Jerry S

West Mifflin, PA

#54547 Nov 25, 2013
Corbett stays firm on promise to not raise tax !!
HARRISBURG - At a time when some Republicans in Washington are softening their no-tax pledges, the top Republican in Harrisburg is doubling down on his.
"I'm not going to increase taxes ," Gov. Corbett said Thursday to a small group of reporters in his Capitol office. "We'd chase every business out of Pennsylvania."

On taxes, Corbett remained true to his 2010 campaign pledge, saying he would not impose new levies even as the state confronts dual crises in public-employee pension obligations and transportation funding - both with multi-billion-dollar price tags.
The AntiChrist Hunter

Baltimore, MD

#54548 Nov 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
NSA infected 50,000 computer networks with malicious software
23 november 2013
The American intelligence service - NSA - infected more than 50,000 computer networks worldwide with malicious software designed to steal sensitive information. Documents provided by former NSA-employee Edward Snowden and seen by this newspaper, prove this.
A management presentation dating from 2012 explains how the NSA collects information worldwide. In addition, the presentation shows that the intelligence service uses ‘Computer Network Exploitation’(CNE) in more than 50,000 locations. CNE is the secret infiltration of computer systems achieved by installing malware, malicious software.
http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/11/23/nsa-infec...
You're brain is infected with malicious software. Its called jimmy D-mints Club for Growth...this is the source of your mind debilitating malware..

Keep up the good work....
Jerry S

West Mifflin, PA

#54549 Nov 25, 2013
In recent weeks, several Republicans in the U.S. House and Senate have distanced themselves from the no-tax pledge, crafted by Americans for Tax Reform founder Norquist, that they signed years earlier. They say they still oppose raising tax rates and hope to increase revenue by capping deductions and closing loopholes.

Corbett, who signed the same pledge, said taxes are not the only way to finance big-ticket projects. He mentioned public-private partnerships for transportation, such as dedicated toll lanes on heavily traveled roads or bridges. He noted that Virginia and other states already have so-called HOT (high-occupancy toll) lanes. Depending on the state, those high-speed lanes are open only to drivers with two or more passengers - or those who pay a toll.

In the nearly hour-long interview in his office with its mahogany paneling, tapestry curtains, and portraits of governors past, Corbett touted his efforts to bolster the business climate and create jobs. And once again he defended his handling of the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse investigation when he was attorney general. "Did it get done as fast as we'd like? It never gets done as fast as we'd like. This is not CSI, where they get things done in 24 or 48 hours."

Corbett has said he would likely agree to meet with investigators if Attorney General-elect Kathleen Kane, a Democrat, moves forward with her promised probe of the case. Sandusky, a former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach, is serving a 30- to 60-year sentence for molesting 10 boys.
Jerry S

West Mifflin, PA

#54550 Nov 25, 2013
While he has not formally declared his candidacy, Corbett left little doubt he will run again in 2014. One Democrat, former state environmental secretary John Hanger, this week launched a run for governor, and others are expected to join the field. Corbett said of his tepid midterm poll numbers, "Polls go up and down."

"I feel very good about my prospects for reelection," he said.

He said cutting spending and reining in borrowing might not win him a popularity contest, like a father who "makes you eat your vegetables and go to bed by 11."

But regardless of whether voters give him a second term, Corbett said, he hopes to be remembered as a good steward of the taxpayers' money. "Would I like to leave as my legacy that I left this state in a better fiscal situation than I found it? Absolutely."

Asked if he liked being governor, Corbett said it was different from his old job.

"I jokingly say that as attorney general, 90 percent of the people like you, 10 percent don't," he said, "and they're probably the ones you either put in jail or sued."
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

#54551 Nov 25, 2013
Jerry S wrote:
While he has not formally declared his candidacy, Corbett left little doubt he will run again in 2014. One Democrat, former state environmental secretary John Hanger, this week launched a run for governor, and others are expected to join the field. Corbett said of his tepid midterm poll numbers, "Polls go up and down."
"I feel very good about my prospects for reelection," he said.
He said cutting spending and reining in borrowing might not win him a popularity contest, like a father who "makes you eat your vegetables and go to bed by 11."
But regardless of whether voters give him a second term, Corbett said, he hopes to be remembered as a good steward of the taxpayers' money. "Would I like to leave as my legacy that I left this state in a better fiscal situation than I found it? Absolutely."
Asked if he liked being governor, Corbett said it was different from his old job.
"I jokingly say that as attorney general, 90 percent of the people like you, 10 percent don't," he said, "and they're probably the ones you either put in jail or sued."
A good seward of the tax payers money-lol

Sounds like it's time Tommy Boy should be working out his self esteem issues with a therapist and not with the citizens of Pennsylvania. It's also time for the faux Republicans to find another front man for their party in Pa.

