Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,963

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Santiago Ixcuintla, Mexico

#140364 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the beating that the gay community took from the APA?

APA revises 'gay gene' theory - admits it's not a psychological disorder
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...

The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.

For decades, the APA has not considered homosexuality a psychological disorder, while other professionals in the field consider it to be a "gender-identity" problem. But the new statement, which appears in a brochure called "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," states the following:

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."

That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."

Peter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, believes the more recent statement is an important admission because it undermines a popular theory.

"People need to understand that the 'gay gene' theory has been one of the biggest propaganda boons of the homosexual movement over the last 10 [or] 15 years," he points out. "Studies show that if people think that people are born homosexual they're much less likely to resist the gay agenda."

Matt Barber with Liberty Counsel feels the pronouncement may have something to do with saving face. "Well, I think here the American Psychological Association is finally trying to restore some credibility that they've lost over the years by having become a clearly political organization as opposed to an objective, scientific organization," he states.(Hear audio report)

With the new information from the APA, Barber wonders if the organization will admit that homosexuals who want to change can change.

"It's irrefutable from a medical standpoint that people can leave the homosexual lifestyle," he argues. "Homosexuality is defined by behavior. Untold thousands of people have found freedom from that lifestyle through either reparative therapy or through -- frankly, most effectively -- a relationship with Jesus Christ."
so being gay is a choice??

“Facts”

#140365 May 8, 2012
Dugas wrote:
<quoted text>The good guys win one.

Now we will get mass migration to Califorina.

Califorina is like a bowl of granola.

If it's not a fruit or a nut it's a flake.
that i

“Facts”

#140366 May 8, 2012
Dugas wrote:
<quoted text>The good guys win one.

Now we will get mass migration to Califorina.

Califorina is like a bowl of granola.

If it's not a fruit or a nut it's a flake.
that is one of the reasons I left

“Facts”

#140367 May 8, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
>
>
Speaking of bigots, racists and morons take a look at what this bigoted moron posted here http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/TNS6...
another one bites the dust.........LOL

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140368 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
Isn't tea bagging a gay thing? Of course it is.
that's the joke. I'm saying you are a closeted homosexual. That's why you can't stop thinking about homosexuality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#140369 May 8, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because he still is,And after he is reelected he will show exactly what he believes on the subject oh great off topic boy! I mean he has instructed the Attorney general NOT to defend DOMA,that about says it all Mr. Charter member of NAMBLA! What year did you join them anyway,and did you assist in the writing of their charter? LOLOL
Seriously, you really are buying that BS?? Obama is only interested in votes, he will say anything he must to get them- what he does with them after he owns them is another story...

BTW, how could anyone defend Sec 3 of DOMA, the Congress has no authority or power enumerated to it through the Constitution to define marriage? This has nothing to do with Obama's opinion on gay marriage. It is nothing more than Obama saying I am not going to fight the court, and it allowed him to remain clean, he didn't piss off the homosexual community by fighting it, and it really didn't matter to the straight community as they are fighting locally and DOMA had little to no effect on them in the first place.

You people are so easily fooled.. Reminds me of what Malcolm X told the black community after they had been promised things for year by the democrats during elections only to have those promises forget during the term- " Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party cant keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and youre dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party, youre not only a chump, but youre a traitor to your race.
Kirk Cameron

Chicago, IL

#140370 May 8, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
so being gay is a choice??
Yes, it is a choice, but it is much like a drug addict. Once the choice is made, it is hard to change. Also, if a child is abused, there is a socialized condition that creates the response.

70% of prisoners choose consensual gay sex, but we no that under normal conditions, they do not choose gay sex.
Kirk Cameron

Chicago, IL

#140371 May 8, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the joke. I'm saying you are a closeted homosexual. That's why you can't stop thinking about homosexuality.
That;s the joke. I'm saying that the APA is no longer going to lie for you gays, because they now admit that you are not born gay, but you are made gay.

You are right, I will thinking about homosexuality when I vote, I will think about same sex marriage when I voted against it, I will think about gay indoctrination when we expose the gay pedophile connection.

Maybe, I can start a counter 24/7 group, like the IGLA but call it the Anti-IGLA or instead of Bashback, Anti-BashBack or how is this one, instead of ActUP, UnActUp.

