there are dumb kids and smart kids in every state, what makes the NM education system rank last in the country? If it's not dumb students and their families (as teachers like to say), then is it the educators?

That's my next question, but it's been my question all along.......one you seem unable to answer.

Try again.
Not teaching wrote:
<quoted text>I don't dispute that there are dumb kids and smart kids in every state. I don't dispute that I am smarter than you. Next question.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#4960 Jan 22, 2013
So the answer is: the reason NM lands at the very bottom educationally is not because of educators, but because this state has the dumbest population in the entire country.

I'm sure teachers here are relieved to have their suspicions confirmed.
It is the libs wrote:
<quoted text>It's dumb parents. This is a liberal democrat state. It's the libs who ruin everything they touch. Democrats are poison. I hope this answers your question.
inhaleditz

Glendale, AZ

#4961 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks Susan wrote:
<quoted text>She is a breath of fresh air for this state compared to that lard ass Bill. I have never felt better or safer in this state. She is here to stay. She wins reelection easy, nothing an idiot like you can do about it.
Safe as in Richard Serna safe. Between a thirty-pack and a baseball bat he managed to put someone in a coma who eventually died. Pleads no contest and only spends 16 months in jail! Only to reconvict within the next 12 months. Sounds like nepotism is very safe with Martinez and former Judge 'Mic' Schultz.

I'm glad you have your medical marijuana card, but remember to inhale, it might help you separate fact from fiction.
justmaybe

Glendale, AZ

#4962 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks Susan wrote:
<quoted text>She is a breath of fresh air for this state compared to that lard ass Bill. I have never felt better or safer in this state. She is here to stay. She wins reelection easy, nothing an idiot like you can do about it.
Maybe Bob Perry will buy up all the www.disintegratingjustice.com books before the next election. Like it never happened down at District.

Maybe Slevin will get a post in Santa Fe.(little bit less than a million a month)

Maybe Alvaro Nunez-Hernandez and Charlie Brown will replace the Roadrunner on the billboard coming into Las Cruces.(How bout for 43 days at least)

Maybe the new DA and three judges will get hooked on lipitor and forget that they were elected.

Maybe we'll check back and see for ourselves.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4967 Jan 23, 2013
Hmmm...

Here's dirty.

Amy Orlando would not sign the order for my case. My attorney prepared the order submitted it for the district attorney to sign and she chose not to.

So it sat for 7 months.

Mark D'Antonio gets sworn in on December 21, 2012 and my order gets signed that day officially closing mt case.

So if you still think Orlando or Martinez are on the up-and-up, the only thing up is their pride and as it appears with this election it came before their fall.
We all need Justice

Albuquerque, NM

#4968 Jan 24, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
Hmmm...
Here's dirty.
Amy Orlando would not sign the order for my case. My attorney prepared the order submitted it for the district attorney to sign and she chose not to.
So it sat for 7 months.
Mark D'Antonio gets sworn in on December 21, 2012 and my order gets signed that day officially closing mt case.
So if you still think Orlando or Martinez are on the up-and-up, the only thing up is their pride and as it appears with this election it came before their fall.
How did you you pay for your lawyer?I heard a rumor that something like you went through happened again ,but a little different ,any suggestions ?
al lmao

Glendale, AZ

#4969 Jan 24, 2013
Fatty wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you will choke on a piece of fat and turn so blue that they laugh at you......
Ahh, don't feel so blue F-boy, maybe they have big plans for you and a way-crazy promotion waiting in Las Vegas, NM. I'm sure you have more impressive credentials than the recent curbed appointees.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4971 Jan 24, 2013
We all need Justice wrote:
<quoted text>How did you you pay for your lawyer?I heard a rumor that something like you went through happened again ,but a little different ,any suggestions ?
I had a court appointed attorney.

What rumor did you hear?
goodriddance

Glendale, AZ

#4972 Jan 26, 2013
Hmmm...
Here's dirty.
So it sat for 7 months.
Can you imagine! A DA(former defense attorney) from Dona Ana County that actually does their job with professionalism, integrity, within the law and time limits set forth by the New Mexico Supreme Court....and doesn't have a LCSN's reporter's lips stuck to their rear end.

God Bless Mark D'Antonio and his staff and thanks for bringing some decency back to the Third Judicial District Court!
theimplied

Glendale, AZ

#4973 Jan 26, 2013
al lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, don't feel so blue F-boy, maybe they have big plans for you and a way-crazy promotion waiting in Las Vegas, NM. I'm sure you have more impressive credentials than the recent curbed appointees.
Boy, they sure mopped up F-boy's implied threat rather quickly. Now that the Devil's dozen has been replaced down at the DA's office, I wonder if the harrassment at the border crossings will cease when I present my passport and SS#. Martinez and her croonies, talk about good for nothing political parasites.

