3 arrested over towing

3 arrested over towing

There are 152 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jun 26, 2008, titled 3 arrested over towing. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Three people were arrested after Long Beach Police detectives witnessed illegal auto towing at a Long Beach shopping center on Thursday morning, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

thetruth

Pasadena, CA

#24 Jun 27, 2008
Kelly M Bray wrote:
If any of the LBPD that post here read this, I have a question. I thought the law required that a car be parked for one hour before being towed from a private lot, barring immediate safety hazards or right of way blockage. What is the law?
Wuzfuz is right. But officers can check to make sure that the tow drivers carry the contract with them saying they have a right to conduct business at that property. Officers can conduct a safety inspection of the tow truck to make sure the truck is up to code. There's a whole list that the tow driver and truck must keep on hand to makes sure they'er up to par. The security guard has to have certain things adhearing to their employment as well. It will differ from city to city but any officer taking the time to research the law can sometimes find an infraction or violation of the law when it comes to security guards. It all comes down to how much time and effort the police officer is willing to take to fix the problem if there is one at the time.
Phyllis Willis

Cerritos, CA

#25 Jun 27, 2008
Cole was a thief in Bellflower...con artist..con artsit.love to see he's getting his 'KARMA'? Cole, you get what you deserve. And for you illegal bashing fools, ain't no illegals here." LOVE TO SEE YOU GETTING YOUR JUST REWARD FINALLY, COLE. "
Phyllis Willis

Cerritos, CA

#26 Jun 27, 2008
How's jail, Cole? Not too fun, hah? Didn't go to jail until now? Wow. Ain't life funny. YOU CAN BET YOUR A$$ES THAT THIS WAS CRIMINAL ACTION. NOTHING LEGAL HERE. Don't get fat in jail, Cole. We know how the prisoners have 'rights' and you'll get your desert. Sorry. Don't feel sorry for you. You deserve jail.
Anon

Norwalk, CA

#27 Jun 27, 2008
Let's be honest -- this parking lot is across the street from CSULB and they have to take an agressive approach against those students who are too cheap/too lazy to park down the hill in the pay lots.

Tow 'em all -- let God sort 'em out.
Anon

Norwalk, CA

#28 Jun 27, 2008
The story does not make clear what was "illegal" about the towing.
aNON

Cerritos, CA

#31 Jun 27, 2008
Anon wrote:
The story does not make clear what was "illegal" about the towing.
It will take a long time, but the TRUTH will come out. WHY would the LBPD waste their time picking on the tow company and not the ILLEGALS and the ILLEGAL-PARKING-STUDENTS?
STOP STEALING MIKE

Riverside, CA

#33 Jun 27, 2008
I have ALOT to share on this story,,This Mike guy!!!! I will bet hes a member of some sort of kiss butt police club that tries to shmoose off of police officials that may be crooked!! looks like it back fired Mike.Hats off to LBPD on the sting. When i think of a tow SERVICE, i think of a guy that would help my mom or my wife and kids if they were broke down on the side of the road,,, NOT MR C'S TOWING in Los Alamitos or Mike and his posse of thieves. Theyd rather rip off your car, impound it, and then hope they can lien sale it in their auction at MR C'S TOW yard in Los Alamitos. WOW what a service!!! So american!! Ya right!! I wonder if this is the same Mike that strong arms people at restraunts or the same Mike that screwed half the people he grew up with and most of the people that worked for him. Im not sure!! I also wonder if a Los Alamitos police officer has any ties to MR C'S TOWING in Los Alamitos!! HUMMMM Its unfortunate that this sting didnt happen years ago, because i will bet MR C's TOWING has been stealing for a long time. Oh by the way if you want a really good deal on a car,, go to Mr C's car auctions,,, I think its still cash only!!!
PDtowmanAKAMrCst owing

