Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Loretto Forum

Comments (Page 2,451)

Showing posts 49,001 - 49,020 of51,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Ridge Runner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he forgot to mention that he will off-set any reductions in fuel prices with new taxes on the middle class (or what republicans like to call them ...fees, hahaa).
One more thing...
Long live Social Security...take away the cap from the wealthy to bolster the program for all of us middle class workers...lets retire with dignity.
Hands off our Social Security.
They are trying to make it seem only the drivers who use the roads cause wear when in fact most damage in Pennsylvania came from lack of regular or yearly routine maintenance. There are major roads that tourist and suburbanites use to go to and from cities that have had pot holes, sink holes and cracks for YEARS. Unrepaired roads create debris & stones which are dragged over good road like stones on glass creating more damage. Water gets in causing more damage during freeze-thaw cycles and rust on bridges. A lot of bridge repair is taking care of the surface and drainage. How is it that many bridges drip water for weeks after any rain or snow.

I would bring the Republicans and Democrats who have been in power for the last several decades up on charges of neglect, incompetence and malfeasance. You don't need or shouldn't need a 2 BILLION bill to do what a couple million a year should've been taking care of. Where the heck have our tax dollars been going. Pa is one of minority states inspecting cars yearly-where is that money going.

The political hacks write off road damage as votes/job security for their workers & contractors. And yes those government workers are "their" employees. In most communities in Pennsylvania you need a politician on your application/resume for ANY job.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

The extrapolation fallacy
- Don’t believe the hype about worst-case scenarios in Obamacare coverage

[T]hese journalists are falling victim to the same extrapolation fallacy that pervades so much political coverage. In these sorts of stories, reporters identify a current trend and spin out a story in which it continues to implausible extremes.

Consider two recent examples: the decline in President Obama’s standing in the polls after his first debate with Mitt Romney and the surge in Democrats’ standing in the generic House ballot during the government shutdown.

In both cases, journalists extrapolated wildly from a short-term trend, hyping Romney’s “momentum”and the damage to the Republican brand and suggesting that the trends would continue in the direction indicated by the arrows in the graphs below.

But as the graphs show, any shifts in public opinion around those events were transitory.… Romney’s standing in the polls stabilized soon after the first debate. Likewise, the GOP quickly shifted from defense to offense after the media’s attention shifted from the shutdown to the healthcare rollout.

While it is possible to imagine alternative scenarios (see, e.g., the breathless reporting in the 2012 campaign retrospective Double Down on how Obama narrowly averted a disastrous second debate), the reality is that national politicians and parties rarely self-destruct on the level that these predictions require.

Democrats now face a policy challenge that is more difficult than overcoming a poor debate performance, but it is likely that the administration will fix enough problems to maintain party cohesion and prevent repeal, particularly once they can highlight benefits from the law that will become available in January.

http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/the_...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

No, Obamacare Isn't an Existential Threat to Liberalism

This isn’t to say that a collapse of Obamacare would be without consequences. It would probably ruin the Democrats’ chances in 2014, perhaps leading to truly significant Republican gains in the Senate. Given that that chamber tends to be a natural Republican gerrymander, it would probably take Democrats some time to recover. But also given the current makeup of the House, further liberal legislation was likely going to have to wait for quite some time anyway.

And even if Obamacare does collapse, the most liberal aspects of the American health care system — Medicare and Medicaid — will still be around. Democrats have already been pretty straightforward about what their “Plan B” will be: Medicare/Medicaid for all. Both programs are still very popular, and the Democratic standard-bearer in 2016 would almost certainly campaign on expanding them, perhaps to those over 55 for Medicare and under 25 for Medicaid. I’m not sure that would be a losing issue, even with an Obamacare collapse. In 10 years, I think it’d be a winner.

I’ve written along these lines dozens of times regarding various attempts by commentators to bury conservatism or the Republican Party. But it is no less true of liberalism and the Democratic Party. The American electorate is not intensely ideological, and is more motivated by things such as the state of the economy, whether there is peace abroad (or whether we’re winning a war), and whether the president is suffering from a major scandal. Obamacare’s collapse wouldn’t be a good thing for liberalism. It wouldn’t even be neutral. But it wouldn’t be the end of the liberal ideology, either.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Follow us:@RCP_Articles on Twitter

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Remember this recent instance of us being told Democrats should panic because all was lost?

Yeah, how did that turn out? LOL!

----------

It's Way Too Early for Democrats to Panic

I'm increasingly convinced that the Washington press corps suffers from histrionic personality disorder. For much of the first half of 2012, the stories coming out of the nation's capital were generally about the weakness of the Republican presidential field, Mitt Romney's difficulty securing his base, President Obama's burgeoning lead, and the economy finally gaining steam. Conventional wisdom seemed to have congealed around the idea that Obama was an almost-heavy favorite for re-election over the hapless Romney. Intrade scored his re-election odds at upwards of 60 percent.