Just another pandering pos politician that will not get my vote. I don't vote for con servatives.
SmokeFilledBarac kRoom

Louisville, KY

#54552 Nov 25, 2013
I don't vote for Republicans who act like Democrats either.

If Corbett had a D before his name the libs would be applauding his efforts towards higher gas taxes.

PERIOD !!!
SmokeFilledBackRoom wrote:
<quoted text>
A good seward of the tax payers money-lol
Sounds like it's time Tommy Boy should be working out his self esteem issues with a therapist and not with the citizens of Pennsylvania. It's also time for the faux Republicans to find another front man for their party in Pa.
Just another pandering pos politician that will not get my vote. I don't vote for con servatives.
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

#54554 Nov 25, 2013
Pandering Politicians

Corbett can't even hold a promise on one city who already gets around 1/2 the state education budget.

August 2013: Corbett reject Philadelphia's school budget.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-08-15/news/41...

October 2013: Corbett caves. Shut down in progress. Republicans not looking at THAT time. Didn't even get concessions he wanted.

http://mediatrackers.org/pennsylvania/2013/10...

It's bad enough you have the Philadelphia politicians pandering for money by basically using the kids as a threat/extortion. Then you have the poor faux Republican polling. So all of this was reactionary politics on both sides.

One city screams OMG the children then state politicians OMG imminent danger on the roads and bridges they could've funded/were responsible for their decades in office and the con servative governor caves to whims, wishes and demands for votes. The case of the pandering politician.
Independent Voter

West Mifflin, PA

#54555 Nov 25, 2013
SmokeFilledBarackRoom wrote:
I don't vote for Republicans who act like Democrats either.
If Corbett had a D before his name the libs would be applauding his efforts towards higher gas taxes.
PERIOD !!!<quoted text>
FYI I voted against Eddie Swindell ......TWICE! I am an equal party basher.....I am NOT biased,,,,, IMO both parties are corrupt from the present President to past Presidents, down to your local crooked sheriff, mayor and council of every town in this country.... If you looked hard enough I bash Obama on some things and give him credit on others, I did the same with Bush and the rest of the corrupt politicians in Washington.
BBw

Humble, TX

#54556 Nov 25, 2013
Anything BUT a DEMOCRAT!!! They have screwed this nation up bad enough!!
tea bagger

West Mifflin, PA

#54564 Nov 25, 2013
Irelands own wrote:
Three hospitals in rural Georgia had to close because of Obamacare. Many of those in the rural area have had their health insurance increase by 65%!
I thought Obama said that health insurance would go down and you could keep your doctor.....oh that's right......I forgot.....Obama LIED to the American people.
NO link? LMAO......ALL LIES!

Here's the real facts:

Census data shows that Georgia's poverty rate was the third highest in the country in 2010, up two spots from last year, with more than 1.8 million residents counted among the poor.

The only states with higher poverty rates in 2010 were Louisiana and Mississippi.Notice all the states listed above are RED states ?

Why arent the Republicon Congress helping out their states?

They dont care, that's why!! Just look at the Katrina victims under Bush !! Another RED state !

Hospitals in Georgia have been closing down hospitals since the early 90's ( before Obama took office and before Obamacare ) since most everyone is so poor in that state they cant pay for emergency rooms,doctors and unwanted pregnancies. The very rich Republicon congressmen want their votes but wont help their own out.

Why do Republicons hate America so much?

Especially their own voters ?
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54569 Nov 25, 2013
Despite a history of strength and stature in America, the hospital institution is in the midst of massive and disruptive change. Such change will be so transformational that by 2020 one in three hospitals will close or reorganize into an entirely different type of health care service provider. Several significant forces and factors are driving this inevitable and historical shift.

First, America must bring down its crippling health care costs. The average American worker costs their employer $12,000 annually for health care benefits and this figure is increasing more than 10 percent every year. U.S. businesses cannot compete in a globally competitive market place at this level of spending. Federal and state budgets are getting crushed by the costs of health care entitlement programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid. Given this cost problem, hospitals are vulnerable as they are generally regarded as the most expensive part of the delivery system for health care in America.

