Belmont Shore gift shop owner forced to close store after diagnosis

Gregory Taylor ,left, gets a hug from customer. After 30 years in business, Babcock & Cooke on Broadway and Redondo Avenue will close this year, owner Gregory Taylor announced this week. Full Story
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#1 Sep 30, 2012
Ever since the Government - for tax and control related purposes only - began its war against decent women and men who enjoy the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of partaking in an occasional tobacco product, the only result has been a skyrocketing rate of non-smoker deaths and illness. Yet, Government licensed "news" organs always mention a "tobacco related" association when "news" media relates stories about the death or illness of decent hard working tobacco smokers.

It would be interesting to note whether the many deaths and illnesses of individuals mentioned in this article were suffered by tobacco smokers or non-tobacco smokers. The reason I bring this inconvenient question up is because Government agent teachers promised that if their politician pals were to impose ever more burdensome tobacco taxes on our moms and dads - as well as getting their hands on $Billions of Big Tobacco settlement loot - it would "solve" the unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded Government school funding problem.

Ronald
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 30, 2012
I was waiting to see if you could post something without using the term "revolutionary," "lowenthal," or "tobacco," and you couldn't.

You're neurotic.
marco

Long Beach, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2012
It's just the same post over and over again. Rearrange the words, and post it. Enlightening, eh?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4 Sep 30, 2012
marco wrote:
It's just the same post over and over again. Rearrange the words, and post it. Enlightening, eh?
marco.

Yes. Unlike the "situation ethics" that has been taught in expensive taxpayer funded Government schools since the revolution, truth does not change. Orwellian ethics teaches that what is true today, may differ from what was true yesterday, and be still different again tomorrow. That is polar opposite to Christian belief. According to the Biblical record:

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13:8)

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)

Ronald
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#5 Oct 1, 2012
We all go through a lot of 'hell' in our lifetime. Just one more challenge is enough to break anyone's back. Sorry to hear that Gregory Taylor has had to face so many. I don't know anything about the man, his life style or his business but I know that would wear me down. Surviving life is challenging enough especially in today's society.Find what ever strength is left and fight. You can prove an inspiration to others who want to give up hope. You don't have to be a part of that statistic.
I know I have seen my share of 'hell' in my lifetime and I do not know why I am still alive BUT I am not asking any questions. I am here for a reason, don't know what it is but I am still here. I suffer with a lot of pain, need constant operations and medical treatments but so far I am getting what I need. I am an inspiration to myself that I have survived this long.
I live by one motto and that is: Practice is the preacher and experience is the teacher. It helps me survive.
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
marco.
Yes. Unlike the "situation ethics" that has been taught in expensive taxpayer funded Government schools since the revolution, truth does not change. Orwellian ethics teaches that what is true today, may differ from what was true yesterday, and be still different again tomorrow. That is polar opposite to Christian belief. According to the Biblical record:
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13:8)
"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)
Ronald
You talk about political science, and again "revolutions," then you quote the bible. You're not only neurotic, you're not very bright.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#7 Oct 1, 2012
doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about political science, and again "revolutions," then you quote the bible. You're not only neurotic, you're not very bright.
doctor.

It's a "democracy" ain't it? In case you never got around to taking a taxpayer funded Civics class in expensive taxpayer funded Government school, I should inform you that the votes of we dumb folks carry just as much weight as do the votes of "smart" Alec non-smokers.

Ronald
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
doctor.
It's a "democracy" ain't it? In case you never got around to taking a taxpayer funded Civics class in expensive taxpayer funded Government school, I should inform you that the votes of we dumb folks carry just as much weight as do the votes of "smart" Alec non-smokers.
Ronald
It ain't a democracy. It's a republic. Apparently you missed some key points in your civics class when you were outside smoking like a mental patient.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#9 Oct 1, 2012
doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't a democracy. It's a republic. Apparently you missed some key points in your civics class when you were outside smoking like a mental patient.
doctor.

Don't tell me you missed the revolution? You should have been smoking tobacco instead of "that good stuff". As a Government "doctor" you certainly have read the literature where it has been reported that taxpayer funded "studies" have determined tobacco heightens mental acuity.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/56aq5u

It is no surprise that, after 60s 70s era revolutionary Government activists *(druggies)*(now in power)* seized control of the health care industry - for purposes of increased taxation and Governmental control only - and began the war against decent women and men who enjoy the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product, that taxpayer funded Government health care costs have skyrocketed to astronomical levels.