But over the past several weeks, the storyline has changed dramatically. A bad jobs report, the failed Wisconsin recall effort, polls showing a tight race in Michigan, a fundraising report showing that Romney outraised the president last month, and a terrible presidential gaffe on the economy quickly turned the conventional wisdom on its head. Now news reports focus on Obama’s listless campaign, and the serious challenge he faces from Romney. A front page Washington Post story from Karen Tumulty even suggested that it was time for Democrats to panic.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
I guarantee

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Jason Furman:
The ACA is contributing to the recent slow growth in health care prices and spending and is improving quality of care: ACA provisions that reduce Medicare overpayments to private insurers and medical providers are contributing to the recent slow growth in health care prices and spending. Other ACA reforms are reducing hospital readmission rates (see figure below) and increasing provider participation in payment models designed to promote efficient, high-quality care.

The ACA is contributing to the recent slow growth in health care prices and spending and is improving quality of care.

heh, heh, heh

WASHINGTON — Just 26,794 of the 106,185 people who selected health insurance last month used the troubled federal exchange site, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Wednesday.

The remaining 79,391 people used the state exchanges to enroll, for a total of 106,185 people enrolled from Oct. 1 to Nov. 2. That's a fraction of the 7 million people the government estimates will buy insurance during the first year of the Affordable Care Act.

"Dan the Man Chambersburg", you are one brain dead obummer drone.
I guarantee Panic

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Remember this recent instance of us being told Democrats should panic because all was lost?
----------
I'm increasingly convinced that the Washington press corps suffers from histrionic personality disorder. For much of the first half of 2012, the stories coming out of the nation's capital were generally about the weakness of the Republican presidential field, Mitt Romney's difficulty securing his base, President Obama's burgeoning lead, and the economy finally gaining steam. Conventional wisdom seemed to have congealed around the idea that Obama was an almost-heavy favorite for re-election over the hapless Romney. Intrade scored his re-election odds at upwards of 60 percent.
But over the past several weeks, the storyline has changed dramatically. A bad jobs report, the failed Wisconsin recall effort, polls showing a tight race in Michigan, a fundraising report showing that Romney outraised the president last month, and a terrible presidential gaffe on the economy quickly turned the conventional wisdom on its head. Now news reports focus on Obama’s listless campaign, and the serious challenge he faces from Romney. A front page Washington Post story from Karen Tumulty even suggested that it was time for Democrats to panic.

dannyBOY you have such panic
G Powell

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

November 13 , 2013

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has the statistics of who signed up in the first month:

From Oct. 1 to Nov. 2, 1,509,883 people applied for coverage through a federal or state marketplace.

Of those individuals, 106,185 approved applicants actually picked an insurance plan — 79,391 through a state marketplace and 26,794 through the federal marketplace.

About a quarter of the people who applied, or 396,261, were told they were eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.

Despite having problems with the ACA website,those arent bad numbers after all.

As the web site improves over time an estimated 4 million more will sign up as of March in 2014.

People are weighting in their options as to which plan to buy and are comparing numbers.

We encourage people to 'window shop' before purchasing healthcare under the ACA.

This is somewhat what President Bush did when he first invaded Iraq, he didnt have a plan in place , but took years to figure it out after troops were thrown to the wolves and came home in caskets with no REAL plan of how to take the enemy down. Fixing the ACA website didnt kill one American.
R Reagan

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 08:23 AM PDT.

Meet the Grandfather of Obamacare: Ronald Reagan

On February 16, 1972, the AP headline in papers across the country was "Mandatory Health Insurance Program Proposed by Reagan."

Yeah, that's right-- mandatory as in everybody would had to have it. In fact, everyone would have to have money taken right out of their pay check to pay for the catastrophic coverage portion of their insurance and everyone would be required to have "regular insurance" for everything else.

Like Obamacare, there was no public insurance in this plan, everything was private insurance from plans pre-approved by a new "state health security commission," but unlike Obamacare, if you didn't want the insurance you couldn't pay the small fine and go on your way-- you had to pay for the catastrophic coverage and their were fines if you didn't have the regular insurance.

You could say that Reagancare was like Obamacare with teeth (mandatory payroll taxes) to prevent people from getting out of mandatory coverage.

Yet, Tea Party Republicans invoke Reagan's name at every turn and are even shutting the government (something Reagan vehemently opposed) to kill Obamacare in some sort of Reaganesque, don't blink, show-down moment... all to stop a health care plan that can be traced back directly to... Reagan!