Riverside, CA

#34 Jun 27, 2008
PDtowman wrote:
All u ppl on here are idiots, what these guys are doing is providing a service to the property owner, property management, or the security on the property to remove cars that don't belong on the property. Drivers do not recive a kickback on the cars that they tow and, they are just tring to make a honest living like u and me. Whether u like it or not tow truck drivers arn't all corrupt and theifs as most ppl like to belive. The tow companu can't not be responsible for the bad judgement of a security guard that may or may not fully understand the law
PDtowman AKA Mr C's Towing!!! You people at Mr C's have been practicing bad judgement for a long time,,, hummm just like a thief and DRUG dealer make bad judgements. Oh by the way while You sit in your cozy million dollar home with your sporty wrecked cars and river house,,honestly can say to yourself "im honest" seriously,,,, your sick I will bet you cheat your own empoyees too!!
beeler II

Seal Beach, CA

#35 Jun 27, 2008
I've seen cars towed in Anaheim at Amer. Sport Ctr.,$325.00 cash money. They are towed to a fenced in lot that is a parking lot for service trucks. Anaheim police seem to do nothing. Most of the cars are parked in "parking for customers only", but the stores are CLOSED on the weekends. Somebody is making a killing. Just another example of the morals and greed in todays world.
Maya

Thousand Oaks, CA

#36 Jun 27, 2008
It sounds like it was illegal is two ways. One, the tow yard was in Los Alamitos and the lbpd poster mentioned that that car has to be taken to the tow yard, unloaded, and called in to the police to be legitimate. They took the car to a lot down the street. Two, it would be illegal is someone went into one of the stores in the center and their car was towed. Also, it depends on what the signs say in the parking lot. Just saying customer parking only is not enough. Berkeley, CA has some signs that state that walking across the street =s violating the parking rules even if you shopped at both stores. Some of these companies are crooked. I once was going to be towed from my own apartment complex when I was moving in. The manager let me park in her spot so that It would be easier to move in. Needless to say she never called the tow company they just came and tried to take it away. And proceeded to try to load the car even when I got down there before my car was even connected (illegal). I had to run and get the manager and have her yell at him and call his boss. I think he may have gotten fired over this :-).
SBPD

Riverside, CA

#37 Jun 27, 2008
Maya wrote:
It sounds like it was illegal is two ways. One, the tow yard was in Los Alamitos and the lbpd poster mentioned that that car has to be taken to the tow yard, unloaded, and called in to the police to be legitimate. They took the car to a lot down the street. Two, it would be illegal is someone went into one of the stores in the center and their car was towed. Also, it depends on what the signs say in the parking lot. Just saying customer parking only is not enough. Berkeley, CA has some signs that state that walking across the street =s violating the parking rules even if you shopped at both stores. Some of these companies are crooked. I once was going to be towed from my own apartment complex when I was moving in. The manager let me park in her spot so that It would be easier to move in. Needless to say she never called the tow company they just came and tried to take it away. And proceeded to try to load the car even when I got down there before my car was even connected (illegal). I had to run and get the manager and have her yell at him and call his boss. I think he may have gotten fired over this :-).
Exactly!! Maybe the owner of Mr C's towing should fire the manager, I'll bet the manager is hustling cars from parking lots and making a killing. I would also have to say the security guards probably get a little something for helping!!! Im just saying!! But it sounds like Mr C's is tight so the security guard and the drivers are probably on their own. I'll bet this Mike guy thinks hes above the law!! What do you think?
AAA

Riverside, CA

#38 Jun 27, 2008
We are AAA service here in Orange County, we tow lots of vehicles, all of which are disabled from mechanical problems, wrecks and so on. We assist alot of custumers with or without AAA cards. we are fair priced, dependable and respectful to peoples situations. Its sad that these types of companies are giving the tow business and bad name. Is Mr C's towing AAA? Nope I wonder how much of their $1.5 million dollar income last year had anything to do with GENUINE SERVICE!! Is it fair practice to other tow companies? Hey PDtowing i think you owe me some money from football wager.
aNON

