Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#56928 Mar 30, 2014
Obamacare sign-ups now exceed 6 million !!!!!!!!!!

“We are seeing near record numbers of consumers coming to check out their options and enroll in coverage,” Marilyn ­Tavenner, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said in a blog post.

“You can’t say,‘Look, everybody hates the law,’ when you see these big numbers coming in,” said John Holahan, a fellow at the Urban Institute’s Health Policy Center, which has been conducting a series of surveys related to the Affordable Care Act.

Read more here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#56929 Mar 30, 2014
College student Fabiola Juarez, 25, signed up for a Bronze plan with Health Net Inc. that costs her $27 a month thanks to a federal premium subsidy. She tried using the state website on her own a couple of months ago but found it too complicated. Then she put off her application until she saw a flier on campus last week advertising enrollment help.

"I'm a student. I tend to procrastinate," said Juarez, who was previously uninsured.

Real estate broker Murphy Richardson, 55, recently picked out a Bronze policy with L.A. Care Health Plan to avoid the penalty for being uninsured. Most Americans must have health insurance starting this year or they face a fine of $95 per adult or 1% of household income, whichever is greater.

Richardson said he lost his previous health coverage a few months ago when he missed a premium payment. That shouldn't be as much of a problem now. He qualified for government assistance based on his income and owes $1 a month for his policy.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-exchang...
BreakIt TapeIt Its Fixed

Scranton, PA

#56930 Mar 30, 2014
The Insiders: Is Obamacare working?
March 28

As we inch toward the March 31 enrollment “deadline,” I think it is fair to ask,“Is Obamacare working?” And by working, I mean both politically for the Democrats and substantively for the country.

White House senior official Dan Pfeiffer tweeted out,“Important to remember that back in Oct and November, everyone thought getting to 6 mil was impossible. Amazing comeback story.” We can discount that; Team Obama’s credibility is shot.

So what do we really know? What does the information available really tell us, and what can we discern from the constant evasiveness of the administration?

Substantively, the administration is refusing to acknowledge a few essential points.

One, the original definition of “success”— the CBO number they adopted as their own — was 7 million enrollees.

And next, an estimated 20 percent of the alleged 6 million enrollees have not paid their premiums, which means they do not actually have insurance.

That leaves us with 4.8 million enrollees at best, without discounting duplicate enrollments, unfinished applications and any other factors that would diminish the number who have actually signed up for Obamacare.
After all the insurance cancellations, the administration’s insistence that 6 million people now have insurance because of Obamacare is a lot like firing 20 people, hiring 18 of them back and claiming that you have created 18 new jobs. In other words, nobody knows what the net number of people insured is once you have factored in how many people lost their insurance because of Obamacare.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Obamacare Suffering

Scranton, PA

#56931 Mar 30, 2014
The “No Obamacare Horror Stories” Fairy Tale
March 24, 2014
For many, suffering under Obamacare is all too real.

“There are plenty of [Obamacare] horror stories being told. All of them are untrue,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid not long ago on the floor of the Senate.

Four years after the president signed the measure into law, there are, of course, many real stories of hardship under Obamacare. An extensive list of which is included at the end of this article.

But when Reid made those remarks, he wasn’t repeating words carelessly dashed off by some 20-something staffer. Rather, he was repeating a meme that has become common among those who economist Thomas Sowell dubs “the Anointed,” intellectuals whose belief in their own superior knowledge and virtue leads to their misperception that they are an anointed elite more qualified to make decisions for the rest of us in order to lead humanity to a better life.
[11] People suffering because of ObamaCare:

http://thefederalist.com/2014/03/24/the-no-ob...
Condi Rice

West Mifflin, PA

#56932 Mar 30, 2014
To the over 6 million that are now signing up for Obamacare, you have to add 4 million people gaining coverage through Medicaid expansion; 3 million enrollees in their early 20s who remain on their parents’ policies. The last 2 statistics were as of Jan 7 and need updating. Still over 13 million and increasing have now gotten health insurance through Obamacare. Not Bad,huh?