#140372 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is a choice, but it is much like a drug addict. Once the choice is made, it is hard to change. Also, if a child is abused, there is a socialized condition that creates the response.
70% of prisoners choose consensual gay sex, but we no that under normal conditions, they do not choose gay sex.
You seem rather obsessed with gay sex. Have you engaged in gay sex? You seem rather homosexual because you keep talking about gay sex.
Kirk Cameron

Chicago, IL

#140373 May 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you really are buying that BS?? Obama is only interested in votes, he will say anything he must to get them- what he does with them after he owns them is another story...
BTW, how could anyone defend Sec 3 of DOMA, the Congress has no authority or power enumerated to it through the Constitution to define marriage? This has nothing to do with Obama's opinion on gay marriage. It is nothing more than Obama saying I am not going to fight the court, and it allowed him to remain clean, he didn't piss off the homosexual community by fighting it, and it really didn't matter to the straight community as they are fighting locally and DOMA had little to no effect on them in the first place.
You people are so easily fooled.. Reminds me of what Malcolm X told the black community after they had been promised things for year by the democrats during elections only to have those promises forget during the term- " Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party cant keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and youre dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party, youre not only a chump, but youre a traitor to your race.
Yes, you are fooled. Obama never said that he and the Dept. of Justice would not defend DOMA or marriage, when it comes to polygamy and incest marriages. Obama just exposed his true colors and the gays are now afraid that he won't get elected. Obama has the same position of supporting gay marriage that he has as a senator.

We also will not forget that he did three things, poked his nose in the state New York same sex marriage issue, stuck his nose in state hospital issues in Florida, and stuck his nose and stopped DADT.

Again, we have another racist, you, trying to compare gay pollution with Black civil rights.

Why not compare the gay pollution to the Jewish genocide? It started over rights demanded by Jews in Germany, and the Jewish rights struggle. Neither gays nor you will ever make a push to compare the gay pollution to the Jewish struggles in Germany, because you are racist and think that you can say anything about Blacks.
godson

Jersey City, NJ

#140375 May 8, 2012
How did we wind up with a faggity judge? We've got to get these devils in there place. Great job N.C.!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Facts”

#140376 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is a choice, but it is much like a drug addict. Once the choice is made, it is hard to change. Also, if a child is abused, there is a socialized condition that creates the response.

I would agree 100 percent
That said I have two gay employees that are excellent workers and dec

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140377 May 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya, pretty much in the same boat. Either way we are screwed as I see it.
I do think Obama will end up with a second term, though it has less to do with people actually wanting him to and more to do with the fact the GOP can't nominate anyone worth a damn.
There isn't a dime's bit of difference between either one of them.
You probably have a point.

“Facts”

#140378 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:

decent people
I just don't understand what happened to them to make them this way

#140379 May 8, 2012
godson wrote:
How did we wind up with a faggity judge? We've got to get these devils in there place. Great job N.C.!
F*ck you bigot.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#140380 May 8, 2012
godson wrote:
north carolina is falling for the brainwashing
of liberal satanism

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#140382 May 8, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
No...we are a secular government. Read amendment #1. No religion in government at all. No religions can be part of our laws, including yours.
you have it backwards it says no government in religion. That is what our founders feared.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#140383 May 8, 2012
polly sigh one oh one wrote:
<quoted text>
north carolina is falling for the brainwashing
of liberal satanism
NC has exhaulted traditional marriage.
Dugas

Santa Cruz, CA

#140384 May 8, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>That;s the joke. I'm saying that the APA is no longer going to lie for you gays, because they now admit that you are not born gay, but you are made gay.
You are right, I will thinking about homosexuality when I vote, I will think about same sex marriage when I voted against it, I will think about gay indoctrination when we expose the gay pedophile connection.
Maybe, I can start a counter 24/7 group, like the IGLA but call it the Anti-IGLA or instead of Bashback, Anti-BashBack or how is this one, instead of ActUP, UnActUp.
It's about time the APA reversed it's like
about homosexuality not being a treatable
pathology that is responsive to therapy.

Listening to gays blather about each other
and making faux comparison with slaves is
no more than the inmates running the asylum.

The truth is that it is a pathology and it is
a pathology that responds to treatment.

I don't think we can help the gay 'chicken hawks'
otherwise known as 'Pedophiles'...they need to be
in jail which will be like a vacation for them.

The situation reminds me of nothing so much as a
bunch of drug addicts mumbling about it being their
'civil right' to smoke what they want to and put
needles in their arms and shoot up drugs.

The main difference is they do want to smoke something
but it isn't reefer,
..and they do want to get penetrated by something,
and it isn't a needle filled with junk.

Thank goodness the APA has finaly told the truth
about the treatable pathology known as 'homosexuality'.
Dugas

Santa Cruz, CA

#140385 May 8, 2012
godson wrote:
Because they sneak in the back door
and try to ram an agenda down our throats.

Dishonest and sneaky coming in the back door.

Thank goodness NC got it right this time.

The forces of normalicy and decency triumph.

Hetrosexual marriage is the only real marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norwalk Shooting Leaves One Dead (Jan '13) 1 hr Chingones 13 8
Shadee (Nov '07) 2 hr zytomab 4
aahc 3 hr joyc 1
Gas for under $3 arrives at Buena park station (Oct '08) 4 hr hormo 11
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr Los Angeles 2,266
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Los Angeles 15,996
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr Runonion 5,072
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at September 17 at 5:03PM PDT

•••

Los Alamitos News Video

•••
•••

Los Alamitos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Los Alamitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Alamitos News, Events & Info