3 arrested over towing

3 arrested over towing

There are 153 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jun 26, 2008, titled 3 arrested over towing. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Three people were arrested after Long Beach Police detectives witnessed illegal auto towing at a Long Beach shopping center on Thursday morning, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Blue Collar Groupie 0076

Camarillo, CA

#153 Jul 3, 2008
Kingbuku wrote:
Tow truck drivers are scum that couldn't get a real job as repo men
A job is a job. Especially now with so many people out of work. Your a jackass! Put down the meth pipe and quit leaving hate mail at 4 in the morning - fool!
Old Man Tower

Los Angeles, CA

#154 Jul 3, 2008
Hay Kigbuka repo men are the men that could not cut it as tow men talk about scum you guys are the most untalented drivers out there
photon

Los Angeles, CA

#155 Jul 3, 2008
Lets look at the facts- 3 people arrested, 2 employees from Mr.C's and the security gaurd, Ther security gaurd has to call in the PPI to Mr. C's before they can pick up any vehicle, it has to signed off by the security gaurd before they leave with a vehicle. Yes the tow company should have strapped the vehicles down better than they should have and been fined, we do not know all the facts, only what the press is allowing us, so the rest should be left for the courts. As for the few of you that are being oppportunistic to take jabs at the owners of Mr.C's It is obvious that you have a grudge for some God forsaken reason(Maybe fired? because you were the low life tow driver???) Tow truck drivers are out there making a living , have families to support and bills to pay like you and me so why are they so below you?
photon

Los Angeles, CA

#156 Jul 3, 2008
Kingbuku wrote:
Tow truck drivers are scum that couldn't get a real job as repo men
So tell me what tow company do you or should I say did you work for? You sound like your seasoned? God knows you talk a lot. A real job is whatever brings home the money to pay bills, put food on the table, etc.
photon

Los Angeles, CA

#157 Jul 3, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>The Law = Mike & Curtis
Ex-employee? Ax to grind? Had you vehicle towed? Competition?
Who are you to make a statement like that, no one is above the law. They (Mike and Curtis) will have to pay fines and remove thier vehicles from impound just like thier customers do. They are going to have consequences and repercussions because of this. It's an unfortunate situation for everyone involved.
JIMMY

Northbrook, IL

#158 Jul 7, 2008
I have to tell you MR. C'S TOWING SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS FOR ILLEGAL TOWING PRACTICE . Also other tow companies would have something to learn from this..... citizens in long beach should take this matter to the next level and go to district attroney office . give LONG BEACH POLICE DEPT LOTS OF CREDIT ......JOB WELL DONE LETS PUT THESE CRIMANALS BEHINDE BARS. ALL THE LAW INFORCEMENT WHO WORK WITH MR. C'S TOWING SHOULD HAVE TERMINATE THEM WRITE AWAY.......
Matt Sheldon

Colorado Springs, CO

#159 Jul 7, 2008
I served two deployments with one of the people that was arrested. Its bull$__ that a security guard that was ACCUSED of being a spotter. There is NO "F" ing proof!!!!! One of the three arrested is NOT the type of person to be involved with a crime like that. So all of you that still think that he needs to go to jail and then get his future ruined go "F" yourself. I dont want you supporting him or I as we fight for your freedom.
sean

Bellflower, CA

#160 Jul 7, 2008
i know the security guard and he is a straight up kid. served his country in active army. service two tour in Iraq and now in the National Guard. If you are going to talk shit about anyone you should find out some history about them
sean

Bellflower, CA

#161 Jul 7, 2008
the security guy was just doing his job. if you went to Bixby Village and look at the parking lot around 0830 and wait about 10 min. you would see people parking there car and leaving property. ask anyone that work in Bixby and they will tell you about the parking problem.
Johnny

United States

#162 Jul 8, 2008
He will do nothing like that. He's the type of person that would do positive things not negitive things. Hes just doing his job.
tomuchtimeonyour hands

Norwalk, CA

#163 Jul 31, 2008
AH FREEDOM OF SPEECH SURE BRINGS THE ASS OUT IN SO MANY, THESE PEOPEL GOT CAUGHT AND THEY WILL SURELY PAY. LIKE SO MANY HAVE SAID BEFORE ONE BAD APPLE DOESN'T SPOIL THE WHOLE BUNCH.
GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON
Mr Cs mechanic