Now if the dozen and more Republican governors or legislatures would end their foolishness and allow Medicaid expansion, we would be up over 20 million. As Sen. Ted Cruz said before the Republican shutdown of the government, once Obamacare goes forward, it can't be turned back, can it?.
D Rumsfeld

West Mifflin, PA

#56933 Mar 30, 2014
Obamacare sign-ups now exceed 6 million !!!!!!
More than 6 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance under the ­Affordable Care Act, the White House announced Thursday,­reflecting a surge in enrollment after months of technical problems prevented many people from picking a plan.
“We are seeing near record numbers of consumers coming to check out their options and enroll in coverage,” Marilyn ­Tavenner, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said in a blog post.
“You can’t say,‘Look, everybody hates the law,’ when you see these big numbers coming in,” said John Holahan, a fellow at the Urban Institute’s Health Policy Center, which has been conducting a series of surveys related to the Affordable Care Act.
To the over 6 million that are now signing up for Obamacare, you have to add 4 million people gaining coverage through Medicaid expansion; 3 million enrollees in their early 20s who remain on their parents’ policies. The last 2 statistics were as of Jan 7 and need updating. Still over 13 million and increasing have now gotten health insurance through Obamacare. Not Bad,huh?
Now if the dozen and more Republican governors or legislatures would end their foolishness and allow Medicaid expansion, we would be up over 20 million. As Sen. Ted Cruz said before the Republican shutdown of the government, once Obamacare goes forward, it can't be turned back, can it?
Thanks Barack !
Read more here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health... ;
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#56934 Mar 30, 2014
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#56935 Mar 30, 2014
Obama Care Facts:
Dispelling the myths !!
Read more here:
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-myths.php
Thanks Barack !
Newt G

West Mifflin, PA

#56936 Mar 30, 2014
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama
March 17- 23 , 2014.......... 44 %
Read more here:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obam...
Thanks Barack !
Newt G

West Mifflin, PA

#56937 Mar 30, 2014
With the changes in the law that have already been implemented, I have already benefited from Obamacare. Before the law changed and health insurance policies were required to cover preventative screenings, I had put off getting a colonoscopy because I would have had to pay for the entire amount myself (the $3000 cost being less than my deductible).

My family history for colon cancer is downright scary. My father and both of his parents had colon cancer. My father was diagnosed at age 45 and died 4 years later from the disease after “living” with several surgeries, radiation treatment and chemotherapy during his last years. His mother lived into her 80’s before succumbing to the disease and his father died of other causes in his 50’s before the colon cancer could get him.

In the years leading up to and past the age that my father was diagnosed and then died of colon cancer, I had a nagging fear that the disease would visit me also.

Finally, in my later 50’s, the ACA changed what my policy was required to cover and I scheduled my test since my insurance company was now required to pick up the tab.

Years of stress melted in relief when I saw the photos of my healthy, pink colon after my test. Another test isn’t needed for 10 years. The peace of mind I was able to experience because of the new law is more valuable even than the money I was able to save.

I recently found out through coveroregon.com that I qualify for a substantial subsidy toward my health insurance premiums under the new law. So although my current plan is being phased out, I have the choice of upgrading my plan and keeping my premiums about the same or paying even less, or signing up for a similar (but better) plan to the one I currently have and paying much less than I have been.

I am sure there are hundreds of thousands, and probably eventually millions of stories similar to mine. I understand that there are a small percentage of people who will end up paying more for health insurance, but almost all of them are so well off that they do not qualify for government subsidies. Most of these people can afford to pay a bit more.

There is a lot of noise from the people who want to kill, stop, impede and otherwise throw a monkey wrench into what is being called Obamacare. The true source of this noise is not anyone who actually cares about helping people – it is about protecting power and money. Too bad the press has been giving this B.S. so much airtime.

