|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Murders row wrote:
<quoted text>
George Zimmerman charged with felony after allegedly pointing gun at girlfriend
George Zimmerman was charged Monday with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, according to Dennis Lemma, chief deputy with the Seminole County, Florida, Sheriff's Office.
Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this year of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested after the incident at the home of Samantha Scheibe, Lemma said. He also was charged with two misdemeanors -- domestic violence battery and criminal mischief -- in connection with the same incident, Lemma said.
Zimmerman is being held in jail without bail and will make his first appearance in front of a judge Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. ET.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/florida...
Shocking!

Who could have ever predicted?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Spandan:

President Obama Check-Mates Health Insurance Lobby

The entire problem of people who are currently in the individual insurance market being dropped resulted not from the president making a disingenuous promise to the contrary but from insurance companies making the conscious decision to drop their insured and blame it on Obamacare.

Insurers have had more than 3 years to bring their plans into alignment with the minimum coverage requirements of health reform, and they have chosen not to do so over time, instead choosing this moment to scare their subscribers.

The president just turned the tables on the great villain, the insurance companies. He knows what everyone in Washington and the beltway media also know but won't tell you: insurance companies are dropping their coverage without offering reasonable alternatives to their individual market subscribers for one primary reason: they want a piece of the federal subsidies available to millions of Americans through the health insurance exchanges.

They need people buying from the exchanges with the subsidies to help their bottom lines as much as President Obama needs Americans to sign up in order for the Affordable Care Act to succeed. They want a piece of that pot of money, but they want to blame the Obama administration for dragging you there.

And so what the president did was simple, yet brilliant: he told Americans who are distressed that yes, they could keep their insurance plans if they like, instantly making all the cancellation letters blaming the ACA moot and taking away the insurance company's excuses for dropping people.

But, with that same brilliant stroke, he forced insurance companies to do something they haven't been familiar with in decades: to tell their subscribers the truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

I’m the story Obamacare’s opponents don’t want you to hear
- I’ve officially enrolled in coverage through the marketplace. It was easier than I expected — and will save me about $10,000 a year.

Under my current insurance plan, I’m paying $1,400 a month for coverage. Yes, it’s comprehensive. At that price, it had better be. But my rates had been going up by $100 a month annually in the last few years and, as a self-employed woman with a pre-existing condition, I didn’t have a lot of choices.

Starting January 1, I’ll be paying $530 a month for almost identical coverage. Actually, my deductible is less —$150 instead of $250. My prescription co-pay will be just a tad higher, but that still won’t bring me anywhere near what I’m paying per month now. The cost to see a doctor is just about the same if I stay in-network, and the nationwide network is huge. All the other benefits are comparable, with the added bonus of programs to help me better manage my diabetes. Plus, I can keep every single one of my doctors.

http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/11/im-the-sto...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Another Obamacare horror story debunked

Deborah Cavallaro is a hard-working real estate agent in the Westchester suburb of Los Angeles who has been featured prominently on a round of news shows lately, talking about how badly Obamacare is going to cost her when her existing plan gets canceled and she has to find a replacement.

She says she's angry at President Obama for having promised that people who like their health plans could keep them, when hers is getting canceled for not meeting Obamacare's standards.

"Please explain to me," she told Maria Bartiromo on CNBC Wednesday, "how my plan is a 'substandard' plan when ... I'd be paying more for the exchange plans than I am currently paying by a wide margin."

Bartiromo didn't take her up on her request. So I will.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

The myths of Obamacare's 'failure'

Attacks on the Affordable Care Act have stepped up over the last week or so. You'd think that the healthcare reform known as Obamacare is leading to the wholesale loss of affordable insurance by huge sectors of the American public, many of whom will be impoverished by being forced into low-quality health plans at exorbitant prices.

You'd think the entire reform is on "life support," as the usually judicious National Journal put it today, speculating that Democrats may soon start calling for its repeal.

Don't buy the hype. The numbers tell an entirely different story. What they also demonstrate is that the myth of Obamacare's "failure" is a product of the same Republican noise machine that has been working to undermine this crucial reform since Day One. It's assisted by news reporting about canceled health policies that typically ranges from woefully misinformed to spectacularly ignorant, and even at its best is incomplete.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Commissioned poll: Mike Enzi up 53 on Liz Cheney

Liz Cheney’s support has faded in Wyoming since the summer, according to internal polling conducted for a super PAC that’s been running ads against her and shared exclusively with POLITICO.

Sen. Mike Enzi (R) has expanded his lead over the former vice president’s daughter by 12 points among likely primary voters since August. The three-term incumbent was up 52 points, 69 percent to 17 percent, in a survey conducted by Bob Wickers of The Wickers Group at the end of October.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/mike-en...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Cheney Sisters Take Their Gay Marriage Fight to Facebook

The Cheneys don't see eye-to-eye on the issue of gay marriage. After Liz Cheney reiterated her opposition on the Sunday morning talk shows, her sister and her sister's partner took the Republican hopeful to the woodshed in separate Facebook posts.