Most tobacco smokers live just as long as most non-smokers, and they live longer than great numbers of them. They are certainly healthier than most non-smokers. Government health statistics *(including Government's ongoing promotion of "the Haitian Voodoo effect)* are of little value in determining the health benefits of tobacco. In fact, decent cigar smokers are the longest lived people. Anecdotal evidence suggest tobacco health benefits are not limited to humans.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/4z5lmp

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9u55mff

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8uqbzmz

Source: http://tinyurl.com/33uhefv

Revolutionary political activists are addicted to ever greater fixes of taxation. Not satisfied with the damage they have done to decent tobacco smokers and to the children, they are now going after decent non-smokers of good-will who season their food with salt, the soda pop drinkers and the users of environmental harming toilet paper. This addiction CAN be cured, but the only EFFECTIVE cure is to boot them out of office so that they might find some productive venture to spend their time on.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#10 Oct 2, 2012
I am often asked by the children whether Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm "must have had some medications or something in her system" when she addressed the Democratic convention ("Big") last month?" I always tell the little fellas' "undoubtedly so".

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8q2wlrh

This is not just opinion on my part. No less personage than a Former Obama Czar has confirmed what is all too obvious. I always caution the little folks that it was certainly not tobacco!

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8kqoobk

As Governor, wealthy wheeler and dealer Granholm has long taken out her dislike of ordinary worker *("middle")* class women and men with her incessant attacks on the most vulnerable - the many decent Michiganders who enjoy partaking in an occasional tobacco product.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9w7jjfx

As anyone knows, revolutionary occupied Government's use of taxation and other State means to suffer harassment on decent tobacco users "hurt the poor" most:

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8njy945

Source: http://tinyurl.com/c4b3oww

The result of all this Governmental interference into the affairs of "the American people" is the declining health of overtaxed Americans. When Government began its unconscionable war against its own people - the many decent Americans who enjoy an occasional tobacco product - the health enjoyed by Americans was second to no other nation. Since revolutionary Government occupiers began their war against decent tobacco using Americans the health enjoyed by non-tobacco users health has been in steady decline. In fact, the numbers of deaths suffered by non-tobacco users as a percentage of all deaths has soared.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9t2hm4z

It is not surprising that Government's war against ordinary decent God fearing Americans began right here in Long Beach. After all, Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded State university system where many of these revolutionary ideas are cooked-up.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/6smw34v

Ronald
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 2, 2012
Ronald, you're repeating yourself again. Even when people have pointed out you're repeating yourself. You do it even more. So that means you're not here to persuade, since you're making everyone hate you.
This means you have a lot of time on your hands, are disaffected from society, so you don't contribute, and are transparently crazy.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#12 Oct 2, 2012
doctor wrote:
Ronald, you're repeating yourself again. Even when people have pointed out you're repeating yourself. You do it even more. So that means you're not here to persuade, since you're making everyone hate you.
This means you have a lot of time on your hands, are disaffected from society, so you don't contribute, and are transparently crazy.
doctor.

When you say "everyone", do you mean your circle of Big Government licensed and regulated Government "doctors" and wealthy high paid operators of taxpayer subsidized "non profit" anti-smoker NGOs who are primary beneficiary to Big Tobacco money that is being stolen from "the little folks" who enjoy the simple pleasure of an occasional Tobacco product?

Ronald
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
doctor.
When you say "everyone", do you mean your circle of Big Government licensed and regulated Government "doctors" and wealthy high paid operators of taxpayer subsidized "non profit" anti-smoker NGOs who are primary beneficiary to Big Tobacco money that is being stolen from "the little folks" who enjoy the simple pleasure of an occasional Tobacco product?
Ronald
Ronald, the operative word of my post wasn't "everyone." The operative word was "crazy." You have a screw loose. You can't stop repeating yourself with your archaic expressions that betray your advanced age, and it's related retarded, repetitive world view. Your brain is scratched and warped. Like a broken record. And the saddest part is, you don't even know it.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#14 Oct 2, 2012
doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald, the operative word of my post wasn't "everyone." The operative word was "crazy." You have a screw loose. You can't stop repeating yourself with your archaic expressions that betray your advanced age, and it's related retarded, repetitive world view. Your brain is scratched and warped. Like a broken record. And the saddest part is, you don't even know it.
doctor.

Oh. Sorry. Probably as a consequence of my advanced age, my failing eyesight caused me to misread your post. I erroneously read it as I am "...making everyone hate (me)."

As a practicing Government licensed psychiatrist, you undoubtedly know we crazies must rely on the expertise of those in your "profession" for us to get our minds right. Otherwise, how can we be sure "the voices" are telling us the truth?