If I had my way, there would be universal health care for everyone – but the political climate makes that impossible right now. I think the Affordable Care Act is probably about as much improvement to our broken health care system as we could have hoped for right now.
John G
Ashland Oregon
Al Gore

West Mifflin, PA

#56938 Mar 31, 2014
Climate change is affecting all parts of the globe, and the gap between the latest science on climatic change and government action to cut greenhouse emissions remains large, according to a sweeping U.N. report out today.

"In recent decades, changes in climate have caused impacts ... on all continents and across the oceans," according to a landmark report released early Monday in Yokohama, Japan, by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the world's most comprehensive climate change report ever created.

The devastating effects of recent extreme events and extreme weather disasters also prove that our ability to adapt to a changing climate is low, according to the report.

If left unchecked, the report finds that climate-change risks include:

•Coastal flooding, which will devastate areas near the shore.

•Widespread hunger due to warming, drought and severe downpours.

•Damage to big cities because of inland flooding.

•Extreme weather and storms, damaging some of the things we take for granted, like electricity, running water and emergency services.

"We live in an era of man-made climate change," said Vicente Barros, co-chair of the group that prepared the report. "In many cases, we are not prepared for the climate-related risks that we already face."

"The science is clear and the debate is over," he said. "Climate change is happening and humans are the major cause of emissions, driven mainly by our dependence on fossil fuels. This is driving global warming. This report sets out the impacts we already see, the risks we face in the future and the opportunities to act."

Read more here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/03...
word to ya mutha

Malawi

#56939 Mar 31, 2014
There is a documentary on YouTube that pretty much proves Michelle Obama is a transvestite. It also points out that Serena Williams is a dude as well.
word to ya mutha

Malawi

#56940 Mar 31, 2014
Here is the documentary http://youtu.be/fVAXqKugXkg
Lolol

Woodbury, NJ

#56941 Mar 31, 2014
Lololol
PICKLE JAR

Louisville, KY

#56943 Mar 31, 2014
OMG it all makes sense now. LMAO !!!!
word to ya mutha wrote:
Here is the documentary http://youtu.be/fVAXqKugXkg

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#56944 Mar 31, 2014
WHY NOT make a Thread .ALL your OWN..about your Obama GRIPES... then..

BEAT..

THIS Governor's Thread like a Dead Horse???
Herman Cain

West Mifflin, PA

#56945 Mar 31, 2014
Poll: Pa. Majority Favor Legalizing Medical Marijuana !!!!!!!!!!

See the shocking video here:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/health/Po...
Herman Cain

West Mifflin, PA

#56946 Mar 31, 2014
Like the 19 other states that allow medical marijuana, New Jersey lets children use it. But unlike all but a few, the state law and regulations currently in place

Yeah baby!!
smoke em up

West Mifflin, PA

#56947 Mar 31, 2014
According to the Anchorage Daily News, Alaska may have an all-time high voter turnout for August's election. That's because legalizing marijuana for recreational use is on the ballot along with the primary for a senate seat and several other highly contested issues. The marijuana legalization ballot initiative is modeled after Colorado's law and would allow individuals who are over 21 to possess an ounce of marijuana and grow up to six plants. In addition, an adult may transfer an ounce of marijuana to another adult without recrimination.

Along with gay marriage, raising the minimum wage and women's rights all these laws will pass in all 50 states in the next 3- 5 years!!!

Yeah Baby!
Milt

Pittsburgh, PA

#56948 Mar 31, 2014
Nice today wasn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our view: Could Erie church closing be new begi... Jul 26 Arington Sonya 6
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Jul 18 Kandee805 17
What happen now? Jun '15 DontFront 1
Cambria County Prison (Dec '11) Jun '15 DontFront 4
Appeals court nixes suit May '15 unknown 1
Jesus, Son of God (Mar '14) Apr '15 Jesus 4
To the REALIST, (Mar '14) Apr '15 The devil 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loretto Mortgages