Take a peek here:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/02/1243...
R Reagan

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

President Richard Nixon's Special Message to the Congress Proposing a Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan

February 6, 1974

From The American Presidency Project, University of California at Santa Barbara

To the Congress of the United States:

One of the most cherished goals of our democracy is to assure every American an equal opportunity to lead a full and productive life.

Related Content
Obama's Health Care Dilemma Evokes Memories Of 1974
In the last quarter century, we have made remarkable progress toward that goal, opening the doors to millions of our fellow countrymen who were seeking equal opportunities in education, jobs and voting.

Now it is time that we move forward again in still another critical area: health care.

Without adequate health care, no one can make full use of his or her talents and opportunities. It is thus just as important that economic, racial and social barriers not stand in the way of good health care as it is to eliminate those barriers to a good education and a good job.

Three years ago, I proposed a major health insurance program to the Congress, seeking to guarantee adequate financing of health care on a nationwide basis. That proposal generated widespread discussion and useful debate. But no legislation reached my desk

Read more here:

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2009/...
America deserves to fail

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Homestead Homo, make sure you and Danny Boy are in the front row when the shit hits the fan. LOL

100 million will probably lose health insurance just before the 2014 elections! LOL

Can't wait!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

TPM:

Norm Ornstein: Republicans Forced Reid's Hand On The Nuclear Option

"For whatever reason, the Republicans decided to go nuclear first, with this utterly unnecessary violation of their own agreement and open decision to block the president from filling vacancies for his entire term, no matter how well qualified the nominees," Ornstein told TPM in an email. "It was a set of actions begging for a return nuclear response."

He also speculated that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) secretly wanted Democrats to go nuclear so he could use the same tactic to end the filibuster entirely if and when Republicans takes the majority.

"McConnell's threat, it seems to me, makes clear the strategy: let Dems take the first step, and we will then bear no blame when we entirely blow up the Senate's rules after we take all the reins of power," he said. "That other Republicans like Corker, McCain, Alexander, Murkowski and so on, went along, shows how much the radicals and anti-institutionalists now dominate the Republican Party. Which is sad indeed."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Reid: Senate GOPer Approached Me With A Deal On Filibuster

Moments after pulling the trigger, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Thursday that an unnamed Senate Republican proposed a deal on President Barack Obama's judicial nominees in order to avoid a filibuster rules change via the "nuclear option."

"Last night I got a call from one of my Republican friends saying, Harry, we've got a deal for you," he said at a Capitol Hill press conference. "I'm anxious to listen. What is this -- we'll give you one of the D.C. Circuit [Court nominee], that way it will be 5-4.

"I just can't imagine -- and one of my friends, he's a friend, anyway, we've been in the House together, Senate together, a long type, what would you do? What would you do, I said?" he added. "And he, just the two of us, he didn't want to, he said I'm not answering that question. Everyone knows that what has gone on is absolutely unfair and wrong and I'm glad we changed it. It's a day of freshness for this great country of ours."
America deserves to fail

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

America deserves to fail wrote:
Heckuva job, Obama! Americans jeer the president’s performance

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...

37% approval - Let's see ... 14% of the nation is black ... the other 23% is just pathetic. LOL
OBAMACARE! LOL

Looking at Harry Reid's latest whiny photos - did you know he has two anal sphincters ... one at each end. LOL What a prince!
America deserves to fail

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

... the race card no longer works here. Did you hear the new "n" word, according to Mssssss. Wassermantest? It's OBAMACARE! The most beautiful sound I ever heard ... OBAMACARE, OBAMACARE, OBAMACARE ... LOL
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Trey Radel, Busted On Cocaine Charge, Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients
WASHINGTON -- In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.
“It’s really interesting it came on the heels of Republicans voting on everyone who had access to food stamps get drug tested," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told BuzzFeed Tuesday. "It’s like, what?”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/trey...
One of the things I had heard for years from insider Republican sources that by the late 1990s many Republican politicians in Republican dominated Delaware county owned many drug rehab facilities. It was their dirty little secret. My insiders were more hush hush about that other business in county. To me this was confirmed with the cash for kids scandal. Many of these Republicans are so hypocritical.

Many Republicans I know are there for one reason-a job. In the county and township unless you have a politician's name on your application or resume you will not get the job. They really don't give a hoot about the job. Was told volunteer for them for a year then ask them to be a sponsor or reference on a job application. I'm grateful I never got that desperate because a deal like that means that politician owns your job/career for life. Ironically some of their strongest support in the county comes from union members which is more hypocrisy. But in the end most politicians are about themselves as are those asking for "favors".

