Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

New Governor, We are only two steps away from Legalizing Marijuana for medical person, This would help with the epidemic of pain killers on the streets and lower crime, and save lives which pain killers is proven to be the reason or stepping stone of Heroin is our young children from all of us Pennsylvanians. The State would definitely profit from the revenue it would bring in. LEGALIZE MARIJUANA and your get my vote,
survivor speaks

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Rape survivor speaks out against Obama for voting ‘present’ on rape protections bill

The lone rape victim who testified before the Illinois Senate on behalf of a 1999 rape-victim protections bill is speaking out against the lone Illinois state senator who chose not to vote for it: Barack Obama.

“I just couldn’t believe it.

How could he do that?

Thank God for the other [senators] who voted for it.

They had a heart.

They had compassion that Obama evidently doesn’t have,”

rape survivor Michelle Eppel told The Daily Caller after recently finding out that Obama was the one non-yes vote.

“He doesn’t care,” Eppel said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/25/rape-surviv...
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Tom C wrote:
http://www.corbettgate.com/
Good Reference.

Shows how tax payer money is used for political favor. Goes way more than it should but theoretically you would expect more from an ex attorney general who supposedly represented the state.

http://www.corbettgate.com/the-allegations.ht...

I wonder how much of this new transportation bill is/are no bid contracts or what kind of kickbacks and "bonuses" were exchanged to guarantee the work on both sides.

Time for a third party governor from any party at this point. But the faux Republican and con servative Corbett must be voted or kicked out of office by lawsuit.
Charles Darwin

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Rape is evolution. She needs to put down the bible and pick up a biology book.
MC Hammer

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Charles Darwin wrote:
Rape is evolution. She needs to put down the bible and pick up a biology book.
_
That is just sick. This seems to be typical on what we expect from the left.
Tom C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

The one term Governor's corruption scandals ......

Take a peek here:

http://www.corbettgate.com/

This is jaw dropping and eyebrow raising !!!
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Tom C wrote:
http://casablancapa.blogspot.c om/
Corbett one term governor !!
Another Republicon scamming the tax payers
And here is an excellent example of politicians protecting each other.

http://casablancapa.blogspot.com/2013/05/mayb...

They all know each other. It's intermeshed. It's so bad that in many townships you need a politician's reference just become a trash man/women. They control all the jobs for a reason-favors and controlling the type of individual they want(won't rat and/or is desperate-they can hold the job against them). It's not about qualified or fair. This is why I don't expect much out of Kane because she probably got her start with favors like these as did most other politicians Democrat or Republican in Pennsylvania.

A lot of what goes on would be firable or layoff worthy in the private sector. Actually something would lead to criminal prosecutions.

I can't believe there isn't any cronyism in the transportation including no bid contracts.

Think of state and local level politics like the cold war where they had MAD or mutually assured destruction . By controlling the politics through individuals & hires they know that the hires know how things work. They know they will over look many things. They also know that their hires know the politicians control their jobs and if they do whistle blow they divulge all the stuff they do regularly-it's a case if you rat on me I'll rat on you and we'll be both out of a job.
Tom C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Govwernor of Pa [ R ] Tom Corbett promised NOT to raise taxes while running for office in 2010......

WOW !!!!

You wonder if people should just stay home and apply for welfare,with gas prices reaching well over 4 bucks a gallon who can afford to drive to work ? Gas prices will likely increase to over 4 bucks a gallon in the spring of 2014 !!!!!!!!!!

Drivers likely will pay a bit more for gasoline but were spared any immediate increase in registration or driver's license fees in the transportation funding legislation signed today by Gov. Tom Corbett.

The legislation repeals the 12-cent-per-gallon tax levied at the pump and shifts gas tax collections to wholesalers by raising the Oil Company Franchise Tax rate and lifting an artificial cap on the tax.

The formula is complicated but will result in a net increase in the state gasoline tax of 9.5 cents per gallon starting Jan. 1; another 9.7 cents for 2015; and at least 8 cents for 2017.

However Mr Corbett gets a state owned car, and his wife too, to jet around Harrisburg with unlimited mileage and a gas card to feed his BIG SUV !!

Wonderful !

"I voted down Obamcare because it is just too expensive for the working class"- Tom Corbett September 15, 2012
Tom C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

A person driving 12,000 miles a year will see a 47.50 increase. That's at the pump. How much more will we be paying for food ,clothing,building supplies ,etc.,with even higher fuel costs? When you raise the price of gas, EVERYTHING goes up with it. Can anybody figure out yet why there is a mass exodus out of this state? This bill will definitely not help that. The only people Corbett is trying to bring in to PA are oil and gas people. We all get screwed, but the rich and powerful oil and gas people get tax breaks. Perfect. How about taxing the rich people raping our state of its natural resources instead?