Second, statistically speaking hospitals are just about the most dangerous places to be in the United States. Three times as many people die every year due to medical errors in hospitals as die on our highways — 100,000 deaths compared to 34,000. The Journal of the American Medical Association reports that nearly 100,000 people die annually in hospitals from medical errors

Third, hospital customer care is abysmal. Recent studies reveal that the average wait time in American hospital emergency rooms is approximately 4 hours. Name one other business where Americans would tolerate this low level of value and service.

Fourth, health care reform will make connectivity, electronic medical records, and transparency commonplace in health care. This means that in several years, and certainly before 2020, any American considering a hospital stay will simply go on-line to compare hospitals relative to infection rates, degrees of surgical success, and many other metrics. Isn’t this what we do in America, comparison shop? Hospitals closing down because of Obamacare is pure fantasy.

What hospitals are about to enter is the place Americans, particularly conservative Americans cherish: the open competitive market. We know what happens in this environment. There are winners and losers.

A third of hospitals now in existence in the United States will not cross the 2020 finish line as winners.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2012/03/onethird-...
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54571 Nov 25, 2013
Fewer Emergency Rooms Available as Need Rises

Hospital emergency rooms, particularly those serving the urban poor, are closing at an alarming rate even as emergency visits are rising, according to a report published on Tuesday.

Urban and suburban areas have lost a quarter of their hospital emergency departments over the last 20 years, according to the study, in The Journal of the American Medical Association. In 1990, there were 2,446 hospitals with emergency departments in nonrural areas. That number dropped to 1,779 in 2009, even as the total number of emergency room visits nationwide increased by roughly 35 percent long before Obamacare was passed into law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/18/health/18ho...
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54572 Nov 25, 2013
Close to a third of emergency departments closed shop over the past two decades, a new study shows.

From 1990 to 2009, the number of hospital emergency departments in non-rural areas in the USA declined by 27%, according to a study in today's Journal of the American Medical Association.

"That's a hefty number, and more than I expected," says study author Renee Hsia, an assistant professor of emergency medicine at the University of California-San Francisco.

Hsia says she and colleagues did a "survival analysis," much like researchers do for breast cancer patients. "In our study, we used the ER as the patient," says Hsia.

They found that the number of emergency departments dropped from 2,446 to 1,779 — an average of 89 closings per year. The figure included only non-rural locations since those in rural areas generally receive special funding from federal sources.

Closings long before Obamacare became law.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/he...
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54573 Nov 25, 2013
The following table illustrates, from January 1, 2001 to the present, all facility closings in Pennsylvania alone, mergers and/or significant name changes as indicated on the Pennsylvania Department of Health License.

Many closed or merged with other hospitals ( closing hospitals) long before Obamacare was passed..

They even closed while Bush was in office?
OH WOW! That cant be ???

Take a peek here:

http://www.phc4.org/dept/dc/hospitalchanges.h...
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54574 Nov 25, 2013
Hundreds of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Threaten to close Hospitals:

Behind the high healthcare cost blamed on Obamacare.

Reports were mostly self-insured against medical malpractice lawsuits. The hospitals had created special trust funds to protect against future lawsuits.

Many of the claims currently in progress are in the pre-trial or trial stages. The fate of these malpractice claims depends in part on the amount of money this trust fund holds, which is a point of contention among interested parties.

Some reports allege that the funds for most hospitals contains between $150 and $250 million per hospital, though many believe that this money spent paying off creditors first, before going to settle any lawsuits.

However, Richard Kanowitz, an attorney for a firm representing six pending medical malpractice cases against a hospital, claimed these trust fund estimates were “woefully low.” Further, Kanowitz alleged that “there are a lot of serious injuries and deaths that will go unremedied.”

Hospitals all agree that having third-party insurance separate from its trust fund, but did not give a firm number on the amount of insurance available in their respected hospitals. In otherwords no hospital can survive with malpractice insurance rates so high and millions paid out in claims.
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54576 Nov 25, 2013
Lawsuits drive up healthcare costs, not Obamacare

We must enact common sense lawsuit reforms to solve our medical liability crisis. Until we do so, hospitals will continue to close.

But it is more than a cost problem. As these hospital closings show, New York’s astronomical medical liability costs are affecting access to healthcare, often by those who need it most. In New York, 19 hospitals have closed since 2000, leaving several neighborhoods underserved.

Thomas B. Stebbins

Executive Director

Lawsuit Reform Alliance of New York

Albany, N.Y.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2013/43/st...
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#54577 Nov 25, 2013
Lawsuit Claims Hospitals Colluded to Hold Down Nurses’ Pay while the hospital made millions in profit.