Since the revolution,the problem has been that Big Government has been conducting an unremitting war against we hard working God fearing worker *("middle")* class crazies who continue to enjoy the simple pleasure of using an occasional tobacco product on the one hand. Then, on the other hand, and concurrent with that war, Big Government has been pumping more and more hard earned taxpayer money into Big Medicine for the purpose of gaining control. The result is that Big Medicine has been changed into a tax generating and Governmental control mechanism.

All these things have caused routine psychiatric "diagnosis and care" to become unfordable to the minority of Americans who pay taxes. I am grateful for your diagnosing my condition. As soon as My Government provided taxpayer funded old age pension check arrives I shall purchase a bus pass and turn myself in to the Government. You have given me hope that the Government can get my decrepit mind right. I have heard the Government has ways.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/994fd7c

Source: http://tinyurl.com/93ps2x2

Source: http://tinyurl.com/yo6tmj

Ronald
squirrels in the park

Long Beach, CA

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Why not just take a permanent Time Out from posting on Topix? Go sit on a bench in a taxpayer-paid, Big Government-controlled park, enjoy the sunshine and clouds, feed the nontaxpaying entitlement-receiving squirrels, and share your repetitive diatribes with them? Many of us, of all political stripes, would appreciate that immensely.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#16 Oct 2, 2012
squirrels in the park wrote:
Why not just take a permanent Time Out from posting on Topix? Go sit on a bench in a taxpayer-paid, Big Government-controlled park, enjoy the sunshine and clouds, feed the nontaxpaying entitlement-receiving squirrels, and share your repetitive diatribes with them? Many of us, of all political stripes, would appreciate that immensely.
squirrels in the park.

That would be an excellent idea were it not for the fact that the local revolutionary political ruling class prohibits decent worker *("middle")* class taxpaying women and women who smoke tobacco from using taxpayer funded and maintained public parks. I am often reminded of Rosie the Riveter. Rosie was a cigarette smoker. She did her part on the home front to win the war. Pandering anti-smoker, anti-grocery bag user politicians named a public park after Rosie. Although taxpayer supported gang-bangers are welcome to use the park, had Rosie not died, it would have been a criminal act for her to even set foot in the park -*a park named in commemoration of her*- because she smoked cigarettes. And please, squirrels in the park. Don't try to get me started on the taxpayer owned and maintained public beaches.

Ronald
squirrels on the beach

Long Beach, CA

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Don't worry, I would never do something like that.... And, speaking of BEACHES, what gives with these so-called BEACHES here in good ol' Communist-controlled Long Beach? Enquiring squirrel minds need to know! Let 'er rip, hoss. At least five hundred words, please. Repetitions encouraged.
doctor

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 3, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
squirrels in the park.
That would be an excellent idea were it not for the fact that the local revolutionary political ruling class prohibits decent worker *("middle")* class taxpaying women and women who smoke tobacco from using taxpayer funded and maintained public parks. I am often reminded of Rosie the Riveter. Rosie was a cigarette smoker. She did her part on the home front to win the war.
Ronald is saying he's a complete nicotine fiend, and the thought of being anywhere for a few minutes without his fix gives him the junky shakes. Also, he can't get to the park, since walking more than 50 feet makes him start coughing what's left of his slimy nicotine-drenched lungs out. So he stays home, drinks his breakfast, and plays on the computer until he passes out.

A sorry conclusion to an old demented junkies life.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#19 Oct 3, 2012
doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald is saying he's a complete nicotine fiend, and the thought of being anywhere for a few minutes without his fix gives him the junky shakes. Also, he can't get to the park, since walking more than 50 feet makes him start coughing what's left of his slimy nicotine-drenched lungs out. So he stays home, drinks his breakfast, and plays on the computer until he passes out.
A sorry conclusion to an old demented junkies life.
doctor.

I notice your consistency in diverting attention away from the issues, and instead, focus on personality. Is this because you have no case that would justify your position? Would you consider yourself to be typical of your fellow taxpayer supported hysterics? Do you get your kicks terrorizing elderly widows of WW 2 vets by driving your skateboard and your bicycle on the very narrow sidewalks of Long Beach?

Ronald
mortarmer terd

Long Beach, CA

#20 Oct 6, 2012
wut about the guy whose closing his shop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health solutions, see image attached 3 hr Local Fullerton 1
La Mirada City Council election 5 hr The Incumbents 4
3 arrested over towing (Jun '08) 13 hr gwen 150
Volunteers could staff Stanton police front desk (Aug '11) Dec 11 logically SE 2
Californians Now Have a Choice. (Sep '06) Dec 3 accflella 2
Immigrant politicians fight for votes in the he... Nov '14 Manuel Torres 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct '14 12adf 19

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at December 22 at 1:44AM PST

Los Alamitos News Video

Los Alamitos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Alamitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Alamitos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Alamitos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:28 am PST