Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201884 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#159185 Sep 13, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? None of those societies put a man on the Moon, either.
Hmm, as I think about it (something you really ought to try, someday), up until the west started using science instead of religion, I do believe that EVERY society thought of disease as some sort of supernatural affliction; either demons invading or some God cursing over some "sin", or something along those lines. It took science (and the invention of the microscope) to throw off such superstition.
Well, now it is time to throw off yet another silly superstition: that there is anything intrinsically wrong with homosexuality.
Right, all you will need to do is deny evolution and excuse anal abuse.

smirk.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#159186 Sep 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice gay twirl try LiaR,
None of those were consistent across cultures and all have been disproved long ago.
There has never been a single society that accepted gay unions as marriage from start to finish. Not a single one.
smirk.
Even if that's true...so what?
You are just dumb.
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#159187 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Francis....
Of course I'm calling you Francis....
Because you're a whiney little girl who's probably up past her bed time, Francis.
You've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow, Francis.
You do want to get up nice and early and put on your pretty pink dress of yours. Now don't you, Francis?
You know how much you like it when the boys chase you 'round the playground, with your pigtails and ribbons streaming out behind you. Don't you, Francis?
But if you don't drink your ovaltine and get yourself to bed, Francis, you just might not have the energy.
Now you be a good girl, Francis.
Time to get some sleep....
Good night, little one...Little Francis.
What a dopey post! You mad or something bro?

YUK!YUK!YUK!
David Miller

West Covina, CA

#159188 Sep 13, 2012
Did you wash your hands first?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#159189 Sep 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, all you will need to do is deny evolution and excuse anal abuse.
smirk.
Why? Evolution is on my side.

"Anal abuse" is not relevant to the discussion. What people do in the privacy of their bedrooms is the concern of no one else.
David Miller

West Covina, CA

#159190 Sep 13, 2012
What shelf sis you say you left the sausage on?
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#159191 Sep 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with our own same sex attractions. If you didn't have any sexual feelings towards men, you'd just be glad you had that much less competition for the females. And instead of wasting your time wanting to punch gay men, you'd go look for some of the extra available chicks.
Yes. Peer reviewed studies have proven anyone who has an opinion against same sex marriage is gay.

YUK!YUK!YUK! How ya doing Rose_NoHo?
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#159192 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey post! You mad or something bro?
YUK!YUK!YUK!
Now, Francis.

How could anyone be mad at such a sweet little girl?

You little silly!

Don't forget to brush your teeth....Say your prayers, Francis.

Location hidden

#159193 Sep 13, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Evolution is on my side.
"Anal abuse" is not relevant to the discussion. What people do in the privacy of their bedrooms is the concern of no one else.
Oh please, provide validation of that along with the 'studies' you have a finger tip...

Hidden abuse is criminal. Consensual abuse is psychotic.

#159194 Sep 13, 2012
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content...

AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
Technical Report: Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents

Ellen C. Perrin, MD, Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health

Abstract
A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Childrenís optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes.

SUMMARY
The small and nonrepresentative samples studied and the relatively young age of most of the children suggest some reserve. However, the weight of evidence gathered during several decades using diverse samples and methodologies is persuasive in demonstrating that there is no systematic difference between gay and nongay parents in emotional health, parenting skills, and attitudes toward parenting. No data have pointed to any risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Some among the vast variety of family forms, histories, and relationships may prove more conducive to healthy psychosexual and emotional development than others.

Research exploring the diversity of parental relationships among gay and lesbian parents is just beginning. Children whose parents divorce (regardless of sexual orientation) are better adjusted when their parents have high self-esteem, maintain a responsible and amicable relationship, and are currently living with a partner.22,31 Children living with divorced lesbian mothers have better outcomes when they learn about their motherís homosexuality at a younger age, when their fathers and other important adults accept their motherís lesbian identity, and perhaps when they have contact with other children of lesbians and gay men.22,24 Parents and children have better outcomes when the daunting tasks of parenting are shared, and children seem to benefit from arrangements in which lesbian parents divide child care and other household tasks in an egalitarian manner28 as well as when conflict between partners is low. Although gay and lesbian parents may not, despite their best efforts, be able to protect their children fully from the effects of stigmatization and discrimination, parentsí sexual orientation is not a variable that, in itself, predicts their ability to provide a home environment that supports childrenís development.

#159195 Sep 13, 2012
Note:

"Children whose parents divorce (regardless of sexual orientation) are better adjusted when their parents have high self-esteem, maintain a responsible and amicable relationship, and are currently living with a partner."

Once again reaffirming the BENEFITS of recognizing the rights of gays to marry. Once society learns to stop maltreating people just for being a little different, society as a whole will benefit.
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#159196 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, Francis.
How could anyone be mad at such a sweet little girl?
You little silly!
Don't forget to brush your teeth....Say your prayers, Francis.
Two people (so far) consider this post "Brilliant". Priceless!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Location hidden

#159197 Sep 13, 2012
Liam R wrote:
http://pediatrics.aappublicati ons.org/content/109/2/341.full
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
Technical Report: Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents
Ellen C. Perrin, MD, Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health
Abstract
A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Childrenís optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes.
SUMMARY
The small and nonrepresentative samples studied and the relatively young age of most of the children suggest some reserve. However, the weight of evidence gathered during several decades using diverse samples and methodologies is persuasive in demonstrating that there is no systematic difference between gay and nongay parents in emotional health, parenting skills, and attitudes toward parenting. No data have pointed to any risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Some among the vast variety of family forms, histories, and relationships may prove more conducive to healthy psychosexual and emotional development than others.
Research exploring the diversity of parental relationships among gay and lesbian parents is just beginning. Children whose parents divorce (regardless of sexual orientation) are better adjusted when their parents have high self-esteem, maintain a responsible and amicable relationship, and are currently living with a partner.22,31 Children living with divorced lesbian mothers have better outcomes when they learn about their motherís homosexuality at a younger age, when their fathers and other important adults accept their motherís lesbian identity, and perhaps when they have contact with other children of lesbians and gay men.22,24 Parents and children have better outcomes when the daunting tasks of parenting are shared, and children seem to benefit from arrangements in which lesbian parents divide child care and other household tasks in an egalitarian manner28 as well as when conflict between partners is low. Although gay and lesbian parents may not, despite their best efforts, be able to protect their children fully from the effects of stigmatization and discrimination, parentsí sexual orientation is not a variable that, in itself, predicts their ability to provide a home environment that supports childrenís development.
The first sentence of the 'Summary' not only invalidates your own post, but also violate my simple request. A specific study, WITH specific study methods that proves your assertion.