Thanks Tom !!~!
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Tom C wrote:
Govwernor of Pa [ R ] Tom Corbett promised NOT to raise taxes while running for office in 2010......
WOW !!!!
You wonder if people should just stay home and apply for welfare,with gas prices reaching well over 4 bucks a gallon who can afford to drive to work ? Gas prices will likely increase to over 4 bucks a gallon in the spring of 2014 !!!!!!!!!!
Drivers likely will pay a bit more for gasoline but were spared any immediate increase in registration or driver's license fees in the transportation funding legislation signed today by Gov. Tom Corbett.
The legislation repeals the 12-cent-per-gallon tax levied at the pump and shifts gas tax collections to wholesalers by raising the Oil Company Franchise Tax rate and lifting an artificial cap on the tax.
The formula is complicated but will result in a net increase in the state gasoline tax of 9.5 cents per gallon starting Jan. 1; another 9.7 cents for 2015; and at least 8 cents for 2017.
However Mr Corbett gets a state owned car, and his wife too, to jet around Harrisburg with unlimited mileage and a gas card to feed his BIG SUV !!
Wonderful !
"I voted down Obamcare because it is just too expensive for the working class"- Tom Corbett September 15, 2012
June 2010:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/20...

March 2011:

Calls for 'deep' spending cuts

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/08/news/economy/...

Dec 2012:

Stays firm on no new taxes.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-01/news/35...

February 2013, 2 months later. Gas tax increase and cuts for others.

http://paindependent.com/2013/02/corbetts-thi...

And what do we get. The highest gas tax in THE COUNTRY

http://www.empowerpa.org/pennsylvania-one-ste...

Corbett truly is a fiscal con servative.
Sand without Sun and Surf

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

A gallon of gas will most likely be $4.00 @ gallon by next May without added PA gasoline tax..........just in time for families to plan their vacations,,,,,,,,,,but since the gas tax which will be tacked on of at least 9-12 cents a gallon more,( Thanks Tom Corbett !) well people will have to fill their bathtubs up and throw some sand at the foot of the tub and just tell the kids ,,,,"Here's where your vacation will be, we cant afford to drive to the beach" !!!!

Now where is that air compressor at so we can blow up this raft?
Jerry S

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Corbett stays firm on promise to not raise tax !!
HARRISBURG - At a time when some Republicans in Washington are softening their no-tax pledges, the top Republican in Harrisburg is doubling down on his.
"I'm not going to increase taxes ," Gov. Corbett said Thursday to a small group of reporters in his Capitol office. "We'd chase every business out of Pennsylvania."

On taxes, Corbett remained true to his 2010 campaign pledge, saying he would not impose new levies even as the state confronts dual crises in public-employee pension obligations and transportation funding - both with multi-billion-dollar price tags.
The AntiChrist Hunter

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
NSA infected 50,000 computer networks with malicious software
23 november 2013
The American intelligence service - NSA - infected more than 50,000 computer networks worldwide with malicious software designed to steal sensitive information. Documents provided by former NSA-employee Edward Snowden and seen by this newspaper, prove this.
A management presentation dating from 2012 explains how the NSA collects information worldwide. In addition, the presentation shows that the intelligence service uses ‘Computer Network Exploitation’(CNE) in more than 50,000 locations. CNE is the secret infiltration of computer systems achieved by installing malware, malicious software.
http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/11/23/nsa-infec...
You're brain is infected with malicious software. Its called jimmy D-mints Club for Growth...this is the source of your mind debilitating malware..

Keep up the good work....
Jerry S

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

In recent weeks, several Republicans in the U.S. House and Senate have distanced themselves from the no-tax pledge, crafted by Americans for Tax Reform founder Norquist, that they signed years earlier. They say they still oppose raising tax rates and hope to increase revenue by capping deductions and closing loopholes.

Corbett, who signed the same pledge, said taxes are not the only way to finance big-ticket projects. He mentioned public-private partnerships for transportation, such as dedicated toll lanes on heavily traveled roads or bridges. He noted that Virginia and other states already have so-called HOT (high-occupancy toll) lanes. Depending on the state, those high-speed lanes are open only to drivers with two or more passengers - or those who pay a toll.

In the nearly hour-long interview in his office with its mahogany paneling, tapestry curtains, and portraits of governors past, Corbett touted his efforts to bolster the business climate and create jobs. And once again he defended his handling of the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse investigation when he was attorney general. "Did it get done as fast as we'd like? It never gets done as fast as we'd like. This is not CSI, where they get things done in 24 or 48 hours."

