people in military bases in France in...
Eric-John GUINT

Paris, France

#2411 Dec 11, 2012
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour,
My father would be so happy to have heard this but he is also gone.
I do remember your fathers name but remember I was also very young
at that time. I was 15 in 1967 when we left Fountainebleau. I know my father was very good friends with your dad as they talked all the time. I think we may all have visited but I was older so maybe I did not spend too much time with you. I cannot remember much of anything else as I was a teenager at the time and did not pay too much attention at the time who my father was friends with.
We did move back to Mons Belgium in 1970 after I finished school and they have been there ever since. My dad died in 1995 but my mom is still in Mons.
Please let me know more aboout your family and if any of them remember mine. Could you scan that picture of my dad in a santa clause costume?
Merci pour les nouvelles.
Ann Picheloup
Hello ANN

So happy to read you
Yes our fathers was good friends
You came also to spent some week end in my french Grand father property located 60 kms south of Fontainebleau near by Sens
My parents organized a lot of barbecue parties or dancing parties at this time
I am now living in this property near by my mother and my sister
I will search and retrieve all the pictures and will send you
My email [email protected]
Take care and all the best
Eric-John GUINT

Paris, France

#2412 Dec 11, 2012
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour,
My father would be so happy to have heard this but he is also gone.
I do remember your fathers name but remember I was also very young
at that time. I was 15 in 1967 when we left Fountainebleau. I know my father was very good friends with your dad as they talked all the time. I think we may all have visited but I was older so maybe I did not spend too much time with you. I cannot remember much of anything else as I was a teenager at the time and did not pay too much attention at the time who my father was friends with.
We did move back to Mons Belgium in 1970 after I finished school and they have been there ever since. My dad died in 1995 but my mom is still in Mons.
Please let me know more aboout your family and if any of them remember mine. Could you scan that picture of my dad in a santa clause costume?
Merci pour les nouvelles.
Ann Picheloup
It is amazing
Ann it seems that you live DAVIS California
My daughters play baseball in a small club DODGERS in MAILLOT/SENS and is paired with the DAVIS baseball little league
Parents and children came this summer to visit us
World is very small
Best regards

Eric-John
Ann

Davis, CA

#2413 Dec 11, 2012
Eric-John GUINT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello ANN
So happy to read you
Yes our fathers was good friends
You came also to spent some week end in my french Grand father property located 60 kms south of Fontainebleau near by Sens
My parents organized a lot of barbecue parties or dancing parties at this time
I am now living in this property near by my mother and my sister
I will search and retrieve all the pictures and will send you
My email [email protected]
Take care and all the best
Hello,

Yes, now I do remember going to visit your family in the country. I remember there was a windmill (I think) not sure. It is great that you all still live there. Does your mom remember us?

Yes, I live in Davis and work at UC Davis. I am only here because of a divorce. My bother used to live here and so I moved here but he has since mover back to the other side of the coundty. My son lives in Georgia where I used to live and where I will be going back to in a few years, when my job ends. The cost of living is california is horrible. I stay for my benefits.

It is a small world.

Ann

Ann
Ann

Davis, CA

#2414 Dec 11, 2012
Veronique mary Guint wrote:
Hi I m the daugther of John R G Guint who was based at Fontainebleau . My mother, Annie, was french . We was living "rue de France" .my father is dead in august 2011. My brother Eric John and me , we are living in Burgundy near our mother. Do you remember our father? I wish you a merry Christmas and all the best for 2013. Veronique
Hello and Bonjour.

Veronique,

I do remember your family very well, but I was young and did not pay much attention at the time. My father was great friends with your father. We did spend a lit of visits together and go out to the country to your grand fathers place. I have emailed your brother through my email here so we are also in touch.

My French writing is not great but I still speak fluent French as it was my first language.

Bonjour to your mother.

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee
Ann Picheloup
Hubert Nadeau

York, ME

#2415 Dec 11, 2012
Was stationed with the 319th station hospital in Bussac France from Dec. 1957 to Aug 1960. My new E-Mail is [email protected]
Thanks Hubert Nadeau
Charles Chernofsky

Monmouth Junction, NJ

#2416 Dec 12, 2012
Hubert Nadeau wrote:
Was stationed with the 319th station hospital in Bussac France from Dec. 1957 to Aug 1960. My new E-Mail is [email protected]
Thanks Hubert Nadeau
I was stationed at the 319th as well from July 4, 1959 to January 1961. I worked with Major Jacobs and hated the sight of Col. Zalken. I am in touch with Joseph D'ambrosio who was a pharmacist. I lost all my pictures except one in front of the baracks with Eugene Dietrich who has since passed away.
Tom Johnson

Munday, TX

#2417 Dec 12, 2012
Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caserne_abovill... and share memories and photos of your time in France. We have Army, AF, and Military Brats from many military installations in the 1950s and '60s. Where are all the WACs? I know we had WACs for awhile at Poitiers, till around 1964. I was at Poitiers from 1963 to 1966, with the 202nd MPs.
Emory Ewing

AOL

#2418 Dec 15, 2012
Mike Ives wrote:
I was at Maison fort from 1962 to 1964, would like to hear from anyone that was there at that time. I was in 2nd platoon 76th truck co. Sgt brown was my platoon sgt.
I was with the 76th. truck 1963-1964 at Maison fort, I was a sp4 and a 631.10 [email protected]

