Obama

Clearfield, PA

#54276 Nov 20, 2013
D Cheney wrote:
Your honor, I apologize for what I’ve done,” Radel told the judge.“I hit a bottom and I realize I need help.”
“I am so sorry to be here,” he said.“I have let my constituents, my country and my family down. I want to come out of this stronger and I intend to do that, to be a better man, a better husband and continuing serving this country.”
If Radel completes probation, he won’t have a conviction on his record, according to the U.S. attorney’s office.
Radel, 37, was elected last November with 63 percent of the vote. He represents Florida’s 19th Congressional District, which includes Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs and Marco Island.
In a statement issued after he was charged Tuesday, Radel expressed profound regret for his actions and said they stemmed in part from an addiction to alcohol.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/rep...
You don't need to apologize. I've done drugs all of my life.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54277 Nov 20, 2013
Why the Cheneys' gay marriage feud could burn the GOP

The Republican Party acknowledged in its 2012 post-mortem that it had to soften its image and modernize its views to remain viable with a changing electorate. Having a Senate candidate essentially disown her sister and sister-in-law, in public, for being gay is not the best way to convince voters you're truly moving in that direction.

Nor does it reflect well on your party as a whole when that candidate's father — a deeply unpopular former Vice President, no less — has to defend her, essentially tossing another daughter under the bus in the process.(And really, is it ever a good thing, branding-wise, for the GOP to have Dick Cheney going on record about the party platform?)

Rather, voters could easily read Cheney's position as heartless and, quite plainly, politically opportunistic. Scoring political points by knocking your own family members — while at the same time reminding voters that the GOP's official line on gay marriage is increasingly out of step with the majority of America — is not the sort of thing a party desperately in search of a broader base can afford.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-cheneys-gay-marriag...
Condy R

West Mifflin, PA

#54279 Nov 20, 2013
A tea bagger will never again win the white house if they are against abortion,gay rights, hate the blacks , are against immigration,hate latinos and the poor and disabled , love to give tax breaks to the rich..........although they will try to spin the next clown candidate that they have running for president or 'soften' the hate and are against womens rights and womens equal pay.

There are no more old white guys left in the republicon party to win anything. they are in the minority and will never get ahead of the rest of the USA population. the sooner they realize this the better off they will be.
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

#54280 Nov 20, 2013
Do NOT get up caught up in single opinion social issues although important they tend not to affect you directly as do the business decision of any administration.

Case and point. The Pennsylvania Transportation bill will raise raise gas taxes, fines, registrations, licenses etc and might even direct your driving closing roads that need some repairs and not a year of replacing.

There is a DNA sample bill pending in which you DNA will be taken in Pennsylvania upon arrest and NOT conviction. The Pennsylvania legislature are "tinkering" with public disclosure and/or right to know laws.

Do NOT get diverted with single national or local issues. Always look at the other news or what else is going on in politics anyway because most bills start as discussions which turn into public out loud thinking and then formalization through the legislative process and finalized with one politicians signature.

In Pennsylvania's case the governor will have the final say on these issues.

Remember:

DO NOT get diverted or distracted.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

And last but not least remember there are bunch of status quo country club faux Republicans legislating your life with your money and votes.

Location hidden

#54281 Nov 20, 2013
Trey Radel, Busted On Cocaine Charge, Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients

WASHINGTON -- In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.

“It’s really interesting it came on the heels of Republicans voting on everyone who had access to food stamps get drug tested," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told BuzzFeed Tuesday. "It’s like, what?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/trey...

Location hidden

#54282 Nov 20, 2013
Without Massive Republican Opposition, Obamacare Would Be in Better Shape

In this alternate world where conservatives care about governing, Obamacare has its issues, but—with working state exchanges and a full Medicaid expansion—it’s more stable and popular than it is now. Or, put another way, the problems with the law are far more a function of politics than “liberalism” or any other ideological concern.