Cerritos, CA

#39 Jun 27, 2008
AAA wrote:
We are AAA service here in Orange County, we tow lots of vehicles, all of which are disabled from mechanical problems, wrecks and so on. We assist alot of custumers with or without AAA cards. we are fair priced, dependable and respectful to peoples situations. Its sad that these types of companies are giving the tow business and bad name. Is Mr C's towing AAA? Nope I wonder how much of their $1.5 million dollar income last year had anything to do with GENUINE SERVICE!! Is it fair practice to other tow companies? Hey PDtowing i think you owe me some money from football wager.
They got caught. Hope it's a wake-up call for other slimy businesses. Doubt it. Money rules, eh? Ethics? What's that?
OG masta cush

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Jun 27, 2008
dat top flight security is innocent until proven guilty
Anon

Pico Rivera, CA

#47 Jun 27, 2008
If the drivers of the decoy cars parked them, and then walked off the shopping center premises and headed over to the school, then the vehicles should get towed whether it was 5 minutes, 20 minutes, whatever.
Anon

Pico Rivera, CA

#48 Jun 27, 2008
Some of the folks posting here remind me of the perps who complain because the handcuffs are too tight or the jail food isn't as good as Mom's cooking.

If you don't want your car towed, don't park in the shopping center lot unless you are a bona fide customer. Buying a Coke at Ralphs and then attending four hours of classes doesn't count.

Pony up the 5 bucks and park in the huge pay lots that are only full two days a year. This may mean you can't wait til the last minute to leave home for class. If you can't handle the responsibilities of attending CSULB -- transfer!
net guru long beach

Redwood Estates, CA

#49 Jun 27, 2008
i own 4 proprties in long beach I use AA towing my properties are properly identified by law I will tow any unauthorized vehicles at any time i will hold the owner of the vehicle for towing fees for parking on my property at any time the pilgrams that overflow my parking lot from apartments either need to buy there own home to park their cars or park on the street and not on my property it not the tow companys fault or owners fault either to take responsibility for the other persons bad decision making sorry for your loss pilgrams but not really
real story

Surfside, CA

#50 Jun 27, 2008
Just like many of the so called victims that are towed they dont have the backbone to own up to there
own sence of poor judgement like ignoring the red and white 17x22" signs posted all over the property at all the entrances , light standards ect. I ve seen what goes on in this parking lot while Im trying to do my shoping night after night drunk and beligerant spoiled idiots that think there above the working class and are anti war freaks to boot fill the parking lot every day and night . I bet the cops behind this sting were towed because they ignored the prperty rules signs somewhere and because they have bad attitudes and abuseing there authority bemanding there cars be released at no charge didnt get there way so they set the bait and trasped there prey being mrcs drivers
own up to your f#*king mistakes you poor me lifes not fair a#*holes
Liesure world towing

Westminster, CA

#55 Jun 27, 2008
I miss those folks!! Old fashion tow service
Ronald

Clayfield, Australia

#59 Jun 27, 2008
DESIREE LONG BEACH wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE DOES IT SAY THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY..i SEE NO RACE IN THE REPORT
Disiree (Post 13) has a valid point. While most crime (especially violent crime) is committed by "Blacks", not all crime is.

Unfortunately, the "news" conceals the race of criminals whenever possible when crime stories
are reported. It is quite natural for the reader, therefore, to assume ALL reports of criminal activities, involve "Blacks", including legal and illegal immigrants from Caribbean or Latin American nations.

This is unfortunate.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 15 hr lmsa dad 6,613
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 16 hr AHM Homie 490
Review: Emil Estafanous, CPA (Jan '11) 19 hr Joey C 16
Breakfast at KuckDonald's With Rosie 20 hr Smiley Trewla 1
Big Rig Hits Twelve Cars Parked Along Santa Fe ... 22 hr Jane 1
Mysterious black car on the prowl in Bixby Knolls 22 hr James 1
News Don't forget: Fireworks banned in many area cities (Jun '10) Jun 21 M80InUrMailbox 11

Los Alamitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamitos Mortgages