“The Gruber pile lies still”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4974 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
What rumor did you hear?
I heard he's no longer court appointed, but fee based, after
sending Orlando's best packing with a directed verdict.
GetItExpunged

Los Alamos, NM

#4975 Jan 26, 2013
Hmmm...
Here's dirty.
So it sat for 7 months.
Make sure, since you won, he asks D'Antonio to expunge it. It's up to the judge, and since you work with kids, it'd be better, given your innocence, it never appears ever again.

good luck, tho given how wel lyour last lawyer did, don't think you will need it at all. What a travesty of justice!
MartinezLies

Los Alamos, NM

#4976 Jan 26, 2013
Martinez Pretense of Open Gov’t Collapses
January 18, 2013

On December 28th, the New Mexico Attorney General’s office ordered the Martinez administration to provide to ISPAC documents related to the Louisiana hunting trip taken by Martinez husband Chuck Franco and two state police officers from the governor’s security detail.

Despite telling the media that they would produce the documents they have yet to do so some twenty days after being ordered to provide them.

In addition to promising the voters a transparent government if elected, Martinez told the New Mexico press that her administration would strive to produce documents in less than the 15-day maximum allowable time frame under the Inspection of Public Records Act.

But ISPAC is not alone in having to wait for public records especially those relating to the Dirty Downs deal.

http://www.independentsourcepac.com/martinez-...

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4977 Jan 26, 2013
A lib that ends in an wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he's no longer court appointed, but fee based, after
sending Orlando's best packing with a directed verdict.
Actually my former attorney, Pedro Pineda, now works in the District Attorney's office.

I think he's going to make a difference.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newmexico/ci_22264...

Mr. Pineda handled my case as he was contracted to do. I'll admit I fought with him a bit on things (not physical and we didn't argue) just after how I was treated by the other ones I had I wanted to make sure I had every piece of evidence and every witness I could find in my favor.

But it came down to one thing and I guess he knew it all along. Susana Martinez and her staff filed a case with no evidence. No evidence whatsoever to support the criminal charge. So I guess he strongly knew once they presented what they had, which was nothing, that he could get a directed verdict.

In the end I told him "I'm sorry I should've trusted you more." and he said, "I'm glad you fought for it."

Now that he's in the DA's office it's a good and bad thing. It's bad because Dona Ana county just lost a good defense attorney, but it's good because in the DA's office you'll see cases handled better.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4978 Jan 26, 2013
GetItExpunged wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure, since you won, he asks D'Antonio to expunge it. It's up to the judge, and since you work with kids, it'd be better, given your innocence, it never appears ever again.
good luck, tho given how wel lyour last lawyer did, don't think you will need it at all. What a travesty of justice!
I'll look into it, but going through New Mexico law there's no real procedure to expunge arrests. Oh there is for misdemeanors, but felonies, no such thing. That's why the legislature proposed a bill, but Martinez vetoed it. See people like her love to keep their thumbs on people. They don't forgive, but they bust ass when it's one of their own.
We all need Justice

Albuquerque, NM

#4979 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll look into it, but going through New Mexico law there's no real procedure to expunge arrests. Oh there is for misdemeanors, but felonies, no such thing. That's why the legislature proposed a bill, but Martinez vetoed it. See people like her love to keep their thumbs on people. They don't forgive, but they bust ass when it's one of their own.
While you were going through this did you have people stalk you , harrass you etc ?

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4980 Jan 27, 2013
We all need Justice wrote:
<quoted text>While you were going through this did you have people stalk you , harrass you etc ?
Actually to this very day.

As I have repeatedly stated I coach basketball. I have a club team and I gather information on area kids to pass on to college coaches. College recruiting does not go the way you see it on TV or movies. NCAA coaches are restricted in amount of contacts they have with student-athletes. For instance during the academic year they are limited to 40 days of evaluations. There are 50 states so obviously they can't go see everyone. Next they are limited to 5 "official" visits with any one particular student-athlete. So if they do choose to go to a high school game to evaluate a player they limit those to ones they have already decided on trying to sign.

These coaches actually subscribe to scouting and recruiting agencies such as:

http://www.bluestarbb.com/

That's where they get a high percentage of their recruiting information. They attend tournament events in July, the largest being:

http://images.aausports.org.s3-website-us-eas...

College coaches attend these events to scout players. The ones they like they see how they are ranked in national scouting reports and then if they look good they seek out to sign them. At that point they may go to a high school game to let that player know they are interested in signing them.

That's how it works. The Hollywood fantasy is just that, a fantasy. There is no such thing that a player who scores a lot per game automatically draws interest because the coaches do not read the El Paso Times! So how does a coach learn about these kids...well they seek out information from people like me.