Sherman Oaks, CA

#164 Sep 16, 2008
I love Mr C's towing, I heard that Mike Welsh actually broke his mechanics back after drinking a little too much Jack Daniels and rolled his buggy? Is that true? Did he throw his wife out of his boat too?? I sure hope this isn't the same guy that parks his big ass boat on my street and ticks off all the neighbors here in Seal Beach?
I know this is an old post, but if anyone knows more info about Mike, please let me know thru this post. This jackass lives too close to me, predatory towing, illegal towing aside, I just want to know if these stories are true.
Thanks
I tow

Long Beach, CA

#165 Oct 24, 2008
what is the law reguarding this ?
lbpd wrote:
big thing is tow companies "stacking" cars they towed from private lots. while the tow from the lot was legal, drivers would yank a bunch of cars from the lot and hide them near by. once all the cars are removed the drivers tow them to the tow yard and call the tow into the police. supposed to tow a car to the yard, call it in, then go get another (if any) car. I absolutley hate tow truck companies. I have spent hours trying to catch the stacking drivers-but it is hard to do.
I tow

Long Beach, CA

#166 Oct 24, 2008
did U know that IS illegal for mr Cs towing to remove private impounded vehicles from the city of long beach, there lot or offices is located in los alamitos .per L.B.municipal code 5.82.140.any and all persons that have had there vehicle towed should contact L.B.P.D. auto theft detale and ask to have full invetagation of MR Cs towing .the more complaints thay get the better. also ...... MR Cc is liable for up to 4 times the amount on the tow bill.
ROBBIN

Los Angeles, CA

#167 Oct 25, 2008
Damonz wrote:
I hope they goto jail.
THEY ARE JUST DOING THERE JOBS! DONT PARK THERE AND IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU MORONS!
I tow

Inglewood, CA

#168 Oct 25, 2008
ROBBIN wrote:
<quoted text>THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS! DONT PARK THERE AND IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU MORONS!
Mr Cs also lost its contract with the city of long beach over this, as it should . and now Mr Cs has created a company called (Best parking solutions) to sign authorizations so they can tow cars. this company is bogus , has no real address , a po box near Mr Cs and charges the owner of the property a monthly fee( around $ 200 dollars a month) to (PATROLL)every night. and guess who has signs are at the lots/ and apts Mr Cs.Th guy that does this patrolling thinks he knows all there is to know about 22658a, the cvc code that governs towing in california. But he does not.HE HAS MADE MANY MISTAKES and is gona pay a high price for it. Mark my words.Impounding vehicles is an important service to the comunity, without it alot of people would have many problems with illeagly parked vehicles, but MR cs thinks its above the law for many reasons and many years. Did you know thair still impounding in LB , GO FIGURE .HUM.....
LBPD Are Dumbasses

San Diego, CA

#169 May 19, 2009
charges dismissed guys!
dont trip

United States

#170 May 28, 2009
lbpd wrote:
big thing is tow companies "stacking" cars they towed from private lots. while the tow from the lot was legal, drivers would yank a bunch of cars from the lot and hide them near by. once all the cars are removed the drivers tow them to the tow yard and call the tow into the police. supposed to tow a car to the yard, call it in, then go get another (if any) car. I absolutley hate tow truck companies. I have spent hours trying to catch the stacking drivers-but it is hard to do.
its not really hard to stack a car...there easy to find
jakinupfoos

Lake Elsinore, CA

#171 Sep 21, 2009
mr cs devil is mark mathis the homo car theif with a felony record.for stealing cars and hes still there whats mike thinking ....or is he ??
US CITIZEN

United States

#172 Sep 21, 2009
Well he is involved for a reason !!! I say throw the book at everyone involved!!! Hey you need to be investigated too, you might be involved too.
Matt Sheldon wrote:
I served two deployments with one of the people that was arrested. Its bull$__ that a security guard that was ACCUSED of being a spotter. There is NO "F" ing proof!!!!! One of the three arrested is NOT the type of person to be involved with a crime like that. So all of you that still think that he needs to go to jail and then get his future ruined go "F" yourself. I dont want you supporting him or I as we fight for your freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 min LM Insight 10,428
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr TRUTH TOLD 21,376
Judge Deborah B Andrews being sued (Oct '11) 14 hr RIPMGZE777 45
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 17 hr Cotta 1
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) Wed tellinitlikeitis 143
News Mexican Mafia's roots run deep in San Gabriel V... Wed Marie 3
News Islamic Republic of Iran Will Be Defeated Tue Benjamin 5

Los Alamitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamitos Mortgages