Since: Nov 12

Benton, KY

#2419 Dec 15, 2012
I was a pfc, and had a 641.mos. was in 2nd paltoon, and sgt. brown was one of the paltoon sgt. Spent most of my time on the road or at the EM club on base.
elizabeth birkinsha

United States

#2420 Dec 15, 2012
Norman Gardner wrote:
@ Jim Blackburn
I, too, was stationed at Bussac 1960-1962. I lost all of the photos I had, and would be plenty grateful if you could e-mail me some of yours. I was in working, first at the ECP, and then at the property book office. I was in Hq. Co. My e-mail address is: [email protected]
did anyone know my dad harry birkinsha? I was born in 1961 at bussac foret. My mom was liz birkinsha, german.
Laura

Cleveland, OH

#2421 Dec 18, 2012
My sister and I were born at La Chapelle Saint Mesmin in 1962. Dad was in the airforce, mom is french. His name was Raymond Pope. Wish I could have more info, more memories. Mom and dad came to the US in 1963
Frawley BECKER

Glendale, CA

#2422 Dec 20, 2012
to LAURA of Cleveland:

In case you do any research on your mom, her first name would have been Raymonde (with an "e" at the end). Raymond (no "e" at the end) is a man's name.

Frawley Becker
Jim Buttrey

Rogers, AR

#2423 Dec 22, 2012
Robert Monk wrote:
Evreux,'62-'66, USAF, CAMS Orderly Room, La Boheme, Pergola, Nebraska Bar, etc. arrived at age 19 - learned a lot.... don't see anyone here that I remember...
Returned in 1978 as a civilian and stayed in Paris for 9 years...
Voila
Robert! I was stationed in Evreux from 59-62. I had a band and played in the Pergola for most of that time, also remember La Boheme very well. We lived in Pensacola from 85-96 then moved back to NW Arkansas. Would love to see some pictures of the area around Evreux and Paris as the camera was not a priority back then. email address is [email protected]
Duane Decker

Auburn, ME

#2424 Dec 22, 2012
I was stationed at Caserne Aboville 1965 & 1966. Worked at the com center for the 313th. Would like to hear from anyone who might have been there during these dates.
Robert Ballester

Ardsley, NY

#2425 Dec 22, 2012
Bussac France 1961-1964 ,574th ordnance
Anyone been there
Tom Johnson

Munday, TX

#2426 Dec 22, 2012
Duane Decker wrote:
I was stationed at Caserne Aboville 1965 & 1966. Worked at the com center for the 313th. Would like to hear from anyone who might have been there during these dates.
Duane,
We have several Members on the Caserne Aboville Group who were with the 313th. Contact me at [email protected] and I'll send you the url for the Group, or look through the above messages, it's posted above. I was with the MPs from May 1963 to May 1966 at Poitiers. We have quite a few members, and lots of photos.
joe melvin

Laughlin, NV

#2427 Dec 22, 2012
Robert Ballester wrote:
Bussac France 1961-1964 ,574th ordnance
Anyone been there
yes, robert i have been there. from oct. 1960 to feb. 1963 i was in the 581st engr. f.m. we were attached to the 574th for training and rations. i knew some in the 574th. i replied once before to your post, but i guess you missed it.
Martine Dernoncourt

La Rochelle, France

#2428 Dec 23, 2012
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all americans who were stationed and born in France, mostly in La Rochelle, Croix-Chapeau, Rochefort and everywhere in France...Planning a trip to the USA next year (June ?...): South Carolina, New Rochelle and ?
Joyeux Noël et bonne année à tous les Américains qui étaient stationnés ou sont nés en France particulièrement à La Rochelle, Croix-Chapeau,Rochefort et partout en France... Je prévois d'aller aux Etats-Unis l'année prochaine (Juin ?): Caroline du Sud, New Rochelle et ?
Norman Gardner

New York, NY

#2429 Dec 23, 2012
joe melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, robert i have been there. from oct. 1960 to feb. 1963 i was in the 581st engr. f.m. we were attached to the 574th for training and rations. i knew some in the 574th. i replied once before to your post, but i guess you missed it.
Hi Joe,
Did you know any of the guys from Hq company, and if so, Who?
joe melvin

Laughlin, NV

#2430 Dec 23, 2012
Norman Gardner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Joe,
Did you know any of the guys from Hq company, and if so, Who?
towards the end of 1962 some of our guys transfer there they would be the only ones i knew. s/sgt duvall, sp/4 russell, sp/4 slaughter, sp/4 marshburn, there may of been more but it's been 50 years. i spent 3 christmas's in france, merry christmas to everybody that was there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Vertelli 21,279
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr lmsa 10,262
Another Pioneer Blvd. Murder 8 hr Annoyeds 8
News 8th Grade Haskell Middle School Student Missing (Oct '13) Dec 11 tellinitlikeitis 2
News Here's Why Your Poop Can Be So Freaking Weird o... Dec 10 Emerald 2
Where is LMP (Mar '08) Dec 10 Fake 1 percenters 87
why is VLM so disrespected by everyone (Jul '08) Dec 10 Stupidmf 121

Los Alamitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamitos Mortgages