None of this is to say Republicans should support the law like Democrats. But disagreement doesn’t require the quasi-massive resistance of the last few years. It was—and is—possible for Republicans to oppose key parts of the law, and work for reforms that move the ideological needle in their direction.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

Location hidden

#54283 Nov 20, 2013
The Obamacare sabotage campaign

From the moment the bill was introduced, Republican leaders in both houses of Congress announced their intention to kill it. Republican troops pressed this cause all the way to the Supreme Court — which upheld the law, but weakened a key part of it by giving states the option to reject an expansion of Medicaid. The GOP faithful then kept up their crusade past the president’s reelection, in a pattern of “massive resistance” not seen since the Southern states’ defiance of the Supreme Court’s Brown v. Board of Education decision in 1954.

The opposition was strategic from the start: Derail President Barack Obama’s biggest ambition, and derail Obama himself. Party leaders enforced discipline, withholding any support for the new law — which passed with only Democratic votes, thus undermining its acceptance. Partisan divisions also meant that Democrats could not pass legislation smoothing out some rough language in the draft bill that passed the Senate. That left the administration forced to fill far more gaps through regulation than it otherwise would have had to do, because attempts — usually routine — to re-open the bill for small changes could have led to wholesale debate in the Senate all over again.

But the bitter fight over passage was only the beginning of the war to stop Obamacare.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/the-oba...
Say NO to Copy and Paste

Hazleton, PA

#54284 Nov 20, 2013
They gave up on plagiarizing and just copy and paste on this forum now.

Location hidden

#54285 Nov 20, 2013
Say NO to Copy and Paste wrote:
They gave up on plagiarizing and just copy and paste on this forum now.
It's almost like Topix doesn't enforce its terms, isn't it?
only Democratic votes

Los Angeles, CA

#54287 Nov 20, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
The Obamacare sabotage campaign
From the moment the bill was introduced, Republican leaders in both houses of Congress announced their intention to kill it. Republican troops pressed this cause all the way to the Supreme Court — which upheld the law, but weakened a key part of it by giving states the option to reject an expansion of Medicaid. The GOP faithful then kept up their crusade past the president’s reelection, in a pattern of “massive resistance” not seen since the Southern states’ defiance of the Supreme Court’s Brown v. Board of Education decision in 1954.
The opposition was strategic from the start: Derail President Barack Obama’s biggest ambition, and derail Obama himself. Party leaders enforced discipline, withholding any support for the new law — which passed with only Democratic votes, thus undermining its acceptance. Partisan divisions also meant that Democrats could not pass legislation smoothing out some rough language in the draft bill that passed the Senate. That left the administration forced to fill far more gaps through regulation than it otherwise would have had to do, because attempts — usually routine — to re-open the bill for small changes could have led to wholesale debate in the Senate all over again.
But the bitter fight over passage was only the beginning of the war to stop Obamacare.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/the-oba...

CBS:

DEMS FLEEING WHITE HOUSE OVER OBAMACARE

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/11 ...

‘This is sabotage, plain and simple’
DEMS FLEEING

Los Angeles, CA

#54288 Nov 20, 2013
‘This is sabotage, plain and simple’

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/11...
SmokeFilledBackR oom

Bryn Mawr, PA

#54290 Nov 20, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Trey Radel, Busted On Cocaine Charge, Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients
WASHINGTON -- In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.
“It’s really interesting it came on the heels of Republicans voting on everyone who had access to food stamps get drug tested," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told BuzzFeed Tuesday. "It’s like, what?”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/trey...
I love how a lot of these faux Republicans try to come off all high and mighty but do things that basically say they are nothing but a politician and are pandering for votes feeding off their constituents fears, prejudices and emotions just like a con man would with their mark.

That's how they are selling us anything from voter id to dna samples on arrests only. How can a con servative court or so called con servative Pennsylvania representative like Dominic Pileggi endorse an illegal search and seizure of your body. It's NOT like a finger print which a reproduction of your prints. DNA is part of your body.

These faux Republicans should be on a used car lot. The way they try to sell you is down right professional-just like a used car or swamp land salesman. Democrats are just as bad but when the only defense against the Democrats is just as bsd if not worse we ARE in deep crap.
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#54296 Nov 20, 2013
President Obama's failure of leadership
November 20
Benghazi, the IRS, the NSA, ObamaCare — the fiascoes are mounting
Sorry, President Obama: A majority of Americans don't trust you.