Liz Cheney, running for the Republican Senate primary in Wyoming, reminded the world how she opposes gay marriage during her Fox News Sunday appearance, despite the wishes of her sister, Mary Cheney, who is a lesbian with two children. "I love Mary very much, I love her family very much," Cheney said on Sunday morning. "This is just an issue on which we disagree."

This is not the first time the Cheney family rift over marriage equality has opened. Liz Cheney is, in fact, the only member of the Cheney family who opposes gay marriage. At first it seemed she was staking the position to help her chances getting elected. Dick Cheney, the former Vice President and father of the feuding daughters, campaigned to legalize gay marriage in Maryland.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2013/11/chene...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

California, number of other states on track to meet ACA enrollment numbers

LATimes:

— Despite the disastrous rollout of the federal government's healthcare website, enrollment is surging in many states as tens of thousands of consumers sign up for insurance plans made available by President Obama's health law.

A number of states that use their own systems, including California, are on track to hit enrollment targets for 2014 because of a sharp increase in November, according to state officials.

"What we are seeing is incredible momentum," said Peter Lee, director of Covered California, the nation's largest state insurance marketplace, which accounted for a third of all enrollments nationally in October. California — which enrolled about 31,000 people in health plans last month — nearly doubled that in the first two weeks of this month.

Couple of points:

1) If Republicans hadn't tried to sabotage this program, it probably would be working well in most if not all states at this point
2) This all could have been avoided with a better federal website
3) As long as the website continues to get better, we should see the federal numbers tick up as well, the question is can they catch up
4) Will the media bother to report this information?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/19/1256...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Eugene Robinson:

Cheney sisters, separated over gay marriage

Nearly a decade ago, Dick Cheney took what was then the bold positionthat it was none of the federal government’s business if gay people wanted to get married. Four years ago, he forthrightly expressed support for same-sex marriage. He’s still waiting for his party to catch up.

In that sense, the tension between the Cheney sisters reflects the larger struggle within the Republican Party to keep pace with a changing America. Same-sex marriage is now legal in 14 states and the District of Columbia; Hawaii will join the fold on Dec. 2 when a new law goes into effect. The Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutional a law denying federal recognition and benefits to same-sex married couples. Many of the states that ban gay marriage also banned interracial marriage until a sweeping Supreme Court ruling in 1967. It’s clear which way the wind is blowing.

There ought to be brave Republican politicians willing to lead the party in the direction the nation is headed. But according to the conventional wisdom, winning a GOP primary means kowtowing to the party’s activist base, which means saying you oppose gay marriage, whatever your actual view might be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

University Of Texas Students Respond To Racist Young Conservatives Of Texas

A former Greg Abbott campaign field director who is organizing a “Catch an Illegal Immigrant” contest at the University of Texas is defending the activity as a way to promote discussion about immigration. Lorenzo Garcia says the game – in which students win a prize if they “capture” a fellow student on campus wearing an “Illegal Immigrant” sign – is a good way to draw attention to the issue.“I can see how some people who are sensitive could see it as offensive, but we’re not targeting any specific race,” he said.
University of Texas President Bill Powers has denounced plans by a conservative group to host a “Catch and Illegal Immigrant” contest on the UT campus this week. Powers said the proposed Young Conservatives of Texas event “is completely out of line with the values we espouse at The University of Texas at Austin. Our students, faculty and the entire university work hard both to promote diversity and engage in a respectful exchange of ideas.”

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/1...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Talking Points Memo:

Cantor Blames Obamacare For Demise Of Immigration Reform
November 16, 2013

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) on Friday blamed Obamacare and its rollout problems for GOP leaders' decision not to bring up immigration reform in 2013.

The No. 2 GOP congressman evoked the health care law in response to House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer's (D-MD) insistence that he bring the Senate-passed immigration bill to a vote.

"We don't want a repeat of what's going on now with Obamacare," Cantor said during a floor colloquy. "That bill, constructed as it is by the Senate, last-minute ditch effort to get it across the finish line. I think that there is a lot that could be done a lot better in that bill."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Let's be mindful," he [Cantor] said, "of what happens when you put together a bill, like Obamacare, and the real consequences to millions of Americans right now, scared that they're not going to even have health care insurance that they have today by -- come January 1. And there are plenty of reasons for that. The mishaps with the websites, the call centers, the stolen identities ... some of which could be blamed on the process by which it was put together. We don't want to make that mistake again."
Thank you, Representative Cantor!
TPM was mocking Cantor for this politically amateurish move.

And I was mocking YOU, Legacy, for not getting that.

