Hof's Hut in Long Beach, a local main...

Hof's Hut in Long Beach, a local mainstay, closes for good

There are 4 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Feb 28, 2013, titled Hof's Hut in Long Beach, a local mainstay, closes for good. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Torres and Wocott have spent more than 30 years working and eating in the restaurant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Gee. I had a lot of sex with a lot of waitresses at that place. I still have a pair of blue panties buried in my sock drawer from back in the day. Best part was getting a Hof's Scrambled served to you in bed the next morning. Certainly the end of an era.
Jabba the Hutt

Stanton, CA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Lighten up people, there's another Hof's Hut a couple of miles away on Bellflower Blvd. Deal with it!

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Hof's is out of touch with the food service market. They still serve the greasy spoon diner fare, and a lot of people are more aware of what they shouldn't be eating. Anyone have one of their big plate breakfasts? Loaded with grease!

They could make their breakfasts less unhealthy, less greasy, while serving the same entree, but they just don't. It seems like hey never got into gormet coffee, like the rest of the world. Who wants a pot of coffee on their table when it sucks? Why no choices? Grow up, Hof's!

As the older boomers die from heart disease, I think Hof's will find their customer base dropping dramatically, if they don't change their old-school fatty greasy ways.

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Hof's used to have some of the hottest waitresses in long beach. Now you're far more likely to be waited on by a 50 year old mexican dude, or a fat chick. Long Beach has turned into such a terrible place. Used to be great. Now it's a cemetery. No diversity. Just poor latinos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Alamitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) 4 hr the real vic 198
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr true facts 20,509
Bareness Bonds Babes 12 hr Eating Lesbiins 4
Alan Kearns Sure Looks Funny All Green 12 hr Clare Wetlisp 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 16 hr LMSA Mom 5,881
Worldwide Travel Alert 20 hr George 1
News Yet Another OC City Grapples with Coyote Coexis... Mon Rod Pandealio 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Alamitos Mortgages