In a coordinated move spanning four cities, nurses filed four federal lawsuits alleging that hospital systems conspired to keep their pay artificially low despite concerns of a nursing shortage. The suits, which seek class-action status, allege the systems shared information on pay practices with an understanding that they wouldn’t outbid one another to recruit nurses. Here are reports from the WSJ and NYT.

The lawsuits — put together with the help of the Service Employees International Union, which represents nurses and others — were filed yesterday in Chicago, San Antonio, Memphis, Tenn., and Albany, N.Y., against more than 17 hospitals. The suits allege that the hospitals violated federal antitrust laws.

Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll, in Washington, D.C., brought the suits. A spokeswoman for one of the hospitals named as a defendant said the lawsuit is “completely without merit”; another called it “outrageous.”

A nurse serving as a plaintiff in one the lawsuits, told the Times that low wages were causing a nursing shortage in this country:“All of this has led to more of my nurse colleagues becoming travel agents, consultants and real estate agents.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/06/21/lawsuit-c...
Harry Truman

West Mifflin, PA

#54578 Nov 25, 2013
That damn Obamcare closed all these hospitals down just in the state of Pennsylvania, even before he became a Senator.........LMAO! WOW!

We'll include all the hospital closings from 2001 thru 2013....... Obamacare closed all these places down!! We all gonna die !!!!!!!!! Quick gimme some of that Limbaugh nut sac juice........LOL!

Take a peek here:

Just keep scrolling til your mouse wheel falls off ! LMAO!

Thanks Barack !
T Roosevelt

West Mifflin, PA

#54579 Nov 25, 2013
How many hospitals did Bush close down from 2001-2009?

Take a peek here:

I think all those closed hospitals were run by Democrats!!!!! LMAO!

Thanks Barack!
Marissa

West Mifflin, PA

#54580 Nov 25, 2013
Obamacare has nothing to do with rising healthcare costs,it's been going on for years and years!!!

The Great American Hospital Pricing Scam Exposed-We Now Know Why Healthcare Costs Are So Artificially High:

It is no longer that simple as hospitals now artificially raise their rate card charges as a part of the negotiation process they enter into with private, for-profit health insurers.

When the dance between hospitals and health insurers began, if a hospital’s actual cost plus reasonable profit totaled $1,000 for a given procedure and the insurer demanded a 50 percent discount, the hospitals simply negotiated towards doubling the price from $1,000 to $2,000 in order to make it all work out. But over time, hospitals began to include other charges into the cost of a procedure, including their unpaid collectibles from patients who were uninsured and could not pay, losses in unrelated hospital divisions, inefficiency in how the hospital was being operated, etc. As time has progressed, this approach has grown so out of hand that any rational explanation for pricing no longer appears to exist.

Who pays for this?

If you are insured, you are paying for these inexplicable charges through the ever-rising cost of your insurance premiums. And if you are one of the unfortunate millions of Americans who has no health insurance, you are being charged at these shamefully inflated rate card prices—virtually guaranteeing financial ruin should the uninsured experience an illness and become obligated to pay at full, rate card price.

Can there be any economic explanation for this vast chasm between the rate card charges from one hospital to the next?

Certainly, there are explanations as to why costs might be higher in one region of the country than another. Labor rates vary from region to region as can real estate prices to acquire the land and building for a hospital. One can also understand how treatment by a highly regarded physician or staff, or a hospital with dramatically higher success rates, would create price variances

So, is this information proof positive of the benefits of consumer driven healthcare? Now that we see these ridiculous disparities, will consumers of healthcare be motivated to avoid hospitals that are charging grossly inflated prices in favor of lower-cost facilities, forcing the more expensive providers to lower their prices in order to compete?

Maybe. But today’s news is hardly going to come as a surprise to the private health insurance companies who have been complicit in this charade for so many years. Do we not have to ask why these companies would have allowed this insanity to happen? Certainly, the private insurers have more than adequate leverage in their negotiations as no hospital could hope to survive without negotiated agreements with the largest health insurance companies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05...

Thanks Barack!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grace mcguire (Feb '13) Nov '14 Gary Pelphrey 4
Apartment Hunting (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy (Aug '14) Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy (Aug '14) Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed... 1
Loretto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:20 am PST

NBC Sports 7:20AM
Jeremy Maclin on return to Eagles: If it's supposed to happen, it will happen
NFL 9:20 AM
Jeremy Maclin confident deal will get done with Eagles
NFL11:12 AM
Will Eagles move up in draft to select Marcus Mariota?
NFL 1:26 PM
Raiders to cut ties with LaMarr Woodley after one year
Bleacher Report 6:53 PM
How Should Eagles Fill Their Biggest Holes?