With all that said...

I go to Santa Teresa to gather some information on some area players. I could get them added to the BlueStar report and vastly increase their chances at a collegiate opportunity.

Ah but the Santa Teresa kicked me out and later I learned that Barbara Browder told the administration that I was banned from the campus.

Hmmm I was suspended from Chaparral, not Santa Teresa. My problem involved only, and I do mean only, two people from Chaparral. The mother and father of the girl that I was supposedly stalking. And yet I can't go to Santa Teresa? The girl involved in my case is now a sophomore at NMSU. The parents did not have any kid participating in this event nor was Chaparral itself at this location...soooooo...how am I banned from Santa Teresa?

To me that qualifies as harassment because they are interfering with a state right:

NMSA 30-20-13. Interference with members of staff, public officials or the general public; trespass; damage to property; misdemeanors; penalties.

But more so a federal right:

18 USC § 245 - Federally protected activities

So you have Barbara Browder enforcing a penalty that as a State agent she has no right to do.

Now for others...Sarcastic Bombastic, Jeff Murphy, Darren, among others. Granted this is the internet, but the line of free speech is drawn at defamation.

"Spreading false information in and of itself carries no First Amendment credentials." Herbert v. Lando, 441 U.S. 153, 99 S.Ct. 1635, 60 L.Ed.2d 115 (1979)
"Under the First Amendment there is no such thing as a false idea." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323, 94 S.Ct. 2997, 41 L.Ed.2d 789 (1974)
"[T]he knowingly false statement and the false statement made with reckless disregard of the truth, do not enjoy constitutional protection." Garrison v. State of Louisiana, 379 U.S. 64, 85 S.Ct. 209, 13 L.Ed.2d 125 (1964)

Some people treat the Constitution as just another piece of paper. They do not care that people died to protect those very rights.
nomistakenidenti ty

Glendale, AZ

#4981 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>
What rumor did you hear?
I heard that based on how smoothly things have been run in just his first thirty days on the job, Mark D'Antonio may actually fill in for the Maytag repair guy commercial.lol
morefodderfromth equeen

Glendale, AZ

#4982 Jan 27, 2013
MartinezLies wrote:
Martinez Pretense of Open Gov’t Collapses
January 18, 2013
On December 28th, the New Mexico Attorney General’s office ordered the Martinez administration to provide to ISPAC documents related to the Louisiana hunting trip taken by Martinez husband Chuck Franco and two state police officers from the governor’s security detail.
Despite telling the media that they would produce the documents they have yet to do so some twenty days after being ordered to provide them.
In addition to promising the voters a transparent government if elected, Martinez told the New Mexico press that her administration would strive to produce documents in less than the 15-day maximum allowable time frame under the Inspection of Public Records Act.
But ISPAC is not alone in having to wait for public records especially those relating to the Dirty Downs deal.
http://www.independentsourcepac.com/martinez-...
Looks like more 'disintegrating' fodder for Daniel Rivera, only this takes place in the Governor's mansion
RaiseWages Now

Los Alamos, NM

#4984 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually to this very day.
Me too, and harass, from the local YMCA head of member services, to a stepson who another stepson admitted they paid to do it, he lives with a guy who heads part of the project for cleaning up Area G in Los lamos, and he did it after an audit pointed out they had been faking the cleanup and the audits of it. In addition, I was threatened at church, and with eviction, too.

all ofthem said it was because of what I said, not one person, has so far stated I am telling a Lie, that is how NM goes-a court proved hi mnot guilty, she did not have a restrainign order, and the cop who told us, Girmendonk, our kidd woudl be arrested for stalkign for following us, the y head has said he told her it was no true. He told us something VERY different, and too ka report, which he has also refused to ink, so right now we are in limbo, and will probably be lied about i nthe future.

He was lied about, and so were we. The leo's in some cases, eespecially Regenold, threatened me, andn ow the guy they were protecting, they are threatening me directly and thru other people ,not to testify or help the SF DA's office, whiel they pursue greatly reduced child molestatio ncharges on.

It was a hit, and is now. The eviction thing will be our second fight, both have been ludicrous, all designed to keep our mouths shut, and so occupied, we cannot effectively sleep ,eat or fight back.

My step-daughter was selling drugs on a spec ed bus, to the parents, and the Y head's hubby is her boss, so they went after us this way.

I understand Terrance, truly I understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... May 25 wowed 4
Danny K Burns, The Finishing Touch May 24 Hope 5
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... May 18 Another 26
unleashed dogs (Aug '15) May 18 LatroFrema 2
Wshington State Department of Non-Citations Mar '16 The Guy Who Posted 1
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... Jan '16 marggie 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamos Mortgages