Officer Disappears During Diving Exer...

Officer Disappears During Diving Exercise

There are 13 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Officer Disappears During Diving Exercise. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Fairfax County police are continuing to search in Pohick Bay for a police officer who failed to resurface during a diving exercise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

John

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 22, 2008
As a fellow brother I hope and pray he has not passed away but I do have to say the hopes of finding him alive are slim at this point. This goes to show just how hard our police and fire train to keep people out of harms way. Lets hope for the best.
Margaret

Kensington, MD

#2 Oct 22, 2008
I keep him and his family in my prayers.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2008
As a retired member of the Thin Blue Line, I would like us to remember this officer and his family abd friends. Let's keep them in our prayers, and hope for the best.

God Bless
Eddy

Annapolis, MD

#4 Oct 22, 2008
This is old news now and should be surpressed for the sake of the family until there is something new to report. After 20 hours it is no longer a search and rescue it is a search and recover. I hope that police department has someone other than that non english speaking buffoon PIO officer to break any bad news to the family. ICE should look into his pedagree and determine if he is one of Gerry Connolly's hide-aways.
PJ Mad Ret Officer

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 23, 2008
This is sadwe have lost 4 offcier this year all ready. May God blass all the officer and correctional officer out there. Paul Madden
Darren

Vienna, VA

#6 Oct 23, 2008
his Dry suit must have flooded or he maybe got caught on something submerged and hung up. Hell of a way to go.
FIRE

Fairfax, VA

#7 Oct 23, 2008
My heart and prayers go out to Fairfax County Police and the family!
ALta Schmidt

Arlington, VA

#8 Oct 23, 2008
First my thoughts and prayers go to the family and his Police offericers. This is not old news and those of us who live in Lorton are concerned and want to know what is happening. We all pray and hope everyday that there is no news. I realize that it has been too long but there is always hope and prayer for the family that can go on.
Lisa

Haymarket, VA

#9 Oct 23, 2008
Your story regarding the missing Fairfax County Police Officer is pathetic to say the least. After almost 48 hours there is alot more information to pass on than this poor version of a 'short story'. Fairfax County plays a major role in this Metropolitan area. I look to the news agencies to give me as much information as possible and believe me, I know there is more out there than this.

For now, I will continue to seek my online information from Fox News.
PJ Mad Ret Officer

Washington, DC

#10 Oct 23, 2008
While praying for this officer in Fredrick MD a officer was killed last night and he had 3 kids. This jobs is getting to be way to hard. My God cover all man and woman on the job. Paul Madden
kristina

Washington, DC

#11 Oct 23, 2008
My thoughs and prayers go out ot the missing officer and his family. I hope and pray they find him and he is ok.
Whazgoingon

Annapolis, MD

#12 Oct 23, 2008
Why was between $100,000.00 and $250,000.00 or even more being spent on this type of training for police officers? There is something more here than meets the eye. This training should be for members of the fire & rescue personnel and not bumbling policemen. If this training was for a legitimate purpose it would have been give to rescue folks. In a real event or emergency that the county says this training simulated, who would you want saving you soggy butt; a trained paramedic or rescue professional or some cop with powdered sugar all over his face. But then consider that supposedly they have gathered the finest and costliest instructors giving this course on saving people who fall overboard, and immediately after the class is over, what the heck happens: Someone falls(sic) overboard, or that's what the county says happened. And surrounded by the areas experts and it finest water rescue personnel, both instructors and students, what the fu** happens. It appears that all of the instructors and the students were graduates or near graduates of the Fairfax County Public School System. I hope since the FBI appeared on the scene (so very strange they were in the area for this Fairfax County training class) that they conducted alcohol and drug testing on all of the instructors and students. I know the county police never conducted those usual test on their Off. Amanda Perry when she killed an innocent human being with her vehicle. That is a coverup we will never forget. So I wonder how much this fiasco is costing the taxpayers especially when you consider the loss of this unfortunate police officer. How much is the life of a twenty year veteran of the police force woth to you Gerry Connolly. My sympathies to the officers family. So sorry for your loss.
Jake

Penetanguishene, Canada

#13 Oct 23, 2008
One less friggin' cop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lorton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US politician Steve Scalise shot at congression... 7 hr spud 464
News Are anti-Trump media to blame for the Alexandri... Tue slick willie expl... 178
News GOP Lawmakers Targeted in Ballfield Shooting Spree Jun 25 huntcoyotes 58
News House panel moves to up funding for US Capitol ... Jun 25 L Craig s Hush Pu... 2
Lorton Music Thread (Aug '15) Jun 25 Musikologist 3
Lawyers gone wild (Oct '07) Jun 23 jowls mombach 15
Will more republicans going to be shot Jun 20 Bert 4

Lorton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lorton Mortgages