Blaming the GOP decision to abandon immigration reform on Obamacare is so blatantly mendacious and craven that you would have to be a completely mindless wingnut drone to believe it's a GOOD thing.
Allstate

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Man buys auto insurance? Not a news story. Man buys homeowner's insurance or a life insurance plan? No. But when a man buys a health care policy through the new federal health insurance exchange it's unconsitutional???????
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Commissioned poll: Mike Enzi up 53 on Liz Cheney
Liz Cheney’s support has faded in Wyoming since the summer, according to internal polling conducted for a super PAC that’s been running ads against her and shared exclusively with POLITICO.
Sen. Mike Enzi (R) has expanded his lead over the former vice president’s daughter by 12 points among likely primary voters since August. The three-term incumbent was up 52 points, 69 percent to 17 percent, in a survey conducted by Bob Wickers of The Wickers Group at the end of October.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/mike-en...
Wow. One Republican is leading another Republican in a poll for a state primary election!

How desperate ARE you to deflect attention from Obama's incompetent 'leadership' and his Obamacare lies?

LMAO!
Geico lizard

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Irelands own wrote:
<quoted text>What you neglected to say is that car insurance, life insurance, and homeowners insurance is a CHOICE. Obmacare is not a choice, it is law!
If your home is paid for, you DO NOT have to purchase insurance. If your car is not being driven and sits, you DO NOT need insurance. Now for the no brainer...life insurance is not mandatory either.
Being FORCED to buy something IS unconstitutional.
See that's what you are missing
Do your homework...
Car insurance NOT a law?????? LMAO! Good. i'll drop mine HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
ObamaCares

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

You'd be afool not to purchase homeowners, what if your house burned down ,do you have enuff money to rebuild? Having car insurance is the same, what if you car is damaged in a tornado or a flood just'sitting there'???......who pays for the replacement if you have NO insurance????

think you moron!

you have a choice to opt out of obamacare.....either pay a fine or get Obamcare....thats a choice. i'd have to say....and if you have no healthcare and get sick and need surgery? Who pays for the services the hospital gives you????????? even a simple gall bladder operation and hospital room stay for 2 days goes for about 18K today.......no healthcare....no problem cough up 18K..........
youre a F#@KING Idiot ! LMAO!
the right people

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Michelle Obama:

'Barack Hasn't Done Any of This Alone'

( CNSNews.com )-

"Write the biggest check you can possibly write,"

First lady Michelle Obama told a gathering of female Democratic senators in New York City on Monday.

She said her husband needs these women to

"dig deep"

so the

"right people" -- Democrats

-- will be elected in the 2014 midterms.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/m...
bladder spill

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

ObamaCares wrote:
You'd be afool not to purchase homeowners, what if your house burned down ,do you have enuff money to rebuild? Having car insurance is the same, what if you car is damaged in a tornado or a flood just'sitting there'???......who pays for the replacement if you have NO insurance????
think you moron!
you have a choice to opt out of obamacare.....either pay a fine or get Obamcare....thats a choice. i'd have to say....and if you have no healthcare and get sick and need surgery? Who pays for the services the hospital gives you????????? even a simple gall bladder operation and hospital room stay for 2 days goes for about 18K today.......no healthcare....no problem cough up 18K..........
youre a F#@KING Idiot ! LMAO!

Opposition to the new health-care law also hit a record high in the survey, with 57 percent saying they oppose the president’s most significant domestic initiative.

Forty-six percent say they are strongly against it.

Just a month ago, as the enrollment period was beginning, the public was almost evenly divided in its assessments of the law.

Disapproval of Obama’s handling of the health-care law’s rollout stands at 63 percent, with a majority saying they strongly disapprove. Last month, 53 percent disapproved.

The findings are the first since Obama’s news conference last week in which he repeatedly acknowledged his and the administration’s mistakes in handling the legislation.

He also sought to assuage the anger among millions of Americans whose individual policies were canceled because they did not meet the new requirements.

think you moron
unemployment rate faked

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

U.S. unemployment rate ‘faked,’ N.Y. Post critic charges

A longtime critic of how the U.S. unemployment rate is calculated is at it again:

New York Post columnist John Crudele claims the government manipulated Census data in such a sway to cause the jobless rate to drop sharply right before the 2012 presidential election.

Now Crudele also says he has a source to prove it

– and he’s willing to share the name with government and congressional investigators.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/20...
MC Hammer

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Obama reads from DRAFT copy of Gettysburg Address that omits “under God” at the request of filmmaker Ken Burns.('Nicolay Version').
_
Who didn't see this comming? Once again he shows his distaste for God and traditions. I wonder why he didn't omit it when he swore in?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 10 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug 6 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug 5 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed... 1

Search the Loretto Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Loretto News, Events & Info