Wonder if this POS from Virginia will change his stance or offer his constituents the same rehab and second chances he will get. Everyone makes mistakes but certain "mistakes" or behavior you avoid like the plague. And this a guy who is trying to legislate how you will live your life.
SmokeFilledBarac kR oom

Taylorsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Come join Barack and Rahm in the boys room for some good ole smoke blowing out your azz fun !!
healthy egos

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

President Obama Should Never Apologize For Passing Obamacare
It’s true what they say: Barack Obama does not relish the game of politics. Don’t get me wrong—as the first president in more than five decades to win more than 51 percent of the vote twice, he understands how the game is played. But Obama did not run for elected office because he needed to be loved. He has his family and friends for that, and he lacks the insecurity that lies just beneath the healthy egos of so many politicians.
This president does not crave constant affirmation, which means he does not engage easily in the backslapping and glad-handling and forced emoting that comes so naturally to other elected officials.
But the president should never apologize for passing the Affordable Care Act, and neither should those of us who have supported this kind of reform for years, even decades.
We didn’t fight for this law because it was good politics.
We didn’t fight for this law with the hope that it would lead to some ideological victory for big government—otherwise we wouldn’t have proposed a plan that maintained the private insurance market with reforms that Republicans once championed.
We fought for this law because no other advanced democracy on Earth gave insurance companies free rein to profit by discriminating against all but the healthiest and wealthiest citizens.
We fought for this law because 14,000 Americans, most of them working and middle class, were losing their health insurance every day—with no other options.
We fought for this law because millions of other Americans thought they had decent coverage until their insurance company refused to pay for treatment that someone in their family desperately needed; because people died as a direct result of not being able to afford better health care.
The reason we fought so hard for this law—the reason Obama is willing to stake his entire legacy on making it work—is because so many of us have had a personal experience with the fear and vulnerability that comes with being sick.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

President Obama Should Never Apologize For Passing Obamacare

fear the communist
Sidney

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Despite the disastrous rollout of the federal government's healthcare website, enrollment is surging in many states as tens of thousands of consumers sign up for insurance plans made available by President Obama's health law.

A number of states that use their own systems, including California, are on track to hit enrollment targets for 2014 because of a sharp increase in November, according to state officials.

"What we are seeing is incredible momentum," said Peter Lee, director of Covered California, the nation's largest state insurance marketplace, which accounted for a third of all enrollments nationally in October. California — which enrolled about 31,000 people in health plans last month — nearly doubled that in the first two weeks of this month.

Several other states, including Connecticut and Kentucky, are outpacing their enrollment estimates, even as states that depend on the federal website lag far behind. In Minnesota, enrollment in the second half of October ran at triple the rate of the first half, officials said. Washington state is also on track to easily exceed its October enrollment figure, officials said.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Poll:'Obamacare' vs.'Affordable Care Act'
How do you feel about Obamacare? How about the Affordable Care Act?
They're two different names for one law, but a new poll shows more Americans oppose the president's signature health care law when it has his name attached than when it's called the official name.
According to a new CNBC poll that surveyed two different groups, 46% of the group that was asked about "Obamacare" was opposed to the law, while 37% of the group asked about the "Affordable Care Act" was opposed to the law.
At the same time, more people support "Obamacare" (29%) than those who support ACA (22%.) In other words, having "Obama" in the name "raises the positives and the negatives," as CNBC put it.
It's also important to note that 30% didn't know what the ACA was, compared to 12% who weren't familiar with Obamacare, according to the poll.
The word "Obamacare" has taken on a roller-coaster trajectory of its own, first coming into favor with Republicans as a criticism of the law, and more recently, as the subject of Democratic efforts to reclaim it.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/...
LMAO!

9% difference between two DIFFERENT groups? That's what you're crowing about?

That poll was from September, before the October Obamacare roll out debacle and before millions of people received insurance cancellations.

Whatever it's called, the health care law that Obama and the Democrats have shoved down the throats of Americans is an erupting disaster.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

----------
Recent? That article is a year and a half old. What a pathetic tool you are.

Since that article was written, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et al., have exposed themselves as shameless liars who have sold their supporters down the river.

Americans are working two part time jobs, getting their insurance canceled, losing their doctors and paying thousands more a year thanks to the 100% Democratically owned Obamacare legislation.

But you're implying that Democrats will be seeking reelection as Obamacare advocates?

LMAO!

Watch the Democratic rats jump the lame duck Obama/Obamacare ship during reelection to distance themselves from that lying, incompetent fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,001 - 49,020 of51,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Search the Loretto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gallitzen Hotel Thu Exnewken 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '13 fricano 15
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed at 10 1
Susie Q (Feb '13) Feb '13 joe 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••