Corbett has said he would likely agree to meet with investigators if Attorney General-elect Kathleen Kane, a Democrat, moves forward with her promised probe of the case. Sandusky, a former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach, is serving a 30- to 60-year sentence for molesting 10 boys.
Jerry S

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

While he has not formally declared his candidacy, Corbett left little doubt he will run again in 2014. One Democrat, former state environmental secretary John Hanger, this week launched a run for governor, and others are expected to join the field. Corbett said of his tepid midterm poll numbers, "Polls go up and down."

"I feel very good about my prospects for reelection," he said.

He said cutting spending and reining in borrowing might not win him a popularity contest, like a father who "makes you eat your vegetables and go to bed by 11."

But regardless of whether voters give him a second term, Corbett said, he hopes to be remembered as a good steward of the taxpayers' money. "Would I like to leave as my legacy that I left this state in a better fiscal situation than I found it? Absolutely."

Asked if he liked being governor, Corbett said it was different from his old job.

"I jokingly say that as attorney general, 90 percent of the people like you, 10 percent don't," he said, "and they're probably the ones you either put in jail or sued."
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Jerry S wrote:
While he has not formally declared his candidacy, Corbett left little doubt he will run again in 2014. One Democrat, former state environmental secretary John Hanger, this week launched a run for governor, and others are expected to join the field. Corbett said of his tepid midterm poll numbers, "Polls go up and down."
"I feel very good about my prospects for reelection," he said.
He said cutting spending and reining in borrowing might not win him a popularity contest, like a father who "makes you eat your vegetables and go to bed by 11."
But regardless of whether voters give him a second term, Corbett said, he hopes to be remembered as a good steward of the taxpayers' money. "Would I like to leave as my legacy that I left this state in a better fiscal situation than I found it? Absolutely."
Asked if he liked being governor, Corbett said it was different from his old job.
"I jokingly say that as attorney general, 90 percent of the people like you, 10 percent don't," he said, "and they're probably the ones you either put in jail or sued."
A good seward of the tax payers money-lol

Sounds like it's time Tommy Boy should be working out his self esteem issues with a therapist and not with the citizens of Pennsylvania. It's also time for the faux Republicans to find another front man for their party in Pa.

Just another pandering pos politician that will not get my vote. I don't vote for con servatives.
SmokeFilledBarac kRoom

Taylorsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't vote for Republicans who act like Democrats either.

If Corbett had a D before his name the libs would be applauding his efforts towards higher gas taxes.

PERIOD !!!
SmokeFilledBackRoom wrote:
<quoted text>
A good seward of the tax payers money-lol
Sounds like it's time Tommy Boy should be working out his self esteem issues with a therapist and not with the citizens of Pennsylvania. It's also time for the faux Republicans to find another front man for their party in Pa.
Just another pandering pos politician that will not get my vote. I don't vote for con servatives.
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Pandering Politicians

Corbett can't even hold a promise on one city who already gets around 1/2 the state education budget.

August 2013: Corbett reject Philadelphia's school budget.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-08-15/news/41...

October 2013: Corbett caves. Shut down in progress. Republicans not looking at THAT time. Didn't even get concessions he wanted.

http://mediatrackers.org/pennsylvania/2013/10...

It's bad enough you have the Philadelphia politicians pandering for money by basically using the kids as a threat/extortion. Then you have the poor faux Republican polling. So all of this was reactionary politics on both sides.

One city screams OMG the children then state politicians OMG imminent danger on the roads and bridges they could've funded/were responsible for their decades in office and the con servative governor caves to whims, wishes and demands for votes. The case of the pandering politician.
Independent Voter

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

SmokeFilledBarackRoom wrote:
I don't vote for Republicans who act like Democrats either.
If Corbett had a D before his name the libs would be applauding his efforts towards higher gas taxes.
PERIOD !!!<quoted text>
FYI I voted against Eddie Swindell ......TWICE! I am an equal party basher.....I am NOT biased,,,,, IMO both parties are corrupt from the present President to past Presidents, down to your local crooked sheriff, mayor and council of every town in this country.... If you looked hard enough I bash Obama on some things and give him credit on others, I did the same with Bush and the rest of the corrupt politicians in Washington.
BBw

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Anything BUT a DEMOCRAT!!! They have screwed this nation up bad enough!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Search the Loretto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 48 min bobby6464 3,826
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed at 10 1
Susie Q (Feb '13) Feb '13 joe 1
Review: Italian Village Pizza (Sep '11) Oct '11 mary walk from cresson 3
•••
•••
•••
Loretto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000