Obama's ratings are still higher than that clown that left office in 2008, he had a 25% approval rating when the country was tanking LMAO!!!!!!!
You asked for it

Harmony, PA

#54297 Nov 20, 2013
Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
What do you think now dumb ass?
L Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#54298 Nov 20, 2013
Irelands own wrote:
<quoted text>This is why Obamacare was delayed. This is why the GOP will now win the senate back in 2014. When the employer mandate comes out, millions more will be angry and the White House will go to the GOP...sorry Hillary, you lose....again.
The way things are going. Obamacare just might be repealed. But democrats will pay a heavy price. Not ONE republican voted for Obamacare and even if it is repealed...the democrats are going to take a beating on election day because of the mess they created for the American people.
Obama will surpass Jimmy Carter as the worse president this country has ever seen.
The dedication of the George W. Bush library gives loyalists of the former president a chance to highlight what they see as the positive legacy of his eight years in office.

But even among supporters there is a sense he'll never be given historical vindication.

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleisher told NBC News: "I'm increasingly doubtful, just because I think the lens of history is not changing. A lot of us used to say President Bush will look good and he'll be vindicated in the public eye. But realistically speaking, I don't see a lot of the people who write history all of a sudden changing their mind about George W. Bush."

As Jill Lawrence points out, the polling of historians seems to back this up.

Nearly 60 percent of the historians and political scientists in a 2006 Siena College survey rated Bush's presidency a failure and two-thirds said he did not have a realistic chance of improving his standing.

A 2010 Siena ranking of presidential scholars rated Bush as one of the nation's five worst presidents. A similar 2009 C-SPAN ranking put Bush in the bottom eight.

Take a peek here:

http://theweek.com/article/index/243205/was-g...
Tom C

West Mifflin, PA

#54299 Nov 20, 2013
Corbett to raise gasoline prices 5 cents a gallon in 2014, another 3 cents a gallon in 2015 and another 4 cents a gallon in 2016,,,,,,,,,,only problem is he will be voted out in 2014!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

DRILL BABY DRILL!!

"The more natural gas and oil we can get pump out of PA soil ,the cheaper it will be for the consumer to purchase them"

Tom Corbett---------- May 16, 2011

LMAO!
Ridge Runner

Baltimore, MD

#54300 Nov 20, 2013
Irelands own wrote:
<quoted text>This is why Obamacare was delayed. This is why the GOP will now win the senate back in 2014. When the employer mandate comes out, millions more will be angry and the White House will go to the GOP...sorry Hillary, you lose....again.
The way things are going. Obamacare just might be repealed. But democrats will pay a heavy price. Not ONE republican voted for Obamacare and even if it is repealed...the democrats are going to take a beating on election day because of the mess they created for the American people.
Obama will surpass Jimmy Carter as the worse president this country has ever seen.
Hhahhahahhahaa whoaa let me catch my breath here....what a load.

You're a true idiot...not a fake ...no you're the real deal buddy...no one can take that from you.

Republican desparation....looming losses....the Tea Party bag of crap....looks like nobody is buying into it anymore either just the oddball losers like you.

Have a nice day.....

Hahhahahhahha
Colin P

West Mifflin, PA

#54302 Nov 20, 2013
Irelands own wrote:
<quoted text>Yap I would agree. The only good thing Bush did was go after the terrorists in Afghanistan. That was pretty much it.
It is still too early to say for sure though. But I do believe Obama will be even worse then Bush.
yeah after he was told the terrorists are going to attack us 6 months in advance ..........then he bombs the wrong country killing over 4,000 US troops,.....LMAO!
The New Bobby Teabag

Clearfield, PA

#54303 Nov 20, 2013
Colin P wrote:
<quoted text> yeah after he was told the terrorists are going to attack us 6 months in advance ..........then he bombs the wrong country killing over 4,000 US troops,.....LMAO!
Do you know that you're as stupid today as you were when you first posted on Topix?
DEMS FLEEING

Los Angeles, CA

#54304 Nov 20, 2013
Exclusive:

US May Have Let 'Dozens' of Terrorists Into Country As Refugees

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentuc...

way to go , "Barry Soetoro"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 9 hr Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Apartment Hunting Sep 2 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17

Loretto Jobs

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto

Personal Finance