"The small and nonrepresentative samples studied and the relatively young age of most of the children suggest some reserve."

What that sentence doesn't expose is the incredibly unscientific methods those studies employed.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#159198 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people (so far) consider this post "Brilliant". Priceless!
YUK!YUK!YUK!
[Psst....They get the joke....]

#159199 Sep 13, 2012
And more:

The bottom line, Stacey said, is that people who say children need both a father and a mother in the home are misrepresenting the research, most of which compares children of single parents to children of married couples. Two good parents are better than one good parent, Stacey said, but one good parent is better than two bad parents. And gender seems to make no difference. While you do find broad differences between how men and women parent on average, she said, there is much more diversity within the genders than between them.

from here:

http://www.livescience.com/17913-advantages-g...

#159200 Sep 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The first sentence of the 'Summary' not only invalidates your own post, but also violate my simple request. A specific study, WITH specific study methods that proves your assertion.
"The small and nonrepresentative samples studied and the relatively young age of most of the children suggest some reserve."
What that sentence doesn't expose is the incredibly unscientific methods those studies employed.
Quote mining is just another form of lying. The summary continues thus:

"However, the weight of evidence gathered during several decades using diverse samples and methodologies is persuasive in demonstrating that there is no systematic difference between gay and nongay parents in emotional health, parenting skills, and attitudes toward parenting. No data have pointed to any risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents."

And did you go to the site and download the full article?

Furthermore:
http://www.livescience.com/17913-advantages-g...

In a 2010 review of virtually every study on gay parenting, New York University sociologist Judith Stacey and University of Southern California sociologist Tim Biblarz found no differences between children raised in homes with two heterosexual parents and children raised with lesbian parents.
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#159201 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
[Psst....They get the joke....]
They do? I don't. What is "the joke"? Is "the joke" that I'm gay? Is that funny? Is there something funny about being gay?

YUK!YUK!YUK! Fake Frank is having a hard day.
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#159202 Sep 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where do you come up with your nonsense? 99% of homosexuals come from "broken heterosexual families"???? hahahahahahah weak, dude."
-Because alot of homosexuals have admitted (1) growing up without a mother or father,(2) have a real hatred for the opposite sex,(3) being raped/molested by a friend or relative,(4) all of the above. I got the idea straight from you queers! That's not "weak", that's the TRUTH!

""...except her father gives more attention to his sons than to her. And I know for a fact that is the reason she is so promiscuous & queer."
hahahahahahahah you have NOTHING to back that up."
-Uh, yeah I do. She has told me & my colleagues about her daddy issues. Also I know another chick who ADMITTED she was bi because she hated men. If you don't believe me, then why don't you explain why so many Feminists resent men? And why so many of them are lesbians? And why is sexism common in the GLBTQQA community? It's clearly is a lifestyle choice.

"According to the SURVEY of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics"
-LOL Using a survey when facts have proved you wrong...EPIC FAIL

"Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race."
-LOL Why are we talking about white people? I thought we talking about queers being unfit for children? Completely different topic.

" White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates."
-LOL Still doesn't prove why you queers are unfit parents

"* Nearly two-thirds of convicted child molesters and/or offenders were or had been married.
* Child molesters and offenders were more likely to have grown up in a two parent home and were more likely to have been molested as a child"
-I have already mentioned what I think about scenerios like this: THEY'RE STILL IN THE CLOSET

"* Three out of four children who were victimized were female."
-Then explain why there are more cases of men victimizing little boys than little girls.

"* One-third of the covicted offenders had committed a crime against their own child.
* About half of the convicted offenders had a relationship with the child, either through friends or family."
-Sounds just like NAMBLA

"About one in every seven Hispanic convicts had been convicted for a crime against a child."
-LOL In other words, 1 out of 7 Hispanics is a homosexual pedophiles LOL

...LOL & I'm still waiting for you queers to give me a supporting argument why queers should be allowed to have kids...so far, I have not seen one. FAIL.
Reality

Madison, WI

#159203 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They do? I don't. What is "the joke"? Is "the joke" that I'm gay? Is that funny? Is there something funny about being gay?
LOL no Frank, you are the joke
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#159204 Sep 13, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Francesca!

If only you'd look in that mirror and see the needy little girl that you are....so needy....so sad....

I'm just hoping that when you grow up, you don't end up working the strip clubs. That's a harsh life for the sweet little thing that you are....but hey! You'll get all that attention you've been seeking from strang men. I bet they'll even laugh at your "jokes"....

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr TRUTH TOLD 21,376
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr LM Resident 10,424
Judge Deborah B Andrews being sued (Oct '11) 9 hr RIPMGZE777 45
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 11 hr Cotta 1
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) 18 hr tellinitlikeitis 143
News Mexican Mafia's roots run deep in San Gabriel V... 19 hr Marie 3
News Islamic Republic of Iran Will Be Defeated Tue Benjamin 5

Los Alamitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamitos Mortgages